Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,546 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Stop Buying Phones From Strangers - Nigerian Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Buying Phones From Strangers - Nigerian Police (381 Views)

Kogi 2023: Don’t Follow Strangers, Hold On To Tested, Trusted Leaders - Tinubu / Strangers Were My Ministers During My First Term – Buhari / Nigerian Police Force Clears The Air On The Offa Robbery Saga With Sen. Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Buying Phones From Strangers - Nigerian Police by meglith(m): 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2018
Divisional Crime Officer, Ilaro Police Command , SP. Oni Waheed, said the public should desist from buying mobile phones from strangers in order not get into trouble with the law .
Waheed gave the advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Ota , Ogun State .
He said instead , people should purchase their mobile phones from well- known outlets to prevent them from getting into police net .
“It is easy to trace cell phones bought from an outlet when a crime is being committed by criminals than the one purchased from a stranger ,” he said .
Waheed noted that hoodlums sometimes robbed people of their valuables like cell phones , laptops and money and sell them to innocent people .
According to him , most of the criminals who indulge in the act usually sell the stolen goods to innocent people , on the pretext that they needed money urgently to attend to some needs .
“We have seen many victims of such a problem and there is no evidence to prove their innocence. “
source :www.punchng.com

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Select Nigerians In The Diaspora Living In Poland / 2019: Father Mbaka Predicts Doom For Buhari After Abandoning Him... / I Really Miss Our Corruption Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.