Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,638 members, 7,851,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:00 PM

My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) (63525 Views)

Buhari Shares Office Photos, 19 Days To Election, Nigerians React (Photos) / Ayo Fayose Arrives EFCC Office (Photos) / Buhari Submits His Presidential Nomination Form At APC Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by worriedguy(m): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
mrMeen:
kebbi state has 24/7 electricity.
here in Benin, half of the city haven't seen light this month...the others have 6hours per day...3 hours in the day and 3hours in the night
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nackzy: 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
Emmahunk:
CHANGE? You Will Be Shocked At What I Saw In This Govt. Office. (photos)

In a Country where it's extremely difficult to find any public office that actually works, I hardly expected much but my experience at Warri Passport Office left me stunned.

I have decided to share this because we as citizens owe it as a duty to bring to public knowledge the ills in our public institutions. In same vein, posterity will hold us accountable if we do not commend those that at least tried to make a difference. Having been away from the Country for close to a decade, I have decided to come back home a little earlier and uppermost in my agenda was the renewal of my Nigerian passport. At Lagos ,my siblings had advised that I handle the renewal when I got into my good old town of Warri as the town now boasts of a Passport Office. I actually agreed to this with mixed feelings knowing what the hustle and bustle of anything Warri used to be like. Few days after I arrived Warri, I left for the passport office not knowing what to expect in the company of my two siblings.

My first shock came when at the main gate of the Delta State Government House Annex, manned by different security agencies, a young Immigration officer almost magically appeared beside the passenger door of my car and politely asked; " sir, how may we help you?" For the first few seconds, I was pleasantly surprised and wondered if this was happening in the same Nigeria we have been reading so much filth about.

On realising that I had come to renew my expired passport, this same man politely directed us where to park the car and proceeded with us in tow to where he called the 'servicom' desk. By this time, I had taken a quick assessment of the environment and besides a sign on the wall that reads, "welcome to Warri Passport Office" , there was nothing to tell me I was in a Passport office. I mean, no crowd, no hustling and bustling that is synonymous with your average passport office. At this point, I have become very apprehensive. My mind kept screaming, scam!

Anyway, now at the servicom desk, I met about two people already filling out forms and I joined them while wondering where everyone else was if truly I was in the right place. Few minutes later, one of the officers at the desk ushered us into a fully air conditioned semi hall where over fifty people were comfortably seated watching a news channel on a wide LCD television. Again, I wondered but this time at the serenity and orderliness of the crowd. Something definitely is not right, I reasoned. Then, just as we were settling down, a voice came through the speakers installed somewhere: " Attention please , Numbers.....to....,please move to room 3 to collect your passports". I was still wondering if truly this was Nigeria when another voice called out this time a set of names directing them to two different rooms conspicuously marked SCREENING AND APPROVALS. The orderliness was so amazing that for a moment, I realised that this Country can work again. By now, my inquisitive mind was asking so many questions and as if in answer to one of these numerous questions, a young lady in well fitted uniform emerged from the room marked 'screening and walked briskly into the room marked 'approval'. She emerged from the room in less than two minutes and in very clear voice called out about ten names of people that she asked to follow her for capturing.

I was stunned and took a quick glance at my wrist watch as people left the room in batches creating room for new entrants like myself. My watch revealed that I had spent about forty two minutes when I heard my name over the speakers. I quickly entered the room that I was directed to and met about four busy officers again in an air conditioned room. The interview was brisk, thorough BUT professional.

In all it took an hour and 52 minutes from the time I sat down at the servicom desk to submit my application before my number was announced to go to room 3 for collection of my passport.

Albeit this sounds too good to be true, I must confess that till this moment of writing, I am still wondering how a public office in Nigeria can be so organised , comfortable , courteous and efficient.

Definitely, all hope is not lost in this Country, trust me.

Bros eeeeeh u never jam, go to police station and tell me same story
Go to Any Federal or State ministry and tell us same story
Believe you me your story will change, to i can't wait to leave this country, I bet you

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by biztip: 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
this is naija

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by alen4smith(m): 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
Do I sound like I want to convince you? The millions of people in this state are already convinced, and they will speak loud and clear 81 days from today.
loud it bro!
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
Pajapaja:
All these people you’re snapping .
I hope you told them you’re putting their pictures online ?
undecided

And He cleverly didn't show himself, I don't know why any Tom, d.ick or Harry would snap and post people's picture without permission and it's not even like they where in a party

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Malawian(m): 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2018
Some are like that, not all. My drivers license was so swift i was even shocked. The place was very close to my old compound and it is actually an lcda headquarters, so i was not thinking of scam, but the logical progression was astonishing.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Telemon(m): 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
what is the title of the movie?
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
DeLaRue:
I've recently used FIRS, and CAC website, and been very surprised by how much I could do online without going to their office. Not perfect, but surprisingly good.

