Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria (73565 Views)

Top 10 Highest Paying Federal Government Jobs In Nigeria & Salaries / Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Macheteros1: 6:43am On Nov 27, 2018
This report is not true. I know very well of Seplat having worked there. That’s not their salary scale for entry level abeg. Even Chevron doesn’t pay that high for entry level.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Icon4s(m): 7:17am On Nov 27, 2018
Xtymaiden:

I was one of the young professionals volunteers at the conference. The young professionals mentorship evening was highly inspiring, I got to talk with few people from the industry. As a fresh graduate of geology in summary I got the hope that everything is possible.
Thanks for putting up yourself to mentor us and rejuvenate our hope.

UWC. If we could do it you guys can equally do it.
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 7:36am On Nov 27, 2018
joshuaidibia:
no. Actually did my IT here, my uncle was impressed and pulled some strings for me
OK,thanks
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by springtech(m): 7:46am On Nov 27, 2018
halimzytohfresh:
will surely work here #AGIP in sha Allah...

wait oo..can a graduate of cyber security science get job in an oil and gas company??

Why not, remember there is a department for Information Technology.
Different companies with different nomenclature for this department.
This department encompasses specialities/professionals like:
Hardware engrs, software developers, SAP experts & Consultants, network & Security, User support services/intervention team, Help desk etc.

Please be informed that these companies employ more contracted personnels than permanent staff.
If you have a staff strength of say 3000, be rest assured that about 2500 are contract staff.

Now,contract self get levels.

Some are mere service contract lipsrsealed while a few are labour contract and each has its own perculiar benefits.
Most times when soveniers are shared, they are shared to every one not minding your category.
Every one is also entitled to meal/meal ticket which you can convert to cash or use for shopping at staff coop supermart.
In some oil companies first oil benefits are given to mostly permanent staff and maybe labour contract.
This ranges from 500k to 3.5m per person.
This is cash shared for producing the first oil at a location onshore/offshore.

Even as a contract staff, if you are not greedy, you are a good manager of resources you can easily live an enviable life I tell you.

All in all,the oil industry is a place to be.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by springtech(m): 7:49am On Nov 27, 2018
joshuaidibia:
wrong. I work in Total E&P in ph and your figure is wrong. I've been here for 2 years now. 25million you say? Lol. You're wrong man.

I sight you
PH office, Onne, Obagi/Obite,Owaza, New pipeyard

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by springtech(m): 8:32am On Nov 27, 2018
elegantslayer:
can't u be of help since u work there

My dear, it doesn't work like that.
Different people with different experiences.

Some get In through contracts given to a 3rd party.
The 3rd party employs them, sends them to execute the job at the oil coy location.
While on the job, they meet with points/key men who takes interest in them, some are seen as being just too good/sound/smart/intelligent to be let go.
Few people like ladies or highly social fun loving guys melt the hearts of an oga who just likes their personality and wants them around so as to frolick together. This happens wella.

As the contract ends, the guy/geh is not let go, the key man finds him a very small, low paying job role that can still be accomodated within the Dept's budget till a better opportunity comes up.

This is where the God factor comes in.

Imagine having a friend within that same department whom you feel should be able to help, he can't do Nada. Because he doesn't have the power. He has superior colleagues who also have their candidates.
All of them just wakes up one day to see that the guy on a 6 momths terminal project is still here even after 2 years.
They all can't contest it because they knew the guy has been around, he is sound, dey love him and to top it up, they might even think he came from another location/dept within the organization.

Long story short, there are several angles to this.

But one thing I can tell you is that these companies do not do long leg thing when it comes to employing their permanent staff.
Once there is opportunity, they advertise it, set up test/interviews or highest they do internal adverts/conversion test so as to convert contract staff to permanent staff.

I keep advising people to be aggressive on job sites especially for the IOCs.
Visit total/shell/chevron/agip etc sites.
From time to time they do skeletal recruitments.
Even if it's for other affiliates outside Nigeria, keep applying.

Last week I saw shell advertising several openings for their Quartar affiliate.

For your information, there are a number of oil servicing firms that psy far higher than oil companies.
Talk of Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker & Hughes, FMC now TechnipFMC, GE OIL, These are the big ones

Then smaller ones like AOSORWELL,Geoservices, Librod, Montego etc also pay well.

