Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,140 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area (23419 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria (2018) / Transport Prices From Lagos To Any Part Of Nigeria 2018 / How Much Is Canada Visa Fee In Nigeria 2018? – Check Out Visa Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by nasonaso: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
Portharcourt is not so Expensive undecided

You must be kidding bro. Where in portharcourt are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by bolu96(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2018
KOPT33:

I don't mind at all. I am a freelancer on Upwork. I also publish on Amazond KDP, and run affiliate campaigns with Maxbounty.com.

Upwork writing earnings - $1500 per month
Kindle royalties - $300 - $500 per month (45 books which were ghost-written for me).
Maxbounty affiliate commissions - $400 - $800 per month.

A good month I earn N800K. A bad month, N500K.

It took three and a half years to get to this point, though. Check out my freelance writing guide here: https://www.nairaland.com/4430098/opinion-which-bigger-better-between/1#66358589

Wow! What more can I say? Skimmed through the thread and I realized you've really come a long way. I don't even know where to start from.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2018
@sirkonline i saw a notification of your email...no vex abeg...na airtel' free mb i dey use...can't view it

you can write here and modify asap please
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AngelJennifer: 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2018
nasonaso:

You must be kidding bro. Where in portharcourt are you talking about?

Most people that complain of the expensiveness of Ph chose an expensive lifestyle. I know accommodation in some location are quite expensive but can't be compared with its like in Lagos, Enugu, Abuja and Owerri. Another major issue in ph is the high rate of shop rent. Feeding isn't a problem unless you decided to eat out.There are markets you can buy things very cheap such as Oil mill, mile 1 and the likes. We have many people in Ph who prefer road side purchases.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by manitoba(m): 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2018
My First Hand Experience.

School fees: (Grade 1 Private School) 220k per ward.

Accommodation:1.3m -2.2m for 3 bedroom flat.

Electricity: 15k plus and above per month as there is constant Power supply.

Transport: (Lowest) #700 per trip per charter.

Uber/Taxify: Standard rates applies.

Normal Rice:18k per Bag.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Grupo(m): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2018
KOPT33:

Abakaliki sounds expensive, man. I lived in Nkalagu for a few months in 2010 and things were so cheap. Came to Abakaliki a few times, and things were generally cheaper compared to other places in the east such as Owerri, and Mbaise.
What were you doing at Nkalagu?

Yes, Owerri is the costliest town to live in South East. Prices of stuff in enugu and Abakaliki are almost the same. Although house rent in Enugu is costlier than in Abakaliki.

From what I heard, house rent is generally cheaper in Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
Grupo:

What were you doing at Nkalagu?

Yes, Owerri is the costliest town to live in South East. Prices of stuff in enugu and Abakaliki are almost the same. Although house rent in Enugu is costlier than in Abakaliki.

From what I heard, house rent is generally cheaper in Onitsha.

I was a records and storekeeper for a French mining company that was prospecting for limestone in the area.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Grupo(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
KOPT33:

I was a records and storekeeper for a French mining company that was prospecting for limestone in the area.

Okay. That's cool.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Grupo(m): 10:47pm On Dec 26, 2018
AngelJennifer:

Because they have not gone to other places. With my NYSC experience in Enugu and my recent travel to various places I had to make my conclusion. My siblings are staying in a 4 bedroom flat which they shared with other neighbors close to shell gate and pays 90k annually for a room. I graduated from uniport. I thought cost of living is high until I had visited other places. In fact a self con that cost 120k to 150 in uniport is usually rated high. As a student I even managed to prepare a simple soup with 600. Life isn't that expensive. The major issue is insecurity in some areas in the state. There are also expensive areas like GRA and Okporo.

Wow, that's why threads like this are important to help set the records right.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AngelJennifer: 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
Grupo:

Wow, that's why threads like this are important to help set the records right.