Also, I am importing some goods into the country for the first and once again I've been surprised by how much of the documentation I've been able to do online & quite efficiently.

Some things are changing.

Please post both websites
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Twoclans(f): 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
lefulefu:
but over here in benin city edo state the city of benin is in total darkness. Everybody in the city lock up their stalls and stay indoors b4 seven oclock in the evenin cos seven oclock is the time armed robbers and ritualists operate. Ppl are scared in using public transports cos of fear of one chance and kidnappers. 8 oclock at night the whole city is a ghost town and the city is buried in darkness. Wow change is wonderful.the govt is working.

There is a huge imbalance in this country,in the last four months our light does not go off for more than thirty minutes in a day.

Currently we are the ones putting off electric gadgets because of high cost of billing on our pre paid meter due to constant light.

3 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by AllahOniJibiti: 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
Liars have their own solitary confinement in hell.

Sirjamo:
My own " Testimony of Change " is; I have been at a north eastern state of Yobe for close to three months now, and power supply here is amazing, it's been 23 hours of power daily. When I asked the locals, they told me that the transmission station abandoned for ten years was just completed. Every one here is ready to move to the NEXT LEVEL
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by colossus91(m): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
them never get population na.....
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2018
lefulefu:
but over here in benin city edo state the city of benin is in total darkness. Everybody in the city lock up their stalls and stay indoors b4 seven oclock in the evenin cos seven oclock is the time armed robbers and ritualists operate. Ppl are scared in using public transports cos of fear of one chance and kidnappers. 8 oclock at night the whole city is a ghost town and the city is buried in darkness. Wow change is wonderful.the govt is working.

Does anything stop you pipu from organizing community security? Edo peeps like getting everything free, you peeps are too stingy even to yourselves, even if monthly security is N50, many of you won't still pay

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by bendike: 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2018
Emmahunk:
CHANGE? You Will Be Shocked At What I Saw In This Govt. Office. (photos)

In a Country where it's extremely difficult to find any public office that actually works, I hardly expected much but my experience at Warri Passport Office left me stunned.

I have decided to share this because we as citizens owe it as a duty to bring to public knowledge the ills in our public institutions. In same vein, posterity will hold us accountable if we do not commend those that at least tried to make a difference. Having been away from the Country for close to a decade, I have decided to come back home a little earlier and uppermost in my agenda was the renewal of my Nigerian passport. At Lagos ,my siblings had advised that I handle the renewal when I got into my good old town of Warri as the town now boasts of a Passport Office. I actually agreed to this with mixed feelings knowing what the hustle and bustle of anything Warri used to be like. Few days after I arrived Warri, I left for the passport office not knowing what to expect in the company of my two siblings.

My first shock came when at the main gate of the Delta State Government House Annex, manned by different security agencies, a young Immigration officer almost magically appeared beside the passenger door of my car and politely asked; " sir, how may we help you?" For the first few seconds, I was pleasantly surprised and wondered if this was happening in the same Nigeria we have been reading so much filth about.

On realising that I had come to renew my expired passport, this same man politely directed us where to park the car and proceeded with us in tow to where he called the 'servicom' desk. By this time, I had taken a quick assessment of the environment and besides a sign on the wall that reads, "welcome to Warri Passport Office" , there was nothing to tell me I was in a Passport office. I mean, no crowd, no hustling and bustling that is synonymous with your average passport office. At this point, I have become very apprehensive. My mind kept screaming, scam!

Anyway, now at the servicom desk, I met about two people already filling out forms and I joined them while wondering where everyone else was if truly I was in the right place. Few minutes later, one of the officers at the desk ushered us into a fully air conditioned semi hall where over fifty people were comfortably seated watching a news channel on a wide LCD television. Again, I wondered but this time at the serenity and orderliness of the crowd. Something definitely is not right, I reasoned. Then, just as we were settling down, a voice came through the speakers installed somewhere: " Attention please , Numbers.....to....,please move to room 3 to collect your passports". I was still wondering if truly this was Nigeria when another voice called out this time a set of names directing them to two different rooms conspicuously marked SCREENING AND APPROVALS. The orderliness was so amazing that for a moment, I realised that this Country can work again. By now, my inquisitive mind was asking so many questions and as if in answer to one of these numerous questions, a young lady in well fitted uniform emerged from the room marked 'screening and walked briskly into the room marked 'approval'. She emerged from the room in less than two minutes and in very clear voice called out about ten names of people that she asked to follow her for capturing.

