Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo (54470 Views)

Suspension Of Twitter: SERAP To Sue Buhari's Government / PDP Reps To Sue Buhari, Keyamo Over 774,000 Jobs / Fasoranti, Clarke, Nwodo, 13 Others Sue Buhari Over Lopsided Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Tobest150(m): 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Nnemuka(f): 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2018
Bwahahahahahahhaah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is a big shame on APC
Tueh

2 Likes

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Phred1717: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
NextLevel stolen, I belong to nobody I belong to everybody also stolen. Our rights and privilege stolen as citizen. What is good with this government to be proud of. Primodia sentiment is the order of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by eneyoduke(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
Jibrin must go!!!!!!!!!
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by RandomVic(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
Can anything good ever come out of APC?

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by SEGLIZ: 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
emeijeh:
Serves the devilish party right...... Everything Buhari touches turns to gold goat .

do mean G O A T

G -- GREATEST

O -- OF

A -- ALL

T -- TIME.
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Focusmind: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2018
I don't know why Rex Institute is threatening the president and APC. Was the logo patented, registered and copyrighted? If not, anybody could come up with something like that or even use the same logo. It is only when you register a logo or copyright it that you claim infringement if used by someone else.

That is why you see some names, logos or brand with these signs " ™®©", showing that it is exclusive and have been registered and should not be used by anybody without express approval from the original owner.

If I call somebody to design a business logo that I am using today and someone decides to use the same logo tomorrow, the law does not stop him from using the same logo. If you are using a logo that is not registered or patented, you cant claim exclusive right in the court of law for that logo.

2 Likes

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Enemyofpeace: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2018
Buhari you see your life?
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Mike008(m): 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
So na ordinary Logo de make these ones panic. Una never see anything.

Go and waste your time and resources in court, the only benefit you'll gain is the courts education on what plagiarism is.
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Ojiofor: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
From fake CHANGE to fake LEVEL. grin

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
A P C Na Fvck Party Tey Tey..Cow Man Must Be Booted Out By Any Means Necessary.
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by israelmao(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
Plagiarism is only good and right if you borrow ideas from many sources to cover it up,it is not outrightly bad in a real sense.
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by jconsulting(f): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
I trust Reno Omokri...na im be behind this
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by emeijeh(m): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
SEGLIZ:

do mean G O A T

G -- GREATEST

O -- OF

A -- ALL

T -- TIME.

If I meant that, I will write it in capital letters.
I meant Ewu
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by FarahAideed: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
deomelo:

Since the logo in question is not the official APC logo, you just described yourself.

Keep fooling yourself..Buharis Twitter handle itself Tweeted the said logo and it was there for more than 24 hours before it was taken down

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
Tobest150:
How exactly would Nigeria be in the next 4yrs under the current government?
It Will Be Hellish..Anti Christ Better Pass Dis Demonic A$s Hole Cow Man Government

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
PenileFitness:
So, they couldn't pay a graphic designer little change to design a logo?

#CheckMyProfile
one idiot have collected the money budgeted for the logo na. all he need to do is check Google and eat his money. the unconscious man at asorock no know a and b

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Wtfork: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
Thief's

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by ATMCARD2(m): 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
ochejoseph:
President Muhammadu Buhari and his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), have been asked to within seven days desist from using Next Level logo allegedly stolen from Rex Institute.

The order was handed to President Buhari and his ruling APC party, by Rex Institute, whose logo was allegedly stolen.
Supporters of Buhari had unveiled Next Level as the campaign logo and slogan for his re-election campaign on Sunday.
Soon after the unveiling of the logo at the launch of Buhari 2019 campaign, a former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri, had accused the President and his campaign organization of plagiarising the logo of a thesis authored by Kelly Costner, an Associate Professor of Winthrop University in South Carolina, USA.

Responding through a letter dated November 19, 2018 and addressed to the National Legal Adviser at 40 Blantyre Cres. Wuse 2 Abuja Nigeria, the institute vowed to drag Nigeria President and his party to court should they not respond to their order.