Finally,join LinkedIn, ensure you have a very captivating profile on there.
You can pay the right persons to do this.
Go premium i.e pay monthly/yearly subscription, see this as your own investment while you expect ROI.
Now this gives you exclusive access to certain previledges not enjoyed by normal members.
Some premium recruiters are sent profiles of premium members.
Some get called straight from LinkedIn, interviews conducted on skpe ,employment given,I mean foreign jobs.

If you want the above normal,do the extra ordinary too.
Nothing moves until you move.
At least let it be said, that you tried all you possibly can.

All the best to us in our search.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by AlexandriaRich: 8:36am On Nov 27, 2018
JARUSHUB:
Despite the debate about the continued relevance of oil and the turbulence in the global oil and gas industry, upstream oil and gas remains the highest paying industry in Nigeria

In this article, we present the top 7 highest paying oil and gas companies in Nigeria based on our research:

1. TOTAL: Total Upstream (Total Exploration & Production) is the highest paying oil and gas company in Nigeria. An entry level graduate earns more than N25,000,000 per annum as gross pay.

2. CHEVRON: The American oil company pays more than N22,000,000 per annum to a fresh recruit at entry level position.

3. EXXONMOBIL: Exxon comes joint second with Chevron in the ranking of highest paying international oil companies in Nigeria. The IOC pays a fresh graduate, like its American sister, Chevron, pays fresh graduates about N22,000,000 gross per annum.

4. SHELL: Entry level permanent staff at Anglo-Dutch giants, Royal Dutch Shell, starts with a gross pay that is circa N19,000,000 per annum.

5. AGIP: Italian giant, Agip (or NAOC – Nigeria Agip Oil Company), pays entry level recruits more than N18,000,000 per annum.

6. ADDAX: The Chinese multinational oil company is the highest paying non-IOC in Nigeria. It come next to the big 5. Entry level graduates earn not less than N16,000,000 per annum.

7. SEPLAT: The only indigenous company on the list, graduate hires at Seplat gross around N12,000,000 per annum, making them the highest paying Nigerian oil company for entry level positions.
For most of these companies, engineers that work offshore also get extra pay in addition to other performance bonuses.

Source: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria

I think that this info is a very interesting for me because I am interested in economic of Nigeria!
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by springtech(m): 9:01am On Nov 27, 2018
Wiinnd:
Oga do you know any Festus Osifo?? Dark Complexioned gentle man.

Be careful how you call names here please.
Different people are on this platform.

Very nice guy.
Selfless.
Humane.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Wiinnd(m): 9:17am On Nov 27, 2018
joshuaidibia:
Carries a low halfrow hair. He used to work at schlumberger. If that's him, I know him. He doesn't know me sir.
Say no more! You nailed it, no doubt you know him well. We are kinda distantly related, he promised he was gonna help a cousin of mine get in. Since then This my cousin don taya, heard he's always traveling outside the country. Don't really know his job role there or whether he works in top management position.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Wiinnd(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2018
springtech:

Be careful how you call names here please.
Different people are on this platform.

Very nice guy.
Selfless.
Humane.

Thanks! Please help me unquote my initial statement

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 9:27am On Nov 27, 2018
JARUSHUB:
Despite the debate about the continued relevance of oil and the turbulence in the global oil and gas industry, upstream oil and gas remains the highest paying industry in Nigeria

In this article, we present the top 7 highest paying oil and gas companies in Nigeria based on our research:

1. TOTAL: Total Upstream (Total Exploration & Production) is the highest paying oil and gas company in Nigeria. An entry level graduate earns more than N25,000,000 per annum as gross pay.

2. CHEVRON: The American oil company pays more than N22,000,000 per annum to a fresh recruit at entry level position.

3. EXXONMOBIL: Exxon comes joint second with Chevron in the ranking of highest paying international oil companies in Nigeria. The IOC pays a fresh graduate, like its American sister, Chevron, pays fresh graduates about N22,000,000 gross per annum.

4. SHELL: Entry level permanent staff at Anglo-Dutch giants, Royal Dutch Shell, starts with a gross pay that is circa N19,000,000 per annum.

