Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:32 AM

IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out (32840 Views)

Nigerian Students In UK Seek Help From Food Charity / FUOYE Students And Indigenes Clash (Photos) / Bostwana Student Wears Towel To Campus (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by pennywys(m): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
sometin wer dey never even commot the juice just go lik dat
nawooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2018
patogist:
Person wy die Don die...case close. We need to focus on how to eliminate Buhari too. Abeg what fruit we go use this time?

use dates that hausa fruits i heard Sudanese love those things..........

1 Like

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by tonyimadu: 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2018
Nice one but let me point out a few things
Must higher institution students are adults. As with people their age, there is a pull for social, emotional and sexual connection.
Even in teenagers there is that yearning for companionship.
This present case is unfortunate but then should we put a law banning relationships? Maybe not.
What I think the youths are lacking is real relationship education.
No one is teaching the youths how to be responsible lovers. How to be compassionate, we'll behaved and honest.
They lack true role models. And parents are just too afraid to talk to their kids about the things that truly matter

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by sparkle6(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2018
Computer science student ordinary html she doesnt know.
When your computer should be your husband and you are busy with fake bf.
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by sanmtiago(m): 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
The world is indeed going crazy!
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by husbandsnatcha(f): 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2018
I hate hypocrisy ,eeh !

Who post dis hypocritical post .. Ar those student nt yet ripe 4 marriage?

I no say na afonja coward post dis rubbish ...taah!

3 Likes

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by Patrioticman007(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
husbandsnatcha:
I hate hypocrisy ,eeh !

Who post dis hypocritical post .. Ar those student nt yet ripe 4 marriage?

I no say na afonja coward post dis rubbish ...taah!

Copy copy cats , have dulled our originality. White wedding, White collar jobs, white husband .
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by husbandsnatcha(f): 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
Patrioticman007:

Copy copy cats , have dulled our originality. White wedding, White collar jobs, white husband .
Is bad my dear, civilisation n doomsday ar lyk 5n6
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by casspersteve: 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
God no say any girl wey carry bag come my room the kind eyes wey I go look am eh

Are you normal?
Them pay house rent for me and you right
You come and go finish
No even sleeping over nii cos na so e dey start

3 Likes

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by Ekeseges(f): 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2018
Some of the students in the university now are not supposed to be there.The real students that seek admission are denied.These campus marriage students feel they have arrived not knowing that the journey is still ahead.Lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by casspersteve: 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
tonyimadu:
Must higher institution students are adults. As with people their age, there is a pull for social, emotional and sexual connection.
This present case is unfortunate but then should we put a law banning relationships? Maybe not.
No one is teaching the youths how to be responsible lovers. How to be compassionate, we'll behaved and honest.
They lack true role models. And parents are just too afraid to talk to their kids about the things that truly matter

But they won't teach them in sec school
There are some certain things the society neglect or feel it is improper to teach

1 Like

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by casspersteve: 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
tonyimadu:

At the same time somethings ought to be learnt by themselves not in school
Self education is key!!!

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by VectorVee68(m): 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2018
speechless
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by IkennaDavid1(m): 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2018
If the guy eventually survives then its a big lesson to him to stay away from ladies with violent tendencies.
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by VectorVee68(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2018
tonyimadu:
I really find what you texted reasonable, parents are indeed not willing to reveal the painful truth, some of us had to learn the hard way, TRUST is the issue here, i am in the university with a first class but my dad does not even believe, the truth is that the fortunate ones would learn.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by ahukannakate(f): 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2018
Some parents send their kids to school knowing fully well they can't cater for them. Some pay only school fees and the the child at the mercy of street.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
Nothing wrong in dating in the univ afterall some married couples met themselves in the univ but when it bcomes an obsession such u doing husband and wife duties at school at d detriment of ur acedemics it bcomes dangerious.

4 Likes

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by AnalQueenluci: 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
Op is nt informed,

Campus marriage ,husbandsnatcha no mind dem o
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by ComradeShegs(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
This is really disheartening. I can Imagine the trauma the parents of these ones will be going through now just because they chose to live on recklessness n immorality. Op, I commend the fact you drew attention to the role of the parents in this but I want you to also take cognisance of the fact that most of we youth today choose our own part after leaving the supervision of our parents.
My point is this; Parents can play their part but at the end of it all, it all balls down to the decision you and I take. There are kids of clergy men lavishing their lives away not because they weren't brought up well but rather because they allowed themselves to be influenced by bad companies. So bottom line, it's something that has to do with personal decision.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by Succette: 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
Op, are u a misogynist
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by almakiyyun(m): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
When I said i can never marry a graduate woman, this is one of the reasons. Somebody that has been f***kd and unf***kd buy several students.
Tufe. Tnx to my little Habeebah, she is in ss2 now, I will marry her when she gets to Ss3.
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by OgbeniSamm(m): 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
ednut1:
Blame parent who gv birth to kids they cant cater for and still send dem to school. Mk dem use toto survive school

Lazy Nigerian youth. Stop being lazy and read the post before commenting
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by bbamusa: 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
@oka4ugoo it is a parenting failure that has bedeviled our society. imagine a father that is level 10 civil servant and his daughter is using Samsung edge phone. while the father is happy and thinking his daughter is making it right from the University. shame on such dads.....

