Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,307 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended (14526 Views)

Lagos Declares Total Clampdown On Alcohol Sales, Street Trading In Parks, Garage / Amaechi: Wike Is A Drunk, Spends N50m On Alcohol Per Week / LCC Says Toll Tariff On The Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Is Not Getting Increased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by WeRblessed(f): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Who are the stakeholders? No religion on earth permits drinking of alcohol, even smoking is prohibited as it's not beneficial to our health. I'm not surprise must of the NASS are drunkards, while some own beer parlours.

Jesus turned water into alcoholic wine.

Apostle Paul encouraged preachers to drink alcohol but adviced against getting drunk.

Catholic church soaks holy communion in alcohol wine/beverage to preserve it before distributing /putting it in the mouth of the members.

So many places in the bible to mention but no time to mention them here.

I know for a fact that Islam abhors alcoholic beverages. But all my Islam friends drink alcohol.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by ednut1(m): 1:37pm On Nov 28, 2018
The states that ban alcohol should not be allowed to share VAT from alcohol too

11 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Shookonekilla: 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nigeria will.never be an islamic state

Buhari should forget his evil plans

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by takin35(m): 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2018
you have said it all bro. Some Nigerians are damn stupid.
MexxIT:

Will U shut up already..... Does eating fud make U a glutton? U are okay with collecting tariffs from alcoholic and tobacco companies but yet see it as an evil? Does religion permit abuse of cough syrups? Why not also ask for tariffs on basic pain killers to b increased since dey are also abused... U are quick to hide behind religion as an excuse but yet will b quick to complain if Mosques and churches are asked to pay tax and tariffs.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by jeeka321: 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2018
[quote author=ManirBK post=73373978]Who are the stakeholders? No religion on earth permits drinking of alcohol, even smoking is prohibited as it's not beneficial to our health. I'm not surprise must of the NASS are drunkards, while some o

ok
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by islandmoon: 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
what kind of Buhari is this? we dont want sharia, na by force?

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by NPComplete: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
I only know that both Islam and Christianity did not permitted alcohols but unfortunately some are taking it as if its allowed.

Ignoramus. You are just advertising your ignorance for the world to see. Christianity does not prohibit alcohol. Neither does Judaism. I wonder how u are commenting with your Islamic bias when u are this ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Youpele52: 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
Kill the local businesses, my gosh, this administration policies either kills or shrinkens local businesses, this is another round of lay-off roaming.
Their love for high unemployment rate is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Aderupoko2: 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
What kind of country is this? The tax collected before cannot be accounted for, you are still looking for more.
In all, industries suffer and ultimately unemployment prevail.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by okerekeikpo: 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
Best news of the year, the only thing that makes us happy is what Buhari is playing with Nawao

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Charmingrascal(m): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
They should ban these two and legalize marijuana.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by enemyofprogress: 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:

Taking alcohol is a choice

That Sharia forbids it doesn't mean other religion must do the same .

I'm a Muslim and I take alcohol when necessary
God bless you. I like liberal minded Muslims

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by buhariguy(m): 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:

Nigeria is not an Islamic state

Don't dictate to nobody how to live their lives.

any drunkard is my enemy as a man of God
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/297923-senate-wants-tariff-on-alcohol-tobacco-suspended.html

Adeosun's sack was timely. She would have completely ruined the economy with her one-size-fits-all policy initiatives

NaijaRoyelty:

Taking alcohol is a choice

That Sharia forbids it doesn't mean other religion must do the same .

I'm a Muslim and I take alcohol when necessary

Baba wereygrin When exactly is it ever 'necessary' to take alcoholgrin

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
Na dah one we send them abi?. We have pressing issues that need our legislatures attention but they choosed to attend to the ones that has nothing to do with the common man. Irrelevant law makers ko law breakers ne ma.
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by jamezman(m): 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
yemmight:
Just like when we used to have a drunken fisherman in Aso rock. They are the same.

Keep it up ur foolishness will still reach its climax...
Don't quit yet you might be awarded by Guiness For being this foolish....

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by nijabazaar: 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Are u a drunkard?

