Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,822 members, 7,824,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani (3091 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by azharuddin: 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2010
‎"The believer speaks little, but does much. And the hypocrite talks a lot, but does little. The believer's speech is wisdom, his silence is contemplation, his gaze is pondering, his actions are righteous. So if this is your state, you shall perpetually be in worship"
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2010
@azharuddin, brother,are you upset,,am not here to cause trouble but the fact must be said,av been used to washing my feet to my ankle because they bracket wash in the ayah,when Allah dnt say so,even though i dnt know arabic,atleast am learning and its the shia that made me know its wrong to wash feet during wudhu,because Allah said wipe your head lightly and your feet to your ankle,meaning theres no wash inbtw but wipe,Allah already grouped the head and feet in one meaning(wipe) except the face and hand to the elbow that needs to be washed

now tell me,do you think the goat ate the stoning verse?
whats the point of Allah protecting it if so?
why do they have to include the punishment in the sharia?
if thats the case,that means we are not implementing Allahs laws correctly,and am very sure the Prophet could not have done that anyway,he cant just act contrary,never
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by azharuddin: 6:14am On Dec 24, 2010
uplawal:

now tell me,do you think the goat ate the stoning verse?
whats the point of Allah protecting it if so?
why do they have to include the punishment in the sharia?
if thats the case,that means we are not implementing Allahs laws correctly,and am very sure Allah could not have done that anyway,he cat just act contrary,never

I am sorry i dont have the knowledge or the deep understanding in Fiqh to answer that question. If I have doubts I ask the people of knowledge, the Imams in my local mosque, who have decades of experience learning Arabic, Quran etc. I DO NOT pass my own opinion, Because what 'I' think is unimportant.

Remember ALL of our word are being monitored by Allah.
May Allah forgive us if we have spoken any wrongful matters with or without knowledge. Ameen.

P.s. Uplawal. I have a personal advice to you, Just take it as from your brother. To heed it or not is your own choice. Sister you are good at heart and you ve a lot of energy and vigour in following the religion. But please be careful while talking. Statements like 'do you think the goat ate the stoning verse?' is degrading and not polite. Please try to be more careful while choosing your word. Saying all this doesnt mean I am perfect or even close to being perfect. I mention this because i ve had really bad experieces with my own tongue, a day do not pass by which i dont regret about it. I just dont want it to happen to you or anybody else. Also try to consult your local Imam on such religious matters. Also please watch this video on Intelectual Humility it really helps :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftp2qRg2xz4

May Allah the Almight guide you and all of us in the right path. Ameen.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
Pls and pls just hold it there,we are all Nigerians and we got feelings ok,so mind the way you pass judgement on people,dnt advise in an abusive way hypocritically,like the guy in the video did,he saying,how dare you,this and that to people,who is he?dnt people have the right to question the deen regardless of whether the know arabic or not?now tell me,why is it that people just get upset with muslims that dnt know arabic well enough?but atleast Allah understand all languages and he has made it easy for the learned in arabic to translate to various languages,thats why people like me can understand whats in ithe deen,if not i wont know jack in the deen,i will just be like not-so-smart person reciting what i dnt know,if you think how i post is no good to you pls that should not be a problem,as far as i know,i for one,am still learning and i have every right to ask and refute any wrong thing said or done okay.i can tell you many muslims just left islam saying cos they dnt understand the meaning,because thier Arabic teacher will tell them is step by step,why dnt they teach tafsir along side memorising,then people will know right from wrong,instead of muslim cramming  from cover to cover then dnt know meaning,whats the point,some will even say they crammed all before 14yrs of age but dnt know the meaning,and when they are hijackedby the christians,those one are so good in brainwashing though,so they end up accepting the lies of the christianity.

Theres are many muslims that are aware of some ridiculous sahih hadiths,and its so ignorant and bad if one cannot address it
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Azarudin,you dnt comment on the wipe your feet,that was changed to wash,would realising it makes someone hypocrite?and if you dnt know,its only Allah that knows the hypocrite,cos he sees the heart
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by azharuddin: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2010
I have already commented on that.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2010
uplawal:

@Azarudin,you dnt comment on the wipe your feet,that was changed to wash,would realising it makes someone hypocrite?and if you dnt know,its only Allah that knows the hypocrite,cos he sees the heart

i actually have a story to recount on this issue of ablution and the wiping of the head and the feet.

i actually go to a (sunni) mosque here in Lagos.the imam (congregational prayer leader) have children who are fascinated by me being shia.they are foreigners (egyptians and sunni) and they boast of their knowledge of the arabic language.

there was one day they were boasting about how far they have memorized the holy Quran.they boast of knowing it in memory from cover to cover.one day as we were talking about shia,one of them actually questioned me:

he asked me why do shia wipe their heads while doing ablution instead of washing.to my amazement that this guy who boasts of knowing the arabic language and says he has read the Quran and memorized it cover to cover is asking such a silly question.

so i replied:i told him that we shia wipe our heads because Imam Ali (as), was struck with the sword on the head and matyred.so in his honor we "wipe" our heads.to my amazement,this guy believed and was content with my answer.he did not know that we wipe our heads because the Quran says "wipe" your heads.and this is the son of an imam of a mosque and someone who has read the Quran and memorized it cover to cover and people admire in Lagos,Nigeria!!!

ofcourse,going through the holy Quran,we read Allah commanding us to "wipe"  literally our heads and feet.and to "wash" our hands (faces).

Allah did not say we should wash our heads and feet.the shia obviously follow what Allah has revealed.but under the disguised of a false "sunnah" which contradicts the Holy Quran,the majority of muslims (who identify themselves as sunni) today do the opposite and actually wash their heads and feet instead of wiping.and they still believe that the shia are wrong while the holy Quran testifies against them and the Quran supports what the shia are doing.

Subhanallah!!!! this is definitely what happens when you are ordered by the Prophet to abide (after his passing away) by the Quran and his progeny who are his Ahlul-Bayt but you refuse the will and command of the Prophet (sa).instead,you took the Quran and abandoned the Ahlul-Bayt and their leadership.instead you love them with mouths and love also their enemies and instead you follow their enemies and abide by what the enemies have taught you.this is the reality of Islam and muslims.it is very sad.how many of you have heard that Umar Ibn al-Khattab threatened to burn the house of Fatima,the daughter of our Prophet?how many of you are still ready to defend him?how many of you have heard that his assault on her house and the pushing of the door caused a nail to injure her which eventually led to her (miscarriage as she was pregnant with baby Muhsin and her) untimely death,six months after the Prophet passed away?

how many of you will still go on to defend Umar and Abu Bakr?this is the reality of Islam.they may have strived and done well when the messenger was alive.but when he died,your books should inform you better of what they did.what they did is unjustified and we are innocent of their wrong actions against the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

how many of you know that folding your arms in salat (prayer) is another bid'a (innovation) that Umar introduced into islam?the Prophet never prayed arms folded.the arms are always held straight down.how many of you know that Tarawih must not be prayed in congregation?how many of you know that Umar introduuced Tarawih in congregation?the Prophet ordered obligatory prayers only to be prayed in congragation.how many of you know that when Imam Ali held the caliphate,he sent out his son Imam Hassan,with a dagger to prevent people from praying tarawih in congregation in the city of Kufah?but they still follow the sunnah and bid'a of umar and have forgotten that of the Prophet!!!

may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon Muhammad and his holy Progeny.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Sweetnecta: 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2010
@LagosShia: Allah didnt say wash your hands. Allah say wash your arms. Finally on washing or wiping, there is no mention of how many times.

