Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,105 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

"God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" (504 Views)

Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Old Testament Murder Count: God Vs. Satan / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by 1Gospelblog(m): 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
One of the secrets of the Christian life is the reason God didn't wreck Satan promptly after Satan trespassed. We realize that God will one day overcome Satan by tossing him into the Lake of Fire where he will be tormented day and night always (Revelation 20:10), yet at times we ask why God has not wrecked Satan as of now. Maybe we will never know God's correct thinking, however we do know certain things about His tendency.

To begin with, we realize God is totally sovereign over all creation, and this incorporates Satan. Unquestionably, Satan and his evil spirits wreak ruin on the planet, however they are just permitted a specific measure of opportunity. We likewise realize that God has arranged everything from the earliest starting point of time to the end. Nothing can impede His designs, and things are continuing precisely on calendar. "The LORD of hosts has sworn: 'As I have arranged, so will it be, and as I have purposed, so will it stand'" (Isaiah 14:24).

Second, "we realize that everything cooperate for good to the individuals who love God, to the individuals who are called by His motivation" (Romans 8:28). Whatever God has gotten ready for Satan, that arrangement will be the most ideal one. God's ideal fierceness and equity will be fulfilled, and His ideal nobility will be celebrated. The individuals who cherish Him and who trust that His arrangement will be satisfied will be excited to be a piece of that arrangement and will applaud and extol Him as they see it unfurl.

Third, we realize that to scrutinize God's arrangement and its planning is to address God Himself, His judgment, His character and His extremely nature. It isn't astute to scrutinize His entitlement to do precisely however he sees fit. The psalmist lets us know, "Concerning God, His way is impeccable" (Psalm 18:30). Whatever arrangement originates from the brain of the Almighty is the most ideal arrangement. The facts confirm that we can't hope to comprehend that mind superbly, as He reminds us, "'For my contemplations are not your musings, nor are your ways my ways,' says the LORD. 'For as the sky are higher than the earth, so are my routes higher than your ways and my musings than your considerations'" (Isaiah 55:8-9). All things considered, our duty to God is to obey Him, to confide in Him, and to submit to His will, regardless of whether we comprehend it or not. On account of His planning for Satan's destruction, it must be the most ideal arrangement since it is God's arrangement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by servercodes001: 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2018
Though I'm a believer but my brain keeps asking itself such questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by respect80(m): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
The ways of God is completely different from man's.

I keep asking myself, what if there's another level of consciousness where pain and torment is most felt than what our current mortal body (consciousness) could possibly understand?
And what if there's more to peace, love, happiness and life itself than we can ever imagine in our current state of consciousness?
Dear God, if I'm going to miss anything, may it never be the life after death that you promised... (amen)
Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by SilentVboy: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
servercodes001:

Though I'm a believer but my brain keeps asking itself such questions

Take note that whatever Satan did in the garden of eden was equally witnessed by all other angels in heaven....

So if God had destroyed Satan at once, the other angels in heaven would have concluded that whatever Satan said was right and that is why God destroyed him. Would the other angels not had protested?

So as a wise God, he allowed Satan to do as he likes over the years. Now the other angels can see for themselves that Satan can never bring peace and happiness . So if God decides to destroyed Satan now, he will be justified..,.

1 Like

Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by LordReed(m): 10:00am On Nov 23, 2018
SilentVboy:
Take note that whatever Satan did in the garden of eden was equally witnessed by all other angels in heaven....

So if God had destroyed Satan at once, the other angels in heaven would have concluded that whatever Satan said was right and that is why God destroyed him. Would the other angels not had protested?

So as a wise God, he allowed Satan to do as he likes over the years. Now the other angels can see for themselves that Satan can never bring peace and happiness . So if God decides to destroyed Satan now, he will be justified..,.

And how do you know these?
Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Emusan(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
LordReed:

And why do you want to know?
Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by LordReed(m): 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
Emusan:

And why do you want to know?

