Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,022 members, 7,828,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot (10172 Views)

Tinubu Battles Intrigue As Masari, El-rufai, Bagudu Jostle For SGF Slot / PDP Last-minute Deal; Cede Senate Presidency To Southwest, Southeast For SGF / 2019: Atiku Targets South-West Votes With SGF Slot" - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 26, 2018
Buhari is just a very lucky man. Each new day throw up favorable political occurences.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by IbrahimDamola: 6:47am On Nov 26, 2018
I thought we yorubas claim we don't put all our eggs in one basket, and insult Ibos for doing exactly that?

Why are we yorubas trying to put all our eggs in dying APC party that is already on it's way out.
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by IbrahimDamola: 6:49am On Nov 26, 2018
emerged01:
Yoruba should not expect anything from PDP. We have been there before so no need to be there again. It's better we with stick with APC.

So why were we asking for PDP VP slot, was it just to spite Ibos?
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by AmazingELixir: 6:51am On Nov 26, 2018
lipsrsealed

BMC inspired propaganda thread with the sole intentions of causing disaffection!
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Abfinest007(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2018
this is like counting ur chic b4 it is hash .this kind of agitation can even mak atiku to lose
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by danot1030: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2018
Sw does not need Atiku/pdp positions.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Babs91: 7:06am On Nov 26, 2018
We don't need anything from Atiku or PDP. We rather stick to Buhari/Apc who has given us VP and all juicy minister. I rep Omoluabi. quote author=odiks post=73306401]Southsouth is lobbying for Secretary to the Government of the Federation( SGF) from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

With the development, the Southwest, which is demanding the SGF’s seat, may lose out if PDP and Atiku bow to the Southsouth pressure.

Atiku has promised to concede the position to the Southwest as re-echoed recently by ex-Governor Gbenga Daniel, who was the Director-General of the now disbanded Atiku Campaign Organisation.

Some Southsouth leaders and ex-militant leaders in the Niger Delta are behind the lobbying.

They believe no other post could assuage their marginalisation than the SGF slot, The Nation learnt.

The leaders, especially the former Niger Delta warlords, are said to be insisting that they will not play second fiddle if PDP returns to power in 2019.

Their position is said to be the outcome of a recent meeting between some South-South opinion leaders and ex-militant coordinators.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “We have a fresh challenge at hand because the Southsouth wants the SGF slot in a move which may alter pre-primaries negotiation with the Southwest.

“This demand from the Southsouth is part of the intrigues surrounding the ongoing horse-trading in PDP. Every geopolitical zone is interested in what PDP and Atiku will offer it.

“So far, neither the PDP nor Atiku has been forthcoming on the positions to concede to the South-South.

“What the South-South leaders are saying is that they will not wait till after the election before knowing PDP’s and Atiku’s plans for their zone. And it is more complex because ex-militant leaders are collaborating with respected leaders from the Niger Delta in this latest agitation.”

Atiku’s camp, however, said it is too early to jostle for positions when a big battle is ahead.

One of Atiku’s strategists, Mr. Phrank Shuaibu, said: “The party has already done its zoning and that was why it’s presidential candidate came from the north. The candidate does not intend to alter the decision of the party unless the party decides otherwise.

“We regard these remarks as permissible conjectures, allowable agitations or gambits that can be used for negotiations, particularly now that it is becoming obvious by the day that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the PDP is a clear favourite to win the 2019 presidential election.

“However, the truth of the matter remains that it is still early in the day to firmly allocate certain sensitive positions at the national level when the real battle ahead is to defeat and dismiss President Muhammadu Buhari and his APC Government at the centre.

“The discussions on the issue of power sharing and ethnic balancing are an evolving conversation and negotiation. Nothing is static or written in gold or even cast in stone.

“ Realistically, it is the party leadership that will have the final say on such matters and discussions are ongoing.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-southwest-may-lose-southsouth-lobbies-pdp-atiku-sgf-slot/[/quote]
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by AmazingELixir: 7:09am On Nov 26, 2018
HardMirror:
Nigerians are gullible. What has vp osinbajo from sw done specifically for sw? We scream one nigeria yet play politics of tribalism and bigotry. It is better we divide as long as we play tribalistic politics

What he has done is to convert the official office of the vice president to Afonja community town hall, that's all they do there speak their dialect all day in their usual loud manner.

