Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives (15165 Views)

Urgently Need A Juice Production Plant With 5000 Bottles Per Hour Capacity!! / Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant, As Ghana Comes Pleading / Jonathan To Open Innoson Auto Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by confetti(f): 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2010
Eziachi:

I was surprised that the guy wanted to start in Nigeria in the first place, he is not the first and won’t be the last. I can site many instances of our guys ideas which a rotten Nigeria system that judge even business on ethnicity.  How many orders had the governments placed from the company to encourage them?

In a decent country that means business, Innosco sales executives should have been in Uganda with Jonathan as he promote the first indigenous auto company in African and sell it to his other colleagues.
My family business five years ago, built a food factory in Botswana that employs over 280 people after being messed around for years unending by Nigerian bureaucratic nonsense and red tape. We had the Citreon franchise for West/Central Africa but had to take it to DR Congo in 1985 because Nigerian rulers want a cut into what they knew nothing about and my family refused and they started playing politics of import license until we had enough.

Awutollo Group from  Abatete in Anambra state built the biggest plastic plants in Bamenda in Cameroon and Gabon because of the same problem. He is the richest man in Cameroon as we speak but few Cameroonians knew he is Biafran.  He employs over 2000 people in that country alone.
Hezekiah Ugwunze from Oba in Idemilli, had to close his Gordon shoe factory after many years of frustration by Nigeria and their unworkable and unfriendly business environment.  And now you wonder, why we wanted Biafra by all mean, as many of our guys, including my own family businesses will come back with all the jobs they had exported and who can argue the impact it will have on our youths and unemployment.

I couldn't help sighing after reading this. Its Nigeria for you. This was what they did to Agbalaka and plenty of his likes. I have forgotten the name of the prof whose method of mathematics is being used in Australia today. He was also neglected by the nigerian government. Sometimes I pray for oil to finish so Nigeria can divide for good. Imagine our graduates roaming the streets of nigeria without any job. I keep imagining the impact of over 2,000 jobs just from one company alone in Igboland. Gush! foreigners would run to our country same way we are running to europe.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by DisGuy: 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
What Lagos state Govt needs to do is, buy a few Buses and run them for a while, if they pass the durability test, then I see no reasons why Goverments all over Nigeria should not patronise them after all,

Have the state govt where he is operating from at the moment invested in them? Why aren't most South Eastern,South Southern state investing in them at the moment, the Rivers, Calabar etc etc just commissioned thousands  of buses imported from Brazil and elsewhere,
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by KnowAll(m): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2010
Have the state govt where he is operating from at the moment invested in them? Why aren't most South Eastern,South Southern state investing in them at the moment, the Rivers, Calabar etc etc just commissioned thousands of buses imported from Brazil and elsewhere,

[size=14pt]Lagos is one of the main gateways to Nigeria, when u see made in Nigeria Buses running from Ketu to CMS on a daily basis and noting adverse is happening to the Buses, b4 long transporter's and other stake holder's in the transportation business would be showering the product with encomiums, as soon as that happens it would spread like wild fire. Every LG from Potiskum to Mushin would start ordering the product.

The product needs to have a footprint in a mega urban city like Lagos for its vitality, vulnerabality and durability to be appreciated. [/size]
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by na2day(m): 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2010
. . .and while they're churning out the buses, innoson need to consider the TATA NANO MODEL, a car for d masses that cost 100,000 Rupees [that's about 300,000 Naira] with this, an average nigerian joe can afford a brand new car!
if govt no patronise dem, we go patronise dem.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2010
nice one broda, i think ghana is where am thinking so set up my flying school too, and handgliders and light aircraft manufacturing plants, am tired of nigeria hostility
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by Gbawe: 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2010
na2day!:

. . .and while they're churning out the buses, innoson need to consider the TATA NANO MODEL, a car for d masses that cost 100,000 Rupees [that's about 300,000 Naira] with this, an average nigerian joe can afford a brand new car!
if govt no patronise dem, we go patronise dem.

