Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists (24022 Views)

Wike: Atiku Warns Supporters Against Harmful Utterances / Insecurity: Famine In North’ll Have National Impact, Atiku Warns / Tinubu Can’t Represent You At Next Week’s Presidential Debate, Atiku Warns Buhar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by nairafame(m): 8:16am On Nov 23, 2018
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, on Thursday warned the President Muhammadu Buhari government, to “review its policy of releasing so-called ‘repentant’ terrorists”.

In a statement made available to journalists in Abuja on Thursday, Atiku bemoaned the level of insecurity in the country.

According to the former vice-president, both Muslim and Christian clerics now officiate funerals more than marriages and child dedication.

Atiku called on the Federal Government to take bold steps to end unnecessary deaths, because he was tired of issuing condolences on such deaths.

He said, “I have been travelling all over Nigeria and I meet with both Muslim and Christian clerics who tell me that in the North East and Middle Belt, they now officiate over more funerals than they do marriages and child dedications. This is heartbreaking and we must do something immediately to change the situation.

“Apart from funding, I advise the Federal Government to review its policy of releasing so-called ‘repentant’ terrorists. To think that the government can de-radicalise these individuals in so short a time is wishful thinking.

“Many people, myself included, think that the upsurge in terror activities coming after the release of such detainees is not coincidental.

“Finally, I urge the National Assembly to suo moto, take action to appropriate funds for our military on a fast-track basis. These are desperate times for Nigeria and desperate times call for dedication to duty of all concerned.

“I am tired of issuing condolences for unnecessary deaths. I prefer to make a difference and prevent unnecessary deaths amongst the gallant men and women of our armed forces and the civilian population they took an oath to protect.”
Source: http://www.nairafame.com/2018/11/atiku-warns-buhari-over-releasing.html?m=1

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by paiz: 8:20am On Nov 23, 2018
Very correct

190 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by EmirAbj: 8:22am On Nov 23, 2018
Jubril Or Buhari Needs Our Prayers, That Old Foolish Man Presently Presiding Over Aso Rock Is Clueless

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by magoo10(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2018
Releasing boko haram members at this time when they are killing Nigeria soldiers and citizens in their numbers with elections drawing close contradicts Buhari's sincerity in fighting terrorism.

It only suggest he is supporting terrorism as a tool to win elections.

A vote for buhari is a vote for next level of terrorism.

238 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by buhariguy(m): 8:26am On Nov 23, 2018
What is wrong with thief atiku,
Why is he so desperate to be lying like a criminal as he is?

How many condolences visit or letter have you written,
And when boko haram seize 20 local government in NE, including your village,
How many condolences visit or letter did you write,
How much relief material donated?

Did you know how much this government has spent for idp ? For millions of displace citizens as a result of PDP 16yrs mismanagement.
Boko haram kill more 100,000 innocent people.
What does PDP want again? To kill us more

11 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by madmohamed(m): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2018
nairafame:
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, on Thursday warned the President Muhammadu Buhari government, to “review its policy of releasing so-called ‘repentant’ terrorists”.

In a statement made available to journalists in Abuja on Thursday, Atiku bemoaned the level of insecurity in the country.

According to the former vice-president, both Muslim and Christian clerics now officiate funerals more than marriages and child dedication.

Atiku called on the Federal Government to take bold steps to end unnecessary deaths, because he was tired of issuing condolences on such deaths.

He said, “I have been travelling all over Nigeria and I meet with both Muslim and Christian clerics who tell me that in the North East and Middle Belt, they now officiate over more funerals than they do marriages and child dedications. This is heartbreaking and we must do something immediately to change the situation.

“Apart from funding, I advise the Federal Government to review its policy of releasing so-called ‘repentant’ terrorists. To think that the government can de-radicalise these individuals in so short a time is wishful thinking.

“Many people, myself included, think that the upsurge in terror activities coming after the release of such detainees is not coincidental.

“Finally, I urge the National Assembly to suo moto, take action to appropriate funds for our military on a fast-track basis. These are desperate times for Nigeria and desperate times call for dedication to duty of all concerned.

“I am tired of issuing condolences for unnecessary deaths. I prefer to make a difference and prevent unnecessary deaths amongst the gallant men and women of our armed forces and the civilian population they took an oath to protect.”
http://www.nairafame.com/2018/11/atiku-warns-buhari-over-releasing.html?m=1
not only releasing them but also putting them into security of the country like army and police

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by mbaboy(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2018
Within a swipe we lost 70 soldiers and yet one lifeless one is releasing boko Haram terrorist captured under GEJ administration. Buhari has done Nigeria evil than good and back to Daura is a Clarion call

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Youngbbt: 8:38am On Nov 23, 2018
and he can't release unarm ipob members

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by selectedhero(m): 9:26am On Nov 23, 2018
buhariguy:

Did you know how much this government has spent for idp ? For millions of displace citizens as a result of PDP 16yrs mismanagement.

