Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 (10717 Views)

Photos: Checkout The Top 10 Heaviest And Fattest People Ever Lived. / Meet Britain Fattest Woman Rescued With 2 Cranes,7 Police Vehicles / 'diet Or Die,' World’s Fattest Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by oyinda3(f): 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2010
chiogo:

It usually starts when they're kids and nobody pays attention thinking it's normal for kids to have a little excess weight. Kid or not, you shouldn't be obese. The parents need to pay attention to her weight now before it gets to the point of no return.
He coulda done something. I'm pretty sure she did not blow up overnight. Took 20 years for her to get this big. He coulda done something when he started noticing the excess fat. He probably works out himself, he coulda motivated her to do the same. They could do it together. Well, that's what I believe spouses should do for one another. Sticking with them is not enough.

i don't think it took her 20 yrs to get that big. she must have gained majority of her weight over a short period of troubled time. as she said, she blew up after she gave birth due to post natal depression. this was d critical time she should have been getting help.

yea d husband could have helped too. but who knows, he probably tried or didn't know how to help. i mean, he couldn't lock her in d room and ban her from eating lol

I totally agree with u on the parents teaching their kids to eat right. even parents themselves should be educated on good dietary habits.
ex. more fruits and veggies that is more satiating. as opposed to rice, bread , chicken etc that will only leave you wanting more etc and create a never ending cycle.
money is also a big part. healthy eating is a bit expensive. lol
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by oyinda3(f): 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

That's Britains' fattest women?

No wonder they look down on USA. That's USA's regular women.

lmao! reminds me of those high school jokes

Roftlmao grin grin grin
actually when i saw the topic, i was wondering what the US fattest woman looks like
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 11:51pm On Jul 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Rotfl!!! grin grin
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
What about the woman that is being paid over the net to eat her life out?
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Acidosis(m): 12:01am On Jul 27, 2010
Ladies' thread.
I clicked a wrong icon
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by chiogo(f): 12:04am On Jul 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Hey, speak for yourself.  tongue

oyinda.:

yea d husband could have helped too. but who knows, he probably tried or didn't know how to help. i mean, he couldn't lock her in d room and ban her from eating lol
Missy B:

Ma point is - Unless she was willing to be helped, NO ONE could have helped her.
How are we sure he didn't try to help her?
Studies show that oyinbo women tend to have low self-esteem concerning their body more than other races especially their Black counterparts. She obviously had some problems which led her to be depressed and eat a lot to escape this(they usually do). Her husband let her get away with it by probably making her feel it was okay to gain so much weight. If he made comments(doesn't have to be disrespectful but that's usually more effective  grin) that show that he doesn't find her new size attractive, she might have been a tad bit more bothered.

I bet he was still sleeping with her.  lipsrsealed This altogether boosts her esteem. And the whole excuse of her having an addiction is useless because she actually didn't have access to the junk food while in the hospital. THEY brought it to her. She probably wouldn't have died of the "addiction" if they didn't sneak in the food, she was in a hospital and undergoing care to alleviate her problem.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 27, 2010
chiogo:

Hey, speak for yourself.  tongue
Studies show that oyinbo women tend to have low self-esteem concerning their body more than other races especially their Black counterparts. She obviously had some problems which led her to be depressed and eat a lot to escape this(they usually do). Her husband let her get away with it by probably making her feel it was okay to gain so much weight. If he made comments(doesn't have to be disrespectful but that's usually more effective  grin) that show that he doesn't find her new size attractive, she might have been a tad bit more bothered.

I bet he was still sleeping with her.  lipsrsealed This altogether boosts her esteem. And the whole excuse of her having an addiction is useless because she actually didn't have access to the junk food while in the hospital. THEY brought it to her. She probably wouldn't have died of the "addiction" if they didn't sneak in the food, she was in a hospital and undergoing care to alleviate her problem.

Let me hug you jare.

But please be gentle or you might break me.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by chiogo(f): 12:07am On Jul 27, 2010
michelin89:

Let me hug you jare.

But please be gentle or you might break me.
**hugs her with care** But I'm skinnier than you. embarassed Ask Oyinda.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 27, 2010
chiogo:

**hugs her with care** But I'm skinnier than you. embarassed Ask Oyinda.

You know what, a five will be better, without the contact.

Can't afford to lose my fingers. grin grin
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by chiogo(f): 12:13am On Jul 27, 2010
LMFAO! grin grin embarassed
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by eldee(m): 12:15am On Jul 27, 2010
It's not like I'm fatophobic or sumn, but women this fat have enough problems already.
She was probably tired of living on a bed and being a circus freak that she decided to live her normal life.
She died happy, like she wanted to, eating.

This is what I always tell guys that go after fat chics, apart from the fact that it's disastrous for your reputation, you're also encouraging women to get unhealthy.
Because you'll get guilted into feeding them with chicken and chips when they get stuck in sickbeds.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 27, 2010
eldee:

It's not like I'm fatophobic or sumn, but women this fat have enough problems already.
She was probably tired of living on a bed and being a circus freak that she decided to live her normal life.

This is what I always tell guys that go after fat chics, apart from the fact that it's disastrous for your reputation, you're also encouraging women to get unhealthy.
Because you'll get guilted into feeding them with chicken and chips when they get stuck in sickbeds.