I was stunned and took a quick glance at my wrist watch as people left the room in batches creating room for new entrants like myself. My watch revealed that I had spent about forty two minutes when I heard my name over the speakers. I quickly entered the room that I was directed to and met about four busy officers again in an air conditioned room. The interview was brisk, thorough BUT professional.

In all it took an hour and 52 minutes from the time I sat down at the servicom desk to submit my application before my number was announced to go to room 3 for collection of my passport.

Albeit this sounds too good to be true, I must confess that till this moment of writing, I am still wondering how a public office in Nigeria can be so organised , comfortable , courteous and efficient.

Definitely, all hope is not lost in this Country, trust me.

Oga, how much did you pay for the passport in total? That will help me know if things have really changed or you were still scammed.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by abc115: 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Please post both websites
https://services.cac.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
Twoclans:

There is a huge imbalance in this country,in the last four months our light does not go off for more than thirty minutes in a day.

Currently we are the ones putting off electric gadgets because of high cost of billing on our pre paid meter due to constant light.
hmm this is surprising to hear. Its like u guys in the north have more constant power than in the southern part. Over here its so bad. The Yoruba woman who is in charge of BEDC(she controls edo,delta,ekiti and ondo power sectors) is a very wicked and heartless woman. She wicked to the populace and to her staff. Cos of the epleptic power sector benin some civil groups came out to protest and in anger she put benin on total lockdown. Right now in benin the whole city is in darkness. The street lights are not working and criminals are having a field day. The nepa officials were invited by the media to come and explain why benin is in darkness and they were saying that its because some of the equipments generating power has broken down. But we all know they are lying. Some ppl have been talking about solar ppl but many of the BEDC high ranking officials were screaming themselves hoarse that nigerians cant afford solar ppl ...dat sola power is a luxury and only the very rich can afford it. U can imagine such rubbish coming from themcheesy. BEDC over here they are so damm corrupt ehn.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by SachaBastien(m): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
OP paid for what my friends call "express" and comes here to shout change.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Does anything stop you pipu from organizing community security? Edo peeps like getting everything free, you peeps are too stingy even to yourselves, even if monthly security is N50, many of you won't still pay

of course many streets over here now hire and pay vigilantes to guard their streets but guy using commercial vehicles as from seven oclock in the evenings is very dangerious. One chance here and dere and also the high risk of getting mugged if u come out at night. The no light in benin has worsened everything and given criminals more cover to operate in the evenings.abegi this state jus dey digenerate everyday.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by IbrahimDamola: 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2018
abc115:

Bros .. Please we are not living in the the past ...Nigeria and Nigerians have moved on... Please visit here https://services.cac.gov.ng, do your incorporation without accredited agent...then thank me later

Oga even their customer care numbers on the CAC don't work. I have been to their office physically after having hiccups with the online registration and I got there and was directed to an accredition agent (a lawyer to be precise).

Stop deceiving nigerians, you shameless cowardly zombie.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2018
SachaBastien:
OP paid for what my friends call "express" and comes here to shout change.
thats what i feel too
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Adimchitorti: 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
Sure, there is still hope for our beloved country
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
AllahOniJibiti:
Liars have their own solitary confinement in hell.

cheesycheesy.. Hahahaha
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Dinny1(m): 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2018
We can actually do the right things, timely and adequately, but with the right personnel on ground. The solution to our problems is not far fetched, it is very evident judging from the post I just read.

We are the change we seek..

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by abc115: 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Oga even their customer care numbers on the CAC don't work. I have been to their office physically after having hiccups with the online registration and I got there and was directed to an accredition agent (a lawyer to be precise).