It is in the hadith you will find the washing of hands which must include the wrists, for not more than 3 times. It is only proper to do this if you apply wisdom to its possible reason, since people use the bathroom before ablution, anyhow.

Rinsing of the mouth, cleaning of the nostrils, and the ears are found in Sunnah of the prophet (AS).

Muhammad (AS) made more ablution with his wives than with Ali, or Fatima (RA), for it is these wives who continued to see our beloved messenger (AS) as wives see their husbands.

And to the matter of the wiping of "feet", I now ask you, if you took a shower or lost your ablution with socks on, etc, when your feet are bare, do you wash it or do you wipe it? For example when you are making ghusl?

Finally, do you keep your beard and do you wet the beard after you finish your ablution.

Please show me beard and its length in Quran.

And as to the arabs kids in Lagos, are they not children, seeing you as an elderly person to them, they might have trusted your speech. Children are very impressionable. If I am making ablution, and I see a long line of people waiting, unless the salah is 30 minutes away, and its not Jumuah salah with the Khutbah, I will wash my face, and my arms one time, wipe my head from front to back and return and if I am wearing socks, wipe the top of my feet and then wet my beard. This way, InshaAllah I get the benefit of the basic ablution, plus the consideration of allowing others to make their own ablutions.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
@sweetnecta,Allah says wash your hands to your elbow,which ofcourse you will have to wash your arms before you get to the elbow,as for the children of the imam,even if they are still kids,does not mean they cant know basics of Islam,normally if a man is doing wudhu by washing of face,water would get to the beard,because even me as a woman water touches my chin which is part of my face

but why are you still insinuating that Allah says you should wash ur leg,?he says wipe your feet to your ankle,you dnt wipe on socks regardless of any situation,you have to wipe on barefeet to ankle even if you lost your wudhu.do you have to place the hadiths words of man over Quran,sorry you just swayng from one side to another,as to whether you will get the benefit of ablution is not the right thing,Allahu Alam,but its better to follow the Quran,because what is said as sunnah might be wrong,its only the Quran thats right,Allah says he does not want to burden us,and we chose to burden ourselves by washing unnecessary path
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2010
@sweetnecta

why do you like to put words into my mouth and twist the truth?are you not a propagator of misguidance?

who told you that the children of that imam are under age?they are all baligh (above the age of puberty).is it because i used the word "children"?maybe i should have used "offsprings" instead or "sons".

as for the washing of the hands,"uplawal" has answered you right.the Quran says wash your hands till your elbows.you're coming here translating that to arms and telling me i am wrong.you're trying to play with words to make it look i dont know the meaning of hand.

anyways,the issue is not on "washing".the issue is why you dont "wipe" your head and feet as the Quran orders.we are also not talking about how many times you do this or that.just tell us why you disobey and contradict the Quran.tell us whose sunnah it is to wash feet.why does it contradict the holy Quran.

thank you!

note:doing ablution while you wear socks makes your ablution void.you must remove your socks and when rubbing your feet,water must touch your skin from the fingers of your feet to the ankle area.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2010
watch a Shia Sheikh performs wudu (ablution).you can find more videos on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRRD5X7OnPQ
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Lagosshia,The way some people feel about this is that,they take the hadith more than the Quran,its just sad,words that  cannot be 100% correct and they take the correct one aside,and the saddest thing is that,Allah would ask the Prophet on that great day about us,then the prophet will reply saying his Ummah neglected the glorious book, its there in the Quran, is it not a good answer to buclkle our shoes and think right.

Theres also a thread that the sunni always call shia, keferi,i dnt know why?and they will still be the same people saying,be mindful of who you call keferi,some dnt even practice what they preach
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
uplawal:

@Lagosshia,The way some people feel about this is that,they take the hadith more than the Quran,its just sad,words that cannot be 100% correct and they take the correct one aside,and the saddest thing is that,Allah would ask the Prophet on that great day about us,then the prophet will reply saying his Ummah neglected the glorious book, its there in the Quran, is it not a good answer to buclkle our shoes and think right.

Theres also a thread that the sunni always call shia, keferi,i dnt know why?and they will still be the same people saying,be mindful of who you call keferi,some dnt even practice what they preach

i think it is very simple.as the 6th imam says,we reject any hadith that contradicts the Quran.from that you will clearly know something is wrong with that hadith.

i think the problem is not with the hadith.the problem is with people who dont want to think.we have measures to know which hadith is acceptable.the first measure must be that the hadith dont contradict the holy Quran.

as for those who call shia kaffir,Allah will judege them.any human who says and testifies in LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMAD RASULULLAH is a muslim.so whoever want to search the hearts of poeple and declare their faith true or false,is himself committing a sin.Allah knows best who is guided and who is astray.we can only say what we know and understand is true and Allah will guide.

Holy Quran 16:125:
Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth, best who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 25, 2010
the man washed from elbow,he dnt go strictly from hands down to elbow,why,maybe he was carried away,cos the Quran says from hand to elbow
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 2:07am On Dec 25, 2010
uplawal:

the man washed from elbow,he dnt go strictly from hands down to elbow,why,maybe he was carried away,cos the Quran says from hand to elbow

no he was not carried away.the Quran does not say "from hands to elbow".it says wash to the extent of the elbow i.e. not above the elbow.it talks in terms of extent and not direction.

Holy Quran 5:6

[size=14pt]يَـٰٓأَيُّہَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ إِذَا قُمۡتُمۡ إِلَى ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ فَٱغۡسِلُواْ وُجُوهَكُمۡ وَأَيۡدِيَكُمۡ إِلَى ٱلۡمَرَافِقِ وَٱمۡسَحُواْ بِرُءُوسِكُمۡ وَأَرۡجُلَڪُمۡ إِلَى ٱلۡكَعۡبَيۡنِ‌ۚ وَإِن كُنتُمۡ جُنُبً۬ا فَٱطَّهَّرُواْ‌ۚ وَإِن كُنتُم مَّرۡضَىٰٓ أَوۡ عَلَىٰ سَفَرٍ أَوۡ جَآءَ أَحَدٌ۬ مِّنكُم مِّنَ ٱلۡغَآٮِٕطِ أَوۡ لَـٰمَسۡتُمُ ٱلنِّسَآءَ فَلَمۡ تَجِدُواْ مَآءً۬ فَتَيَمَّمُواْ صَعِيدً۬ا طَيِّبً۬ا فَٱمۡسَحُواْ بِوُجُوهِڪُمۡ وَأَيۡدِيكُم مِّنۡهُ‌ۚ مَا يُرِيدُ ٱللَّهُ لِيَجۡعَلَ عَلَيۡڪُم مِّنۡ حَرَجٍ۬ وَلَـٰكِن يُرِيدُ لِيُطَهِّرَكُمۡ وَلِيُتِمَّ نِعۡمَتَهُ ۥ عَلَيۡكُمۡ لَعَلَّڪُمۡ تَشۡكُرُونَ [/size]

"O you who believe! when you rise up to prayer, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows, and wipe your heads and your feet to the ankles; and if you are under an obligation to perform a total ablution, then wash (yourselves) and if you are sick or on a journey, or one of you come from the privy, or you have touched the women, and you cannot find water, betake yourselves to pure earth and wipe your faces and your hands therewith, Allah does not desire to put on you any difficulty, but He wishes to purify you and that He may complete His favor on you, so that you may be grateful."

