Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere (2752 Views)

Why Is It That Air Conditioner Doesn't Cool Properly Drying Wet Season? / My Benz User - What Do You Know About Ml350 From 2007-2009 / My Mechanic Colonized My Benz. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 10:48am On Dec 02, 2018
I just got a Benz s500 w220 and I noticed that the ac only cools from the center console vent of the dashboard, all other vents blow hot air(as in like steam engine). I Ave drained and refilled the gas but it still remains the same.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by mayor2013: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2018
justiniyke29:
I just got a Benz s500 w220 and I noticed that the ac only cools from the center console vent of the dashboard, all other vents blow hot air(as in like steam engine). I Ave drained and refilled the gas but it still remains the same.

Take it to a garage for proper diagnosis. A lot of things could be responsible

3 Likes

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2018
mayor2013:

I took it to one ac technician and he says I should change the air cleaner first but I don't know why one vent will be chilling and the others are blowing hot air. Thanks for the advice
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by mosbus: 11:22am On Dec 02, 2018
[quote author=justiniyke29 post=73484366] I took it to one ac technician and he says I should change the air cleaner first but I don't know why one vent will be chilling and the others are blowing hot air. Thanks for the advice [/quote

Your refrigerant has dropped.

You have leakage in the system it could be your compressor seal or evaporator.

Your cabin filter isn't the cause for that.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 11:44am On Dec 02, 2018
mayor2013:

Big man car, big expensive bills....

1 Like

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 11:46am On Dec 02, 2018
justiniyke29:

Visit a proper AC technician, it could be a whole host of issues....

Might even require a complete AC system overhaul...
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Visit a proper AC technician, it could be a whole host of issues....

Might even require a complete AC system overhaul...
when you say system overhaul what do you mean? Is it refilling again or changing parts?
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2018
[quote author=mosbus post=73484609][/quote] so should I first check out for leakage or what? Thanks for the advice.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2018
justiniyke29:
when you say system overhaul what do you mean? Is it refilling again or changing parts?

Either, expect the worse but hope for the best...
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 12:39pm On Dec 02, 2018
[quote author=mosbus post=73484609][/quote]
I disagree.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Big man car, big expensive bills....
I am buying you an S420 W140. Free gift.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by FSolar: 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2018
justiniyke29:

If you are in Lagos, visit AutoDoc. His garage is at Ifako-gbagada. He would gladly attend to you on this swiftly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2018
weyreypey:

I am buying you an S420 W140. Free gift.

Thank you very much Boss..... Can I be greedy and request a swap?

Honda NSX hybrid sports, my ideal choice.... Thank you...
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Thank you very much Boss..... Can I be greedy and request a swap?

Honda NSX hybrid sports, my ideal choice.... Thank you...
Over to Gazzuzz sir
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2018
FSolar:

If you are in Lagos, visit AutoDoc. His garage is at Ifako-gbagada. He would gladly attend to you on this swiftly.
He won't have time for this. The op should be ready to wait a long time to have service. I recommend radautoworks seems the man there has a thing for Mercedes Benz air-conditioning system.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by mayor2013: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2018
With the help of a manifold guage what was the pressure on the high side and low side
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2018
General rule of thumb if you are buying an older Mercedes Benz, expect all sort of associated gremlins... The previous owner probably sold it because he does not like gremlins (I bet he said AC only required regassing)...... One of the oldest lies in the car trade.....

Expect to see more gremlins, of an electrical nature etc etc etc

2 Likes

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2018
weyreypey:

Over to Gazzuzz sir

GAZZUZZ needs to spend some of those political sienna's, used for spiritual ministration........
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:
General rule of thumb if you are buying an older Mercedes Benz, expect all sort of associated gremlins... The previous owner probably sold it because he does not like gremlins (I bet he said AC only required regassing)...... One of the oldest lies in the car trade.....

Expect to see more gremlins, of an electrical nature etc etc etc

Fixing the car for basic functions is cheaper than owning a Japanese of similar specs
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:

GAZZUZZ needs to spend some of those political sienna's, used for spiritual ministration........
Hehehe he can. Gazzuzz is about to do a year end free givings
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2018
weyreypey:

Fixing the car for basic functions is cheaper than owning a Japanese of similar specs

The efizzy factor sef is enuf.....
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The efizzy factor sef is enuf.....
This is bulletproof... Going for buttons

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
weyreypey:

This is bulletproof... Going for buttons

Diana and Dodi, would not say this is bulletproof o... grin

1 Like

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2018
weyreypey:

Hehehe he can. Gazzuzz is about to do a year end free givings

I dey frontline dey wait, with my big bowl.....
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Diana and Dodi, would not say this is bulletproof o... grin
They rode in a car already abandoned by the hotel. Benz threatened to sue the royal family when such claims were made.... The royal family promptly kept quayet and never mentioned such heresy anymore

1 Like

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I dey frontline dey wait, with my big bowl.....
Hehehe.... Na 16 tires... Just 4 I need. @ Gazzuzz
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by FSolar: 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2018
weyreypey:

He won't have time for this. The op should be ready to wait a long time to have service. I recommend radautoworks seems the man there has a thing for Mercedes Benz air-conditioning system.

HE ALWAYS MAKES TIME FOR ALL HIS CUSTOMERS (BOTH NEW AND EXISTING). HE HAS A VERY EFFICIENT STAFF STRENGTH AND BE REST ASSURED YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS.

justinskye29 I would have said you should mention who gave you the recommendation but you need not. Just go there and have a feel first-hand. You can give him a call right away on 08103607915 .
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 1:09pm On Dec 02, 2018
FSolar:

HE ALWAYS MAKES TIME FOR ALL HIS CUSTOMERS (BOTH NEW AND EXISTING). HE HAS A VERY EFFICIENT STAFF STRENGTH AND BE REST ASSURED YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS.

justinskye29 I would have said you should mention who gave you the recommendation but you need not. Just go there and have a feel first-hand. You can give him a call right away on 08103607915 .
I will only work with him. But he will not receive such attention from him personally. The staff are not him
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2018
justiniyke29:

check high and low pressures with a pressure gauge.

if withing normal limits check the duo valves that transfer heat from the engine to the cabin. They are designed to feed the cabin warmth by regulating the quantity of hot coolant flow to the heater core. When stuck open the a/c will feel in efficient.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by FSolar: 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2018
weyreypey:

I will only work with him. But he will not receive such attention from him personally. The staff are not him

He doesn't operate at your level of thinking/generalisation. You also could go check him out.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2018
FSolar:

He doesn't operate at your level of thinking/generalisation. You also could go check him out.
I will not descend into the gutters with you... just to drive home my point.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

check high and low pressures with a pressure gauge.

if withing normal limits check the duo valves that transfer heat from the engine to the cabin. They are designed to feed the cabin warmth by regulating the quantity of hot coolant flow to the heater core. When stuck open the a/c will feel in efficient.
I am not sure but I think I saw 120 and 50 something when they were checking it while filling up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Traffic In Dubai Looks Like (picture) / How To Know If A Car Is Stolen Or Genuine Before Purchase / Ordering From The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.