Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father (18545 Views)

Anambra State Government’s Position On JAMB/Mmesoma Ejikeme Matter / JAMB releases Mmesoma Ejikeme original result / Mmesoma Ejikeme Opens Up After JAMB Accused Her Of Forging JAMB Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by jumper524(m): 8:01am On Jul 05, 2023
Ejikeme Romanus, the father of Miss Mmesoma Ejikeme, who was accused of falsifying the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) by the Joint Administration and Matriculation Board (JAMB) said there is no plans to sue the board.

The father of the controversial student disclosed this in an interview with The Nation on Tuesday.

Ejikeme Romanus, who denied plans to seek redress in court, said media reports that the family had dragged JAMB to court, demanding N20 billion over alleged misrepresentation of facts were not true.

The reports alleged that while seeking a court injunction, Mmesoma sought a restraining order on JAMB and any of its personnel from issuing any further comments on the alleged forged results till further notice.

Ejikeme said the family was not contemplating engaging the services of any lawyer, but would leave the matter to God who he said is the only person that can grant them justice.

He insisted that his daughter had been exceptionally brilliant from nursery school, stressing that linking such individual to forgery was unfortunate.

According to him, “I’m a commercial motorcyclist but majorly a musician. We moved to Nnewi three years ago from Oba. But my daughter did her primary school in Ogbunike central school where she was toping her class till she moved over to Oba where she still maintained first position.

“When we relocated to Nnewi and had to transfer her to her present school, her teachers and classmates in Oba school were calling her, crying that her absence was affecting the school because she used to represent the school in various competitions.

“The principal even called me requesting to be paying for my daughter’s transport to and from Nnewi to be attending her school. But I declined the offer. That’s to tell you the extent they cherished my daughter due to her extraordinary performance.

“Meanwhile, she doesn’t pride in her performance because it’s not anything to her. Mmesoma has always been a hardworking and studious student who doesn’t joke with her studies. She entered the present school from SS1 after writing her junior WAEC in Oba. Her results are there for anyone to see. It’s a public school.

The 362 score she got is what she saw in the SMS sent to her by JAMB, after sending her code to the portal. That’s the same score she had been parading with for over two months before this controversy came up.

Describing a deliberate delay by JAMB in releasing the authentic results of the highest scorer, Ejikeme urged the exam body to stop defending itself and tell the whole world the truth.

He added, “I’m surprised that JAMB kept quiet all these while until now they came up with another result. But what I’ve discovered as a father is that JAMB deliberately delayed coming up with the allegations so as to come up with something they would use to defend themselves.

“The new score they’re claiming my daughter got is not her result. It’s unfortunate that the same people that supposed to offer her an award for coming out top are pulling her down.

“My daughter has been weeping all these while and we’ve been consoling her that nothing is too hard for God to do. She’s not happy that her result was not only altered but she’s being falsely accused for what she did not do.

“How can they accuse my daughter of such allegations when she doesn’t work with JAMB? When journalists come to interview her, one of the questions I asked them is does the person you’re interviewing look fraudulent? For me, it’s only a dullard that can engage in such a crime.

“My daughter studies so hard that even when you ask her to go to bed late in the night, she will insist on reading more. Because she wants to study Medicine and Surgery, she rarely sleeps, especially during exams. So after all the stress, someone will say her result was forged.

“On what we intend doing, there’s nothing else we can do than to insist JAMB should tell us the truth. They should stop defending themselves and tell the whole world the truth. Even if my daughter is asked to sit for this exam repeatedly, I’m sure she will still come out best. She’s my daughter. She has never taken second in class.

“Besides, all my children, two girls and boys are all brilliant. You can go and inquire from their teachers if you so wish. Just that we don’t make noise about it, just like I earlier said. Even the Soludo panel setup should go ahead with the investigation. I’m not ready to engage the services of lawyers, let justice be done.”

Also speaking, Mrs. Uchekwukwu Edum, Principal of Anglican Girls Secondary School (AGSS), Nnewi, where Miss Mmesoma Ejikeme is studying, expressed surprise at the announcement discrediting her score.

She said the school was still awaiting the outcome of a detailed investigation by the Department of States Services (DSS) when the news of the alleged forgery was broken on Sunday.