Another major issue is the high rate of shop rent. It's quite expensive in Ph. Businesses pay as high as 40k monthly for a small shop in the cities. While market shops charges about 10k to 15k monthly.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Thane(m): 11:18pm On Dec 26, 2018
Rent- 3-bed in 200k-350k in dense areas, 400k-800k in more decent areas. Unbelievable but true.
Sch fees- Average Decent private schs, 15-70k. Behind schs, 200-1.2m
Transport- Usually 100 or less for bus drops. Taxi or keke drop is 300-2k depending on distance
Food- comparatively cheap
Nightlife- Not that much
Price of commodities- cheap, whole city is a market
Viability: very fertile land to make money

City is Onitsha. Very affordable and cheap to live in if you can handle the madness.
Nnewi is also similar but cheaper rent and sch fees. Better night life and more expensive prices of items.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Thane(m): 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2018
Awka.
Rent- Self contain are abundant in Student areas, 50k-200k.
3 bed flat, 200k- 1m depending on area and age of the house.
Sch fee- 15k-1.2m
Transport- Expensive a bit
Food- Costly 300-600 for canteens
Nightlife- Very available. Girls at abakiliki (club) rd starts from 3k-7k. Unizik girls, 10k up. Tho you can get decent girls with Suya or indomie and egg
coolAwka.
Rent- Self contain are abundant in Student areas, 50k-200k.
3 bed flat, 200k- 1m depending on area and age of the house.
Sch fee- 15k-1.2m
Transport- Expensive a bit
Food- Costly 300-600 for canteens
Nightlife- Very available. Girls at abakiliki (club) rd starts from 3k-7k. Unizik girls, 10k up. Tho you can get decent girls with Suya or indomie and egg

Asaba is same except for few diff. Asaba is also a small city with few opportunities.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by temmy59: 11:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
HardMirror:
well not myopic to be honest. I travel a lot, not seen any state in nigeria where you have so much people earning decent salaries like lagos. Business can go really big too. It is not a myth, what average businesses are making here cant be compared with that of any other state in nigeria

I agree with you on the business part;
But on the salary aspect, what is important the most is the purchasing power;
Many people are modern slaves in Lagos and they don't know it;

If you earn just 50k and you live in ife, osun state; you would live a very comfortable life compare to your Lagos counterparts.

But unfortunately, things happen more in Lagos; if you want to scale up in life; you have better chances in Lagos (business wise).

I would never want to work as a salary earner in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by NextGovernor(m): 11:48pm On Dec 26, 2018
AngelJennifer:

True. In Choba university envr u can get a good self con as low as 70k. A descent one room as low as 35k.In the city like Rumuomasi, Rumuobiakani, okporo, you can get a self con at 150k and 1 bedroom flat at 250k. My sister lives in an estate and she pays 250k for one bedroom flat apartment. Feeding; with 1500 you can prepare a descent soup. Clothing: cheap as Aba is close. Transportation from 50 depending on distance. Education affordable depending on your choice if you want costly ones. You can get a good private school at 30k. Security only good in the major cities but try not to stay late with your gadgets.

P.H is expensive. I stay in Peter Odili. I pay 1.4million for a two bedroom flat. Just like how Lagos and other cities have grade by grade same also with PH.

My friend pays 2.8million in service 3bedroom in Old GRA. I have a friend who stays in a very tight 2bedroom flat in Golf Estate and he pays 1million.

For the 1500 for pot of soup. Except you mean with just 5 meats inside. Eateries are expensive. Local joints like #500 for a plate.

You cannot compare life in those areas you mentioned to these areas I mention like GRA, Old GRA, Peter Odili, Trans Amadi. You can walk night till Dawn with your phone because the security is tight but you can't try it even by 9pm in those areas you mentioned.

Just like comparing Lekki with Egbeda.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2018
Lizzyangel:

hmmmmm
but accomodation nko?

That's like the most important factor. Accomodation in Lagos takes careful planning especially when one is starting out.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by temmy59: 12:05am On Dec 27, 2018
KOPT33:
I live in Lagos. Live at Lekki. Here are my expenses.

