Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? (700 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by ceah(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
I have been thinking lately.I want to have just 2 Kids but if i will have another child, maybe i will adopt.I am beginning to love the idea of adoption especially not from Nigeria but a foreign land.My girlfriend is white and we are thinking of marriage. I always love to go against the masses in almost everything and it brings controversy and sometimes lead people to think i am nut. One of these things that makes me an Enigma to people is the way i think and recently i have being thinking of Adoption after 2 kids.I am not thinking of adopting a Black child but thinking of White, Chinese, Indian or Hispanic. what do you think about Transracial adoption ? Please! be decent in your contribution no abuses cos of my choice.

Recently Sandra Bullock did so and it generated so much controversy in the usa.i dont care about controversy so far i am giving a good life and loving home to a child that needs it but the fact is that m choice is beyond the Nigerian bother line. Below are few well known world acclaimed superstar that follow my line:
[list]
[li]Sandra Bullock (White) - Loius (Black) [/li]
[li]Regina Bush (Black) - Stace Bush (White) [/li]
[li]Brad Pit and Angelina Jolie (White) - Zahara (Black ethopia) & Maddox (Cambodian)[/li]
[li]Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise (White) - Connor (Black) and Isabela (Hspanic) [/li]
[li] Mia Farrow (White) - Lark Song (Japanese)[/li]
[li] Madonna (White) - David Banda (Black from Malawi) [/li]
[li] Michelle Pfeiffer (White) - Claudia Rose (Mixed, Black) [/li]
[li] Steven Spielberg (White) - Theo (Black) [/li]
[li] Lionel Richie (Black) - Nicole Richie (White) [/li]
[/list]

You can read the controversy concerning Regina and Stacey Bush especially. i think a good home for the child id the most important. Now i am not doing it in America but in Nigeria: it's a two case thing: Adopting a Child outside Nigerian shore and Transracial adoption. Please! Contribute with discipline and no abuse.
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by Blueice4re(f): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2010
The choice is yours.
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by ceah(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Blueice4real, Thanx, but what's your personal view ?
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by Travelista(f): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
OP, be real. Are you adopting across color lines because you can actually offer a child a good home or are you doing this for shock value? To me, it sounds like you're doing this for shock value and on that notion alone, you don't need (let alone, deserve) to have children. I can't stand people like you: you're more concerned with what people think rather than what you can do; if you can offer a child a loving home, then by all means do so and do it without fanfare.

When you get married, get back to us. Many of countries don't perform adoption with unmarried couples for one. Two, how many non-Black countries are going to be open about sending a baby to Nigeria? Have you really thought this through or are you just being extra?
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by ceah(m): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Travelista, i am not doing it cos of shock value, i once saw a Chinese boy whom i love and wish i could adopt him. it's a personal thing. well! i have thought about all the things you said.it's just something i love to do, if you are doing something you have to consider the advantages and disadvantage and i have done that.i love to adopt a child cos i love to help someone that is not having a home but i have considered all the question you asking and that's why i am pushing it to the public.Nairaland is a place to get the public heat; i mean more than u will receive from the main public and i want to feel the heat now before acting.i told you my thought according to the society is bizarre and i dont plan to do things cos of people but cos i love to do it and love what i am doing.
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by luap: 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2010
I think it is good.

I would be cool if you adopt a white baby. Go see the movie,"The Jerk" with Steve Martin. He plays a white man who was adopted by a black family. It was not until he was older that his black father told him he is actually white.
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by Travelista(f): 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
ceah:

@Travelista, i am not doing it cos of shock value, i once saw a Chinese boy whom i love and wish i could adopt him. it's a personal thing. well! i have thought about all the things you said.it's just something i love to do, if you are doing something you have to consider the advantages and disadvantage and i have done that.i love to adopt a child cos i love to help someone that is not having a home but i have considered all the question you asking and that's why i am pushing it to the public.Nairaland is a place to get the public heat; i mean more than u will receive from the main public and i want to feel the heat now before acting.i told you my thought according to the society is bizarre and i dont plan to do things cos of people but cos i love to do it and love what i am doing.

If this is truly the case, we need more people like you that are willing to adopt a child regardless of race.
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by makajibbz(m): 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2010
it will be weird seeing an african kid behaving like an american. lol tongue
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by ceah(m): 9:35am On Jul 27, 2010
@Luap, Thanks, I wish i cold la my hands on the movie.i would like to watch it. Thanks once again for our encouragement.
@Travelista, tough i lay low when it comes to commenting on Nairaland but i am very active in reading people's opinion and i think you are a very realistic person cos i have seen quite a number of comment from you and they are all realistic and straight to the point.Thanks for your compliment after seeing my real intention.i know i am still going to get heat from Nairalander but i await it. when i act, i will let you know.
@Makajibbz, No it will be weird seeing a Chinese, Japanese or Caucasian Kid behaving like an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa boy, lol, Thanks for our contribution anyway.
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by sjam(f): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2010
What does your girlfriend say about it? Personally, I think you are going for the shock factor. There are too many children in Nigeria who desperately need a loving home. If you believe you have what it takes to be a good parent and can offer a child a home why the need to leave your own shores? Is it so that you can be different? Think about the child and the problems they may face being in a country where they may not blend before trying to gain attention to boost your ego! You sound kind of immature!
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by ceah(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2010
@sjam, You have freedom of speech but you dont have what it take to see inside of me to know what my intentions are, i might claim it's an ego thing and might also claim it's not but you still wont be able to determine what is on my mind cos it's inside of me, but believe it or not it's not a shock factor, and as for my gf, she was there when i started picking interest in this Transracial adoption thing when i saw the Chinese boy i spoke about, she understands and see reason with me, and for your information you reside in Poland, so i dont think you know much about Nigeria.with good money you can live a better life more than most part of the world in Nigeria.A child raised in the usa in the heart of queens is worst than the one raised in ajegunle lagos.
Re: Transracial Adoptions: What's Your Take On It ? by sjam(f): 1:57am On Jul 31, 2010
and for your information you reside in Poland, so i dont think you know much about Nigeria.

Ceah. Do you not see how silly that sounds? Because I am living in Poland doesnt mean I am Polish. People have jobs that take them anywhere in the globe. Have you heard of ex pats?!!!For a man who wants a non Nigerian child to adopt I would have thought you would have a bit more 'depth'. In all honesty, if you do go ahead with this, I doubt you would even pass the interview stage as it is evident that you are not doing this for the right reasons. Thank God for screening. Unless you are very rich then I suppose you can buy what ever you want.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me / Your Experiences & Mature Advise Is Required Pls / Criteria For Choosing A God-parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.