Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA (18608 Views)

3 University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Students Graduate With Perfect CGPA Of 7.0 / Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style! / 46 Medical Nigerian Students Graduate From Howard University, USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by simplebb: 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2018
PythonDancer:

The guy I’m talking about is not a student of futa though . But he had friends there . He said those guys are yahoo boys and they barely go to class . Then he said all of them are in first class .
I was just laughing

The guy is part of the students FUTA rejected as they often take the best in the parks.

They always want to berate the school at any opportunity they have.

Even to get 2.2 in FUTA you will shed blood.
If you cannot read hard or you know you are the lazy type, don't even venture into that zone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by ceeceeuwa: 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
miltonchux:
That's my University, Technology for self reliance. If you know, you know. Futarian graduates are smart. And for those that thinks they buy grade in Futa. Send your wards here. They will testify.
Catch you... grin
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
NairaMaster1:

You think everyone is dull like you? Go close to first class graduate to see for yourself.

Or you think everyone attended UBE class of pre uni?

First class this, graduate that
dull like me? lol
I graduated with 4.3 CGPA from one of those schools.
The fact remains the population of FUTA graduates is too small compared to the number of 1st class they produce.
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by lanrezy: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2018
Awoo88:

45 ke?! When I was there, it was less than 25! Seet 5. Saat 5, set with the largest department of about 10 or so. School of earth has 5. The school having QSV, Estate etc have 5

Things have changed bro....
currently we have 45 course
They now have new schools like sch. of computing, sch. of health science

SEET=9 SAAT=8 SET=7 SOC=5 SOS=8 SHHT=3
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by undefeateds: 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2018
Niorte:

Think critically, that 206 is for two sessions. Dividing it into two.. You have an average of 103 first class per 3000 students. That's about 3.5%

Many people commenting here don't understand simple mathematics. A school produce 206 first class out of 6000, you said it is too much. What is the percent of 206 of 6000.

There is no school with rigorous activities and course work like FUTA. We renamed it Federal University of Test and Assignment.
Some call it Federal University of Testimony and Achievement.
Others call it Federal University of Tension and Agony

UI is a learner where FUTA is. I did my undergraduate in FUTA and my second degree at UI.
UI is using old glory. FUTA is no walk over.
i can't stop laughing, u urself u know u are just exaggerating
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by tzoracle: 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
206 ?

Gerrard59 appear here
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by simplebb: 10:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
tzoracle:
206 ?

Gerrard59 appear here

206 out of 6000 (3.43 %) Fair enough.

Two sessions combined together....
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by simplebb: 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2018
zerozz:

dull like me? lol
I graduated with 4.3 CGPA from one of those schools.
The fact remains the population of FUTA graduates is too small compared to the number of 1st class they produce.

Problem ti e niyen. 206 out of 6000, not even up to 5%.

Biko, let us rest.
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Barbilius: 11:10pm On Nov 25, 2018
Niorte:

Think critically, that 206 is for two sessions. Dividing it into two.. You have an average of 103 first class per 3000 students. That's about 3.5%

Many people commenting here don't understand simple mathematics. A school produce 206 first class out of 6000, you said it is too much. What is the percent of 206 of 6000.

There is no school with rigorous activities and course work like FUTA. We renamed it Federal University of Test and Assignment.
Some call it Federal University of Testimony and Achievement.
Others call it Federal University of Tension and Agony

UI is a learner where FUTA is. I did my undergraduate in FUTA and my second degree at UI. Na
UI is using old glory. FUTA is no walk over.
Lol, ui is using old glory yet Times higher education ranking placed it among the top 601-800 in the world alongside covenant university, your futa was nowhere to be found, in fact Times does not recognise futa as a university...
Ui is using old glory yet their scholars are one of the most published scholars in the country, an old glory that has the highest number of fellows in the Nigerian academy of science, ditto for academy of letters... If ui is using old glory then futa had no glory, currently has no glory and will never have any glory...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by nerciifmt(m): 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2018
AkureNews:
fewer than 206 students of the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State, have bagged first class degrees from the institution.

The first-class students would be among the 6,000 students from various departments of the university, to be awarded bachelor’s degrees at the forthcoming convocation of the school.
The Vice-Chancellor of the varsity, Prof. Joseph Fuwape, stated this while speaking with journalists on Friday.

Fuwape, who spoke through the Chairman of the Ceremonials Committee who is also the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Development, Prof. Phillip Oguntunde, said the institution would combine 29th and 30th convocations for the 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 academic sessions this year.

