Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,462 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Be Careful Online - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Careful Online (311 Views)

El-Rufai: ‘Be Careful Of What You Tweet About Kaduna, I'm Watching’ / Remi Tinubu To Senator Elisha Abbo: "I Am Another Woman Be Careful" / Dasuki To Daura: "If You Are Not Careful, You May Replace Me In This Room" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Careful Online by badjack(m): 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
Have you ever taught about the level of personal information you give out online about yourself? Some of us including me don't care but many people collect and sale people's personal information to big website, data agencies and statistics firms without our authorisation.
I was shocked when I googled my name. What I saw marveled me. Information I entered in some specific websites like business website, recruitment agencies, social media sites, were seen in global directory sites that I never had dealings with. This includes my authentic phone number, house address, my workplace, my business name and any other transaction I did online.
Guys be careful.
Re: Be Careful Online by Ruddyman(m): 4:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
badjack:
Have you ever taught about the level of personal information you give out online about yourself? Some of us including me don't care but many people collect and sale people's personal information to big website, data agencies and statistics firms without our authorisation.
I was shocked when I googled my name. What I saw marveled me. Information I entered in some specific websites like business website, recruitment agencies, social media sites, were seen in global directory sites that I never had dealings with. This includes my authentic phone number, house address, my workplace, my business name and any other transaction I did online.
Guys be careful.

Which of the sites?
Re: Be Careful Online by dingbang(m): 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
I googled a lady's phone number and found the same phone number on a profile on codedruns.com

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Didn’t Plagiarise Campaign Logo, Keyamo Insists / Atiku Reacts To The Death Of Men Of The 157 Task Force Battalion In Metele / Bad Road Threatens Completion Of N3.5bn Baro River Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.