Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society (19574 Views)

Reconstruction Of Buba Marwa Road, Amuwo Odofin With Concrete / Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video / Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by autojosh: 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2018

In Lagos, Keke Marwa became very prevalent on roads after the ban on Okada activities in Lagos state.

They were considered a blessing – especially to those who plied routes that Okadas were prohibited from plying.

Sadly, Keke Marwa has become a terror on wheels on our roads.

Over time, Keke Marwa has degenerated into a terrible nightmare for road users in Lagos. They have become prime sources of trauma to commuters and other motorists.

These terror on the road have become notorious for reckless over-speeding, disobeying traffic rules and meandering through every available space between vehicles on snarled- up traffic situations,  leaving paint marks on other vehicles, etc. Clearly, Keke Marwa poses a great danger to the lives of those boarding it.

Some are wont to call for its outright ban. However, another school of thought believes a ban on Keke Marwa would lead Lagos state lead to a great traffic fiasco.

Indeed, Lagos state, with an incredible reputation for traffic gridlocks, is in a dilemma.

What do you think should be done to check the excesses of the Keke Marwa menace?

Source:

https://autojosh.com/keke-marwa-the-latest-menace-to-the-society/

7 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by iammo(m): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
Just like Micra drivers in Ibadan. The problem is with the drivers trying dangerously to meet up a daily target, as most are acquired through hire purchase from a microfinance with interest rates as High as 25% and late payment penalties. Failure to meet up payments usually means forfeiture of the tricycle and previous payments, State governments really need to step up their games on Mass transport systems, like metro buses and tramcars

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by solutionist: 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
The reason for the recklessness of the commercial Tricycle operators is simple: Poor regulation and enforcement of the law.

Meanwhile, the car you are looking for is in this gallery.

Hyundai Sonata (Black and Brown) (2011), Toyota Camry (2012), Rav 4 (2008), Toyota 4runner (2007), Toyota Corolla (2009), Toyota Corolla (2009), Honda Pilot (2006), Toyota Camry (2016), Toyota Avalon (2013), etc

Click on the link to seem the various cars with fantastic prices.

https://www.nairaland.com/4874096/cars-searching-gallery-see-amazing
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by lordm(m): 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2018
They should ban it.

2 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by chibike69: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
cool

Nigerians are very ungrateful. They keep shouting development but not ready to embrace it. India has more than 100million keke in their country, and their economy is booming. Why can't we emulate the increase in keke so that our economy will also grow?.

God bless Buba Marwa for introducing this great economic achievement.

I will sign an Executive order to make the importation of keke duty-free, so that i can create more jobs for graduates like i promised in 2015.

~ProsidentBuhari

22 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Jarus(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
A safer alternative to Okada in my view. And in areas I'm familiar with, they don't compete for main lanes of the road with cars, they only manouvre through the side spaces that would have hardly been useful to cars anyway.

I don't see them as menace.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Bustincole(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
Those days we thought Tipper driver are crazy until Danfo Driver came to awa midst

Dat one neva do, we dey manage d craze wey dey d danfo driver like dat, until okada arrive, den we realise dat Danfo are a frends

dat one sef neva do, we try and cope wit okada, until dis keke came fully, den we are now begging for dem to banned dem, if we did not accept dem like dat

wat will show up after dis will be brutal

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by PointZerom: 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
Expect more Keke on our roads seems it is the last hope of Buhari's impoverished citizens.

Jubril Al-Sudani is a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Khallyella(f): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
I've got phobia for marwa, usually imagine me being inside and a heavy wind blowing the marwa away grin

3 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by PBseller2847: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Original INEC Life Power. Its brand new and will give you at least 20 hrs back up on your Laptop. Stop wasting money to fuel Gen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by dotcomnamename: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Good
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by seunlly(m): 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Saving me from going late to class.

1 Like

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by OboOlora(f): 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Op, come see as Micra de worry people for Ibadan. Walahi e worse pass okada, train n keke napep together
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by davit: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for this piece. Honestly, kèké drivers are something on our roads nowadays. I think their operation seriously needs to be well regulated. And if not possible, they should be banned!

1 Like

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by priscilla3948: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
LET’S DIGITALLY AND CREATIVELY UPSKILL YOUR WORKFORCE WHICH HELPS DRIVE YOUR BUSINESS GROWTH – ADVANCE PRACTICAL CORPORATE ICT TRAINING

Organizations want employees who are engaged with their mission, values and vision and who have the skills needed to improve performance. Updating employees’ skills and preparing them for career advancement not only provides a better trained and more productive work force. It also generates higher employee satisfaction and retention.

Digital Marketing (Online Promotions, Email Marketing, SEO, Social Media Mgmt, Paid Ads etc)
Website Maintenance & Management (SEO, Site Speed, Corporate Blogging etc)
Website Design and Development
Graphics Design
Motion Graphics
Photography
Video Editing

NO THEORY – 100% PRACTICAL TRAINING EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR WORKFORCE!

Companies like NEM Insurance, Poise Home and several other corporate entities trust us to digitally and creatively upskill their workforce. We are not only highly affordable, our training are crafted with practical and industry focused approach

You've got the talented Workforce. We help to digitally and creatively refine it!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE AFTER TRAINING SESSIONS - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT. YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE WORLD BANK!

1 Share

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by seunlly(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2018
Khallyella:
I've got phobia for marwa, usually imagine me being inside and a heavy wind blowing the marwa away grin
Or Trailer overtake it beside 3rd Mainland bridge.
Bye bye
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by RanayP(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2018
Na

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by wagazala: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2018
There is no fender or bumber in Lagos state without Marwa marks.

We are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Whenever I am driving i hate coming across them, especially in traffic. But i can never forget the night i hired one to take me from Abule Egba to Ikeja at night. Dude made the journey through the crazy traffic in a few minutes. I am sure cars stuck in that traffic will take at least 2hrs for the same journey.

Perhaps a ban on major roads?

7 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by ednut1(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2018
Una don come again.

1 Like

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by congorasta: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2018
k
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by lekkan(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Okay buh how?
I mean how?
How did this piece manage to get to FP?
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by seunlly(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
davit:
Thanks for this piece. Honestly, kèké drivers are something on our roads nowadays. I think their operation seriously needs to be well regulated. And if not possible, they should be banned!
Not without government providing Jobs for them. We have graduate among them.
So if they ban it, what do you want them to be doing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by myettiallah: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Khallyella:

so u have never used it before?
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Darkseid(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
As bad as these keke drivers are, these aboki okada men that have taken over Lagos are far worse.

13 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Na people livelihoods oh

The world is not only for rich people

undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by sexiestharam(f): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
I hate keke marwa. I even feel okada is safer. They never use their side mirrors. Even where their side mirrors are located can't make them see. They ride as their spirits lead which is so dangerous. Only God saves people in this country. No sensible regulations.

3 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Sensation55(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ok...very good
Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by Yeoldeone(m): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Here in Anambra state, the use of Keke over motorcycles has been a blessing that is still celebrated till today. Before the ban of motorcycles in Anambra state, the rate of accidents and crime was so high as to be happening almost everyday but now it is no longer so.

6 Likes

Re: Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society by loadedvibes: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Lol.. this thread is gonna get diverse views o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Should Know As An Aspiring Immigrant / Spanish Government Deports 23 Nigerians / Lagos Women's Run Holds Tomorrow. List Of Closed Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.