the verse tells us the extent of washing the arm.it does not specify direction;that is whether or not you start from the hand to the elbow,or you go from the elbow to the hand.

shia wash from the elbow to the fingers of the hand.sunnis wash the opposite direction.this is based on sunnah and hadith and each side believes itself to be right.ofcourse,that can be investigated and the right one proven.one has to be right.i will inshaAllah search for evidence or material to back up the shia way and study it why it must be right.

conclusion:the Quran does not say "wash from your hands to the elbow".it says" wash your hands up to the elbow".in arabic the word "yad" does not only mean your hand.it can also mean the entire hand and arm together.so whether you do it forth or back from the elbow will depend on how the Prophet did it.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 25, 2010
its to the elbow,not from elbow to the hand,so in that case,it has to go from down to up
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 2:30am On Dec 25, 2010
uplawal:

its to the elbow,not from elbow to the hand,so in that case,it has to go from down to up

the elbow is part of the "yad".

it says wash your "yad" up to the elbow i.e. dont exceed the elbow.its like telling you:wash your body up to the neck.now do you start from the feet (below) or do you start from the neck from top?

now when washing your "yad",the question :do you start washing the "yad" from top (elbow) or from bottom (fingers)?from the elbow or to the elbow?so the shia say its from top to bottom and not like sunnis say from bottom to top.the top-most part of your "yad" starts around the shoulder and goes down to your fingers.

the Quran does not specify direction.it specify extent.

regarding this we follow what the Prophet and the 12 Imams did in terms of direction and we believe it is from top to bottom.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Sweetnecta: 5:23am On Dec 25, 2010
@LagosShia: « #41 on: Yesterday at 10:41:58 PM »
[Quote]@sweetnecta
why do you like to put words into my mouth and twist the truth?are you not a propagator of misguidance?[/Quote]May Allah not make me what you said I am. Amin. I didnt put words into your mouth and twist anything. If you assumed that was my view, then its a misunderstanding. I am sure that my intention is not what you say of me and I didnt come across like so. If you are going to teach, teach like Musa (AS), for he was better than you, and the one he was sent to was worse than me.

[Quote]who told you that the children of that imam are under age?they are all baligh (above the age of puberty).is it because i used the word "children"?maybe i should have used "offsprings" instead or "sons".[/Quote]if a 40 year old is talking to a mere boy of 20, can you imagine the impression he will have over him? This was what I was expressing in my statement that you are probably at an advantage over them because of the age difference. Or are a mere baligh, too? Am sure if a 70 year old grandfather is telling you about life, he will probably reduce you to a youth, unless if a person lack manners, then one can do whatever he wants.

[Quote]as for the washing of the hands,"uplawal" has answered you right.the Quran says wash your hands till your elbows.you're coming here translating that to arms and telling me i am wrong.you're trying to play with words to make it look i dont know the meaning of hand.[/Quote]Alhamdulillah that we had forebearers in Islam, who say the prophet (AS) performed wudhu, which they copied from him. They were the sahabah, males and females of them (RA). It was Muhammad (AS) who was the authority in Islam among humans. Then next were his companions (RA). These were the people who transmitted the Sunnah of Muhammad (AS) to us, reaching us today in our present generation. My dear brother LagosShia, since Iran is mostly shia, and am sure you agree with their stoning of women or men who performed Illegal sexual acts and got guilty verdict. As I now want you to show me such a punishment of stoning in the Quran, except it is not there, but it was the messenger who gave such a ruling, as permitted by Allah (SWT). Now the washing of the hands as you stated is the washing of the forearms. Those who say Muhammad (AS) performed Wudhu had given us hadith and none indicated that the washing of the hands are to be combo of finger tips all the way to the elbow. If that is the case, do you wash your hands all the way to the elbow before you wash your face or do you not wash your hands after getting out of the bathroom, but use your dirty hands unwashed or you wash your hands as in ordinary cleaning and you say Bismillah and then start wudhu washing your face, as it is written in the Quran, then your hands all the way to the elbow? How do you do it, sheikh? I want to learn. Maybe you are correct. But I want you to explain to me.

[Quote]anyways,the issue is not on "washing".the issue is why you dont "wipe" your head and feet as the Quran orders.we are also not talking about how many times you do this or that.just tell us why you disobey and contradict the Quran.tell us whose sunnah it is to wash feet.why does it contradict the holy Quran.[/Quote]I wipe my head all the time. I wipe the top of my feet if I wore feet covering when I lost my wudhu which I am renewing. I wash my feet when I make wudhu with showering combination. There is no way you can get your whole feet including ankle completely covered with Wudhu water if you "WIPE" as you said. The following is a hadith about Wudhu. May Allah give us guidance Amin. muttaqun.com/wudu.html - Cached - Similar *

Once the Prophet remained behind us in a journey. He joined us while we were performing ablution for the prayer which was over-due. We were just passing wet hands over our feet (and not washing them properly) so the Prophet addressed us in a loud voice and said twice or thrice: "Save your heels from the fire." [Bukhari 1:164, Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr]
", and then he washed his feet up to the ankles." [Bukhari 1.186, narrated Amr]

[Quote]thank you!

note:doing ablution while you wear socks makes your ablution void.you must remove your socks and when rubbing your feet,water must touch your skin from the fingers of your feet to the ankle area.[/QUote]And the muslims wear Kuff (Leather socks). There is nothing that invalidate a wudhu because you wipe over a covered feet. The same wiping that you are saying is the only acceptable form of making the feet part okay in wudhu! Yet you agree that stoning that is not in Quran is alright in Zina or are you against the Iranian Shia in this? I have read Hadith where the messenger (AS) stated that its okay to wear shoes (Since he wore shoes in salah, except the time the bottom of his shoes had filth), to be different from yahuud who wear no shoes in their place of prayer.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Sweetnecta: 5:41am On Dec 25, 2010
@LagosShia: I watched the shia Imam make wudhu. But he washed his hands as i said first. That was my statement initially.
He just wiped the upper part of his feet.

What happened to the other parts? What does a shia do after sexual intercourse, in the process of making ghusl? He washing wipes the foot the same way, and then wash his body and then washing the feet properly?
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 11:09am On Dec 25, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@LagosShia: I watched the shia Imam make wudhu. But he washed his hands as i said first. That was my statement initially.
He just wiped the upper part of his feet.

What happened to the other parts? What does a shia do after sexual intercourse, in the process of making ghusl? He washing wipes the foot the same way, and then wash his body and then washing the feet properly?

you like to talk and talk off point.

did i say anything about hands and "initially"?

am talking about "wiping" as against "washing".

when he wipes his feet,the feet must have been clean.and if they were dirty he would have washed them and dry them for wudu in order to wipe.he wipes from the finger area to the ankle.

you are now asking me about ghusl.do you want a video of a shia performing ghusl too? grin

i'd find you a book,i can post the link where you will read all these things about what shia believe and how they practice.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 11:55am On Dec 25, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@LagosShia: « #41 on: Yesterday at 10:41:58 PM »May Allah not make me what you said I am. Amin. I didnt put words into your mouth and twist anything. If you assumed that was my view, then its a misunderstanding. I am sure that my intention is not what you say of me and I didnt come across like so. If you are going to teach, teach like Musa (AS), for he was better than you, and the one he was sent to was worse than me.

Ok.may Allah guide us.

if a 40 year old is talking to a mere boy of 20, can you imagine the impression he will have over him? This was what I was expressing in my statement that you are probably at an advantage over them because of the age difference. Or are a mere baligh, too? Am sure if a 70 year old grandfather is telling you about life, he will probably reduce you to a youth, unless if a person lack manners, then one can do whatever he wants.