Rent: N450k per year (900k actually, but I share a 2bedroom with a roommate).

FOOD AND GROCERIES

1a. Eating out - thrice per week: N7,000 - N10,000
1. Fast food: a chicken and rice meal at the Chicken Republic - N1250;
2. Buka food - a very filling meal of rice, or fufu, or semo with fish and or, goat meat: N500
3. Apples - medium sizes N100
Banana - head of 10 - N500
4. Watermelon - large head - N800
5. Nigerian live chicken prepped - N2000 per kilo
6. Frozen orobo chicken - N1,000 per kilo
7. Kilo of Titus fish - N1200
8. Half kilo of beef and or assorted - N1000
9. Cooking oil: palm oil - 1 litre - 600; power oil - 1400 per litre
10. Cooking Gas - N360 per litre

Prices of food and other household supplies are really expensive here smiley

ENERGY AND UTILITIES

B. Petrol - N4000 per week

C. Electricity - N3000 per month: prepaid billing.

D. Transport
1. Uber to and fro my co-working space x5 days in a week: N7,000
2. Distances under 1Km in public transport

i) Keke - N50
ii) Danfo - N30
ii) Bike - N200

3. Distances above 10km in public transport

i) Keke - N150
ii) Danfo - N100
ii) Bike - N400

VICES AND LEISURE

A. Tickets

1. Small shows: free, but you must buy drink!
2. Beaches and nature reserves: N1,000 - N2,000 for admission. Buy your own shit.
3. Clubs - Most are free entry save for a few where you have to register as a member
4. Headline shows - Normal tickets: N5,000
5. International/Invite only events - Normal tickets: N10,000 to $$$$!

B. ALCOHOL

1. Star Lager - N300; Heineken, N500, Small Stout, N400; Big Stout, N700
2. Non-premium brand 750 Ml whisky e.g Seagrams - N2,500 - N4,000; Premium liquor: VERY, VERY EXPENSIVE
3. Mini pack, sachets, and other cheap, rot-gut liquor: same price as everywhere in Nigeria

C. HIGHNESS

1. 500 grams of SK - N4000 (lasts three weeks)
2. Codeine N2000
3. Roche - 8 tabs, N1500
4. Regular Benson cigs - N400 per pack

D. OLOSHO

1.In call - 2hrs, N5K
2.Out Call - 2hrs - N10K
3. Carry from the club and overnight - N10K - N15K depending upon the time of contract commencement, and bargaining skills
4. Perverse sex - 40K to 1M grin grin

I spend about N100K per month on all my expenses, and the quality of life that affords me, I cannot complain. Only looking forward to the day I leave this country called Nigeria. I won't come back until 20 years have elapsed. Nigeria is too hard mehn!

best break down ever; but what is the full meaning of in-call and out call

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by temmy59: 12:15am On Dec 27, 2018
Can anybody give insights on cost of living in abeokuta
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 27, 2018
IBADAN

Accommodation: it depends on the area. Bodija is the most expensive, followed by oluyole /ring road areas and others. I stay in the Allen of ibadan - ring road. A self contain is 80-160k. One bed room flat is 150-250k. Two bedroom flat 200-300k. I get an average of 23 hours light per day. Only a few places enjoy such uninterrupted power anyway

Transport : transport is cheap compared to lagos. You can get a minimum of 20 naira bus and the minimum price of Okada is 50 naira.

Food : food is cheap here. With 300-500 naira you can buy 2 pounded yam with 1 goat meat in a local restaurant.

Olosho. You can get that for 8-15k depending on your specs

Jobs. Menial jobs are not scarce. But white collar jobs are scarce. In fact, ibadan economy is powered by yahoo yahoo guys and government. As for me, I'm a freelancer and I earn about 800k-1 million monthly. But most times, my monthly expense is just 60k.