It doesnt matter....Nigeria aint an Islamic state

4 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
The senate and the house should merge. They are the reason this country remain undevelope and backwarding. Only thier salary can take care of 20 state anually.
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by seunmsg(m): 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
I only know that both Islam and Christianity did not permitted alcohols but unfortunately some are taking it as if its allowed.

We are not all christian and Muslim. I am not in support of senate's position though. The tariff on alcohol was effected some months ago and all lovers of alcoholic beverages have adjusted and move on. Nobody is complaining to the best of my knowledge except the senators.
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by maisauki: 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:

Nigeria is not an Islamic state

Don't dictate to nobody how to live their lives.

5% spotted...dia lives revolve round green bottle
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by seborrhic: 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Which kind consultation?, I am 100% with FG on this very issue. This companies makes billions yet their products only cause more harm than good to Nigerians and you are saying some so-called stakeholders must be consulted before increasing taxes/tariffs to them!
Jesus,the one truly recognized saviour of the world drank wine.
What any sensible religion frowns against is excess.
Many Arab princes with real functional and operative sharia law drink wines,gin and beer in the comfort of their palaces.Yoruba Muslims,with liberal and realistic thoughts, take beer like any other human.
So who are u,uneducated fellow to know better?

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by buhariguy(m): 2:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
MexxIT:

Will U shut up already..... Does eating fud make U a glutton? U are okay with collecting tariffs from alcoholic and tobacco companies but yet see it as an evil? Does religion permit abuse of cough syrups? Why not also ask for tariffs on basic pain killers to b increased since dey are also abused... U are quick to hide behind religion as an excuse but yet will b quick to complain if Mosques and churches are asked to pay tax and tariffs.
so what is different btw a Christian and pagan, a Muslim and an infidel
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by oderinlewo(m): 2:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
yemmight:
Just like when we used to have a drunken fisherman in Aso rock. They are the same.
I wish the drunken fisherman was your father

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by obyback: 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2018
Good, can Nigerian breweries now pay us decent dividend? this nonsense they are proposing is unacceptable
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by kitaatita: 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Who are the stakeholders? No religion on earth permits drinking of alcohol, even smoking is prohibited as it's not beneficial to our health. I'm not surprise must of the NASS are drunkards, while some own beer parlours.

Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by rhythyson: 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:

Your business ?

Like I've said before , Nigeria is not an Islamic state so stop telling people how to live their life.

Total Islamization of Nigeria is one dream that would never come true , so stop wasting your time .

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by observanc1: 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Which kind consultation?, I am 100% with FG on this very issue. This companies makes billions yet their products only cause more harm than good to Nigerians and you are saying some so-called stakeholders must be consulted before increasing taxes/tariffs to them!
abeg keep quiet. I stand with senate 100%. Nobody forces cigar and beer down your throat

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Blue3k(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
I don't agree with the steep increase of the excise tax. They should keep it a reasonable rate in order to generate revenue. These taxes are always passed on to the consumer anyway.

Lol is tax such a boring topic everyone has to ramble aout religion. These guys dont care about your religion they just want your money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by observanc1: 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2018
MexxIT:

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Quality20(m): 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2018
Shookonekilla:
Nigeria will.never be an islamic state

Buhari should forget his evil plans
Is Australia that forbid alcohol for d aborigines trying to islamize them also? I don't know why supposedly educated ppl take CAN propaganda of islamization ,hook line and sinker? I as a Muslim with my intellect I don't take everything a cleric, imam or sheikh preaches just lime that I apply my God given intellect to judge. I might not challenge anyone openly but I still think about it, its implications, rationality, and context most importantly.
If ur pastor tell u that Buhari wanna islamize d country, u shd have asked him how that is gonna be in a country like Nigeria with all its peculiarities? How islamized is Buhari himself while in d army and now? How would d western countries allow an Islamic state, at this time when they are setting a new world secular order, where they want all heavenly religions downgraded and heinous activities like same sex union promoted?
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by observanc1: 2:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Are u a drunkard?
sharap keep quiet. Hypicrite. Pharisee

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by MrMoney55: 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
yemmight:
the drunkard is far better than your idiot in ASO rock

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Fled To Benin Republic - Eggua Royale Family / Garba Shehu Attacks The Guardian Editorial On Buhari’s Stewardship / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.