Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING (9035 Views)

See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) / This Long Python Was Killed On The Farm Yesterday / Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2018
If you are reading this, then i want to welcome you to GREEN PARTNERS, we are a social enterprise with the vision to foster youth participation in AGRIBUSINESS, focusing on a sustainable form of agricultural practices to produce healthy foods, create green collar jobs and strengthens food security in Sub-Sahara Africa.

OBJECTIVE OF THIS TRAINING:
1. To training individuals that will start growing mushroom for commercial/Small scale purpose.

2. The farmer should be able to earn minimum of 100% growing his or her own mushroom

3. To create Green Collar Job (Youth/Individuals with TIME but has no FUNDS to Start the business)

2019 IS A GO!

FREE MUSHROOM TRAINING!!!

GREEN PARTNERS OFFERS: 2 WEEKS INTENSIVE ON THE FARM TRAINING.

DATE: JANUARY 4TH, 2019.

FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT KAY:
WHATSAPP: 08058079753
MOBILE: 07063396991

NOTE: LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE.
NOTE: ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE FOR THOSE COMING FROM FAR DISTANCE.

You can also comment your whatsapp number and we will contact you

We hope you will find this information helpful.

Before we dive into the training proper, kindly read the following article published by The Sun News paper (online), dated 31st of July, 2017.
Stories by: Steve Agbota styvenchy@yahoo.com

Topic: Earn good income from mushroom farming

The cultivation of mushroom is one of the most money-spinning agricultural jobs in Nigeria but people are yet to explore the potential, despite the country’s conducive climate for high volume of mushroom production.

Mushroom is an essential vegetable, which regularly grows in the forest with medicinal value. It is rich in protein, Vitamin B, and minerals, phosphorus and also has a large global demand.

Mushrooms cultivation is not just stimulated by their various exploits in staple meals but is also largely motivated by their wide range of uses. It is also cultivated and sold commercially in over 60 countries like the US, France, Poland, the Netherlands, among other European countries. Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and a host of other African nations are also known for mushrooms cultivation.

Experts in the mushroom business say the profitability of mushroom cultivation is comparatively higher than that of cassava, rice and cotton if given proper attention. Reports have it that China produces more than eight million metric tonnes of mushrooms valued at over $40 billion and employing over 30 million people. Farmers said that government could replicate it by paying attention to mushrooms farming because it can reduce poverty and create up to five million jobs for youths.

However, recent official statistics from the National Farmers Information Service (NAFIS), have shown that Nigeria produces 300 tonnes of mushrooms per year against a demand of 1,200 tonnes. This implies that consumers, both homes, hotels and restaurants have to look to other countries to import it since the local farmers cannot meet the demand.

Experts said it is cheaper to set up a mushroom farm because it requires little space to grow it and can be started with N10,000 to N40,000 depending on how big you want your mushroom farm to be. There are some species of edible mushrooms, including oyster, shiitake, morel, psychedelic mushrooms, among others. For instance, oyster mushrooms take less than 40 days to mature and a plot of farm with 1,000 bags platforms can give potential investors as much as 2 tonnes of produce and each kilogramme goes for an average price of N2,000 and this can translate to as much as N4 million in sales revenue. Potential investors are advised to visit experts for more information before they start the farming.

According to CEO of Silverculture Farms, Mr. Mayowa Silver, Nigeria is a good place for mushroom business as the climate is perfect for its cultivation and it can be grown all year round, creating employment, healthy living and wealth for farmers.
As the market is expanding, he said companies can use the mushrooms to make beverages, soy and powder and for the value addition of diversifying by marketing mushrooms dried or pickled or as part of a food menu, especially for oyster mushrooms.
Only recently the President of Mushroom Farmers Association of Nigeria (MFAN), Mr. Olukanmi Balogun, said estimated Nigeria’s demand for mushroom is around 1,000 to 2,000 metric tonnes per year, adding that mushroom production could create jobs in Nigeria and reduce poverty and restiveness, which have characterized the youth in recent times.