“Dear Sir Without prejudice, it has come to our attention that the All Progressives Congress Party of Nigeria has stolen the intellectual property right of our client, The Rex Institute.

“As you can see from the attached visuals, the logo your Party has just unveiled and which is being promoted by the Leader of the Party and the President of Nigeria on his Twitter feed is a direct copy of that of our client, with just a small colour change in the arrow.
“However, every other element from the name, font and design is identical. In fact, in my entire legal career, I have never seen such a blatant piece of plagiarism.

“We, therefore, demand that you immediately cease and desist in any use of the logo and make every effort to recall and destroy all materials which have already been disseminated.

“Failure to do so within 7 days will leave our client with no other option but to seek full legal redress via the Nigerian Courts. I look forward to your immediate reply. Yours faithfully Sue Lavache Attorney at Law,” the letter read.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/11/22/next-level-rex-institute-breaks-silence-threatens-drag-apc-court-alleged-stolen-logo/amp/
ATIKU or nothing... we are giving him 14 Million votes at MAFFSAAP.Join us on Facebook.

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by DaRuud(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2018
Nairaland logo look like Nigeria currency ,
CBN take note

ochejoseph:
President Muhammadu Buhari and his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), have been asked to within seven days desist from using Next Level logo allegedly stolen from Rex Institute.

The order was handed to President Buhari and his ruling APC party, by Rex Institute, whose logo was allegedly stolen.
Supporters of Buhari had unveiled Next Level as the campaign logo and slogan for his re-election campaign on Sunday.
Soon after the unveiling of the logo at the launch of Buhari 2019 campaign, a former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri, had accused the President and his campaign organization of plagiarising the logo of a thesis authored by Kelly Costner, an Associate Professor of Winthrop University in South Carolina, USA.

Responding through a letter dated November 19, 2018 and addressed to the National Legal Adviser at 40 Blantyre Cres. Wuse 2 Abuja Nigeria, the institute vowed to drag Nigeria President and his party to court should they not respond to their order.

“Dear Sir Without prejudice, it has come to our attention that the All Progressives Congress Party of Nigeria has stolen the intellectual property right of our client, The Rex Institute.

“As you can see from the attached visuals, the logo your Party has just unveiled and which is being promoted by the Leader of the Party and the President of Nigeria on his Twitter feed is a direct copy of that of our client, with just a small colour change in the arrow.
“However, every other element from the name, font and design is identical. In fact, in my entire legal career, I have never seen such a blatant piece of plagiarism.

“We, therefore, demand that you immediately cease and desist in any use of the logo and make every effort to recall and destroy all materials which have already been disseminated.

“Failure to do so within 7 days will leave our client with no other option but to seek full legal redress via the Nigerian Courts. I look forward to your immediate reply. Yours faithfully Sue Lavache Attorney at Law,” the letter read.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/11/22/next-level-rex-institute-breaks-silence-threatens-drag-apc-court-alleged-stolen-logo/amp/
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by balanceofterror1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
Wheezdwisdom:
PDP should just focus on their campaign and leave propaganda alone..the APC logo is different from that of Rex institute.
Focusmind:
I don't know why Rex Institute is threatening the president and APC. Was the logo patented, registered and copyrighted? If not, anybody could come up with something like that or even use the same logo. It is only when you register a logo or copyright it that you claim infringement if used by someone else.

That is why you see some names, logos or brand with these signs " ™®©", showing that it is exclusive and have been registered and should not be used by anybody without express approval from the original owner.

If I call somebody to design a business logo that I am using today and someone decides to use the same logo tomorrow, the law does not stop him from using the same logo. If you are using a logo that is not registered or patented, you cant claim exclusive right in the court of law for that logo.
deomelo post Buhari-next-level-document.jpg[/img]

^^^^^^^^ Official APC Next level logo.

If this is not the usual and typical ipob fake news rubbish, they are suing the wrong people so their threat is dead on arrival.

Nice try sha..

#SAINEXTLEVEL

#SAIPMB2019

grin grin[/quote]
[quote author=Mike008
:
So na ordinary Logo de make these ones panic. Una never see anything.