5. AGIP: Italian giant, Agip (or NAOC – Nigeria Agip Oil Company), pays entry level recruits more than N18,000,000 per annum.

6. ADDAX: The Chinese multinational oil company is the highest paying non-IOC in Nigeria. It come next to the big 5. Entry level graduates earn not less than N16,000,000 per annum.

7. SEPLAT: The only indigenous company on the list, graduate hires at Seplat gross around N12,000,000 per annum, making them the highest paying Nigerian oil company for entry level positions.
For most of these companies, engineers that work offshore also get extra pay in addition to other performance bonuses.

Source: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria

/
Entry level positions in what discipline? I know there are different pay scales based on degree, certification, etc.
Perhaps you can share more on the criteria to help those who have interest in Our firms.

I find it difficult to believe that a graduate will earn a minimum of N2m/month salary irrespective of her department.

But then, I could be wrong.
/
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Wiinnd(m): 9:28am On Nov 27, 2018
joshuaidibia:
Carries a low halfrow hair. He used to work at schlumberger. If that's him, I know him. He doesn't know me sir.
Please can you help me unquote my previous question or delete it?
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2018
springtech:

The 3rd party employs them, sends them to execute the job at the oil coy location.
While on the job, they meet with points/key men who takes interest in them, some are seen as being just too good/sound/smart/intelligent to be let go.
Few people like ladies or highly social fun loving guys melt the hearts of an oga who just likes their personality and wants them around so as to frolick together. This happens wells.

As the contract ends, the guy/geh is not let go, the key man finds him a very small, low paying job role that can still be accomodated within the Dept's budget till a better opportunity comes up.

Imagine having a friend within that same department whom you feel should be able to help, he can't do Nada. Because he doesn't have the power. He has superior colleagues who also have their candidates.
All of them just wakes up one day to see that the guy on a 6 momths terminal project is still here even after 2 years.
They all can't contest it because they knew the guy has been around, he is sound, dey love him and to top it up, they might even think he came from another location/dept within the organization.

But one thing I can tell you is that these companies do not do long leg thing when it comes to employing their permanent staff.
Once there is opportunity, they advertise it, set up test/interviews or highest they do internal adverts/conversion test so as to convert contract staff to permanent staff.

For your information, there are a number of oil servicing firms that psy far higher than oil companies.
Talk of Schlumberger, Halliburton, Baker & Hughes, FMC now TechnipFMC, GE OIL, These are the big ones

Then smaller ones like AOSORWELL,Geoservices, Librod, Montego etc also pay well.

Go premium i.e pay monthly/yearly subscription see this as your on investment while you expect ROI.
Now this gives you exclusive access to certain previledges not enjoyed by normal members.
Some get called straight from LinkedIn, interviews conducted on skpe ,employment given,I mean foreign jobs.

so much intelligence in one man, you are wise abeg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Fidelitydegreat: 9:54am On Nov 27, 2018
Am a fresh graduate in Geology and Exploration Geophysics but yet I can't find someone to hook me up to practice my profession
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by hadura29(m): 10:06am On Nov 27, 2018
IamAlexander:

Fabada! Why are you comparing life and death bro... undecided

Upstream companies are in a class of their own..

Hmmm... School bro... Na who no know road dey ask ooo...
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 10:06am On Nov 27, 2018
springtech:

Few people like ladies or highly social fun loving guys melt the hearts of an oga who just likes their personality and wants them around so as to frolick together. This happens wells.

Go premium i.e pay monthly/yearly subscription see this as your on investment while you expect ROI.

Thank you so much for this,but do they employ graduates from poly??
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Cation(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2018
MTN SME DATA , Cheap and Affordable
1 gig - #600
2 gig - #1200
5 gig - #2600

Contact 081//3872//5538. Call, SMS, and whatsapp
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Cation(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2018
MTN SME DATA , Cheap and Affordable
1 gig - #600
2 gig - #1200
5 gig - #2600

Contact 081//3872//5538. Call, SMS, and whatsapp
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by ojmetrix(m): 10:41am On Nov 27, 2018
kimnicki:

I know right!! We go dey alright!!
e go beta this ur pic no b here
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by springtech(m): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2018
elegantslayer:
Thank you so much for this,but do they employ graduates from poly??