Stop deceiving nigerians, you shameless cowardly zombie.
You must be very ignorant...ordinary instructions you cant follow...I just directed you to where you can do it..but you will rather sit down here and call someone ......I dont know am talking to a person whose IQ is so low. Stop disgracing yourself in public forum
http://new.cac.gov.ng/home/registration-steps/

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by gidjah(m): 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
My own " Testimony of Change " is; I have been at a north eastern state of Yobe for close to three months now, and power supply here is amazing, it's been 23 hours of power daily. When I asked the locals, they told me that the transmission station abandoned for ten years was just completed. Every one here is ready to move to the NEXT LEVEL
the northern part of this nation has the best power supply system in Nigeria .I grew in the part of the north were power may not be interrupted for like 2months or a bit less sir,in give it up to them in that aspect.Themnthr roads too in the north are super good (I a! Sure you are a witness to that )were i grew up here I can tell you that I hardly step on a muddy for road ,most of our roads here at super coated and smooth. Those Northern guys sure know how to loot and make a pauper out of her own but some very few of them have made a super city out of their states

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by ronaldbecky(m): 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
abc115:
I think anything is possible if you have the mindset and the will and desire to do it and put the time in.- Roger Clemens

God bless you
God bless me
God punish jubril
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by CaptainMitch: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
In my state we can go 1 year without light and there is no solution.
lefulefu:
hmm this is surprising to hear. Its like u guys in the north have more constant power than in the southern part. Over here its so bad. The Yoruba woman who is in charge of BEDC(she controls edo,delta,ekiti and ondo power sectors) is a very wicked and heartless woman. She wicked to the populace and to her staff. Cos of the epleptic power sector benin some civil groups came out to protest and in anger she put benin on total lockdown. Right now in benin the whole city is in darkness. The street lights are not working and criminals are having a field day. The nepa officials were invited by the media to come and explain why benin is in darkness and they were saying that its because some of the equipments generating power has broken down. But we all know they are lying. Some ppl have been talking about solar ppl but many of the BEDC high ranking officials were screaming themselves hoarse that nigerians cant afford solar ppl ...dat sola power is a luxury and only the very rich can afford it. U can imagine such rubbish coming from themcheesy. BEDC over here they are so damm corrupt ehn.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Agugbadin: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
Good experience but it maybe because many people have fled from Warri,however it is absolutely impossible to get that kind service at the Portharcourt passport office except you pay bribe.At the Portharcourt office if you are not ready to pay bribe it takes two weeks to get the passport.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2018
Adimchitorti:
Sure, there is still hope for our beloved country
which hope? Its like u dont know nigeria is retrogressing everyday. Nigeria is the only place in the world that has no steady power supply. Nigeria is the only place in the world where we import toothpick from thailand, import egusi soup and pepper soup from china. Nigeria is the only place in the world where a major terrorist group looks better equipped and more well fed than the nation's army. Nigeria is the only place in the world where a leader of the country borrows billions of dollars from china to upgrade its security and then gives the army obsolete weapons. And u say there's hopeshocked. Na wah for you oocheesy.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Ugosample(m): 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
choice17:
Wow,
Nigerians are the most difficult people to govern, I will advise you should not get all your hope high yet they will eventually disappoint you one way or the other

Why did you come back self, just like that some people sha

true

very difficult to govern
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
CaptainMitch:
In my state we can go 1 year without light and there is no solution.
aghhhh one year without power?shocked. How una dey cope? Honestly my brother the time this power sector was govt managed it was much better as it is now. All this private hands are interested in is exhorting money from the public. They are interested in collecting estimated bills from customers. Do u know that most nepa staffs are paid depending on the bribes and other kickbacks they are able to collect from customersshocked. The power sector has become a corrupt enterprise where the heirachy now use it to play nairabet. Look at dat guy up dere who was claiming they have 23 hr supply in yobe state until he got busted by another dude herecheesy.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
worriedguy:
how many states in Nigeria have 23hours electricity

Don't argue what you don't know, I know of an certain area in Maiduguri where electricity is constant for 48 hours straight before it goes off while Majority areas have 18- 20 hours per day
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by CaptainMitch: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
Yea the light only comes on around Christmas, we have two generators in my house when I went last week I serviced one of them, funny enough there is solar powered street light in the village. Even if the light comes it is very low current I have only seen light once.
lefulefu:

aghhhh one year without power?shocked. How una dey cope? Honestly my brother the time this power sector was govt managed it was much better as it is now. All this private hands are interested in is exhorting money from the public. They are interested in collecting estimated bills from customers. Do u know that most nepa staffs are paid depending on the bribes and other kickbacks they are able to collect from customersshocked. The power sector has become a corrupt enterprise where the heirachy now use it to play nairabet. Look at dat guy up dere who was claiming they have 23 hr supply in yobe state until he got busted by another dude herecheesy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Relocates To Defence House In Maitama, Abuja / Underaged Children Voting In Kano Local Government Election (Photos) / Nigeria Paid $500m For New Tucano Jets – U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.