Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? (12576 Views)

Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? / Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Where Did Christians Get Their Concept Of Satan From ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by paxonel(m): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
A 13 years old girl asked this question in church during bible study yesterday and the teacher could not give a satisfactory reason.
He told her that God is preserving satan for judgment day but the little girl reminded him that all the sorrows in this world would have been avoided only if satan who was the cause, and who is still causing more sorrows was killed from the beginning, then there will be no need for judgement.
The preacher could not say anything and when the girl wanted to ask another question, the teacher practically told her off and end the class, saying he is not in the mood of answering questions any longer .

Can anyone help us answer the question?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Holuwahphemy(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2018
See question oh... Oga leave nairaland go ask Google jhor angry

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by MrAnele(m): 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Its called the book of bible stories for a reason

15 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello.

I have given an answer to a similar question somewhere else and will edit this response later to provide the link to that discussion.

The short answer is "because of man's free will".

God created the angels and men with free will so that each individual angel and man can choose whether they want to remain part of God's Eternal Family or rebel against Him.

That meant that each individual angel and man would be tested somehow so that each one will have an opportunity to choose what they want.

The angels made their own choices before Man was created. Satan was the first one among them to decide to rebel against God and he campaigned among the angels to persuade them to join him. A third of them did and God destroyed the universe of that time with water because of their rebellion.

Then Man was created and Satan was let loose to also test man and give him an opportunity to make his own choice.

Man had 7000 years to make his choice, generation after generation. We have almost finished 6000 of those years. At the end of human history, all human beings who were ever going to be born will have made their choices.

Now, because this is a test, each person will have to prove by various experiences - in suffering and in abundance - that they are serious about what they have chosen and have no intention to change their mind.

This is why suffering and pain exists. It is a test of the true heart of every man.

At the end of human history, those who have endured in their choice of God in Jesus Christ will spend eternity with God and His Whole Family of Angels and Men with blessings that our minds right now cannot even begin to conceive. At that time too, those who rejected God in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in anguish without equal because of their rebellion against God.

That is the biblical answer.

5 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
I want to add that the question is legitimate and it is a pity, a tragedy, in fact, that a man who styles himself a teacher of the Truth does not know the answer. But this is extremely common in our day today. It is also why so many believers are confused about what the Bible says: because their teachers are either not gifted at all to teach or not taught themselves by properly prepared and gifted teachers.

I hope that you will not hesitate to ask for clarification wherever you need it.

Following is the link I promised. The post that will open on the link is the first of three that I made on that thread to answer the question. Each was quite detailed in response.

https://www.nairaland.com/4783990/satan-vs-god-killed-more#72020406

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by DoctorAlien(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
I've answered this question before. It was because destroying Satan immediately was not the best option. GOD is very wise. Satan had raised specific charges against GOD, and he accused GOD before the inhabitants of Heaven with these charges. His rebellion eventually turned into a full-blown war in Heaven. But had GOD destroyed Satan immediately despite the havoc he caused, that very act would have lent credence to the charges which Satan brought against GOD. So GOD cast Satan out of heaven, but spared him and allowed Satan to develop his intents to the fullest, so that intelligent beings can judge for themselves that he deserves to be destroyed finally. I can safely say that not voice of dissent will rise from the earth against the judgment which GOD will mete on sin and sinners, including Satan.

True, the earth is in misery today because of Satan's deceit, but surely the enormous doubt of GOD's just character that could have dominated the minds of created beings would have presented a far worse situation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
DoctorAlien:
I've answered this question before. It was because destroying Satan immediately was not the best option. GOD is very wise. Satan had raised specific charges against GOD, and he accused GOD before the inhabitants of Heaven with these charges. His rebellion eventually turned into a full-blown war in Heaven. But had GOD destroyed Satan immediately despite the havoc he caused, that very act would have lent credence to the charges which Satan brought against GOD. So GOD cast Satan out of heaven, but spared him and allowed Satan to develop his intents to the fullest, so that intelligent beings can judge for themselves that he deserves to be destroyed finally. I can safely say that not voice of dissent will rise from the earth against the judgment which GOD will mete on sin and sinners, including Satan.

True, the earth is in misery today because of Satan's deceit, but surely the enormous doubt of GOD's just character that could have dominated the minds of created beings would have presented a far worse situation.

A very good answer as far as it goes.

Man was created to replace the angels that rebelled. And he was deliberately created to be weaker than the angels so that in him all of Satan's lies against God will be destroyed.