Giving a breakdown of the class of degrees, the VC said, “ 206 finished in the first-class division, 1,933 with second class upper, 1,875 second class lower, 725 third class and 61 in the pass division.”

https://www.akurenews.com/2018/11/206-students-graduate-with-first-class.html

You didn't specify that Futa is convocating two sets together..that is 2016/17 & 2017/18.
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by HigherEd: 12:24am On Nov 26, 2018
Barbilius:
Lol, ui is using old glory yet Times higher education ranking placed it among the top 601-800 in the world alongside covenant university, your futa was nowhere to be found, in fact Times does not recognise futa as a university...
Ui is using old glory yet their scholars are one of the most published scholars in the country, an old glory that has the highest number of fellows in the Nigerian academy of science, ditto for academy of letters... If ui is using old glory then futa had no glory, currently has no glory and will never have any glory...
grin grin this got me cracking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Bifrost: 12:41am On Nov 26, 2018
kenny1911:
Forget about most of these private universities, it will interest you to know that 80% of them couldn't pass JAMB exams and were not admitted in Federal Universities hence resorts to the private ones if you have the cash.
Meanwhile, at the end of the day, over 50% would graduate with 1st class and get jobs in lucrative places because of the influence/connections of their parent.
I'm talking from experience because I have them in my family

I am sorry, you might be sensible: but this post borders around ignorance and stupidity.
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Bifrost: 12:49am On Nov 26, 2018
ameh99:
Hmmmm....the rate at which Nigerian University turn out first class graduate is really alarming.

I wonder if foreign University turn out huge number of first class like this....

Yes foreign universities turn out as much.
As a matter of fact, in the last graduation at Cambridge as much as 31.7% made a first, while their rival Oxford produced 33.2% of first class graduates. Does it reduce the quality in Cambridge & Oxford universities?

2 Likes

Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Bifrost: 12:52am On Nov 26, 2018
etugba:
Is not about graduating...

hope they dont end up in bet9ja shops..

Did you graduate? Did you end up in a bet9ja shop?

You don't need to berate them to make yourself feel better. A hearty congratulations to these scholars should be in place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by darfay: 4:44am On Nov 26, 2018
zerozz:

not true. those schools are more populated yet they produce maximum 50 first class per session. Im a graduate of one of those.
maybe if I studied in FUTA I would have graduated with first class upper lol

Don't say rubbish. Unilag produces a minimum of 150 First Class student per session
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Gerrard59(m): 4:48am On Nov 26, 2018
tzoracle:
206 ?

Gerrard59 appear here

Makes sense but as we've read, it's for both sessions. Na GRE sure pass afterwards.

Bifrost:

Yes foreign universities turn out as much.
As a matter of fact, in the last graduation at Cambridge as much as 31.7% made a first, while their rival Oxford produced 33.2% of first class graduates. Does it reduce the quality in Cambridge & Oxford universities?

Just to add, Imperial College London had 44% of her graduands finishing with a first class in 2016.

For the bold, thanks for the question.

4 Likes

Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by darfay: 4:54am On Nov 26, 2018
Awoo88:

45 ke?! When I was there, it was less than 25! Seet 5. Saat 5, set with the largest department of about 10 or so. School of earth has 5. The school having QSV, Estate etc have 5

School of earth?

You guys are really sick over there
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by eitsei(m): 5:47am On Nov 26, 2018
darfay:

School of earth?

maybe you are the sick one.... it's school of earth and Mineral Science
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by simplebb: 5:47am On Nov 26, 2018
darfay:

School of earth?

Uncle calm down, It is School of Earth and Mineral Sciences.
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by darfay: 5:48am On Nov 26, 2018
eitsei:
maybe you are the sick one.... it's school of earth and Mineral Science

It even gets worse
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by eitsei(m): 5:51am On Nov 26, 2018
darfay:

It even gets worse
I wish you quick recovery
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Awoo88: 7:31am On Nov 26, 2018
darfay:

School of earth?

You are the sick. Very sick. It is school of earth and mineral resources or something like that

1 Like

Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by omottunde4: 8:05am On Nov 26, 2018
Leave dem dey think say futa na beans, if u can bang first class in futa u can do it anywhere else o
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Niorte: 8:39am On Nov 26, 2018
Barbilius:
I am an alumnus of FUTA and also an alumnus of UI by the reason of my MSc. So frankly speaking, i am in better position to rate both universities as I had gone through their trainings.

UI definitely has more professors and human resources and advantage being the premier university established since 1948. But FUTA created in the 80's are doing well in terms of quality of teaching and robust curriculum.

While I was doing my masters at UI, we students from FUTA became the go-to persons in Slide Design and Presentations. We were ready for seminar anytime any day...while our classmate from UI were always fidgeting.

