Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? (2420 Views)

Father Sends His US-born Teen Sons To Nigeria To Learn Gratitude / How Much Of A Parent Can You Be: Cute Photos / What Is The Greatest Gift A Parent Can Give A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by ritaNL: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2010
Hmmmmm. . .the whole matta sef tire me jare, na only God go help parent cos wen you tell this pikin to do, dem go ova do, tell dem not to do and dem go still do. I'm just scared jare but I rest my case .
Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2010
chaircover:

If I had a 100% choice in the matter then capital NO

so do i but we all know that life/reality doesnt work like/ that.

tpiah:

um, overseas there's something called "first base", "second base", etc for different levels of heavy petting.

nobody is his brother's keeper in a movie theatre.

what better place for a boy and girl to get their freak on than during Hot films.

if they go as part of a trustworthy group then that's different.

as a teen, had i made the mistake of always being in compromising situations with Hot boys, who knows what might have happened. Anyway, i was a bookworm with no social party life to speak of and exams to study for, no so fear.

besides, i had some enemies of progress practically placing bets on when one of us in the house would carry belle.

unless these people are at the back of a near empty theater then there is no way they can have s e x in a movie theater while no one notices them.
as for first/second base etc this could well happen right in your home when mama is in the kitchen!

as a teen in this situation, you would have done what was right for you to do at the time. if having s e x in front of everybody was right to you then yes you would have probably done it. . . . . . .just as much as you would have done it at home while parents were away or in the school toilet.
Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by tpiah: 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

unless these people are at the back of a near empty theater then there is no way they can have s e x in a movie theater while no one notices them.

heavy petting, s.ex, potato, potahtoe undecided

as for first/second base etc this could well happen right in your home when mama is in the kitchen!

lailai.

even mere seeing my grandma around gave one of my male friends the shivers as if he had guilty conscience. No be even boyfriend o.

how much more myself. Find out what they call serubawon.

as a teen in this situation, you would have done what was right for you to do at the time. if having s e x in front of everybody was right to you then yes you would have probably done it. . . . . . .just as much as you would have done it at home while parents were away or in the school toilet.

i dont think so. undecided

anyway, i just dont think i should be telling impressionable young people to start opening their legs anyhow i expect them to go and have s.ex, that's all.

I'll leave that to others who are less inhibited, and how you raise your child goes a long way in how he/she responds.
Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^^^^ lol!!!!! but really, if a child is brazen enough to have s e x in a  movie theater then getting freaky at home when family is away would be a walk in the park.

remember, prevention doesnt mean authorization or expectation but more like telling your child that:"if you ever lose your mind and decide to discard all the values/advices/talks i gave you about the subject, and choose to do something THAT crazy, then at least protect yourself the right way."

i'd rather have a teenage daughter having safe s e x than a teenage daughter pregnant or HIV+. . . . . . . . . . . and yes,we would all prefer to have a teenage daughters virgin till the day they get married!
Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by tpiah: 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^ not trying to argue this point, but telling your child some things is like rubber stamping certain decisions they make as a result of it.

eg "advising" them to practice safe sex is like giving them the green light to have intimacy. I know some parents do this to prevent unexpected pregnancies, stds and abortions, but imparting values to your kids is likewise important, unless you have none. (not referring to you in particular).

you cant prevent someone from having s.ex if they're determined to do so, and neither do i know if it's possible for most girls to remain virgins for long,  but no be from my mouth an underaged person go hear the words " is your latest flame/boyfriend/bootycall good in bed".

God forbid bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndCTp5z5TyY
Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^^^^there is no argument here, just a sharing of opinions on a subject.

as for me, after "preparing/molding/brainwashing" my child the best i can, i would trust their judgment from the time they reach 16yrs old (although i would still monitor them from afar)

tpiah:

but telling your child some things is like rubber stamping certain decisions they make as a result of it.

probably but not "saying anything on the subject" (while they have s e x education in school) or "telling them that you will kill them if they do" isnt the way to go either.

eg "advising" them to practice safe sex is like giving them the green light to have intimacy. I know some parents do this to prevent unexpected pregnancies, stds and abortions, but imparting values to your kids is likewise important, unless you have none. (not referring to you in particular).

this is exactly what i have been saying all along:"if you instill the proper values unto your kids then you shouldnt worry about what they may do in these circumstances but instead trust their judgment."

you cant prevent someone from having s.ex if they're determined to do so, and neither do i know if it's possible for most girls to remain virgins for long,

if you believe the above statement then educating them on the subject wont influence anything that they have decided to do or not.

but no be from my mouth an underaged person go hear the words " is your latest flame/boyfriend/bootycall good in bed".

not from my mouth neither.
Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by Mzdivacious(f): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
davidif:
My kids are not dating till they are 21 period.
im 19 and in my fourth year in the university.why the hell will u tell me i cant date till im 21 and prolly serving,u wan ruin my life
Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by Rukkydelta(f): 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
No
Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by Rukkydelta(f): 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mzdivacious:
im 19 and in my fourth year in the university.why the hell will u tell me i cant date till im 21 and prolly serving,u wan ruin my life
young lady please take it easy no one is trying to ruin your life
Re: As A Parent, Can Your Teen Date? by Mzdivacious(f): 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
Rukkydelta:
young lady please take it easy no one is trying to ruin your life
where s ur sense of humor grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The End Of Marriages. / Women And Domestic Violence / Spanking A Child: Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.