As each human being chooses to obey God in conditions far less pleasant than Satan had, as each sinner repents and submits to God, Satan is proved a liar again and again. By the time human history is over, every single slander that he made against God will be answered emphatically so that "every mouth will be stopped" and God will be seen as just and righteous in all that He has done.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by DoctorAlien(m): 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

A very good answer as far as it goes.

Man was created to replace the angels that rebelled. And he was deliberately created to be weaker than the angels so that in him all of Satan's lies against God will be destroyed.

As each human being chooses to obey God in conditions far less pleasant than Satan had, as each sinner repents and submits to God, Satan is proved a liar again and again. By the time human history is over, every single slander that he made against God will be answered emphatically so that "every mouth will be stopped" and God will be seen as just and righteous in all that He has done.

I especially agree with the bolded part. In Jesus Christ, Satan's charges(that is impossible to obey GOD's Law) are totally demolished and disproved. Christ, a man born with the natural evil tendencies of the flesh, lived all His life without ever committing sin even for once. Surely Christ is our hope, and in him Satan suffers a crushing defeat.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
DoctorAlien:

I especially agree with the bolded part. In Jesus Christ, Satan's charges(that is impossible to obey GOD's Law) are totally demolished and disproved. Christ, a man born with the natural evil tendencies of the flesh, lived all His life without ever committing sin even for once. Surely Christ is our hope, and in him Satan suffers a crushing defeat.

Very true indeed. I want to make sure that by "born with the natural evil tendencies of the flesh", you mean that our Lord was born with a free will like the rest of us and was just as capable of sin as Adam and Eve were which, without doubt, is very true indeed, not that He was born with a sin nature because He wasn't. Possession of a sin nature would have disqualified Him from being God's Perfect Sacrifice for us.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by DoctorAlien(m): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Very true indeed. I want to make sure that by "born with the natural evil tendencies of the flesh", you mean that our Lord was born with a free will like the rest of us and was just as capable of sin as Adam and Eve were which, without doubt, is very true indeed, not that He was born with a sin nature because He wasn't. Possession of a sin nature would have disqualified Him from being God's Perfect Sacrifice for us.

It seems you even put it for me in better words: He was as capable of sinning as any man is, yet he didn't sin even for once. He was not a sinner by virtue of birth, just like no man is. In short, he was human in every way, except that he never for once fell for sin. Surely our only hope is in Him.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
DoctorAlien:

It seems you even put it for me in better words: He was as capable of sinning as any man is, yet he didn't sin even for once. He was not a sinner by virtue of birth, just like no man is. In short, he was human in every way, except that he never for once fell for sin. Surely our only hope is in Him.

Again, very true.

I find I must seek another clarification (your pardon). When you say, "just like no man is", I assume that you mean that until an individual has actually committed a sin, he is not a sinner, which is without doubt true, not that all humans are born without a sin nature which is not true. Except the Lord Jesus Christ because of His special birth, all human beings are born with a sin nature which is a guarantee that we will sin and therefore need a Savior.

Thus, even though we only become sinners when we actually commit a sin, not because we are so born, being born with a sin nature makes it completely impossible for us to escape becoming sinners.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by DoctorAlien(m): 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
I find I must seek another clarification (your pardon). When you say, "just like no man is", I assume that you mean that until an individual has actually committed a sin, he is not a sinner, which is without doubt true, not that all humans are born without a sin nature which is not true. Except the Lord Jesus Christ because of His special birth, all human beings are born with a sin nature which is a guarantee that we will sin and therefore need a Savior.

Thus, even though we only become sinners when we actually commit a sin, not because we are so born, being born with a sin nature makes it completely impossible for us to escape becoming sinners.

While I may not understand what the term "sin nature" denotes, I don't agree with you on the Bolded. But the Bible says that Jesus "partook of flesh and blood with humans", and "was made like us in all things". Heb. 2:14,17.

But that is not the purpose of the thread, so I'll not go into it.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
DoctorAlien:

While I may not understand what the term "sin nature" denotes, I don't agree with you on the Bolded. But the Bible says that Jesus "partook of flesh and blood with humans", and "was made like us in all things". Heb. 2:14,17.

I agree that we should not go into it here. I have a thread for biblical questions where we might discuss it. Alternatively, you could start a thread to discuss it.