The eldest of them is older than me or about my own age.i am not in my 40s.am a young man too.please lets don’t assume.

Alhamdulillah that we had forebearers in Islam, who say the prophet (AS) performed wudhu, which they copied from him. They were the sahabah, males and females of them (RA). It was Muhammad (AS) who was the authority in Islam among humans. Then next were his companions (RA). These were the people who transmitted the Sunnah of Muhammad (AS) to us, reaching us today in our present generation.

Well,that is the point of contention.we believe in the farewell pilgrimage and on several occassions the Prophet declared that when he left we should follow the Quran and the Ahlul-Bayt and Imam Ali being the first among the lead.we don’t take the sunnah from any sahaba,except they compliment and accept the lead of the Ahlul-Bayt.there are sahaba we love and listen to like Salman al-Farisi,al-Miqdad,Abu Dhar and Ammar Ibn Yasser (who was killed by Muawiya’s forces in the battle of Siffeen,when Ammar was on the side of Imam Ali).you should read about Hadith al-Thaqalain.even the Quran when read and understood tells us we should follow Allah,the Messenger and “those who give zakat while they prostrate”.that verse refers to Imam Ali (as).he was the one in whose honor that verse was reveal.you can see that from that verse the Wilayah of Ali is alongside that of Allah and the Prophet.in another verse,called the verse of Ulil-Amr,or the “verse of those who have authority”,this verse tells use to “obey Allah and His messenger and those who have authority”.Hitler and Pharoah had authority,would you obey them?likewise Yazeed had authority but Imam Hussain did not obey him.therefore we believe those we should obey that have authority are particular individuals that Allah Himself have chosen and purified as in the verse 33:33.these particular individuals are the 12 Imams from the Ahlul-Bayt.

My dear brother LagosShia, since Iran is mostly shia, and am sure you agree with their stoning of women or men who performed Illegal sexual acts and got guilty verdict. As I now want you to show me such a punishment of stoning in the Quran, except it is not there, but it was the messenger who gave such a ruling, as permitted by Allah (SWT).

I think you should have known me by now.i am not biased.i think for myself.i don’t agree with anyone stonning anyone to death whether that country is majority shia or not.that is really cruel.i read and have a head to use and think.that is me for you.

Now the washing of the hands as you stated is the washing of the forearms. Those who say Muhammad (AS) performed Wudhu had given us hadith and none indicated that the washing of the hands are to be combo of finger tips all the way to the elbow. If that is the case, do you wash your hands all the way to the elbow before you wash your face or do you not wash your hands after getting out of the bathroom, but use your dirty hands unwashed or you wash your hands as in ordinary cleaning and you say Bismillah and then start wudhu washing your face, as it is written in the Quran, then your hands all the way to the elbow? How do you do it, sheikh? I want to learn. Maybe you are correct. But I want you to explain to me.

I tried looking for the book called “introduction to islam”.the book introduces islam from the shia perspective but I could not find it online.i have a hard copy with me.i am going to take time and copy from it the words on how to do wudu.

WUDU:
It means (i) washing of face from forehead to chin and from ear to ear (ii) washing of hands from the elbow to the tips of the fingers,and (iii) to rub once from scalp upto the beginning of the forehead,by the right hand,and (iv) to rub from the tip of the toes to the ankle with respective hands.

In additiona,it is usual and is better to first wash the hands up to the wrists twice.then gargle three times.thereafter,wash both the nostrils three times.then taking water in the right hand and express the intention i.e. “Niyyat” .

When I am doing wudu,this is what I do:
1.) I have the niyyat in my heart that I am doing wudu.i can also express it with words.
2.) I wash my hands upto the wrists twice starting with the right hand then the left.
3.) I put water into my mouth and rinse thrice (this is mustahab)
4.) I wash my nostrils three times (this is also mustahab) and likewise the ears (is also mustahab)
5.) I wash my face from the forehead to the chin and from side to side bordering the ears.
6.) I go back to my hands and wash starting from the elbow down to my fingers (start with right hand)
7.) I use my palm to rub my head from the scalp to the forehead
8.) I rub my feet with right hand for right foot and left hand for left foot.i rubs from the toes to the ankle,up to the back heel.
Then I say shahada and am off to do my sala

I wipe my head all the time. I wipe the top of my feet if I wore feet covering when I lost my wudhu which I am renewing. I wash my feet when I make wudhu with showering combination. There is no way you can get your whole feet including ankle completely covered with Wudhu water if you "WIPE" as you said. The following is a hadith about Wudhu. May Allah give us guidance Amin. muttaqun.com/wudu.html - Cached - Similar *

It is possible for the water to cover everywhere you touch when wiping.i have told you that wiping on the surface of a cloth when doing wudu is not proper.

Once the Prophet remained behind us in a journey. He joined us while we were performing ablution for the prayer which was over-due. We were just passing wet hands over our feet (and not washing them properly) so the Prophet addressed us in a loud voice and said twice or thrice: "Save your heels from the fire." [Bukhari 1:164, Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr]

The washing of the feet is necessary when your feet are dirty.then you must dry them and wipe them when doing wudu.the washing itself of the feet is not part of the wudu.the wiping is.the hadith above can only be true,if they were washing to clean their feet and they later wiped.other than that if the hadith is replacing washing with wiping,then it is going against what the Quran says.

And the muslims wear Kuff (Leather socks). There is nothing that invalidate a wudhu because you wipe over a covered feet. The same wiping that you are saying is the only acceptable form of making the feet part okay in wudhu! Yet you agree that stoning that is not in Quran is alright in Zina or are you against the Iranian Shia in this? I have read Hadith where the messenger (AS) stated that its okay to wear shoes (Since he wore shoes in salah, except the time the bottom of his shoes had filth), to be different from yahuud who wear no shoes in their place of prayer.

I have stated I am against stonning.if you want to wear shoes according to the above hadith,then you have to buy a new pair of shoe each time you want to pray with shoes.also I don’t buy that hadith because when we go to the mosque we take off our shoes.when we do hajj,we take offf our shoe.this has nothing to do with yahuud.in the Quran we read that Allah ordered Prophet Musa (as) to take off his shoe because he was in the holy valley of Tuwa.taking off your shoe is also respect.

As for doing wudu on your socks,that is not wudu.your socks does not pray.when you die,you will not take that socks with you.you do wudu on your feet and water must touch your skin.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2010
i think if you have questions regarding the applied practices of islam according to the shia way,you should read the already answered questions from the sites of the maraji (juris-consults) like Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Sistani,Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Khamanei,Ayatollah Nasser Makarem al-Shirazi etc.you can also send your questions on practical laws to them from their sites.you can also check wikipedia for a "list of shia maraji" and you will find more names there and their websites included. myself,i am not an ayatollah or a scholar.i depend on them for my own knowledge.so its best you too go to a qualified person.

here is Ayatollah Sistani's website:

http://sistani.org/local.php?modules=main
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2010
Based on Fatwas of Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Husaini Sistani

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conditions of Wudhu

The conditions for a correct Wudhu are mentioned as below:

The water should be clean.
The water should be pure (unmixed).
The water must be Mubah, i.e. it should not be usurped. Wudhu with usurped water is not correct.
The container of the water used for Wudhu should not be made of gold or silver.
The container or vessel which contains water should Mubah, unusurped.
Parts of the body on which Wudhu is performed should be Pak, at the time of washing and wiping.
The seventh condition is that the person doing Wudhu should have sufficient time at his disposal for Wudhu and prayer.
Wudhu should be performed in the prescribed sequence.
The acts of Wudhu should be done one after the other, without time gap in between.
A person doing Wudhu should wash his hands and face and wipe his head and feet himself.
There should be no constraint for using water.
There should be no impediment in the way of water reaching the parts of Wudhu.