According to him, if well articulated, mushroom business was capable of improving the agricultural output as well as boosting the industrial development of the nation. He added: “Mushrooms cultivation is a ‘white agricultural revolution’ and if a youth was empowered with at least N30,000 to N40,000 to learn mushroom cultivation, they would be able to have a turnover of between N500,000 to N1 million within 6-10 months.”
However, an expert from Goerge Ofori Farms said potential investors should consider the following tips before venturing into mushrooms business. Knowing the market for growing mushrooms. It is very important for you to understand both your supply chain and the market for mushrooms before you start a mushroom farm.
You need to know where to get your mushroom supplies from and how much money the supplies will cost you and just how stable the cost is because understanding the market is key to making it in the mushroom growing business.

You need to know the going rate for the type of mushrooms you want to grow so that you can determine even before you start production whether there is a profit margin for you after you have taken out the total cost of growing the mushrooms. Don’t forget to calculate the cost of transporting or shipping the mushrooms once they are ready for sale.

Carrying out feasibility study before growing mushrooms
While the opportunities to make money in this business might be glaringly obvious at times, it is important that you do your feasibility studies before you commit to growing mushrooms as a business. You cannot just venture into the mushroom growing business without studying the necessary requirements or the cost it entails. It is better to carry out a proper and detailed feasibility study to determine the practicality of the business, the profitability, the financial implications, potential markets and the supply chains before starting.

Have a budget for your mushroom growing business
Running a business without a budget is bad business and it is no different in the mushroom growing business. You need to have a budget for your mushroom business so as to know how much you have to do business with and how much you will need.

If you are just starting up a mushroom growing business, you need to have some money set aside as start-up capital to develop and maintain your business before you start earning a return from your mushroom growing activities.
You will also need money to pay for expenses related to mushrooms with spawns, substrates, compost, housing, freezer for storing the mushrooms and other related equipment. You will need to establish a budget for every stage of the investment.

A business plan is essential for your mushroom growing business
You will need a business plan for your mushroom farm. Starting a mushroom growing business without a plan for the business is a recipe for disaster. You don’t want to go down that route. Getting started will require a clear and continuous plan. A business plan is a formal statement of your goals for the business, the reasons why you believe the goals can be achieved, and the plan for reaching those goals. Putting all these tips into use in your mushroom growing business gives you a greater chance at successfully raising mushrooms for sale and earning massive profits in the process.

With the above write up, an sure you can see the potential in mushroom farming and also the potential work input that might be involve in carrying out the business successfully.

Going forward, the major part of this training will be practical video session from our mushroom facility.

BASIC STEPS IN MUSHROOM FARMING:
1. Growing Space
2. Purchase of Spawn (Seeds). We supply quality SPAWN
3. Substrates preparation
4. Bagging the substrates
5. Sterilizing/Pasteurizing your substrates
6. Inoculation of your substrates bag
7. Incubating the substrates
8. Fruiting

Before going into other details, i will like to know if i have interested persons following...

6 Likes

Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by babyboy4every1: 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2018
Following sir
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by amerengues(m): 2:44am On Dec 03, 2018
Am following
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by Lafarm: 6:44am On Dec 03, 2018
Following.
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by noniboy231(m): 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2018
Following
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by benzion72(m): 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 3:17am On Dec 04, 2018
Glad to see that we have people following this thread, and hope you are able to make money from this business come 2019.

1. Growing Space: This can be categorize as your farm land in the normal conventional farming. Note: This can rage from that little space in your house or backyard, or it can mean an abandon poultry house or a vacant parcel of land or renting of a space in an existing mushroom farm. All this is a factor of how much you capital you are able to raise. This option of RENTING A SPACE IN A EXISTING FARM might the cheapest option but where you are situated is also a factor in the last option. If interested in the last option of renting a space, you can talk to us.

We will explain more about the GROWING SPACE IN THE UP COMING VIDEO AFTER THIS SESSION.

2. Purchase of Spawn (Seeds): This are seeds needed for mushroom farming. Just like every other farm practices, you need to sow a seed to harvest anything at all. And the quality of of your seed is a factor to determine your yield, this is also applicable in mushroom production. We produce first generation spawns(seeds) with good organic supplement to assure you of good yield.

3. Substrates preparation: This is like the soil where mushroom grows. And its produced by mixing sawdust with wheat brawn or wheat offa and a very little of calcium carbonate. You can also decide to buy a ready to be planted (inoculate) substrate might also be the easiest for you as a starter.

