Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,228 members, 7,860,450 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej (646 Views)

How Malami Rebuffed UK High Commissioner Over Kanu’s Arrest / Mbaka Asked Buhari For Contracts, Was Rebuffed, There Are Pictures - Garba Shehu / Florence Ajimobi Rebuffed Governor Makinde’s Offer For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by KenOne: 6:49am On Nov 21, 2018
Jonathan said he rebuffed the advice by the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, who was a compere at the book launch; and his Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Warpamowei Dudafa.

He writes: “They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussions. I hugged my thought, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room.

I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood.

On how and why he called to concede victory to Buhari, he wrote: “More results flowed in and I could not wait anymore. The announcement of the final result could take issues out of all our hands. It was time for me to take action and bring peace to the nation. I felt I was destined by God at that point in time to inject the peace serum and douse the palpable tension in the country.

2 Likes

Re: How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by Cutefergieee: 6:51am On Nov 21, 2018
Ok
Re: How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by Mace0lane: 7:01am On Nov 21, 2018
You 4 don know how far now if you had done that.
Re: How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by overall90: 7:15am On Nov 21, 2018
Did Jonathan actually actually say that?
please post with link
Re: How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by speedyGonzales: 7:23am On Nov 21, 2018
this is obviously a lie.

were the sauce!!!
Re: How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by bedspread: 7:24am On Nov 21, 2018
KenOne:
Jonathan said he rebuffed the advice by the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, who was a compere at the book launch; and his Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Warpamowei Dudafa.

He writes: “They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussions. I hugged my thought, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room.

I walked into my study. Even there, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood.

On how and why he called to concede victory to Buhari, he wrote: “More results flowed in and I could not wait anymore. The announcement of the final result could take issues out of all our hands. It was time for me to take action and bring peace to the nation. I felt I was destined by God at that point in time to inject the peace serum and douse the palpable tension in the country.

FAKE NEWS ALERT!
Lalastical take note
Re: How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by ikaboy: 7:25am On Nov 21, 2018
So Ngozi follow too?? Her own book says otherwise oo
Re: How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by netpro(m): 7:26am On Nov 21, 2018
Jonathan's only achievement was stepping down after he was kicked out. I believe it is largely the reason why Buhari has refused to go after him despite all the looting he supervised.
Re: How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by yarimo(m): 9:45am On Nov 21, 2018
GOODLUCK jonathan you did the right thing by calling BUHARI to congratulate him as president elect , nigerians are ready to go inside ASO- ROCK and beat you up if you decide to change the game.
Re: How I Rebuffed Okonjo Iweala,osita Chidoka,bello Adoke To Hang On To Power-Gej by yerokunphilips: 10:14am On Nov 21, 2018
I respect you for this

(1) (Reply)

Stop Carrying Arms, Ekiti Govt. Warns Herdsmen / HURIWA Gives INEC 48 Hours To Repeal New Appointment For Buhari’s Niece, Amina Z / Fayose May Soon Sue Dino For This...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.