[size=14pt]How to perform Wudhu[/size]

The conditions for a correct Wudhu are mentioned as below:

Before every daily obligatory prayer it is necessary for a person to do Wudhu (ablution).

Niyyat (Intention):
Niyyat should be performed in ones mind as follows: "I perform the wudhu in order to cleanse myself from impurity and to make myself eligible for Salat, wajib qurbatan Ilallah." It is not therefore necessary to verbally recite the Niyyat.

Washing the face:
The portion of the face to be washed is from the forehead (from the point where the hair starts growing), to the end of the chin in length and its width is as much of the face that comes between the thumb and the middle finger when they are spread (wide open).
Even if the small portion of the face is not washed, Wudhu will be void. As a precaution, one must wash a little bit beyond the required limit. Any dirt on the face (or hands) which may prevent water from reaching the skin must be removed before you start the wudhu.
While washing the face, it is desirable to say: Alla humma bayyiz wajhi yawma taswaddufihil wujuh wala tusawwid waj hi yawma tabyazzul wujuh (O Lord! Make my face bright on the Day when the faces will turn dark. Do not darken my face on the day when the faces are bright).
The face and hands should be washed from above downwards, and if one washes the opposite way, his Wudhu will be void.

Washing the hands from the elbows to the tip of the fingers:
After washing the face, one should first wash the right hand and then the left hand, from the elbows to the tips of the fingers. In order to ensure that each elbow has been washed thoroughly, one should include some portion above the elbow in washing. If before washing his face, a person has washed his hands up to the wrist, he should, while performing Wudhu, wash them up to the tips of the fingers, and if he washes them only up to the wrist, his Wudhu is void.

While pouring water over the right elbow, it is Mustahab (desirable) to say: Alla humma a'tini kitabi bi yamini wal khulda fil jinani bi yasari was hasibni hisaban yasira (O Lord! Give my book of deeds in my right hand, and a permanent stay in Paradise on my left, and make my reckoning an easy one).

While pouring water over the left elbow, it is Mustahab to say: Alla humma la tutini kitabi bishimali wala min wara'I zahri wala taj alha maghlu latan ila unuqi wa a'uzu bika min muqat ta'atin niran (O Lord! Do not give my book of deeds in my left hand, nor from behind my back, nor chain it to my neck. I seek refuge in You from the Hell-fire).

While performing Wudhu, it is obligatory to wash the face and the hands once, and it is recommended to wash them twice. After washing both the hands, one performing Wudhu should wipe the front part of his head with the wetness which is in his hand.

While performing the wiping of the head, it is Mustahab to say: Alla humma ghashshini bi rahmatika wa barakatika wa 'afwika (O Lord! Cover me with Your Mercy, Blessings and Forgiveness).

After wiping the head, one should wipe with the moisture present in one's hands, one's feet from any toe of the foot up to the joint. As a recommended precaution, the right foot should be wiped with the right hand, and the left foot with the left hand.

While performing the wiping of the feet, one should say: Alla humma thabbitni alas sirati yawma tazillu fihil aqdam. Waj'al sa'yi fi ma yurzika 'anni (O Lord! Keep me firm on the Bridge (to Paradise) on the Day when the feet will slip, and help me in my efforts to do things which will please You).

source:

http://sistani.org/local.php?modules=extra&eid=3&aid=40
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Sweetnecta: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2010
@LagosShia: It seems you have no knack for discussion, but yet you wanna teach people. The two must go hand in hand.

I am not a shia and I am not a sunni either. Or for that matter any hyphenated muslim.

The shia Imam in the video you recommended rinsed his mouth and sniffed his nose. Neither of these are in the Quran. I asked myself and I am asking you here and now, why chose to do these two, but without a pair of socks on merely wipe a small section of the foot, leaving the rest dry as a bone?

There was nothing called shia in the time of the messenger (AS), the reason I accept the saying of those who were companions (RA) rather than shia; a group at best that started as Tabi in (ra).

You cant proof to me that Ali ibn Abi Talib made a wudhu different from Abu Bakr. Or Umar. Or Uthman.

You cant tell me that the Shia imam in your video made the exact wudhu as the messenger (AS), considering that the shia imam is not wearing a beard? Or did the messenger did not wear beard, too?
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by azharuddin: 3:10pm On Dec 25, 2010
@sweetnecta
I hope you wont stop washing your feet during wudu bro.

Once the Prophet remained behind us in a journey. He joined us while we were performing ablution for the prayer which was over-due.
We were just passing wet hands over our feet (and not washing them properly)
so the Prophet addressed us in a loud voice and said twice or thrice: [size=14pt]"Save your heels from the fire." 
[/size]

[Bukhari 1:164, Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr]

", and then he washed his feet up to the ankles."   [Bukhari 1.186, narrated Amr]
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@LagosShia: It seems you have no knack for discussion, but yet you wanna teach people. The two must go hand in hand.

I am not a shia and I am not a sunni either. Or for that matter any hyphenated muslim.

The shia Imam in the video you recommended rinsed his mouth and sniffed his nose. Neither of these are in the Quran. I asked myself and I am asking you here and now, why chose to do these two, but without a pair of socks on merely wipe a small section of the foot, leaving the rest dry as a bone?

There was nothing called shia in the time of the messenger (AS), the reason I accept the saying of those who were companions (RA) rather than shia; a group at best that started as Tabi in (ra).

You cant proof to me that Ali ibn Abi Talib made a wudhu different from Abu Bakr. Or Umar. Or Uthman.

You cant tell me that the Shia imam in your video made the exact wudhu as the messenger (AS), considering that the shia imam is not wearing a beard? Or did the messenger did not wear beard, too?

honestly sometimes,when i read some posts my mind just say to me:"dont bother,dont reply"!!!

again let me remind you a golden rule:when a hadith or anyone contradicts the Quran where the Quran is crystal clear,then the Quran will take preference.

You can wash you nose,ear and mouth which the Quran does not order.those 3 are not wajib.do you know the meaning of “wajib”?its not compulsory to wash them because the Quran does not say so.but since they belong the head and the face,we can individually also clean those 3 parts based on sunnah or how the Prophet is reported to have done that.that is called “mustahab” or something you do out of preference or as extra or additional for more blessing just as you would do a two rak’at nafila.if you don’t do 2 rak’at nafila it is not a sin nor would you be held accountable.if you do it,it is extra blessing.

In terms of the “wiping” VS the “washing” issue,the Quran says “wipe” your head and feet.and not wash.if you or anyone wash,you are doing something different to what the Quran says.that is bad therefore.its like the Quran says fast in the month of Ramadan and you decide to fast a complete month in Sha’ban instead.do you now understand?when the Quran make something clear and you do the opposite,then that is not following the Quranic injunction.the Quran says “wipe”!!!

Ofcourse,I have repeated that if your feet are dirty,then wash them and dry them first and then “wipe” them.

