Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,951 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Soldiers’ Killings: Declare Nigeria A Nation At War – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers’ Killings: Declare Nigeria A Nation At War – Okorocha (463 Views)

Soyinka To UN: Declare Nigeria As Protectorates To Stop Bandits ‘Slave Trade’ / President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight / US Interfaith Leaders Declare Nigeria Ticking Time Bomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers’ Killings: Declare Nigeria A Nation At War – Okorocha by YouthsPC0: 11:35am On Nov 30, 2018
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha said with the recent killings of many soldiers by the insurgents in Borno State, Nigeria must declare itself a nation at war.

Okorocha spoke yesterday when officers from the Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC) Jaji, paid him a courtesy visit at the Government House, Owerri.

The governor said: “A nation has to be in a serious war to lose 10 soldiers, not to talk about 40 soldiers. So Nigeria must declare itself as a nation at war.

“What I think is happening in the North-East is what was happening here in Imo State when I came in 2011. Owerri was notorious for kidnapping and we were number one State for kidnapping when I came in to the extent that by 5.30 or 6pm everybody had gone home for fear of being kidnapped. But we tackled it and overcame.”

He condoled with the families of the slain sol diers.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/11/30/soldiers%E2%80%99-killings-declare-nigeria-nation-war-%E2%80%93-okorocha

Re: Soldiers’ Killings: Declare Nigeria A Nation At War – Okorocha by crestedaguiyi: 11:41am On Nov 30, 2018
this one go soon talk wetin go cos crises,
Re: Soldiers’ Killings: Declare Nigeria A Nation At War – Okorocha by Jothamthompson: 11:46am On Nov 30, 2018
BUHARI must Go
Re: Soldiers’ Killings: Declare Nigeria A Nation At War – Okorocha by magoo10(m): 11:55am On Nov 30, 2018

The governor said: “A nation has to be in a serious war to lose 10 soldiers, not to talk about 40 soldiers. So Nigeria must declare itself as a nation at war.

True talk but oga lie lie and his band of propagandists will twist reality.

(1) (Reply)

Cross River Governor, Ayade Inspecting Ongoing Road Maintenance In Calabar(pics) / Have You Bothered To Ask Who Is The Real Jubril ? / I Have Nothing To Do With Buhari’s Failure, Jonathan Replies Garba Shehu Read M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.