Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers (7923 Views)

I Have Just Been Scammed By A Fake Bitcoin Escrow / Lists Of Scammers On Telegram / Scammers Are Using Dooshima Dennis, Pretty Female Firefighter's Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by staggerman(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
This happened 2 months ago.

I was added by an unknown contact to a telegram bitcoin escrow group for buying and selling bitcoin.

I requested to buy $440 bitcoin at the rate of N350/$

One of the members with username Josh (a scammer), accepted the offer.

The admin of the group sent his account details to be for payment. After I made payment, I did not receive the bitcoin as agreed....

The scammers removed me from the group and blocked me on telegram.

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by staggerman(m): 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
The admin called me with his number, urging me to make payment and convincing me that the group is genuine.

This is the number used by the admin of the scam group

I checked him on telegram before he blocked me

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by staggerman(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
After payment, they became rude and blocked me

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
Sorry for your loss. Scammers too must eat.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by frbona: 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
#154k?!
Is it just me or were you gullible

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by staggerman(m): 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
I tracked the scammer who claimed he wanted to sell the bitcoin to me.... I got his details and checked it out using my bank app and I traced him to facebook.

He runs a visa scam on Facebook

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by staggerman(m): 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
They removed me from the group and cloned my account (by changing their username to the same as mine), and made a post about how the deal was successful... In a bid to deceive others still in the group.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by staggerman(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
The admin of the group is the chief scammer.... I paid the money into his account with Gtbank

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Xisnin(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
Report to EFCC.
Any business related to crypto is likely a scam unless you are dealing with a legit company.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by donsola(m): 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
All you need do is to call the recipients bank customer care number and report the scam as soon as u realise it's a scam, they will hold the funds asap, and once you can prove that it was gotten from you illegitimately, they would reverse the transaction. Sequel to this, you obtain a warrant from the police to lock up the scammers account and block his BVN.

It's as easy as that, though you might not get your funds back.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by staggerman(m): 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2018
donsola:
All you need do is to call the recipients bank customer care number and report the scam as soon as u realise it's a scam, they will hold the funds asap, and once you can prove that it was gotten from you illegitimately, they would reverse the transaction. Sequel to this, you obtain a warrant from the police to lock up the scammers account and block his BVN.

It's as easy as that, though you might not get your funds back.

I called the bank immediately, but Gtbank refused to take any action.
I called them over 5 times.... They told me to go to the police first. I got to the police station and they asked me to pay 11k to get an order from court to send to the bank.

After much calls the bank sent me a form to fill and submit.
I did that and at that point they said the money had been moved out of the account and there's nothing they can do.

From experience Gtbank cannot assist you in cases of online fraud. Their e-fraud department is not active.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by staggerman(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
Xisnin:
Report to EFCC.
Any business related to crypto is likely a scam unless you are dealing with a legit company.

I made attempts but was told EFCC only deals with cases above N2m

1 Like

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by femijay8271(m): 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
e no go better for that scammer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Newboss(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Next time, use an independent escrow.

That's a format used by fraudsters on dark web years back, even till date tho. Dependent "escrow" is no escrow at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by omigiekiel: 10:04am On Jul 01, 2020
staggerman:
After payment, they became rude and blocked me

Hey I got involved in the same thing may 20th and I got my lost 200K back as at y'day 30th of June, I'm not here to ask you for any money I just wanna show u the steps it's easy to catch them you have all you need already, you're good to go, I sent you an email message already reply me I'd give u my WhatsApp number, so we can chat
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Chemicalboy1: 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
omigiekiel:

Hey I got involved in the same thing may 20th and I got my lost 200K back as at y'day 30th of June, I'm not here to ask you for any money I just wanna show u the steps it's easy to catch them you have all you need already, you're good to go, I sent you an email message already reply me I'd give u my WhatsApp number, so we can chat

Guy I lost 240k in may...I year savings,it was not easy mehn..
If u can hlp me too
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by hardeycute(m): 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
staggerman:
This happened 2 months ago.

I was added by an unknown contact to a telegram bitcoin escrow group for buying and selling bitcoin.

I requested to buy $440 bitcoin at the rate of N350/$

One of the members with username Josh (a scammer), accepted the offer.

The admin of the group sent his account details to be for payment. After I made payment, I did not receive the bitcoin as agreed....

The scammers removed me from the group and blocked me on telegram.
Were you able to recover your money?
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Jabioro: 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
The group creator,the recipient,the testified are all the same in the same room,You are the only outsider or the victim..

