Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die (22800 Views)

I Usually Pretend As Patient To Steal In Hospitals – Suspect / 38-Year-Old Dad Defiles 4-Year-Old Daughter In Uyo, Cut Her Vagina With Scissors / 38-Year-Old Man Caught Raping A 13-Year-Old Girl In Opolo, Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die by Aarondan(m): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2018
[quote author=Aarondan post=73245571]But I can survive even the incureable disease. I have a physician who has never referred a case because he cure them all manner of disease. Ask me who. I don't think euthanasia should be crime, fundamental human rights says, you can not stop someone who wants to die from dying.
Re: Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die by omooba969(m): 9:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
Grupo:

For the last time, I only like heavenly things, like hymns, praises and reading the holy book.

For people like you that like sex, your place is in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. cool

Craze dey worry youcheesy

1 Like

Re: Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die by PeaceTeam: 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2018
Your news is flawed and I really don't need to check because Switzerland had Euthanasia legalized years ago. A very sick elderly British woman was flown out of the UK and euthanized in Switzerland in the German side of Switzerland up North as I lived in Switzerland then in Geneva. The UK threatened to sue the family and the doctor, they all came on TV in Switzerland to call the bluff of the British Government and we just laughed since they are backward where the Swiss are concerned.
Re: Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die by candelanetworks: 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
Sometimes family members can be quite selfish. You're not going through as much pain as the patient and whilst yours may be only emotional, the patient will be suffering both physically and emotionally as well. Why not just let thr person die in peace and be free from all the suffering
Re: Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die by FRESHG(m): 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
lonelydora:
The doctors were doing their jobs, but i hope they have the written consent for the Euthanasia. I
GBAM! IT IS CLEARLY STATED IN HIPPOCRATIC OATH

1 Like

Re: Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die by CarGuide: 12:50am On Nov 24, 2018
Re: Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die by mechanics(m): 5:09am On Nov 24, 2018
Euthanasia is a sin against God.
Re: Three Doctors Sued For Helping 38-Year-Old Mental Patient To Die by sonnie10: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2018
lonelydora:
The doctors were doing their jobs, but i hope they have the written consent for the Euthanasia. I
Exactly the point here. For an incompetent patient, more than one legal representatives are needed to make such decision, usually a family member but not necessarily.
In all cases the power of attorney to make medical decisions must be clearly written. It's less complicated if the patient was well and appointed these persons themselves.
Things get a little tricky in the case of adult patients who have long history of being incompetent.
Could doctors assume autonomy in the absence of a third party? Certain provisions are made to mitigate this. Usually more than one doctor is required to approve the procedure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Find My Son’s Killers, Father Begs Police, Obiano / Serial Robber Nabbed For Stealing Less Than A Month After Prison Release. Photos / Armed Men In Sapele Kidnap Widow With 3 Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.