If he is not chairing a community meeting he goes round the country speaking big grammar while the nepotic king goes about unabated in entrenching the Fulani caliphate by appointing his kins men to head practically all federal government parastatals of importance.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Guyman02: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018
Even before reading I suspected that this story is from Tinubu paper The Nation and I was not disappointed cheesy grin
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018
rxmusa:
Mtsw! Southwest don't need any SGF when they already have VP and other key appointments.

Keep deceiving yourselves

So how has those key appointments benefitted your life? Or what have u gained from osibanjo as a vp? Brainless afonja
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by emerged01(m): 7:32am On Nov 26, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

So why were we asking for PDP VP slot, was it just to spite Ibos?
what do you expect me to say bro?
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by NonsoWow: 7:36am On Nov 26, 2018
Even south south no longer trusts atiku. Where will he get his bloc votes from?
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by selectedhero(m): 7:43am On Nov 26, 2018
A whole region being politically naive would be a disaster. Never count your money till the game is done. For all those shouting SW does not need SGF, repeat that statement by January 2019 then I will believe you.
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by pascal1993(m): 7:50am On Nov 26, 2018
If the military men and other forces will reject buhari...then he should forget it. I was surprise when I heard a police man saying we r tired of this man. Hmm the suffering even affected them. God will help us all. This tribalistic man must go
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by OmoEpe(m): 8:07am On Nov 26, 2018
HardMirror:
Nigerians are gullible. What has vp osinbajo from sw done specifically for sw? We scream one nigeria yet play politics of tribalism and bigotry. It is better we divide as long as we play tribalistic politics

Good question
1) Lagos ibadan express road construction going at a commendable speed
2) Lagos ibadan fast rail track to be operational First quarter 2019
3) Lagos abeokuta road construction on an overdrive to be completed next year
4)Apapa express road construction kicking off now all the way to the former toll gate at 7up
5) Ikorodu Shagamu express road dualisation presently ongoing
6) Handing over of the National Stadium, Airport road and State house marina to Lagos state
7)Repayment of over #50b owed Lagos state for work done on federal roads just last week

I can go on and on just taking Lagos not even other SW.
SW has NEVER had it this good in terms of federal government intervention and projects, you must think we are dummies to leave that for SGF that isn't even sure. Take it or leave it SW is on lockdown for APC

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by OmoEpe(m): 8:11am On Nov 26, 2018
Metuh:

How has it profited you and your family members oponu

Iwo gangan ni Oponu ti o n fi owo osi juwe Ile baba e

Lagos ibadan express road construction going at a commendable speed
4)Apapa express road construction kicking off now all the way to the former toll gate at 7up
6) Handing over of the National Stadium, Airport road and State house marina to Lagos state
7)Repayment of over #50b owed Lagos state for work done on federal roads just last week

SW has NEVER had it this good in terms of federal government intervention and projects, you must think we are dummies to leave that for SGF that isn't even sure. Take it or leave it SW is on lockdown for APC

1 Like

Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Metuh: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2018
OmoEpe:

Iwo gangan ni Oponu ti o n fi owo osi juwe Ile baba e

Lagos ibadan express road construction going at a commendable speed

How has it benefited you and your family members? oponu

Answer me
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2018
sagio09:
Chaiii dix lyf. Atiku don start to dey share post even b4 election don hold(Atiku is really desperate) . He's even seeing himself as the winner. How can i even be d vice president, holding various strategic ministerial nd MDGs posts, being among those dictating nd steering the current affairs of the Nation nd also having a clear cut of being the president by 2023 through APC nd still support any oda party for mere *SGF. This is an insult to those who have brain nd the yoruba nation at large.
Did you just called SGF a mere post? I bet you don't know how important that post is. Though i don't know much about how strong it is at federal level but an SSG in a state is more powerful than Deputy Gov go and make your confirmation. Forget abt the ranking stuff.
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by OmoEpe(m): 8:29am On Nov 26, 2018
Metuh:

How has it benefited you and your family members? oponu

Answer me

Your OWN FAMILY won't use those roads, they won't use the trains between ibadan and Lagos, they won't ever go to the National Stadium to watch football when Lagos State Govt finishes the stadium?