Verdict. Ibadan is not boring if you have money. Getting accommodation is cheap. However, getting a good job here is difficult. If you are into agriculture or are self employed, you will enjoy this city.

7 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Rasheed02(m): 1:09am On Dec 27, 2018
SexExplorer:
IBADAN

Accommodation: it depends on the area. Bodija is the most expensive, followed by oluyole /ring road areas and others. I stay in the Allen of ibadan - ring road. A self contain is 80-160k. One bed room flat is 150-250k. Two bedroom flat 200-300k. I get an average of 23 hours light per day. Only a few places enjoy such uninterrupted power anyway

Transport : transport is cheap compared to lagos. You can get a minimum of 20 naira bus and the minimum price of Okada is 50 naira.

Food : food is cheap here. With 300-500 naira you can buy 2 pounded yam with 1 goat meat in a local restaurant.

Jobs. Menial jobs are not scarce. But white collar jobs are scarce. In fact, ibadan economy is powered by yahoo yahoo guys and government. As for me, I'm a freelancer and I earn about 800k-1 million monthly. But most times, my monthly expense is just 60k.

Verdict. Ibadan is not boring if you have money. Getting accommodation is cheap. However, getting a good job here is difficult. If you are into agriculture or are self employed, you will enjoy this city.
Ibadan will be very cool for a young lawyer. Transport and accommodation rate is unbelievably cheap even food. I will rather earn 50k/month in IB than earn 100k in Lagos. Life in IB is not stressful at all .The city is full of life. One can still get a room apartment in the supposed Bodija for 50k(at least I know of Ekiti street and Ladoke Akintola) and self con for 150k. I had my 3-month law school externship in IB between April 16th and July 4th this year, I really enjoyed my stay. Wanted to serve there but I got posted to OGUN (ABEOKUTA) and my redeployment plan fell through. Can't wait to return to IB after my youth service next year, October 15th, 2019 is almost here. Can't wait o. Life in IB is easy and sweet. I don't know of other field but I know law practice in IB makes a lot of sense. My fellow young lawyers here, I recommend IB to you o.
Note : Sorry for focusing too much on law practice and lawyers hustle. Just trying to speak for young lawyers here since no one is doing so currently.
But generally, IB is a very cool city if you have a good job, you should be able to save well and enjoy life.
Don't forget to visit AMALA SKYE at Bodija �, if you don't visit that place, you are wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Rasheed02(m): 1:42am On Dec 27, 2018
Ibadan is the best of the lot.
Accommodation
A modern one-room apartment can be gotten with 40-50k
For self con though, the average price is 150k (at least I know of Bodija and Elebu in Oluyole Extension, electricity is constant in these two areas among others so your 150k is good bargain) that doesn't mean you can't get a self con of 100k though depending on the area.
Electricity
On the average, electricity in IB is very good but some enjoy it more than others (shoe get size nah)
Transport
Too cheap, #30 naira MICRA still dey o
I think the longest straight journey in IB costs #200(underline the word STRAIGHT JOURNEY) by bus ni o, you know generally bike is more expensive we even at that they are still reasonable.
FOOD
Food is cheap, Market yapa where you fit get cheap but quality foodstuff. To list a few : Bodija Market, Molete Market, Dugbe Market (opposite Jaiz Bank, Dugbe market has wings one for clothing and accessories the other for foodstuff both are very cheap,the clothing side of dugbe market is just like Kantagowa in Abúlé Ẹ̀gbá, Lagos in price)
Fun
Too many places to have fun starting from THE PALMS mall at Ring Road which is the largest in Nigeria, Cocoa Mall too(in dugbe) , Ventura is there for you(at Samonda, U. I Road) , Agodi Gardens is there, Platinum Club at Awolowo way in Bodija, AMALA SKYE at Bodija. The list is endless. Ibadan is the home of fàájì �. Even with 1k, you will still have cool fun In IB. CLUBS yapa o, Apollo lounge dey inside PALMS mall at Ring Road, Switch dey there for you to mention a few.
Job
IB is perfect for self employed people, white collar job no too dey like Lagos but if you be professional like Lawyer, doctor, accountant or computer wizard. You will make your money. Especially that law. Law firms full IB like kilode and the rivalry is healthy. LAW HUB AT RING ROAD is full of law firms and all of them dey make their money steady. Though law is always like that sha.
Conclusion : IB is a very cool city where peace of mind is the norm. Trust me, I was able to get this info within the 3 months I spent there. Though I have been going to IB since I was young this year is the first time I will spend 3 months at a stretch.
Don't expect white collar job in abundance in IB except you are a real professional as stated earlier.
IB is too good!!!