Go and waste your time and resources in court, the only benefit you'll gain is the courts education on what plagiarism is.

deomelo:

If this is not the usual and typical ipob fake news rubbish, they are suing the wrong people so their threat is dead on arrival.

Nice try sha..

#SAINEXTLEVEL

#SAIPMB2019

grin grin

You can't use a stolen and make heaven neither can your government work with a stolen LOGO.

A man that appoints the daed will disappoint the living.
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by AnyoneButAtiku: 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
deomelo:

Nice try sha..

#SAINEXTLEVEL

#SAIPMB2019

grin grin

Interesting observation.

Now while I know the ruling party has on occasion failed to demonstrate enough due diligence when it comes to 'information management', it will be interesting to see if this case garners any traction. Frankly, I see nothing but a storm in the tea cup here. But let's wait till we hear some more from Sue Lavache on what appears to be a non-copyrighted logo.

On a side note, I bet Wendell Simlin (U.S-based fugitive at large) is behind this development. grin

More on the topic later.

Say no to #AtikulooterCONtinua
Say no to #Lootocrats

1 Share

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Dantedasz(m): 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
If the ruling party of a country can plagiarize content so blatantly,who is to stop those young illiterate kids in Alaba pirating dvd's and cd's?
#lifelessness
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Niorte: 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
deomelo:

Since the logo in question is not the official APC logo, you just described yourself.
Show us the official APC logo or remain silent in the midst of independent minds
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by texazzpete(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2018
I can bet anything this so called ‘letter’ was written in Nigeria.
From the moment I saw the “I have never in my career seen plagiarism this bad” line, I was 100% convinced.

There are certain mannerisms Naija people love to adopt.

2 Likes

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by AnyoneButAtiku: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2018
texazzpete:
I can bet anything this so called ‘letter’ was written in Nigeria.[b][/b]
From the moment I saw the “I have never in my career seen plagiarism this bad” line, I was 100% convinced.

There are certain mannerisms Naija people love to adopt.

Long time no see Texazzpete.
That's precisely my thinking.

It has the imprint of Wendell all over it. grin

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Niorte: 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
Focusmind:

You speak ignorantly. Haven't you heard of intellectual property? Whatever emanates from a corporate entity becomes a property of such organisation. When you publish your thesis in a peer review journal. Do you need to patent it before whoever usedbit acknowledge or reference you when quoting your work?

Nobody ever defend APC without ending up losing his mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by deomelo: 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

Interesting observation.

Now while I know the ruling party has on occasion failed to demonstrate enough due diligence when it comes to 'information management', it will be interesting to see if this case garners any traction. Frankly, I see nothing but a storm in the tea cup.

On a side note, I bet Wendell Simlin (fugitive at large) is behind this development. grin

More on this later.

We know the truth of course, I just don't expect the presidency to keep responding to every fake and fabricated nonsense drummed up by the likes of reno and his ipob internet heard.

We know the fake dumbo and useless fake twitter pastor and nuisance aka wendel simlin and ipob logo is not APC official logo, but of course, Igbos are useless, dombo and ignorant slaves and zombies, feed them any kind of dog food and they'll jump like bingo.

The fight is at the polls and so far, it's 9-0 in favor of the APC so let them keep crying over fake logo drama while we keep lashing them koboko at the polls.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by don4real18(m): 10:00pm On Nov 22, 2018
That is why you should engage creative designers like myself for your unique logo
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by liyahwillie(f): 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
all APC know is to STEAL,LOOT AND CORRUPTION
Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
deomelo:

You mean the clueless stealing is not corruption abandoned projects..

These Igbos sef

You're not making any sense

1 Like

Re: Next Level Logo: Rex Institute Vows To Sue Buhari, APC For "Stealing" Logo by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2018
It is a global disgrace.....Buhari and his lifeless men can't even design an ordinary logo and they want to take some fools to their imaginary Next Level.....Next level of iberiberism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Increasing Petrol Price: Adewole Adebayo Shares His Opinion And Suggestions / Kwankwanso And Tambuwal Sabotaged Atiku?? / Lazarus Muoka Of Chosen Prays for Jonathan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.