Se o ri wipe o ponu gidigan. Alainironu somebody

1 Like

Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Metuh: 8:58am On Nov 26, 2018
OmoEpe:

Your OWN FAMILY won't use those roads, they won't use the trains between ibadan and Lagos, they won't ever go to the National Stadium to watch football when Lagos State Govt finishes the stadium?

Se o ri wipe o ponu gidigan. Alainironu somebody

My family ain't even domiciled in Nigeria, so?

Alailopolo ni e. Tinubu ti fi opolo e gba bòlu
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:03am On Nov 26, 2018
oyin44:
I dont think south west needs SGF from PDP..we rather sticks to APC cause it would profit us the more.

what has it profit you in 3 and half yrs?
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by OmoEpe(m): 9:21am On Nov 26, 2018
Metuh:

My family ain't even domiciled in Nigeria, so?

Alailopolo ni e. Tinubu ti fi opolo e gba bòlu

Omo ale ni ma fi owo osi juwe Ile baba e. You don't have any relative living in Nigeria abi.

Akudaya ara orun ni wo abi?

So because you are a slave outside Nigeria we here shouldn't vote leaders improving the quality of our lives

YOU aren't even qualified to comment on this topic your ignorance is legendary.

Akudaya Omo ale
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by 9gerian: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2018
People keep shouting corruption but take their eyes off it’s more potent cousin- tribalism.

Tribalism is Nigeria’s number 1 enemy, and then corruption having fed fat on tribalism, and lastly religion

Not sure how we are gonna get out of this triangle.

However, we can start with entrenching equal rights and justice, and gradually (gradually underlined) foster true federal system that would force every state / region to put their best foot forward at all times. Then corruption would lose support.

HardMirror:
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by famosh: 10:26am On Nov 26, 2018
Any SW person that votes for the satanic & demonic PDP should be flogged mercilessly & thrown into the canal! If the dumb, shameless thief wins, the SW will be mercilessly taunted by the drug-peddling Igbos regardless of whether the SW votes the thief or not! The SW should be wise!

1 Like

Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by waledeji(m): 10:38am On Nov 26, 2018
weyreypey:
The nation and its Iscariotic storylines.

Face your APC.
You always rant online from morning till late night, are you this jobless?
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by sagio09: 10:58am On Nov 26, 2018
Teedoe25:
Did you just called SGF a mere post? I bet you don't know how important that post is. Though i don't know much about how strong it is at federal level but an SSG in a state is more powerful than Deputy Gov go and make your confirmation. Forget abt the ranking stuff.
Dont say wat u dont know pls. I know what i'm saying, i'm working at the office of the Attorney General of the Federation so i know the precedence hierarchy. U can never compare the Vice president with S.G.F.
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Modarun(m): 11:15am On Nov 26, 2018
Lol. Tinubus the Nation propaganda newspaper wants to missinform Yorubas. the Fact is only the V.P and the Presidency have been shared. The South West will get the Senate Presidency whike the North west gets speakers position.
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by Ovamboland(m): 11:19am On Nov 26, 2018
HardMirror:

Will most of you support Atiku if he had chosen someone from SW or NC as VP candidate?
You only shout tribalism when it's not in your favour, but you desire all the perks of tribalism, you even in insist on ibo presidency or SE time, but to you others must not do it.
Re: 2019: Southwest May Lose Out As Southsouth Lobbies PDP, Atiku For SGF Slot by HardMirror(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2018
Ovamboland:

Will most of you support Atiku if he had chosen someone from SW or NC as VP candidate?
You only shout tribalism when it's not in your favour, but you desire all the perks of tribalism, you even in insist on ibo presidency or SE time, but to you others must not do it.
ogbeni, i am yoruba from osogbo, olurunda local government to be precise. What are you saying?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Atiku Will Spend Billions To Win Presidency - Balarabe / Umahi Reappoints Emmanuel Uzor As SA Fruits, Food Management / Gov. Ugwuanyi Inspects Multiple Ongoing Projects In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.