8 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Tallesty1(m): 3:01am On Dec 27, 2018
Chitumu:
on water part. i usualy warn those who doesnt have a certificate in water management or broke ass never to come and stay in suleja,
Water is one area where Suleja flopped completely. Funny thing is that they used to have clean water but the pipes have mostly been damaged and nobody is interested in fixing them. It's a shame

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Tallesty1(m): 3:02am On Dec 27, 2018
StJasper:
Please, i need info about cost of living in Minna, Kontagora & Bida. thanks
If I find any helpful information, I will let you know.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AngelJennifer: 7:08am On Dec 27, 2018
Rasheed02:
Ibadan is the best of the lot.
Accommodation
A modern one-room apartment can be gotten with 40-50k
For self con though, the average price is 150k (at least I know of Bodija and Elebu in Oluyole Extension, electricity is constant in these two areas among others so your 150k is good bargain) that doesn't mean you can't get a self con of 100k though depending on the area.
Electricity

Are there descent accounting jobs there. I mean high paying jobs and not peanuts.

Are there descent accounting jobs there.

Are there descent accounting jobs there?
On the average, electricity in IB is very good but some enjoy it more than others (shoe get size nah)
Transport
Too cheap, #30 naira MICRA still dey o
I think the longest straight journey in IB costs #200(underline the word STRAIGHT JOURNEY) by bus ni o, you know generally bike is more expensive we even at that they are still reasonable.
FOOD
Food is cheap, Market yapa where you fit get cheap but quality foodstuff. To list a few : Bodija Market, Molete Market, Dugbe Market (opposite Jaiz Bank, Dugbe market has wings one for clothing and accessories the other for foodstuff both are very cheap,the clothing side of dugbe market is just like Kantagowa in Abúlé Ẹ̀gbá, Lagos in price)
Fun
Too many places to have fun starting from THE PALMS mall at Ring Road which is the largest in Nigeria, Cocoa Mall too(in dugbe) , Ventura is there for you(at Samonda, U. I Road) , Agodi Gardens is there, Platinum Club at Awolowo way in Bodija, AMALA SKYE at Bodija. The list is endless. Ibadan is the home of fàájì �. Even with 1k, you will still have cool fun In IB. CLUBS yapa o, Apollo lounge dey inside PALMS mall at Ring Road, Switch dey there for you to mention a few.
Job
IB is perfect for self employed people, white collar job no too dey like Lagos but if you be professional like Lawyer, doctor, accountant or computer wizard. You will make your money. Especially that law. Law firms full IB like kilode and the rivalry is healthy. LAW HUB AT RING ROAD is full of law firms and all of them dey make their money steady. Though law is always like that sha.
Conclusion : IB is a very cool city where peace of mind is the norm. Trust me, I was able to get this info within the 3 months I spent there. Though I have been going to IB since I was young this year is the first time I will spend 3 months at a stretch.
Don't expect white collar job in abundance in IB except you are a real professional as stated earlier.
IB is too good!!!
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AngelJennifer: 7:13am On Dec 27, 2018
Are there descent paying accounting jobs in Ibadan. I mean high paying jobs.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by EmmaRx(m): 7:48am On Dec 27, 2018
bolu96:

Wow! What more can I say? Skimmed through the thread and I realized you've really come a long way. I don't even know where to start from.