I wanted to make certain for the sake of those who read our exchange, that was why I asked it here.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by paxonel(m): 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
Hello.

I have given an answer to a similar question somewhere else and will edit this response later to provide the link to that discussion.

God created the angels and men with free will so that each individual angel and man can choose whether they want to remain part of God's Eternal Family or rebel against Him.

That meant that each individual angel and man would be tested somehow so that each one will have an opportunity to choose what they want.

The angels made their own choices before Man was created. Satan was the first one among them to decide to rebel against God and he campaigned among the angels to persuade them to join him. A third of them did and God destroyed the universe of that time with water because of their rebellion.

Then Man was created and Satan was let loose to also test man and give him an opportunity to make his own choice.

Man had 7000 years to make his choice, generation after generation. We have almost finished 6000 of those years. At the end of human history, all human beings who were ever going to be born will have made their choices.

Now, because this is a test, each person will have to prove by various experiences - in suffering and in abundance - that they are serious about what they have chosen and have no intention to change their mind.

This is why suffering and pain exists. It is a test of the true heart of every man.

At the end of human history, those who have endured in their choice of God in Jesus Christ will spend eternity with God and His Whole Family of Angels and Men with blessings that our minds right now cannot even begin to conceive. At that time too, those who rejected God in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in anguish without equal because of their rebellion against God.

this is a better answer to the question.
Thanks
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by hakeem4(m): 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
grin
MrAnele:
Its called the book of bible stories for a reason
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
paxonel:
this is a better answer to the question.
Thanks

You are very welcome. I'm very happy to help.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
paxonel:
A 13 years old girl asked this question in church during bible study yesterday and the teacher could not give a satisfactory reason.
He told her that God is preserving satan for judgment day but the little girl reminded him that all the sorrows in this world would have been avoided only if satan who was the cause, and who is still causing more sorrows was killed from the beginning, then there will be no need for judgement.
The preacher could not say anything and when the girl wanted to ask another question, the teacher practically told her off and end the class, saying he is not in the mood of answering questions any longer.

SHE'S ONLY 13, AND ALREADY A FEW STEPS AWAY FROM ATHEISM.

9 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
DoctorAlien:

My thinking was that we could have this conversation elsewhere and link it back here so that anyone who finds themselves wondering about this same thing will be properly educated about it. If that suits you, I would be happy to set it up, but in case you are disinclined to having the conversation, I think I should address the above for the sake of those who may read it.

You are very right, of course, that the Bible teaches that the Lord Jesus shared in all things with us. However, the context of those two verses was addressing the fact of the Lord Jesus Christ's Humanity. As you should see from verse 16, the point was that the Lord Jesus Christ became in every way a genuine human being, not an angel, but a man just like any of us. This does not address anything but the Nature of His Incarnation.

The question of sin in His Incarnation is addressed in Heb 4:15. He had no sin, no matter how much He was tempted. We know this from this part of the Bible. But the question we were really disagreeing on is whether the rest of mankind was similarly free of sin.

For that question we have Rom 3:9-18, 23, 5:19 and 1 Jn 1:8. There are other passages but these will suffice.

The point in them is that every living human being sins. And Rom 5:19 and 1 Jn 1:8 explain why: we all have something the Bible calls "sin". The question I think may be pertinent is whether sin is something you do or something you have.

It could be answered that if you sin, then you have sin. This is true and may just prove my point: that sins, that is, those things we do which are sinful, are proof that we have a condition called sin.

This is why a technical term was invented to explain it. Theologians refer to it as the sin nature. The sin nature is what makes our sinning inevitable.

Once Adam and Eve sinned, something changed about human nature. Every human being since, except the Lord Jesus Christ, has come into the world in a body of sin (see Rom 7, esp vv. 17-18, 23-24). This predisposes every single human being born of male seed to sin. We may be guiltless at birth but from that first breath, we run after sin like it is necessary to our existence. That is what the Lord Jesus had to save us out of.

So, even though the Lord Jesus was as human as it gets - which is the point of Heb 2 -, He was completely without a sin nature unlike us. He had no tendencies at all to sin in any form. But, just like Adam, He was able to sin if He wanted to because He possessed a free will. But He chose instead to submit Himself in every thought, word and deed in every single moment of His Life here on earth to the Father, thus He never sinned.