I can prove to you that Imam Ali did his wudu differently.there is a hadith (which I would have to search for) where Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain (the sons of Imam Ali) told a man to wash starting from the elbow downwards to the fingers.that is how the Ahlul-Bayt (as) taught  and what we follow.i don’t know how Umar and Abu Bakr did their own.they may have done the same.maybe the difference came much later in time.and I don’t know how your got those differences.

How can you say because a man is not having a beard his wudu is therefore wrong?besides the man in the video does have a beard.watch well.he did not shave his beard completely as with the use of a blade.he trimmed his beards with a clipper possibly.and that is okay and allowed for men to trim their beards (not shave with blade).get your facts straight.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2010
azharuddin:

@sweetnecta
I hope you wont stop washing your feet during wudu bro.

Once the Prophet remained behind us in a journey. He joined us while we were performing ablution for the prayer which was over-due.
We were just passing wet hands over our feet (and not washing them properly)
so the Prophet addressed us in a loud voice and said twice or thrice: [size=14pt]"Save your heels from the fire."
[/size]

[Bukhari 1:164, Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr]

no one is telling him to stop washing his feet if they are dirty.

we are telling him to start wiping them when doing wudu because the Quran says so.

now if you believe yourself so much,dont tell him not to stop washing his feet.ask him not to wipe his feet and Allah will be our judge.the Quran says "wipe".you go ahead and tell him that he should not "wipe".
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Sweetnecta: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2010
@LagosShia: « #52 on: Today at 11:55:30 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 05:23:43 AM
@LagosShia: « #41 on: Yesterday at 10:41:58 PM »May Allah not make me what you said I am. Amin. I didnt put words into your mouth and twist anything. If you assumed that was my view, then its a misunderstanding. I am sure that my intention is not what you say of me and I didnt come across like so. If you are going to teach, teach like Musa (AS), for he was better than you, and the one he was sent to was worse than me.

Ok.may Allah guide us.

if a 40 year old is talking to a mere boy of 20, can you imagine the impression he will have over him? This was what I was expressing in my statement that you are probably at an advantage over them because of the age difference. Or are a mere baligh, too? Am sure if a 70 year old grandfather is telling you about life, he will probably reduce you to a youth, unless if a person lack manners, then one can do whatever he wants.

The eldest of them is older than me or about my own age.i am not in my 40s.am a young man too.please lets don’t assume.[/Quote]I pray that you will learn what is good in Islam during the course of your lifetime. Amin. No one wants to be among the people who the Ayah of Quran where the messenger says to Allah "Oh my Lord they abandon this Quran . . . .".

[Quote]Quote
Alhamdulillah that we had forebearers in Islam, who say the prophet (AS) performed wudhu, which they copied from him. They were the sahabah, males and females of them (RA). It was Muhammad (AS) who was the authority in Islam among humans. Then next were his companions (RA). These were the people who transmitted the Sunnah of Muhammad (AS) to us, reaching us today in our present generation.

[b]Well,that is the point of contention.we believe in the farewell pilgrimage and on several occassions the Prophet declared that when he left we should follow the Quran and the Ahlul-Bayt and Imam Ali being the first among the lead.we don’t take the sunnah from any sahaba,except they compliment and accept the lead of the Ahlul-Bayt.there are sahaba we love and listen to like Salman al-Farisi,al-Miqdad,Abu Dhar and Ammar Ibn Yasser (who was killed by Muawiya’s forces in the battle of Siffeen,when Ammar was on the side of Imam Ali).you should read about Hadith al-Thaqalain.even the Quran when read and understood tells us we should follow Allah,the Messenger and “those who give zakat while they prostrate”.[/b]that verse refers to Imam Ali (as).he was the one in whose honor that verse was reveal.you can see that from that verse the Wilayah of Ali is alongside that of Allah and the Prophet.in another verse,called the verse of Ulil-Amr,or the “verse of those who have authority”,this verse tells use to “obey Allah and His messenger and those who have authority”.Hitler and Pharoah had authority,would you obey them?likewise Yazeed had authority but Imam Hussain did not obey him.therefore we believe those we should obey that have authority are particular individuals that Allah Himself have chosen and purified as in the verse 33:33.these particular individuals are the 12 Imams from the Ahlul-Bayt.[/Quote]Allah purified not only Fatima (AS) among the women, but the wives (RA) of the Messenger (AS), too. I am a married man. I remembered when my eldest child was born. I saw him being wheeled out on the way to the nursery. The nurse said you must be his father. I simply asked where his mother was without looking at him, because to me my wife was a companion, a woman I knew already while I am yet to acquit myself with the infant then. Allah says in Surah taubah verse 117 that the Messenger (AS) and the Muhajjiruun and the Ansaru are already forgiven. There is no other special place that the messenger (AS) was singled out for future forgiveness, yet we know that in Surah Ta Ha, Allah says of him to worship not all night long, but part of it. We know that Aisha (RA) said of the prophet that all your sins have been forgiven even that of the future. Doesnt the Battle of Badr privilege applies to the sahaba, who were the forerunners? They were there before any tabi in. They spent their wealth and self. They gave all. Muhammad (AS) called Abu Bakr "siddiq". Can we call him any less and be just? I don t worship Muhammad (AS). He is my prophet. A human like me. All things that he did worthy of emulation were from Allah. When he made mistakes, like shorten of salah Asr, it was from Allah, also so that we can learn.

[Quote]Quote
My dear brother LagosShia, since Iran is mostly shia, and am sure you agree with their stoning of women or men who performed Illegal sexual acts and got guilty verdict. As I now want you to show me such a punishment of stoning in the Quran, except it is not there, but it was the messenger who gave such a ruling, as permitted by Allah (SWT).

I think you should have known me by now.i am not biased.i think for myself.i don’t agree with anyone stonning anyone to death whether that country is majority shia or not.that is really cruel.i read and have a head to use and think.that is me for you.[/Quote]For me, stoning is practical. My reason for that is that a spouse is betrayed in the worst way, and the emotion is raw. There should not be the same punishment for a spouse who get caught in the act, as that of the unmarried. From your statement, it seems that shia does not actually capture the total essence of Islam, or Muhammad (AS) who permitted the stoning, and even judge the jews of Madina to it? Or are you saying that it was allowed, but you just dont like it?

[Quote]Quote
Now the washing of the hands as you stated is the washing of the forearms. Those who say Muhammad (AS) performed Wudhu had given us hadith and none indicated that the washing of the hands are to be combo of finger tips all the way to the elbow. If that is the case, do you wash your hands all the way to the elbow before you wash your face or do you not wash your hands after getting out of the bathroom, but use your dirty hands unwashed or you wash your hands as in ordinary cleaning and you say Bismillah and then start wudhu washing your face, as it is written in the Quran, then your hands all the way to the elbow? How do you do it, sheikh? I want to learn. Maybe you are correct. But I want you to explain to me.

I tried looking for the book called “introduction to islam”.the book introduces islam from the shia perspective but I could not find it online.i have a hard copy with me.i am going to take time and copy  from it the words on how to do wudu.[/Quote]Anything that was not from Muhammad (AS), I reject it. If Muhammad (AS) did not permit it, predicting it to happen, if it didnt happen while he was alive. Wudhu is something that he performed.

[Quote]WUDU:
It means (i) washing of face from forehead to chin and from ear to ear (ii) washing of hands from the elbow to the tips of the fingers,and (iii) to rub once from scalp upto the beginning of the forehead,by the right hand,and (iv) to rub from the tip of the toes to the ankle with respective hands.

In additiona,it is usual and is better to first wash the hands up to the wrists twice.then gargle three times.thereafter,wash both the nostrils three times.then taking water in the right hand and express the intention i.e. “Niyyat” .