You are shameless

268 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by BruncleZuma: 11:29am On Nov 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by dotcomnamename: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2018
Story for the God's. Trying everything to console himself, seeing guaranteed defeat in FeBuhari in 2019.

FACT remains the same that YOU CAN NOT TRAVEL TO AMERICA.

10 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by slawomir: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2018
Isoright
Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by TEDHorsePower: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2018
"Attack on Boko Haram is an attack to the north"- Buhari 2011

Bubu is a disaster

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Moreoffaith(m): 11:31am On Nov 23, 2018
REPENTANT?

WHICH ONE BE REPENTANT ABI THIS PEOPLE DEY MAD NI?

THIS IS REASON WHY NIGERIA WILL NEVER GROW.

BURN THE IDIOTS ALIVE SO THEY FEEL WHAT THEY MAKE PEOPLE GO THROUGH.

19 Likes

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by AllahOniJibiti: 11:31am On Nov 23, 2018
Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 23, 2018
buhariguy:

an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north. Boko boys have come to stay

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by omocalabar(m): 11:31am On Nov 23, 2018
Atiku already acting presidential

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Originality007: 11:31am On Nov 23, 2018
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by omocalabar(m): 11:31am On Nov 23, 2018
Btw cant wait for boko haram in the SW....it will be a nice scene

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Originality007: 11:31am On Nov 23, 2018
dotcomnamename:
Story for the God's.

FACT remains the same that YOU CAN NOT TRAVEL TO AMERICA.

undecided come here let me slap u. MAY B UR SENSE GO COME BK angry angry

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by PhenomenalAustin: 11:32am On Nov 23, 2018
buhariguy:

Ewu angry

Tufia
Pesin wey do you this thing bin naked swear for you

Spits**

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by richidinho(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2018
f
Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Viking007(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2018
[s]
buhariguy:

[/s]

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by kerry57: 11:32am On Nov 23, 2018
He has spoken my mind cos these guys will remain a target for the sponsors who will either get them killed or get them realighned to become more dangerous and dreaded. God save us from these people trying to please the masses at all cause just 2months to elections by taking crazy decisions that are not to the interest of the majority of us.

22 Likes

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by Nnemuka(f): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2018
How do you release terrorist and at the same time paying ransom to a terrorist group?
How insane can our government be?
Never has it been heard that terrorist are being treated with kids gloves but what do i know?
First billions were paid to release the school girls recently kidnapped, later Boko kingpins were released in exchange for our military boys captured and you people think they won't come back hard on our security guys.
I fear for these country but then Burutai prefers a python dance in the east than fighting a real battle.

Peoples children are dying daily in the hands of Boko haram and presidency is quiet.
We are fighting corruption and nothing else matters

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by berrystunn(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2018
angry
Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by theozobby(m): 11:33am On Nov 23, 2018
buhariguy:

its everything ok at home?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by sanfranka2(m): 11:33am On Nov 23, 2018
if you play computer games or any game at all, you will understand with me that next level gets harder...

if you know, you know.

15 Likes

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by michoim(m): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2018
When he was vice president for 8 years; he only succeeded in starting Bokoharam and Niger delta militancy. And he is here talking trash about sending 'hypocritical-politically motivated' condolence messages...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by grandstar(m): 11:35am On Nov 23, 2018
Is he being sincere or just trying to win votes?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Warns Buhari Over Releasing ‘repentant’ Boko Haram Terrorists by oruma19: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2018
Jubril is not old o. Late Buhari was old. this mumu jubril will not come and debate cos he knows nothing about nigeria than the ones taught by elrufai and their clicque. we are waiting for the debate so we will ask him about idiagbon and all the people he worked with in 1984. na there we go take expose jubril the double of late Buhari grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
EmirAbj:
Jubril Or Buhari Needs Our Prayers, That Old Foolish Man Presently Presiding Over Aso Rock Is Clueless

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Soludo Visits Burnt Aguata Secretariat / Kogi Government Moves To Recover Obajana Cement Company From Dangote / Soldiers Rescue 998 Persons From Boko Haram Captivity, Clear Terrorists (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.