She said, “We’ve been at DSS to make statements, and waiting for investigation. I was surprised that no one heard from us, only for JAMB to make an announcement discrediting our student.

“All I can tell you is that we were in school when they (students) were scratching and checking their results. The first person had 295, another person had 265, and so on. We were still on it when Mmesoma came and brought her own result, and it was 362 and we requested that she brings evidence and when she did, we rejoiced with her.

“So, later we heard that there was someone (from another school) who got 360 and that she was the highest, so we had to call the education secretary in the diocese.
Our school is a mission school, so we decided there was a need to reach out to the commissioner on this. So the commissioner called JAMB, and they said there was no such thing, and that was confusion number one.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/alleged-forgery-no-plans-to-sue-jamb-mmesoma-ejikemes-father/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by Macphenson: 8:02am On Jul 05, 2023
okoo
Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by geesilver(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2023
Somebody knew more than what we all know about this case .... it's either JAMB or the alleged victim

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by TemplarLandry: 8:04am On Jul 05, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by jumper524(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2023
The father is still not aware that his daughter fooled him and many others.
She's parading an old result template that can be easily forged, a result jamb stopped using in 2021 due to the facts that's its easily forged.

It's not about tribal affiliation, if she had the modern template of result, she might have a case, we might call it witch hunting or jamb glitch but it's clearly not it.
Every reasonable person knows its fraudulent and I can bet it no lawyer would take up the case, forget all these media stories of lawyers trying to catch up with clout.

225 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by jumper524(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2023
geesilver:
Somebody knew more than what we all know about this case here.... it's either JAMB or the alleged victim
Bros that result template she parades is no longer issued by jamb, its not even a high case forgery.
If she had used the modern template we can then call it jamb glitch, witch hunt or maybe fraud.

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by christejames(m): 8:09am On Jul 05, 2023
That's the right thing to do for now, the girl should be taken away from the spotlight for now because of her mental health.

On a special note😡, I would like to call out the overzealous moderator that banned me even when I never flouted any of their 'useless' rules which they themselves don't adhere to, may Tinubu and Nigeria happen to that moderator. 😡

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 05, 2023
Jamb have to parade her as a criminal that she is.

The father need to charge for rising and defending a criminal, he is an accomplice.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by HugeElephant(f): 8:18am On Jul 05, 2023
If you dont catch the thief on time, the thief will catch you.
Imagine the fraudsters saying they want to sue JAMB

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by ronalmagic10(m): 9:17am On Jul 05, 2023
This man don carry those obi.dots people under 0.5 and G G

Wahala Wahala wahala

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by AfonjaEkiti: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2023
The man has no backup/large funds I don't blame him .

Now the APC wailers can rest and show us the certificate.

Primary school, secondary school,Waec or even the Chicago certificate of the cocaine sniffing caterpillar.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by slawomir: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Make them die this matter ...the girl fit nor even be part of this whole thing

Maybe this whole thing is the hand work of one guy man in that girls family trying to cash out shaperly by taking advantage of this girl intelligent if at all the fault is not from jamb

Because I have seen someone scored 190 and after two weeks the person checked and saw 201

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by STRI1: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2023
Christianity should be banned

Christianity is a cancer to the world.

Christianity should be avoided like a plague.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by inoki247: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2023
Lol this people just disgrace dem sef....

Dem wan use victimization bully Jamb....

People still defending the girl that Jamb wants to force her into submission so they can remove the ban continue....

Jamb av given different technicalities to spot a Fake results and nobody as ever come online to tell us that Jamb is still using that template if there's a Network glitch how come her template is different from other people own and the barcode doesn't tally so what else are you still justifying....

People saying the authority should get involved if they get involved and pack everybody and also found out the girl knows about it and she's 19 already you people will still come online to cry victimization play the Tribal card...

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by Brendaniel: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2023
OK, I'm not in support or against the girl or Jamb, but however Jamb could have handled the matter better than they did, I feel they shouldn't have been accusing the girl directly of forging her result, the moment they started doing that they whipped up emotions of people who came to support her, like how how would old and matured men be accusing a young girl who they were not sure if she was involved in any forgery at all.

They should have simply said they did not know where she got the result from and that they sympathize with whatever trauma she has experienced getting a fake result, that they have investigated it and the error did not come from their end....