When I am doing wudu,this is what I do:
1.)   I have the niyyat in my heart that I am doing wudu.i can also express it with words.
2.)   I wash my hands upto the wrists twice starting with the right hand then the left.
3.)   I put water into my mouth and rinse thrice (this is mustahab)
4.)   I wash my nostrils three times (this is also mustahab) and likewise the ears (is also mustahab)
5.)   I wash my face from the forehead to the chin and from side to side bordering the ears.
6.)   I go back to my hands and wash starting from the elbow down to my fingers (start with right hand)
7.)   I use my palm to rub my head from the scalp to the forehead
8.)   I rub my feet with right hand for right foot and left hand for left foot.i rubs from the toes to the ankle,up to the back heel.
Then I say shahada and am off to do my sala

I wipe my head all the time. I wipe the top of my feet if I wore feet covering when I lost my wudhu which I am renewing. I wash my feet when I make wudhu with showering combination. There is no way you can get your whole feet including ankle completely covered with Wudhu water if you "WIPE" as you said. The following is a hadith about Wudhu. May Allah give us guidance Amin. muttaqun.com/wudu.html - Cached - Similar *

It is possible for the water to cover everywhere you touch when wiping.i have told you that wiping on the surface of a cloth when doing wudu is not proper.[/Quote]Wiping is a gesture, since Muhammad is the first to be followed, his washing and wiping when necessary must be observed. Kuff wearing preserve the cleanliness of the feet, the reason it is permissible to wipe over it.

[Quote]Quote

The washing of the feet is necessary when your feet are dirty.then you must dry them and wipe them when doing wudu.the washing itself of the feet is not part of the wudu.the wiping is.the hadith above can only be true,if they were washing to clean their feet and they later wiped.other than that if the hadith is replacing washing with wiping,then it is going against what the Quran says.[/Quote]And Muhammad (AS) performed it just like it was stated on top. Is there a better man in Islam than Muhammad (AS)? He was the one given the Quran. He knew the meaning best among humans. He told us the number of rakah for subh salah. But its not in the Quran. To observe the religion of Islam without paying attention to how the one who was told to teach it observed it, is a mistake. There is no tashahuud in the Quran.

[Quote]Quote
And the muslims wear Kuff (Leather socks). There is nothing that invalidate a wudhu because you wipe over a covered feet. The same wiping that you are saying is the only acceptable form of making the feet part okay in wudhu! Yet you agree that stoning that is not in Quran is alright in Zina or are you against the Iranian Shia in this? I have read Hadith where the messenger (AS) stated that its okay to wear shoes (Since he wore shoes in salah, except the time the bottom of his shoes had filth), to be different from yahuud who wear no shoes in their place of prayer.

I have stated I am against stonning.if you want to wear shoes according to the above hadith,then you have to buy a new pair of shoe each time you want to pray with shoes.also I don’t buy that hadith because when we go to the mosque we take off our shoes.when we do hajj,we take offf our shoe.this has nothing to do with yahuud.in the Quran we read that Allah ordered Prophet Musa (as) to take off his shoe because he was in the holy valley of Tuwa.taking off your shoe is also respect.

As for doing wudu on your socks,that is not wudu.your socks does not pray.when you die,you will not take that socks with you.you do wudu on your feet and water must touch your skin.[/Quote]Above you argued that I buy a new pair of shoes, while Muhammad prayed more times in his shoes than not in them. But then you said I can use my socks because they do not pray. Doesnt the tree bow to its Lord, the same Lord I'm going to make salah to? Are my socks not from something from this earth; cotton from trees, or some earthy fiber like polyester? Everything prays to Allah, except man and jinn which are given freewill, to do willingly or not do it. Allah says in Surah Maryam that the earth almost wish to swallow things up for they said evil things that Allah has a son. My dear brother, may Allah keep you and make you big, everything obeys Allah except man and jinn because of freewill. I am certain that as you get older, your viewpoint will get more matured. I did not insult you either.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by Sweetnecta: 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2010
@Azharuddin: My brother salamualaykum wa Rahmatullah.
I will only improve myself in this religion.

I have family that look up to me to improve their religion.

I know that it doesnt apply to the heart to wipe only the top of the foot.

Imagine if you lost your wudu when you are barefooted! You wake up from sleep in the night to make tahajjud.

you clean everywhere, even rinse the moth and clean the nose (neither is in the Quran).

then you wipe a section of the barefoot! I wonder why Muhammad (AS) washed his whole foot?

How do you follow him in one thing and reject him in another?

About 15 years ago, I met one of the Shia sheikh from Egypt. Nice man Tariq Salah was. We fasted together, and many of the arabs in his community thought I am going to be a shia.

One day we spoke about muta, which I was completely against, because in itself is Zina. He said that Allah allowed it, and Muhammad (AS) could not prevent it from happening. When I told him to therefore explain verse 25 of Surah Nisaa because he was saying to me that the "no blame on you of what you mutually agreed upon" in verse 24 above it allows it. Another shia from Virginia was telling me that verse 25 was just below 24 and it could not have abrogated it. My answer which was not much was that there was no proof that they were revealed together. And even if they were, 25 gave a fuller measure to 24, banning such a weakness in sexual gratification which was on going at that time.

Muhammad (AS) is who is my first example. Any other who fails to follow him in any particular issue, I will not follow him. I will stick with Muhammad (AS) till the end of my life. I hope its a long life yet, because I have plenty to do in africa. We have to try to reverse the trend of losing muslims to Kufr for whatever reason. This is my priority, hoping that we can find the means by Allah to effectuate it.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by azharuddin: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2010
Wa alaikum salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.
Sweetnecta:

Muhammad (AS) is who is my first example. Any other who fails to follow him in any particular issue, I will not follow him. I will stick with Muhammad (AS) till the end of my life. I hope its a long life yet, because I have plenty to do in africa. We have to try to reverse the trend of losing muslims to Kufr for whatever reason. This is my priority, hoping that we can find the means by Allah to effectuate it.
Good to hear that bro. We have to be careful while learning new things and while passing it on. I wish i could learn Arabic. Inshallah.
May Allah help you in your Jihad.
May Allah guide all of us in the right path
and bless us with the death of a righteous Muslim.
Ameen.
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@LagosShia: « #52 on: Today at 11:55:30 AM »

Allah purified not only Fatima (AS) among the women, but the wives (RA) of the Messenger (AS), too. I am a married man. I remembered when my eldest child was born. I saw him being wheeled out on the way to the nursery. The nurse said you must be his father. I simply asked where his mother was without looking at him, because to me my wife was a companion, a woman I knew already while I am yet to acquit myself with the infant then. Allah says in Surah taubah verse 117 that the Messenger (AS) and the Muhajjiruun and the Ansaru are already forgiven. There is no other special place that the messenger (AS) was singled out for future forgiveness, yet we know that in Surah Ta Ha, Allah says of him to worship not all night long, but part of it. We know that Aisha (RA) said of the prophet that all your sins have been forgiven even that of the future. Doesnt the Battle of Badr privilege applies to the sahaba, who were the forerunners? They were there before any tabi in. They spent their wealth and self. They gave all. Muhammad (AS) called Abu Bakr "siddiq". Can we call him any less and be just? I don t worship Muhammad (AS). He is my prophet. A human like me. All things that he did worthy of emulation were from Allah. When he made mistakes, like shorten of salah Asr, it was from Allah, also so that we can learn.
I am not going to go over this all again.if you want to read,this has being discussed the in the other threads I started on shia islam.when I was quoting verse 33:33 I was only trying to make a point.whether or not you believe the women like Aisha who would fight the family members of the Prophet in war is also purified and cleansed by Allah,that is your business.i know that the Prophet, Ali,Fatima and Hassan and Hussain and the 9 imams from the children of Hussain are the ones purified and cleansed and the verse of ulil-amri minkum refers to them exclusively.whatever you want to believe you are free.just don’t be a pest.infact I did not mention “wives” anywhere,so I don’t know why you keep repeating like a donkey?do you think the more you repeat the more right you become?what is the use of taking us to another topic?please don’t waste my time,I pay for my internet connection.