But we will always sin as long as we have this mortal body because sin lives in our bodies. Our bodies were corrupted when Adam chose in full recognition of the consequences of His Choice to disobey God. This is our burden and it is what the Lord Jesus died to save us from. While our sins have been paid for, His Death also secured for us the hope of Resurrection so that one day our bodies will be changed and we can live in perfect righteousness for all eternity (Rom 8:23).
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Honesty007(m): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2018
so that everymouths would be stopped and the whole world would become guilty before God
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Warripikin08(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
well, the little girl asked a very challenging question that the Sunday school teacher respected his or herself by not lying. He /she even stopped the girl for asking another question which is very good, he/she did an honest job.
Meanwhile here in nairaland we have lying adult defending their fairy tale book with cheap lies. that they can't even back up with the bible. You see theist can lie for their believe. You see them composing story from nowhere else. christians are liar.

8 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
Warripikin08:
well, the little girl asked a very challenging question that the Sunday school teacher respected his or herself by not lying. He /she even stopped the girl for asking another question which is very good, he/she did an honest job.
Meanwhile here in nairaland we have lying adult defending their fairy tale book with cheap lies. that they can't even back up with the bible. You see theist can lie for their believe. You see them composing story from nowhere else. christians are liar.

Have you asked the intelligent question: "where did you get all that information"? Chances are you haven't because you don't really want to know.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
The bible tells us that Adam and Eve ate the forbidden apple, but what it didn't tell us is that there was only one apple tree in the whole of garden of Eden. It failed to tell us that Adam and Eve only ate the apples because they were very hungry, and the tree was the closest food source. If God can deliberately starve Adam and Eve and thus, manipulate them into disobeying him, then it's a safe bet that God never intended to kill satan at all, cuz without an opposing force, there would have been no need for people to exalt and worship him like they do now. Suffice to say, God put the letter "M" in machiavellian.

1 Like

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Treepower2000: 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
paxonel:
The preacher could not say anything and when the girl wanted to ask another question, the teacher practically told her off and end the class, saying he is not in the mood of answering questions any longer .

Can anyone help us answer the question?
If God had killed Satan the world would have ended and God would have to create a new one.
When you kill the actor the film ends. We couldn't have had anyone to blame for our misdeeds and by now all of us would have been executed oo.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Treepower2000: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
Hello.

E be like say you have your own separate Bible ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by dalaman: 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
Make things up as you go is the name of the game. Christians are very dangerous liars. Imagine someone saying that God destroyed the universe of that time with water. So water was used to destroy the universe at a time. Christians are very dangerous and crazy.

7 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
Treepower2000:

Why do you say that? You haven't seen these things in the Bible you read?
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by dalaman: 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
Treepower2000:

Ask him to show your the verse in the bible where it says that the universe was destroyed with water because Satan rebelled against God and you'll be suprised that he made it up.

5 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 10:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
dalaman:
Make things up as you go is the name of the game. Christians are very dangerous liars. Imagine someone saying that God destroyed the universe of that time with water. So water was used to destroy the universe at a time. Christians are very dangerous and crazy.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Look, maybe we are deluded and fools. But we can only be so because we believe the Bible not because we make things up.

You could just ask where the Bible said what I said. But then, you wouldn't because you don't believe the Bible, do you? So, you'd rather accuse us of making things up.

No, it's not made up. It's in the Bible. But that's not your cup of tea.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by Ihedinobi3: 10:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
dalaman:

Ask him to show your the verse in the bible where it says that the universe was destroyed with water because Satan rebelled against God and you'll be suprised that he made it up.
Why don't you ask me yourself?
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by dalaman: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
Treepower2000:

God destroyed the universe with water can be found in which verse? God created the angels and man with free will can be found in which verse?

2 Likes

Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by dalaman: 10:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Why don't you ask me yourself?

OK answer the question.
Re: Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? by obinna58(m): 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
I want to add that the question is legitimate and it is a pity, a tragedy, in fact, that a man who styles himself a teacher of the Truth does not know the answer. But this is extremely common in our day today. It is also why so many believers are confused about what the Bible says: because their teachers are either not gifted at all to teach or not taught themselves by properly prepared and gifted teachers.

I hope that you will not hesitate to ask for clarification wherever you need it.

Following is the link I promised. The post that will open on the link is the first of three that I made on that thread to answer the question. Each was quite detailed in response.

https://www.nairaland.com/4783990/satan-vs-god-killed-more#72020406
Of course I know I'll see this blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January / Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / Win A Soul For Allah: Lexiconkabi And Other Muslims, Please Enter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.