But to come on live TV and be accusing a small child of forgery without concrete evidence of her involvement is harsh

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2023
We don't know who is telling the Truth, Jamb or Mmesoma. Na only FBI fit do this kind investigation and unravel the mystery.
Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by MorataFC: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
We don't know who is telling the Truth, Jamb or Mmesoma. Na only FBI fit do this kind investigation and unravel the mystery.
If with all this evidence we have seen and heard from different quarters and you still don't know who is telling the truth, then I'm sorry for u.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by Flets: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2023
Nigerians have to be the easiest people to distract. Immediately EU issued her report on the fraudulent election, APC led FG had to quickly come up with a distraction (and it had to be tribally laced). JAMB invites DSS to investigate a secondary school student..... BOOM!!!

And lest we forget

1. FG to tax market traders and informal sector (Lagos agbero goes national)
2. FG to extract annual payment for car proof of ownership
3. 7.5% VAT on diesel implemented
4. Fuel subsidy removed; Fuel price to sell for over 700 naira per liter
5. FG to tax carbonated drinks
6. Inflation at a high; hyperinflation projected
7. Electricity tariff hiked
8. Funding for tertiary education removed, University tuition increased to 300K+
9. Naira devalued and continues to lose value on all fronts
10. Seaport Terminal Operators Jack Up Cargo Handling Charges By 45%
11. Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40%
12. Bread Producers Serve Notice Of Imminent Hike In Prices
13. Same old politicians lined up to continue the looting
14. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO HELP SUFFERING NIGERIANS

Meanwhile
15. FG Votes ₦24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation
16. Elected Politicians, Judges Set To Get 114% Salary Raise
17. Sacked service chiefs offered luxurious retirement package and SUVs

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by MorataFC: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2023
HugeElephant:
If you dont catch the thief on time, the thief will catch you.
Imagine the fraudsters saying they want to sue JAMB
na so grin

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by HugeElephant(f): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
Whose headache

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by olatunji0607: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
Sue JAMB at your own risk!!!

14 Likes

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by rxmusa(m): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
JAMB has put forward all facts that clearly showed the girl indeed forged her result. The girl and her cohorts edited a 2021 notification of result and claimed to be from the JAMB portal, unfortunately for her, that notification of result has ceased to be in use since 2021.

Real Lawyers have advised the father not to put himself in trouble, it means the father has now realised what his daughter did.

It wasn't the whole JAMB that swallowed 36million but an individual made the claim which was proven to be false by JAMB itself.

The audit that led to the shocking discovery was initiated by this JAMB registrar in order to sanitise the board, he indeed tried his best and is still trying.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by fredoooooo: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
What if jamb sue you ?

6 Likes

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by barojana: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
Xd
Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by Landmine1: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
What a nation. You know your nation has failed you and itself , when an organization drags a 17 year old over her result, because of a technical glitch on their part. If she is guilty why hasn’t she been prosecuted?

But leave it to the spectators to decide what is going on based on their myopic views.

Country of tribalism and hatred.

The level of tribalism and hatred in that country will be the doom of the country. Look at the comments here, and look at the people who are trying to survive. The politicians have successfully sown that seed of discord among families and supposed united brothers . Hence all this.

The hatred had already always been there but it was heavily shown to other African countries, in the pretense of banters. Nigeria jellof, Ghana must go, Xenophobia. The goal now should be to severe ties with this country and build a future for your children elsewhere. This hatred can only last so long before it blows out to war.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by Skygeneral1: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
chidiokay:
For those that will give it coloration

Both are GURLs, 1st and 2nd

Both are IGBO, Anambra

None comes from a rich family or related to Tinubu or APC, i just have to add that becos some people are very Sick.

grin
Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by mytime24(f): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
This matter on NL don pass election period
Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by Lincton: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2023
Shai
Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by enemyofprogress: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2023
You no fit sef. Unless you wan smell your yansh

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Forgery: No Plans To Sue JAMB – Mmesoma Ejikeme’s Father by Hardy123(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2023
Lol grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities / The Polytechnic Ibadan Post Utme Screening Date / Anambra Students Win Science Exhibition:To Represent Nigeria in Croatia & Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.