Which kind reputation?
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 12:20am On Jul 27, 2010
chiogo:

She probably wouldn't have died of the "addiction" if they didn't sneak in the food, she was in a hospital and undergoing care to alleviate her problem.
!
!
!
Missy B:

No! She didn't help herself at all. [b]Those who smuggled the food in, contributed to her death.[/b]How difficult is it to obey certain instructions - Esp. when there are for Your good?

chiogo:

I bet he was still sleeping with her.  lipsrsealed This altogether boosts her esteem.
How does sleeping with her contribute to her health problem? She's his wife!!!
Are you saying he should have abandoned her completely in order to ''help'' her?

chiogo:

Her husband let her get away with it by probably making her feel it was okay to gain so much weight. If he made comments(doesn't have to be disrespectful but that's usually more effective  grin) that show that he doesn't find her new size attractive, she might have been a tad bit more bothered.
I still say - We cannot be sure the husband didn't make attempts to render efficacious help.
If she wasn't willing to be helped, no one could have helped her.
I put the blame on 2 people -  herself and whoever smuggled the Food in.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by eldee(m): 12:21am On Jul 27, 2010
michelin89:

Which kind reputation?

Come on . . . you don't live n the UK, you won't understand.
Over here, most stores only sell jeans with Max size of 38" and those are extremes.
Fat usually equals underclass inner-city dwellers over here.

Rolling with a fat chic is just wrong, it's engraved in British guy-code. cheesy cheesy
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 27, 2010
eldee:

Come on . . . you don't live n the UK, you won't understand.
Over here, most stores only sell jeans with Max size of 38" and those are extremes.
Fat usually equals underclass inner-city dwellers over here.

Rolling with a fat chic is just wrong, it's engraved in British guy-code. cheesy cheesy

Mscheeeeeeeew! tongue
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by eldee(m): 12:24am On Jul 27, 2010
Missy B:

!How does sleeping with her contribute to her health problem? She's his wife!!!
Are you saying he should have abandoned her completely in order to ''help'' her?

Yes . . . no more sex till she dropped 30 pounds grin grin

michelin89:

Mscheeeeeeeew! tongue

Now you dun know. grin grin
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by mamagee3(f): 12:28am On Jul 27, 2010
I didn't know there are fat people in britain.

Anyway, may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 27, 2010
mama-gee:

There are fat women everywhere.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by chiogo(f): 12:30am On Jul 27, 2010
Missy B:

!
!
!How does sleeping with her contribute to her health problem? She's his wife!!!
I still say - We cannot be sure the husband didn't make attempts to render efficacious help.
If she wasn't willing to be helped, no one could have helped her.
I put the blame on 2 people -  herself and whoever smuggled the Food in.

It wasn't about blame, I was just curious as to how her husband reacted to her rapid weight gain. I wasn't blaming her alone. In that case, I blame her, her husband, and the people who smuggled in the food.

eldee:

Yessssssssss!!!  grin

Seriously, people like this need to be given ultimatums.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 12:31am On Jul 27, 2010
eldee:

That would have killed her before the Chicken and chips.  grin
Fat people need Love and sex too.  wink

mama-gee:

Mama-Gee strikes again!   grin
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 27, 2010
How did the man manage to find the entrance?
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 12:34am On Jul 27, 2010
michelin89:

How did the man manage to find the entrance?
You nor serious o. grin grin grin
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 27, 2010
And didn't he get lost between those folds? lipsrsealed

Too many questions that will never find answers.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by mamagee3(f): 12:37am On Jul 27, 2010
Missy B:

Mama-Gee strikes again!   grin
Just my opinion. wink
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by eldee(m): 12:40am On Jul 27, 2010
mama-gee:

Being fat in the UK is almost regarded as a disability.
Our obsession with being healthy is getting stronger, there's a law that even regulates how near a fastfood shop can be to a school.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1285939/Judge-declares-fast-food-takeaway-near-school-unlawful.html

Missy B:

That would have killed her before the Chicken and chips.  grin
Fat people need Love and sex too.  wink
Fat people need to be healthy too . . . chicken doesn't help.

If she really wanted it, she'd have to stop eating.
It's punishment on the poor guy, he couldn't leave.

He would have been the guy that left a woman just because she got fat. cheesy
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by MissyB1(m): 12:53am On Jul 27, 2010
eldee:

It's punishment on the poor guy, he couldn't leave.

He would have been the guy that left a woman just because she got fat. cheesy
Eldee,
Do not even try to present the man as the victim.
I'D like to think he stuck with her because he Loves her and wanted to maintain the
''For better, for worse'' promise.  tongue
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by vescucci(m): 1:13am On Jul 27, 2010
If there's anything I know now, it's that people can gain weight as rapidly as a snowball. But wtf?!
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by oyinda3(f): 2:31am On Jul 27, 2010

ok this was funny. grin
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by mamagee3(f): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2010
michelin89:

There are fat women everywhere.
Well, I wasn't expecting to see a woman this fat in europe.

I though the europeans are the most economical disciplined people in the world.
Re: Britain's Fattest Woman Dies - 25/07/10 by eldee(m): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2010
Missy B:

Eldee,
Do not even try to present the man as the victim.
I'D like to think he stuck with her because he Loves her and wanted to maintain the
''For better, for worse'' promise.  tongue

Yes nah . . . but it was a mistake, he married Gen and ended up with Eucheria. grin grin
That's torture man . . . he would have become the bad guy if he left.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidney Donor Wanted Urgently / WHO Declares Nigeria Polio-free / My Troubling Health Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.