Most of what we did as course work were repetition of undergraduate work in FUTA. We chat with oyr friends in FUTA and we realised that their coursework was more robust than ours.

Why did we choose UI for masters...we thought it was the best until we got in and realised the grass was not greener as we envisaged. More so, UI systematically favours their own.

I will advise FUTARIANS who are contemplating of doing their MSc either in FUTA or UI to remain in FUTA.

But if you just want to experience a change of environment like me, then you may go to UI.

Until I got to UI, I never knew the value of FUTA.

PS: This may not apply to all departments in the institution. I speak based on my experience in the Department where I was lectured

2 Likes

Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Thatdopekelly(m): 10:09am On Nov 26, 2018
Ojoro
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Barbilius: 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2018
Niorte:

I am an alumnus of FUTA and also an alumnus of UI by the reason of my MSc. So frankly speaking, i am in better position to rate both universities as I had gone through their trainings.

UI definitely has more professors and human resources and advantage being the premier university established since 1948. But FUTA created in the 80's are doing well in terms of quality of teaching and robust curriculum.

While I was doing my masters at UI, we students from FUTA became the go-to persons in Slide Design and Presentations. We were ready for seminar anytime any day...while our classmate from UI were always fidgeting.

Most of what we did as course work were repetition of undergraduate work in FUTA. We chat with oyr friends in FUTA and we realised that their coursework was more robust than ours.

Why did we choose UI for masters...we thought it was the best until we got in and realised the grass was not greener as we envisaged. More so, UI systematically favours their own.

I will advise FUTARIANS who are contemplating of doing their MSc either in FUTA or UI to remain in FUTA.

But if you just want to experience a change of environment like me, then you may go to UI.

Until I got to UI, I never knew the value of FUTA.

PS: This may not apply to all departments in the institution. I speak based on my experience in the Department where I was lectured
Well I guess that would be a department in the faculty of technology. Like I use to say, ui is really not that good in engineering.. Anyway, stop trying to make it seem like futa has a top notch postgraduate curricula or something, we have heard testimonies of people that postgraduate studies in Nigeria is thrash, so because you were taught UG course during pG doesn't mean such does not exist in futa as well, afterall this is Nigeria.. Peace!!
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Niorte: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
Barbilius:
Well I guess that would be a department in the faculty of technology. Like I use to say, ui is really not that good in engineering.. Anyway, stop trying to make it seem like futa has a top notch postgraduate curricula or something, we have heard testimonies of people that postgraduate studies in Nigeria is thrash, so because you were taught UG course during pG doesn't mean such does not exist in futa as well, afterall this is Nigeria.. Peace!!
Your guess was right. It was faculty of technology.

As regards the UG courses, you might not understand what I meant, and I wouldn't want to elaborate further on this platform. Peace!
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Barbilius: 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
Niorte:

Your guess was right. It was faculty of technology.

As regards the UG courses, you might not understand what I meant, and I wouldn't want to elaborate further on this platform. Peace!
OK... But what I'm just trying to point out is that your experience there doesn't mean ui rest on past glories, to the best of my knowledge aworld class university do not necessarily have the best programs in all its faculties, so ui's Achilles hill being engineering doesn't shrink its glory one bit after all, after all Harvard university has an engineering school but it's not well known unlike its business, medical, and law schools and that doesn't stop it from being a world class institution... Shalom!!
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by Niorte: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
Barbilius:
OK... But what I'm just trying to point out is that your experience there doesn't mean ui rest on past glories, to the best of my knowledge aworld class university do not necessarily have the best programs in all its faculties, so ui's Achilles hill being engineering doesn't shrink its glory one bit after all, after all Harvard university has an engineering school but it's not well known unlike its business, medical, and law schools and that doesn't stop it from being a world class institution... Shalom!!
You're right.
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by davbravo(m): 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
ameh99:
Hmmmm....the rate at which Nigerian University turn out first class graduate is really alarming.

I wonder if foreign University turn out huge number of first class like this....
They even graduate more than we do here
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by davbravo(m): 8:03pm On Nov 26, 2018
kenny1911:
I wonder how these days graduands make 1st class in large numbers, something is not right here. In my days back then in the early 2000, there were just 3 first class during our convocation in one of the Federal Universities in the South South.
Maybe the quote below is/are the reason(s).

seems there were a lot of saddist lecturers back then... 206 first class (just 3.4%) out of 6000 isn't all that bad
Re: 206 Students Graduate With First Class In FUTA by VESSEL1111: 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
No matter what don't still compare u. I to Futa...... Dey no b mate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father / ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige / UNIOSUN Students Brutalised By Air Force Officers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.