Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari (2074 Views)

Dino Melaye Reacts To His Defeat At Kogi Rerun, Reveals Next Line Of Action / See How Saraki Was Received As He Arrives Iiorin Despite His Defeat(photos) / Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by 12Ebisco: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Former Nigeria president, Goodluck Joanthan has claimed that former Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who defected to the then opposition All Progressive Congress (APC), because they were “blinded by ambition” and a barrage of “fake news”, cost him his bid to be re-elected for a second term in office.

Jonathan made the claim in a book about his tenure in office titled: “My Transition Hours” which was launched on Tuesday.

The ex-president lost the election to incumbent president Muhammadu Buhari, with just over 2.5 million votes.

He also blamed northern leaders who wanted power returned to their region for sabotaging his reelection bid.

“This time around, there were governors who were rounding off their eight years tenure and were blinded by ambition.

“Some governors wanted to be Vice President whilst others strived to be the President. If I contested none could realise his ambition. This muffled implosion would fully manifest in the buildup to the 2015, which each ship-jumper calculating how much he or she would take from the PDP or the most opportune moment to cause maximum damage and based on that, plot their exit.

“As they jumped ship in preparation for the 2015 elections, only very few of this lots, if any at all, bothered about what the PDP did or did not do in terms of delivering our campaign promises. Their opposition to my re-election was principally driven by personal ambition. They therefore played up the issue of where I come from and the faith, I professed to fuel their burning ambition. My performance mattered quite little, if it mattered at all,” Jonathan wrote.

http://www.ebiscoo.com/78/jonathan-reveals-governors-who-caused-his-defeat-to-buhari#144

Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by EmirAbj: 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2018
As We Did As Good Nigerians By Sending You Back To Otuoke So Shall We Do Again By Sending Buhari/Jubril Back To Daura/Sudan...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by SEGLIZ: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
......... in the case of the norther leaders you only played a fool trusting them.
never blame those governors for being ambitious, every man reserve the right for life pursuit.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by Nwibii: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2018
U are a good man, only that u refuse to sign UNEP report for Ogonis claiming Ken Sara Wiwa never gave u scholarship.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
They therefore played up the issue of where I come from and the faith, I professed to fuel their burning ambition. My performance mattered quite little, if it mattered at all,” Jonathan wrote.

Live Long Sir. Your enemies go die b4 you.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by newproject(m): 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by lastmanstandn(m): 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2018
2015 was never about Nigeria to the defectors (FACT)

But please don't take away the fact that you were so inept that anyone (Salisu the fisherman from Kogi) could have replaced you as President and would not have performed any worse. You had a kleptocratic government with RAGTAG army that could have gotten ran over by the Chadian forces. You had a VP who was the poster boy for the deaf and the dumb cus he never talks. You were going down so fast that nothing was going to control the slope, not even voters fraud and suppression in states elections prior to the 2015 Presidential election.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by StillX10(m): 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2018
You are simply a true democrat
Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2018
Man of the people

God bless you sir .
Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by Almaiga: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Eyah, the thing really PAINED GEJ. He had every opportunity to write his name in Gold, but he surrounded himself with thieves. Who teamed up with him and looted this Country dry.

Na Jubril a.k.a Buhari dey reign now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by blacknp(m): 11:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
EmirAbj:
As We Did As Good Nigerians By Sending You Back To Otuoke So Shall We Do Again By Sending Buhari/Jubril Back To Daura/Sudan...
Empty Barrel with what,voters card you no get,or you think there is a special type of tree leaf that you would pluck and use to vote?
Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by EmirAbj: 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2018
blacknp:
Empty Barrel with what,voters card you no get,or you think there is a special type of tree leaf that you would pluck and use to vote?

I have bin voting before you were born... And I will continue voting till Nigeria is great, Or you wanna see my PVC
Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by CityNGR: 4:04am On Nov 21, 2018
Almaiga:
Eyah, the thing really PAINED GEJ. He had every opportunity to write his name in Gold, but he surrounded himself with thieves. Who teamed up with him and looted this Country dry.

Na Jubril a.k.a Buhari dey reign now.
Hehehe... GEJ's name is written not only in gold...but in the best parts of African history not just Nigerian history.
Re: Jonathan Reveals Governors Who Caused His Defeat To Buhari by Purplekush(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2018
grin GEJ has always been spineless. And that was why we voted for the Vegetable in power.

I thought he grew some balls over the years but then I'm wrong again.

(1) (Reply)

Sudden Heartbreak For Kwankwasiyya Supporters In Kano / Foul Smell Around Rivers State Secretariat (pictures) / Maybe You'll Stop Attacking Sanusi Lamido After Reading This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.