Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) (1266 Views)

What Will Happen If These Politician Die Before Election? / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by autojosh: 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2018
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines a criminal as person who has committed a crime.

The same dictionary also defines a crime as an illegal act for which someone can be punished by the government.

In 2006, the Lagos state government enacted the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA) Law.

This law was designed to prevent and punish the act of defacing street surfaces by residents.

In order words, it is a crime to deface street surfaces with posters or any promotional material in Lagos state.

Today, tragically, road medians, bus stop shelters, street walls, junctions, etc., are literally littered with different political campaign posters. Each one attempts to outdo each other for visibility.

The offence of posting posters on street surfaces contravened Section 168 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 (Revised). The section prescribes a six months imprisonment or a fine of N90, 000 for offenders.

At the time, it was almost impossible to see a street or road in Lagos without an eyesore of a jumble of posters, or other advertising signs.

By law, even when the fines are paid, the offender loses the privilege to contest for a political positions due to their status as an ex-convict, not until after 10 years, when the conviction no longer counts.

The enforcement of this law is the function of the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA).

LASAA spends millions of naira on advocacy meant to dissuade residents from posting posters indiscriminately.

Apparently, our politicians are above that law.

Source: https://autojosh.com/see-the-criminals-that-need-your-votes-photos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by EbukaHades10(m): 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2018
The law doesn't concern the rich or better yet,the rich doesn't give a fawking fawk about the law.
Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by wakaman: 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
Autojosh, while your write culled facts you can do no wrong but entertain and educate, but you going into politicking by labelling some people criminals is away from your usual.

Kindly stay on your lane.

Abi you be PDP, cause all these ones you are casting are APC.
Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by Youngbbt: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
this is Nigeria

where government make and enact laws themselves we not obeg
Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by EbukaHades10(m): 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
wakaman:
Autojosh, while your write culled facts you can do no wrong but entertain and educate, but you going into politicking by labelling some people criminals is away from your usual.

Not defending Autojosh but I guess he's based in Lagos and it is very hard to see a PDP campaign poster in Lagos hence,the APC posters.

2 Likes

Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by overall90: 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Not defending Autojosh but I guess he's based in Lagos and it is very hard to see a PDP campaign poster in Lagos hence,the APC posters.

there are PDP posters,look well and you will see that Agbaje.
Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by EbukaHades10(m): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2018
overall90:

there are PDP posters,look well and you will see that Agbaje.
I didn't type "there weren't", I typed it is hard. But seen though.
Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by solutionist: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2018
wakaman:

Bro, I don't think everything should be APC Vs. PDP. This kind of aptitude will lead Nigeria no where.

See the photos that you missed. I hope it makes you feel better.

3 Likes

Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by Auladimeji(m): 1:50pm On Nov 29, 2018
People that paste posters Normally do this nonsense around after 10pm upward whereas people will not be there
One bastard pasted a poster around my house at 10:20pm that advertised all this India charm,I waited for the bastard like Fayose normally does for Apc,I smashed the bastard face on the posted poster,I fate nonsense

Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2018
wakaman:

Those are selected pictures. Autojosh has no link with any political party except it wants to behave like channels TV if you know you know
Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
EbukaHades10:
I didn't type "there weren't", I typed it is hard. But seen though.
It is rare according to oyibo pipo
Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
These politicians are really shameless. just look at the dirty environment they are pasting their cheap campaign posters thereby making the street look more dirtier

1 Like

Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by Blackfire(m): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
I pity this op...
Re: Are These Politician Above The Law? (See PHOTOS) by youngscholar(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
Blackfire:
I pity this op...

Spare some pity for yourself, bro.

(1) (Reply)

Corrupt Gen. Sanni Abacha When He Was Banned From Entering America / 2019 Presidency: Northern Leaders Dump Buhari, React To Aisha’s Claim Of ‘two Pe / Buhari To America: I Refused To Sign Electoral Bill To Prevent What Russians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.