This is why we cannot move forward without good leadership. Tata is ripping off Africa big time same as all other non-African firms are doing !!! The Nano you mentioned is not available in Ghana because helping Ghanaians and Africans to enjoy cheap motoring is not Tata's mission. The base model in Ghana , marketed through PHC (Tata's main dealer in Ghana) like the Indica ( $10, 500) and Indigo ($12, 350) are not competitive taking into account the spending power of most Ghanaians !!!

Check out the models available to Ghanaians here:

http://www.phcmotors.net/vehicles/tata/indigo-home.php

If you want to speak to a sales person to confirm the price I listed call 0244 836 322 (from Ghana) or 00233 244 836 322 from Nigeria and ask for the Price of the base Models (Indica and indigo).

If we had driven and focused leadership , we should be talking about Innoson becoming the Tata of Africa and not contemplating its relocation to a Nation now consumed with a decietful desire to undermine everything Nigerian.

The FG should help Innoson remain in Nigeria to develop into serious challengers to the likes of Tata for African Market space because I dont think it will be difficult for Innosun to undercut the likes of Tata when the cheapest car Tata is producing for Ghanaians start from $10, 500 !!!! We need real value for Africa and Africans . We will not get that if we concede the running of our Major industries to non-Africans . Ghana , when dealing with Nigeria (as Glo shows),  will "cut its nose to spite its face anyday" !!! The same is not true for many African Countries and the FG , if at all visionary , should recognise what innoson can become with support .

If the Ghanaian Govt is busy trying to undermine  the success of a Nigerian Company (Globacom) that wants to provide better service and telecom value for Ghanaians , how will innoson fare in Ghana?
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by cecegorz(m): 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2010
Mine oh mine, checking through their website, i couldn't believe this is right under our nose.
It has been proven all over the world that one man with a genuine vision can pull the economy to its feet.

I wish this guy can go ahead and put together a crack Business development team that can positively engage the various govt strata in order to push this dream ( if you doubt the power of govt to boost such a venture, read up on the VW Beetles and the Ford Model T).

I am just thinking about the spin off manufacturing businesses that this single industry can create and the attendant job opportunities.

No need of buying more bombs and grenades to fight crime because when people are creatively engaged, the crime rate will naturally reduce to a bare minimum.

My country!!! Can we get it right for once? just this one time?

This company will not die nor relocate!!!
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by GAR3TH(m): 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2010
found some more pictures of some vechiles courtesy of chriskay in the auto section.
link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-358817.0.html
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by otokx(m): 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2010
Interesting
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by scorpio1(m): 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2010
Fashola will never patronize, Nigeria will never support, why?, Because it's from Igboland, if this were in Lagos now, you would have felt the impact, !!!
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by KnowAll(m): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
Fashola will never patronize, Nigeria will never support, why?, Because it's from Igboland, if this were in Lagos now, you would have felt the impact, !!!

[size=14pt]The Onus is on the company to sell the geniuety and durability of their products to the sceptics and all asundry and not State goverments chasing the company, perharps a few give away might help but then this would not be a good strategy for a new company who has probably mortgaged herself to the hilt.[/size]
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by DisGuy: 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2010
scorpio1:

Erm Nigeria is also made up of Igbos, and the transportation business in Nigeria is predominantly controlled by Igbos-The Young Shall Grow, Odili Chukwu, ABC transport etc- so stop blaming other people, when those close to home are not investing in this 'great business' idea
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by igahdavid(m): 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2010
I think the guy should leave Naija at once and go to Ghana. Do you know what he passed through before setting that plant. He had to smuggle most of the equipments into nigeria. The first set of equipments he imported was seized by customs and totally disappeared afterwards. They tried eveything possible to make sure that plant didnt start, but they failed.
He should leave, before he will wake up one morning to find the plant sealed by federal govt. for no reason.
Remember what happened to IBETO
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by Akosbaba(m): 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2010
I don't expect the guy to ponder too much before moving to ghana
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by Akosbaba(m): 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2010
I don't expect the guy to ponder too much before moving to ghana
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by adconline(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2010
Have the state govt where he is operating from at the moment invested in them? Why aren't most South Eastern,South Southern state investing in them at the moment, the Rivers, Calabar etc etc just commissioned thousands of buses imported from Brazil and elsewhere,
please state govts out of this, IVM does not need them as investors, but rather as customers. If they invest, they wield political influence which opens door to mago mago and jibiti. Let them go and manage ANAMCO. Peter Obi should order TRACAS to order about 100 buses for a pilot programme.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by asha80(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
Dis Guy:

Erm Nigeria is also made up of Igbos, and the transportation business in Nigeria is predominantly controlled by Igbos-The Young Shall Grow, Odili Chukwu, ABC transport etc- so stop blaming other people, when those close to home are not investing in this 'great business' idea

Read the artcle

Some of the buses were sighted on the East-Lagos route, while a popular transport firm, Autostar recently took delivery of some units of the air-conditioned midi version.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by bidemi12(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2010
He'd be a fool not to jump ship. Unless he's in business for philantropic reasons then he shouldn't take the ghana offer.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by Guyman02: 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2010
The vehicle components are imported from China and assembled in Nigeria, this will create local jobs in Nigeria and is a good start. The Chinese will not transfer technology fully to Innoson or Nigeria (they will continue to dump their products here). Its also known that Chinese made vehicles do not meet EU safety standards and so are restricted to developing economies like Nigeria.
All we need is to fit speed regulators and restrict the vehicles to intracity transportation by patronising Innoson. With time there will surely be improvements and the buses will start competing with the likes of Macopolo and most of the parts will be produced locally.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by londoner: 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2010
I think we would all understand if he takes up the offer, but sooner or later it will end in tears as they turn their backs on him, precisely because it is a Nigerian company. He should not jump ship, he should expand though. At the end of the day the company is employing Nigerians as we speak, why would any Nigerian want to applaud an end to that? The Nigerians gov should take note and instead make it a better move for him to stay.

Upon reading the article further, the guy has stated he will make sure his home market is served first in quality and quantity before he takes up an offer in Ghana. I guess it depends on how attractive the offer is. Time will tell.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by londoner: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2010
Reacting to the offer by the Ghanaian government to avail himself of the attractive incentives in their country and set up a plant, Chukwuma said he would give it a serious thought, after the Nnewi auto maker has stabilised.

He said: “I consider it a big honour and privilege for the government of Ghana to make me such a rare offer. I will think about it. But for now, the important thing is to make sure that there is enough patronage for Innoson vehicles in Nigeria, and that Innoson itself meets the demand of the local market in terms of quality, volume and after-sales support. That is our major target for now. Of course, after that, we will be glad to hit Ghana
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by seanet02: 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2010
this must not happen again, why will allow this to happen after all what ghana is doing to us Please don't let this happen.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by hackney(m): 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2010
If i was the innoson or whatever i would have moved since.
Why would one have sentimental  attachments to a dustbin in the name of patriotism or whatever
is keeping them?
He should go to ghana and prosper without hassles abeg.

Befor you know it, ghana will arrange it so well that nigeria will be importing the buses from
ghana with whatever price ghana sets.
Our politicians will then award billions of naira contracts to buy them and loot.

Meanwhile malaysia we taught palm-oil production is now selling to us.

I think the continous prayers by the churches, etc is why God has not sorted out that country.
They should stop firing prayers to support the leaders rather they should pray for punishment
to any politicians that deserve it.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by sjeezy8: 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2010
He should pleaseeeeeee go to ghana I was thinking of doing the same thing some years back- and I KNOW I HAVE THE MIGHT TO FINANCE such projects and the POLITICAL CONNECTIONS to get its exposure.

lol Go to ghana PLEASE
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by londoner: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2010
They guy is in the business of buses, transport., He knows he is in the best country for that. He is not saying Nigeria is a dustbin or rushing off to Ghana. He knows what he is talking about the transportation sector has made many a Nigherian man (especially Igbo) millionaires. How much is he going to make in Ghana with luxurous buses? Much less than he can in Nigeria.

If his factory is as good as the article suggests, he is not starving or struggling in the country some of you here are painting as a hell hole.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by mamagee3(f): 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2010
What's with all the news popping out from Ghana everyday.