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Osasu99(m): 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
omigiekiel:

hello I lost money through this means today. How did you get your money back
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Olabode971(f): 1:11am On Aug 16, 2020
I said it sometimes ago, Don't panic sell your investment; and don't buy anything as well..

Scammers are on the loose...

Guide, keep, secure your precious investment... for your own good.

But still, This Op fall my hand.

Well, the deed has been done..

Worst is that Efcc or NPF will demand you pay them money before they will look into your case...

#154k don pefff be DAT sha... #Omg

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Dehito: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2020
omigiekiel:

Hmm
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Jaytecq(m): 8:53am On Jan 05, 2021
Face to Face transaction is the best!
please DO NOT deal on Telegram, whatsApp etc.
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Chiino(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2021
Hello, Good morning and Happy New Year.

In this write up I'll be tell you how to

1. Report a scammer or fraudster or ripper
2. How to watch out against scam
Let's get started.

The 2021 seems like a recovery year after the hardship of 2020, undoubtedly people will be doubling down on their efforts and hustles whether it's with business, trading or skill acquisition. Just then there's another group of people who will also be hustling more.... SCAMMERS and FRAUDSTERS.
With the 2nd wave of COVID-19 and the looming 2nd lockdown all over the world, people are going to turn over to internet businesses and remote transactions, remote jobs and everything in-between. Where do you come in? Just anywhere! You could decide to shop or Invest in something or anything else and more than ever before you need security for your money.
Now who are we and why do we care?

We're www.nairacheck.com an online fraud check directory. And it's our business to make sure that your transactions are verified and safe.

HOW TO REPORT A SCAM
1. Go to www.nairacheck.com
2. Click on the "view fraud list" button
3. Search by name or account number or account name or phone number or location or social media handle
4. Because of the increasing additions, if the name does not already exist on the database, Click on the "Contribute" button
5. Fill in the details and submit [ www.nairacheck.com will never give out your identity to a third party]

HOW TO CHECK FOR FRAUD
1. Go to www.nairacheck.com
2. Click on the "view fraud list" button
3. Search by name or account number or account name or phone number or location or social media handle
4. Returned results shows that the name is on the fraud list
5. Searching is not enough....RUN!

Visit www.nairacheck.com today before that transaction

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by sleekier(m): 5:29am On Feb 24, 2021
How I wish u had seen this earlier.

I just got scammed by Nigerian Crypto Expect on telegram who has over 25000 non genuine members.

I ve been d member for months.
The admin of the group is d Escrow who request for additional #200 on each transaction. Those transactions were going on multiple time, not knowing that its all scam.

I was told to send #10,200 for d Bitcoin.

I sent it to this account First Bank 3167683251 Musa Danjuma (scam).

Immediately I sent it, they started telling me to buy their remaining Bitcoin at a cheaper rate, that was when I started seeing their foul play.

I told d Admin to refund me but he immediately blocked me.

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Revolva(m): 8:17am On Feb 24, 2021
You guys are funny so you wanna buy crypto instead of going to legit exchangers online....instantgold naira4dollar and d rest of them whom are registered business in Nigeria with offices

you went to join all these groups..and you expect not to be scammed
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:19am On Feb 24, 2021
I don't do any online transactions,even ordering things online ,I don't do it.cos I no get money to dash person
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by KOJ15: 8:01am On Apr 14, 2021
This actually saved me from losing 150k. I just decided to carry out a check before making the transfer. Exactly the same name and bank. Stay vigilant guys. Many thanks
sleekier:
How I wish u had seen this earlier.

I just got scammed by Nigerian Crypto Expect on telegram who has over 25000 non genuine members.

I ve been d member for months.
The admin of the group is d Escrow who request for additional #200 on each transaction. Those transactions were going on multiple time, not knowing that its all scam.

I was told to send #10,200 for d Bitcoin.

I sent it to this account First Bank 3167683251 Musa Danjuma (scam).

Immediately I sent it, they started telling me to buy their remaining Bitcoin at a cheaper rate, that was when I started seeing their foul play.

I told d Admin to refund me but he immediately blocked me.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Ololadey1: 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
This just happened to me too,I really wish I had made research before jumping into it.
Some scenario,God
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by Boogyman557: 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool SO SORRY MAN. WTF MAN
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by PureStarman: 10:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
Sorry.
Telegrammers on Nairaland should mass report the app
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by SATANlST: 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
them full telegram. is that the bastards real pic? lets make him popular
Re: How I Was Lost N154,000 To Telegram Bitcoin Escrow Group Scammers by JoyousFurnitire(m): 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
I think the mods should push this to FP

Lalasticlala undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Armed Robbers Did To Girls Who Were Not Wearing Pants / Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. / Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.