They sure do.

There is space for everyone my dear.
Just pray for God to make your own not pass you.

Just 2 weeks about 20 of us were nominated for an advanced fire fighting course, from Onshore/offshore.

When a list of personal details was passed i saw someone with school cert.
I just held my breath.

So my dear, all things are possible.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 11:29am On Nov 27, 2018
springtech:

They sure do.

There is space for everyone my dear.
Just pray for God to make your own not pass you.

Just 2 weeks about 20 of us were nominated for an advanced fire fighting course, from Onshore/offshore.

When a list of personal details was passed i saw someone with school cert.
I just held my breath.

So my dear, all things are possible.
Thanks so so much....will really like to keep in contact with,hope u don't mind
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by springtech(m): 12:12pm On Nov 27, 2018
elegantslayer:
Thanks so so much....will really like to keep in contact with,hope u don't mind

Replied.
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by springtech(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2018
Wiinnd:
Please can you help me unquote my previous question or delete it?

Just modify your post, then delete it.
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by joshuaidibia(m): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
Wiinnd:
Say no more! You nailed it, no doubt you know him well. We are kinda distantly related, he promised he was gonna help a cousin of mine get in. Since then This my cousin don taya, heard he's always traveling outside the country. Don't really know his job role there or whether he works in top management position.
He's a big Man bro, that's what I can say. Na them dey chop the money OP talk.
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
springtech:

I personally don't promise nothing as I don't have the power.
But for advice/counsel/basic tip & info am more than willing.
Drop your digits.
I will pick it up and let you know, the edit your message to remove it so you don't get exposed to wolves on here.

Ka jiko?
Inugo?
I get u,I asked for ur contact based on advice,counse,basic tip and for info just that I didn't know how to put in d right words....will send my num to you through mail...just reply my mail and I will send u my num

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by H2Ossss(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
IamAlexander:

No sir. They are JV partners with NNPC for the joint venture assets and contractors for the PSC blocks... When you won't read except chasing after girls... grin

you sef... you sabi show ya sef ohhh...lol... think say the baba know jv and psc wey u write for there jv na joint venture... oya explain wetin the oda 1 mean... me sef dey learn... I wan get oyel work too...
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Lawalemi(m): 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
kimnicki:
Ejo how can i get job in one of these companies biko?

Most of them are not recruiting lately due to economic reason. Rather you'd hear downsizing and that's the truth
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by chrisifeanyi: 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2018
joshuaidibia:
No sir. I'm a Deltan, born and raised in Ph.

Can we meet Sir? Make I package my CV give u. Even if na contract job. You sef don get connection naa. Abeg. I dey Alcon road. Met/Mat. Engineering.
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by joshuaidibia(m): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
chrisifeanyi:

Can we meet Sir? Make I package my CV give u. Even if na contract job. You sef don get connection naa. Abeg. I dey Alcon road. Met/Mat. Engineering.
No sir, can't do. Doesn't work like that.. I'm sorry. Try to understand. It's just reality. I wish you all the best

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by salford: 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
abnot:
Rubbish... While I admit that these are top paying companies the figures are not correct . Entry level at Seplat earns a gross of 6M-7m. For Agip I have an aunt who has been working there as a professional staff for about 23 and her gross is about 26M.
True.
The numbers thrown around are vague. Would an engineering or geology graduate earn the same wage as someone with a social science?
From this post, one would think all entry level grad are paid in the same wage bracket irrespective of qualifications.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Wiinnd(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
joshuaidibia:
He's a big Man bro, that's what I can say. Na them dey chop the money OP talk.
lol.. I dey tell you. I want to ask you a favor, and what I want to ask isn't what others would normally ask. I want to know if getting a masters degree is a faster way to getting a job in Total as compared to Bsc degree? What do I need to equip my self with, that would put me at vantage point in getting a job there? I ask, so that when opportunities comes knocking, it would find me prepared. Also, if one get a job with his Bsc degree, does Total give you the opportunity to rise through the ranks? And if they don't, Is it posibble to pursue your Masters degree while still working with the said company?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Central Bank Of Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does CBN Pay Staff? / Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Kayode Richie-Kay Oliva, EFCC Official Owns Wood Processing/Supplying Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.