I'm guessing it's because of their World Cup progress in South Africa.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2010
Ghana is annoying!!! Then they will claim it and put heavy taxes on the ones going to Nigeria, Inno company should know that he stand to make more money by exporting the product to Ghana although Ghana might impose huge sum on it, Ghana is ony .01% of African market that will be dying for this. Putting the Company where other parts are manufactured in Igbo land is the best idea. Ghana will mess you up!! They will have a protectionist policy that will want a Ghanaian to be head etc, Experiment with Nigeria and see where it goes. Nigerian government and transit should start buying buses from them. In the US here public transit buses and trains are manufactured right at home. But imagine Nigeria where cost of production will be a lot cheaper. Nigeria stands to gain a lot.

9ja independence goes on. Next our own cars, jet fighter, passenger planes (G5 for me), exotic cars etc, comes to the scene and no longer depend on you know who,
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by kinharold(m): 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2010
Poor PHCN is not enough reason to go to Ghana. you can make enough profit to cover that.

ask MTN and the others
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by asha80(m): 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2010
9jaganja:

Ghana is annoying!!! Then they will claim it and put heavy taxes on the ones going to Nigeria, Inno company should know that he stand to make more money by exporting the product to Ghana although Ghana might impose huge sum on it, Ghana is ony .01% of African market that will be dying for this. Putting the Company where other parts are manufactured in Igbo land is the best idea. Ghana will mess you up!! They will have a protectionist policy that will want a Ghanaian to be head etc, Experiment with Nigeria and see where it goes. Nigerian government and transit should start buying buses from them. In the US here public transit buses and trains are manufactured right at home. But imagine Nigeria where cost of production will be a lot cheaper. Nigeria stands to gain a lot.

9ja independence goes on. Next our own cars, jet fighter, passenger planes (G5 for me), exotic cars etc, comes to the scene and no longer depend on you know who,

This is where the problem is guy.When will that happen?
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by Gbawe: 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2010
londoner:

They guy is in the business of buses, transport., He knows he is in the best country for that. He is not saying Nigeria is a dustbin or rushing off to Ghana. He knows what he is talking about the transportation sector has made many a Nigherian man (especially Igbo) millionaires. How much is he going to make in Ghana with luxurous buses? Much less than he can in Nigeria.

If his factory is as good as the article suggests, he is not starving or struggling in the country some of you here are painting as a hell hole.

Many Nigerians are not willing to reason as you do above. They prefer to praise others , based solely on false hype , while running their own nation down unfairly . They cannot even bother to do a little fact-finding research . That is how deep their self-hatred run. It is still shocking that most posters cannot be bothered to even comment about the xenophobia against Nigerians in Ghana yet they will probably be the quickest , in the diaspora, to take their white employers to various tribunal for racism and discrimination.

kinharold:

Poor PHCN is not enough reason to go to Ghana. you can make enough profit to cover that.

ask MTN and the others

Indeed. Rapid ROI (return on investment) and considerable local consumer market is especially important for a new entrant to the Vehicle Manufacturing business.  It is ridiculously simplistic to ask this guy to relocate to Ghana when his biggest Market by far will be Nigeria. Pointless to illogically create logistic , insurance and transportation headaches for yourself simply because you want to be based in a Country that is ridiculously overhyped . Add to that the fact that Ghanaians , with almost every single action these days, are now overtly showing that they are keen to create problems for Nigerians rather than even attempt to get along with them.
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by ikeyman00(m): 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@

he should stay in nigeria

simple thing

if anyone doesnt like it they should relocate theirselves from lagos to accra
Re: Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2010
asha 80:

This is where the problem is guy.When will that happen?

Cost of production is cheaper in Nigeria compared to many other economies in the world! In Nigeria though technology is becoming readily available it will be supported by cost of production cause of available resources. We have millions of rubber trees and almost naturally abundant iron ore so cost of such resources are already cheap but it is technology that might ruin it for us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Globacom Signs Deal With Eutelsat Of France For Satellite Deployment / Angola Overtakes Nigeria In Crude Oil Production / Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.