To know if it is true or just a figment of your imagination.
Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by SilentVboy: 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
LordReed:

Good question. This is not an imagination or some sort of thinking. We equally face it as humans. Imagine someone accused you of stealing but you know quite alright that u did not steal the item. But u decide to pay that person just to save your name. People around u will conclude that u stole it and that is why u paid that person accusing u in other to shut up.

But u can decide not to pay the person and then allow the person to keep on accusing you falsely. Granted, your name will be soiled, even for 1 or 2 years but at the end, the truth will be revealed that u did not steal it and u will be vindicated.....

Same with God, many are abusing God of been wicked. For allowing people die and suffer without intervening. But they do not know that most of these probs come from Satan. Satan knows that whatever evil thing he does, people will be blaming God but time for God to act will come some day....

But for now, we need STRONG FAITH IN GOD just like JoB, to endure whatever difficulty we are suffering now, and at the end , God will save those who endure to the end (Mathew 24: 13)
Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Dantedasz(m): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2018
LordReed:

To know if it is true or just a figment of your imagination.

grin grin

Jokes apart,I suggest the OP should goggle or research the evolution of the devil in the Bible. He would discover that as man evolved so has the devil and God evolved because all are man made fables.

1 Like

Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Primesky(m): 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2018
OP, let's just look at the human angle first.

The day a criminal is sentenced to death in the court of law, is it always the day the criminal is executed?.

God's ways are not man's ways.

Me think that, God is allowing all creation to see just how evil the devil is, to justify the fearful doom coming upon him, it also will let God show the devil how powerless he is against God. So that he(devil) will never say, if only I had enough time, I would have done so and so.

Satan, you wanted to overthrow God, alright go ahead let's see. Very foolish attempt!.

But God has a specific time set for punishing the devil.

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

What matters is man should endeavor to get saved through Jesus Christ. That's what matters. God dealing with Satan is a small thing.

1 Like

Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by Dantedasz(m): 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2018
The concept of Satan/devil in Judaism (old testament) is totally different from the concept in Christianity(New testament) and the concept in Islam(koran).
All abrahamic religions and their concept of God/Gods and Satan were stolen/plagiarized from the religions of their neighbours .

1 Like

Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by LordReed(m): 3:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
SilentVboy:
Good question. This is not an imagination or some sort of thinking. We equally face it as humans. Imagine someone accused you of stealing but you know quite alright that u did not steal the item. But u decide to pay that person just to save your name. People around u will conclude that u stole it and that is why u paid that person accusing u in other to shut up.

But u can decide not to pay the person and then allow the person to keep on accusing you falsely. Granted, your name will be soiled, even for 1 or 2 years but at the end, the truth will be revealed that u did not steal it and u will be vindicated.....

Same with God, many are abusing God of been wicked. For allowing people die and suffer without intervening. But they do not know that most of these probs come from Satan. Satan knows that whatever evil thing he does, people will be blaming God but time for God to act will come some day....

But for now, we need STRONG FAITH IN GOD just like JoB, to endure whatever difficulty we are suffering now, and at the end , God will save those who endure to the end (Mathew 24: 13)

Ok you are just conjecturing then.

BTW you mean a whole god could not show angels definitive proof that satan was lying? That is funny.
Re: "God Vs. Satan - If God Is All-powerful, Why Does He Not Just Kill Satan?" by LordReed(m): 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2018
Dantedasz:

grin grin

Jokes apart,I suggest the OP should goggle or research the evolution of the devil in the Bible. He would discover that as man evolved so has the devil and God evolved because all are man made fables.

That should make for some interesting reading.

(1) (Reply)

The Anti-christ (pope?) Will Try To Change Time And Laws Of God - Daniel 7:25 / Akpororo Slammed For Going Topless To Praise God, Broda Shaggi Reacts / 2019 Our Year Of Divine Presence And Rest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.