For me, stoning is practical. My reason for that is that a spouse is betrayed in the worst way, and the emotion is raw. There should not be the same punishment for a spouse who get caught in the act, as that of the unmarried. From your statement, it seems that shia does not actually capture the total essence of Islam, or Muhammad (AS) who permitted the stoning, and even judge the jews of Madina to it? Or are you saying that it was allowed, but you just dont like it?
I actually know that a shaytan like you will pop up and say “the shia don’t follow the Prophet and the shia are against stonning”.i have made this clear that I personally I am against stonning because it is not mentioned as punishment in the Quran but something else is.i also stated that Iran is shia and they do apply stonning.i said that both shia and sunnis stone adulterers.so why are you here telling us that the shia this and that?

You can believe whatever,I have told you.your sunni islam is beyond reasoning because of the contradictory hadiths that were fabricated to deceive you people and the fact that you don’t want to think.are you not the same ones that say Ashura is for fasting and celebartion and the great Prophet of islam is a copy-cat (auozubillah!) who saw the jews fasting in the month of Muharram and then copied them?all these fake hadiths was perpetrated to distract people from the Ahlul-Bayt and the matyrdom of Imam Hussain on Ashura.you are the same people who do advert and show not to imitate the jews like shaving the moustache and you were just stating some posts back that we can wear shoe to be unlike the jews while even the Quran supports removing the shoe while praying.what kind of people are you? its like your brain is pad-locked.this is not islam.this bad-sahabaism!!!
i will show you another sahih sunni hadith which explicitly says the Prophet “wiped” his feet to counter the one that says “wash”.then you will explain to me how you reached your conclusion to follow the one that says the Prophet “washed” his feet and not the one where he “wiped” his feet.

Anything that was not from Muhammad (AS), I reject it. If Muhammad (AS) did not permit it, predicting it to happen, if it didnt happen while he was alive. Wudhu is something that he performed.
Keep quiet!!!
Did you meet Muhammad in his lifetime?is it not one man called bukhari and muslim that gives you a load of nonsense and say this is what the Prophet and this is what he did even when they sometimes contradict themelves?

How do you accept whether to “wash” or “wipe” your feet,when two contradictory hadiths in your books exist citing both?

Wiping is a gesture, since Muhammad is the first to be followed, his washing and wiping when necessary must be observed. Kuff wearing preserve the cleanliness of the feet, the reason it is permissible to wipe over it.
Na you sabi!
If you like carry iron and cover your feet while doing wudu.

And Muhammad (AS) performed it just like it was stated on top. Is there a better man in Islam than Muhammad (AS)? He was the one given the Quran. He knew the meaning best among humans. He told us the number of rakah for subh salah. But its not in the Quran. To observe the religion of Islam without paying attention to how the one who was told to teach it observed it, is a mistake. There is no tashahuud in the Quran.
So the Quran would tell Muhammad (sa) “wipe” and he would tell us “wash”!!!
You are not well!!!!
You are now doing exactly like christians.the bible says “he is alive”!christians say “he is resurrected”!!!
Subhanallah!!!

Above you argued that I buy a new pair of shoes, while Muhammad prayed more times in his shoes than not in them. But then you said I can use my socks because they do not pray. Doesnt the tree bow to its Lord, the same Lord I'm going to make salah to? Are my socks not from something from this earth; cotton from trees, or some earthy fiber like polyester? Everything prays to Allah, except man and jinn which are given freewill, to do willingly or not do it. Allah says in Surah Maryam that the earth almost wish to swallow things up for they said evil things that Allah has a son. My dear brother, may Allah keep you and make you big, everything obeys Allah except man and jinn because of freewill. I am certain that as you get older, your viewpoint will get more matured. I did not insult you either.
You should tell your socks to do sallah for you while you watch it!!!
You’re now comparing yourself to Allah,shebi?
I said that you should not wipe your socks.you must remove them and wipe your feet.why the laziness?cant you just remove those socks and wipe your feet?

You can read more about wudu and the distortion of washing the feet as introduced by Usthman: (see second link)
http://www.al-islam.org/ritualandspiritual/3.htm#r45
http://www.al-islam.org/shiism/15.htm#_ftn150
Re: Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by LagosShia: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2010
PLEASE READ THIS ABOUT THE BID'A (innovation) USTHMAN,THE THIRD SUNNI CALIPH INTRODUCED INTO ISLAM REGARDING WUDU (the references from sunni sources can be found in the link given at the end of the quote:

Undoubtedly, all Muslims at the time of the Holy Messenger of Allah used to perform wudu in the same way. No disagreements occurred between them since the Messenger of Allah was present among them and all the Muslims used to submit their disagreements to him in accordance with the Noble Quran, “And if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger.”10 The same situation existed during the time of the first caliph, Abu Bakr (11-13H) and no disagreements over the performance of wudu have been reported from that time period either. Similar was the period of the second caliph, 'Umar ibn al-Khattab (13-23H), except for the fact, that he allowed wiping of the socks rather than the bare feet as the Noble Quran directs (5:6). However, the disagreement regarding the performance of the wudu began during the time of the third caliph, 'Uthman ibn Affan (23-35H) when he began to wash his feet instead of wiping them.[150] Al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, in his book Kanz al-'Ummal[151] mentions that the third caliph, 'Uthman ibn Affan (during his caliphate) was the first to differ in performing the wudu. In Sahih al-Muslim[152] and Kanz al-'Ummal,[153] 'Uthman ibn Affan says that during his caliphate, some of the companions of the Prophet who performed their wudu differently than himself attributed their practice to the Prophet. More than twenty narrations—all narrated by the third caliph—are about his new manner of performing wudu. These traditions indicate his establishment of the new method.

Some prominent Muslim historians, such as Ibn Abi al-Hadid al-Mu'tazili[154] regard this trend as nothing new in the tradition of the third caliph since he was known for his numerous innovations (into the faith of Islam). There is a near consensus among the Muslim historians that the third caliph, 'Uthman was murdered by Muslim revolutionaries in 35H. because of political and financial issues. However, other Muslim historians interpret the third caliph's introductions (regarding some of the religious rules during the last six years of his caliphate) as a departure from the tradition of the first and second caliphs. The majority of the Muslims during his caliphate looked at the third caliph as a follower of the first and second caliphs, and the implementer of their practices. Since the third caliph witnessed numerous introductions during the time of the second caliph, and saw himself religiously and intellectually no less than his predecessors[155], thus he decided to depart from the previous policy and have an independent opinion regarding different political, financial, and jurisprudential issues such as, washing the feet during wudu.

http://www.al-islam.org/shiism/15.htm#_ftn150

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Summarize The Quran In One Sentence / Relying On Allah: A Path To Ease And Provision / Ghusul(bathing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.