Boss if you don't mind, can you put me through this upwork of a thing. I already have an account, both foreign and local, haven't been getting jobs.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by temmy59: 8:04am On Dec 27, 2018
Rasheed02:

Ibadan will be very cool for a young lawyer. Transport and accommodation rate is unbelievably cheap even food. I will rather earn 50k/month in IB than earn 100k in Lagos. Life in IB is not stressful at all .The city is full of life. One can still get a room apartment in the supposed Bodija for 50k(at least I know of Ekiti street and Ladoke Akintola) and self con for 150k. I had my 3-month law school externship in IB between April 16th and July 4th this year, I really enjoyed my stay. Wanted to serve there but I got posted to OGUN (ABEOKUTA) and my redeployment plan fell through. Can't wait to return to IB after my youth service next year, October 15th, 2019 is almost here. Can't wait o. Life in IB is easy and sweet. I don't know of other field but I know law practice in IB makes a lot of sense. My fellow young lawyers here, I recommend IB to you o.
Note : Sorry for focusing too much on law practice and lawyers hustle. Just trying to speak for young lawyers here since no one is doing so currently.
But generally, IB is a very cool city if you have a good job, you should be able to save well and enjoy life.
Don't forget to visit AMALA SKYE at Bodija �, if you don't visit that place, you are wrong.

Please give us cost of living in abeokuta, I plan to go there for service
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 27, 2018
KOPT33:

That's like the most important factor. Accomodation in Lagos takes careful planning especially when one is starting out.

i go dey manage my 15k monthly till when God pick up my calls.

upon how little the earning is ,dem still dey owe pesin 3months salary.oct.-dec,

eeri wipe aye le?

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Grupo(m): 8:59am On Dec 27, 2018
Lizzyangel:

i go dey manage my 15k monthly till when God pick up my calls.

upon how little the earning is ,dem still dey owe pesin 3months salary.oct.-dec,

eeri wipe aye le?

If you have someone like a friend or family member staying in LAgos, why not put up with the person and find a better job or business to do there? For how long are you going to continue taking 15k and hoping that God picks your call?

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by WIZGUY69(m): 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2018
SexExplorer:
IBADAN

Bro.
come and be my mentor o
in fact come and guide me through.
I beseech thee cheesy
My location is Ibadan too
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2018
Grupo:

If you have someone like a friend or family member staying in LAgos, why not put up with the person and find a better job or business to do there? For how long are you going to continue taking 15k and hoping that God picks your call?

i have no friend nor family o'er there.
although i was born and brought up in lag but my family left there 15yrs ago when dad got transfered

i just wish i can go back and work there...knowing how talented and brilliant i am in teaching[not pride]
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by narrowpathy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
manitoba:
My First Hand Experience.

School fees: (Grade 1 Private School) 220k per ward.

Accommodation:1.3m -2.2m for 3 bedroom flat.

Electricity: 15k plus and above per month as there is constant Power supply.

Transport: (Lowest) #700 per trip per charter.

Uber/Taxify: Standard rates applies.

Normal Rice:18k per Bag.

you're spending quite much on electricity. I spend 5k monthly on electricity. I know a family that's spends 3k monthly. I use prepaid meter though so we're careful to put of appliances when not in use
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by sapoyoro(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
Mcweber:
Anybody knows about life in Osogbo here??
very very cheap.
acomadation is cheap,from sef con to 3 bedroom flats.
constant electricity of about 20 hours per day.
foodstuff is damn cheap.
transport is also cheap,highest is 50 no matter where you are going,if its by korope or taxi..and bike is not to different.
lots of clubs to ball.
but its a bit dull unless you have one or two friends to hang out with. people dey always mind their business.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? / Which Country Do You Wish To Migrate To? / Man Who Died In The Kogi Petrol Tanker Accident (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.