4. Bagging the substrates: Bagging the substrates in block form. I looks like the picture below after mixing and bagging

5. Sterilizing/Pasteurizing your substrates: This is the next stage after bagging your substrates. This is a process of whereby you arrange your blocks into a big pot or a drum depending on the quantity of your substrates and then steam pasteurize to kill any germs that might be present in the prepared substrates bags.

6. Inoculation of your substrates bag: This is the process of planting your seeds (spawns) by sprinkling it into the just pasteurized bags. Now its time to incubate.

7. Incubating the substrates: Incubating, keep the growing area at around 78 degrees F. Places the bags on a shelving unit or arrange them on the floor. Remember to stop an threats be it rodent or cockroaches. Keeping the natural light getting into the room must be little. Cover windows and cracks. With the condition of the incubating room, in few days after inoculating, you begin the see some white things growing on the bags. Those white thread like thing is called the mycelium.

8. Fruiting: This is the fruit body and this is the stage you want to see in your farm.

In the videos, you will get to see how all this is practically done and you can replicate the same.

Kindly ask questions before moving to the video practical part of this session.

Thanks, hope to read from you guys before next session.

1 Like

Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by famagro: 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2018
can I get the video of the training and where are you located for practicals. 08101290388

1 Like

Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ejibamui: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2018
can u pls send me A to Z video of Mushroom production? Thanks for ur good work.
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 6:07pm On Dec 04, 2018
Sure you can come for practical in our facility. On Thursday, we will be recording a new video practical. We will post the video link here. Our office is located 21, Agriculture road, Atan Nla, Ipaja, Ayobo, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos. For details kindly reach me via mobile/WhatsApp: 08058079753
famagro:
can I get the video of the training and where are you located for practicals. 08101290388

1 Like

Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2018
ejibamui:
can u pls send me A to Z video of Mushroom production? Thanks for ur good work.
Sure, we will be posting the video practicals here. Just stay tuned.
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 1:35am On Dec 07, 2018
Good day guys. Guess we are doing great today?

Find the link to the video tutorials below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY5wWdvfOIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItIwsRE2qzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGqkwbXg1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INs5d813iCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mzxdvNTYLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVx5GMWZjv0

Before i post the concluding parts of this video session, i will like to know if you guys are still interested and what you think will be your possible challenges to starting this business. KINDLY LIKE & SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL.

Thanks
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by Sodiq36: 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
Following lovingly! I am so much interested cos I have been waiting for this amazing opportunity. I will be so pleased to meet you for the practical. You are so wonderful for your kindness sir,pls continue. Thumb up!
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 11:30am On Dec 08, 2018
Thanks
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by Mukah1234(m): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2018
I'm following. How can I get your number?
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
WhatsApp/Mobile: 08058079753
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by mrvictor: 4:37am On Dec 10, 2018
Following
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
Today we are posting the concluding part of this free practical online session. Make sure you watch to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3nktJWzCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuMhO-lOts4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXXzsX_S9As

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8QXJEYgfFs
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 6:59am On Dec 18, 2018
2019 IS A GO!

NOTE: LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE.
NOTE: ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE FOR THOSE COMING FROM FAR DISTANCE.

You can also comment your whatsapp number and we will contact you
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 5:08am On Dec 19, 2018
Limited slots available.
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by esegift93: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 5:51am On Dec 20, 2018
esegift93:

We have sent you a message on what'sapp
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by ultrarich: 2:49am On Dec 21, 2018
2019 IS A GO!

Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by obisun(m): 1:33am On Jan 27, 2019
I'm interested in mushroom farming.
WhatsApp: 07039185894
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by Odufaikhimalo(f): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2020
am interested in the mushroom training. 07061659843 is my WhatsApp number
Re: FREE ON THE FARM (PRACTICAL) MUSHROOM TRAINING by BlancaColucci: 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
That sounds really interesting. I love mushrooms. I eat them basically every day. Moreover, I even drink mushroom tee for health improvement daily.
It would be really nice to learn how to grow mushrooms and the best condition for each sort of them. I guess medicinal mushrooms as shitake should be pretty hard to grow compared to Oyster mushrooms.
However, I donțt have to open a mushroom business, but it will be nice to find out more about the process of their growth. Might start growing some at home ))

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Land At Iwo, Osun State (updated with PICTURES) / Tiger Nut Milk Machine Price In Nigeria / Maize Planter With Fertiliser Applicator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.