1 Like

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by OgbeniSamm(m): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
Ekeseges:
Some of the students in the university now are not supposed to be there.The real students that seek admission are denied.These campus marriage students feel they have arrived not knowing that the journey is still ahead.Lol

I concur
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by OgbeniSamm(m): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
IkennaDavid1:
If the guy eventually survives then its a big lesson to him to stay away from ladies with violent tendencies.

he didn't survive it. the news is on Twitter
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
Joseunlimited:
Campus marriage

Imagine!

another name is trial marriage... the relationship doesn't pass the school gate but they just wanna try been married and hookup to someone.. at the end it's all regret and disappointment..

1 Like

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by Mbediogu(m): 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
oka4ugoo:
It is regrettably unfortunate, that our young gals and boyz in school engage in all manner of vice just to show they belong or have arrived. Some get lucky while some don't.

Therefore trust is what parents should not have for wards in school. Periodic and unannounced visits to their schools, periodic updates of their performance and attendance to lectures from faulty officers or H.O.D as the case maybe should be encourge and above all periodic medical checkup to be conducted with these I believe this guyz will be mindful of their conducts.

At op thanks for the post.

Most mothers are responsible for bad upbringing of kids. I know what I am saying. They over pamper the kids to a point that fathers are sidelined and seen as too stiff.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by oka4ugoo: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
bbamusa:
@oka4ugoo it is a parenting failure that has bedeviled our society. imagine a father that is level 10 civil servant and his daughter is using Samsung edge phone. while the father is happy and thinking his daughter is making it right from the University. shame on such dads.....

You're right. I agree with you.
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by oka4ugoo: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
Mbediogu:

Most mothers are responsible for bad upbringing of kids. I know what I am saying. They over pamper the kids to a point that fathers are sidelined and seen as too stiff.

I understand your point but then fathers shouldn't allow themselves to be sideline

1 Like

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by Divay22(f): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2018
I remembered when one crazy ex of mine in school then, asked me to come live with him so that we can use my house rent to flez grin grin

Iffa hear say Warri babe like me carry last. cheesy cheesy I asked nigga to move into my hostel, that my mum has already credited my landlord's acct. He was na forming the head of the relationship..Las Las i no send am, him go pay him landlord he rent. (Even if i don't know where I'm going, but knowing where am coming from is a guild)
Mum never visited me, but her prayers were working grin grin

6 Likes

Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by BestDude: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
This op spoke the truth but make una dey try to know say Na upbringing be the koko...
Re: IMSU Stabbing & Suicide Saga: Nigerian Students And Campus Marriage, The Way Out by rexsid(m): 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2018
Wisdomkosi:
By Wisdom Nwedene

I woke up this morning with pictures of Imo State University undergraduate student, Jennifer Agomuo circulating online.

Why?

According to report, she stabbed her boyfriend before taking a poisonous substance that led to her death.

It is no longer something new that Nigerian university undergraduates now engage in what they call 'Campus Marriage '. Those who don't engage in such acts or have girlfriends /boyfriends are always described as Johnny just come (JJC).

Some don't actually have boyfriends  but come out at night, you will be shocked when you see the activities they run at night . They always position themselves for sugar daddies, top politicians to be used as they like. To them, 'they are small girls with big god.

These set of people don't care about lectures because they have money to settle lecturers  or they will pay in kind.

Their parents are at home, struggling to survive, sometimes they will send them their last penny, hoping that their daughters will come out with best results without knowing that campus marriage is  more important to them than their studies.

Parents, how many times have you paid your daughter surprise visits?

How often do you call her to know where she is?

Do you check her results?

Do you map out time to discuss with your daughter?

Parents,  you have a lot to do in order to protect your daughters and sons who are in high institutions.

For me ooooo, the only role parents should play in the life of their kid in high Institutions is taking care of their fees... for crying out loud, being in higher institution and u expect ur people to monitor u.... are they dah jobless wah nw makes u matured... u Neva get sense for uni, then sense is not meant for u simple....
As a parent, just give ur child the best home training then allow the kid to pick and choose the path to follow... na the pikin life after all...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Lilliana Akah, A Talented 13-Year-Old Nigerian Who Has Written 9 Books / ASUU May Call-Off Strike Next Week / Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.