Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari (11279 Views)

Throwback: Obiano Denies Obi’s N75bn Handover / Willie Obiano Appoints Anambra State Youngest Local Government Chairman. / Obiano Denies Supporting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by MeanChris(m): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2018
By News Agency of Nigeria - December 3, 2018

The Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, has decried reports that he was supporting the 2019 presidential bids of President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Obiano disclosed this in a statement by his Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, C-Don Adinuba, in Akwa, Anambra state.

He reiterated that he was supporting the ambition of the presidential candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, Gen. John Gbor, in the race.

He described stories that he was either supporting the PDP or the APC in the race as “wishful thinking.”

The statement said it was incumbent upon Obiano as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of APGA to support the presidential bid of his party’s candidate in the 2019 polls.

The statement read in part,”As the 2019 general election approaches, it is interesting how various politicians and political parties have been swooping on Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State in the belief that his role will be critical in deciding who wins the presidential vote.

“For instance, operatives of two of the leading political parties in Nigeria, the All Progressives Congress and the Peoples Democratic Party, have taken to the media to create the impression that the governor had endorsed their candidates in the forthcoming election.

“Some have even gone as far as reproducing a video of an event which took place in 2014 in a bid to give the impression that the event had just occurred.

“Governor Obiano is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the All Progressive Grand Alliance. He is also the APGA National Leader. These positions place heavy responsibilities on his shoulders. Therefore, any talk about him endorsing the presidential candidate of another party, let alone joining another party, is wishful thinking.”

The statement noted that unlike in two previous elections in the country, when APGA had no presidential candidates and was constrained to form an alliance with a ruling party, APGA has a credible presidential candidate for the 2019 general election.

The statement said APGA presidential candidate, Gbor had impressive qualifications including a doctorate and would formally inaugurate his presidential campaign on December 6 in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

It said in addition, APGA had remained the only development-oriented party in the country that cut across religious and tribal divides, noting that Gbor’s vision would make Nigeria a role model to developing countries across the globe.

https://www.today.ng/news/politics/2019-willie-obiano-denies-supporting-muhammadu-buhari-175636/amp?
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by MeanChris(m): 8:20am On Dec 03, 2018
Fellow Nigerians, Atiku may not be our right choice but it's a better choice to Buhari. The Buhari government has redefined all that is wrong with Nigeria to mean progress..

Poverty and Hunger
Nepotism
Corruption
Religious intolerance
Hate speech

Why I am clamouring for Atiku's presidency is because I believe the man standing beside him will make a difference.

Let me tell you a story about Peter Obi from my personal experience.

Peter Obi came into governance when I was in Jss1. My jss1 to jss3 was free tuition based, courtesy of free education from Peter Obi's government. I joined the Anambra state children's parliament. The parliament was so organized that we even received sitting allowances for every sitting. I can't quite remember how much but the last one I received in ss2 was #3,500. I owe my political exposure to that scheme.
When I was in ss2, Peter Obi gave my school 50 laptops and internet facility, same for all the sec schs in Anambra state. The impact of this act is so much on my life. I won a national ICT competition on 2010, my team came 2nd in the PDTF debate nationwide in 2011, I also won the south east physics Olympaid only to be defeated in Abuja. All these courtesy of the exposure of our computer lab where we sourced info (points for debate and past questions)
Peter Obi gave my school a school bus (innoson), same with all the secondary schools in Anambra. He gave my school a 30kva generator worth over 1.5 million, same to all the boarding secondary schools in Anambra. I benefitted so much from Peter Obi's government

My elder sister also received #1million from him when Peter Obi gave over 160 Anambra graduates, who bagged first class within 2006 to 2013, #1 million each..

To crown it all, he saved for the rainy day in Anambra.. that's why Anambra was never hit by the recent recession. Mr. Willie Obiano who continually denied Peter saved billions for Anambra couldn't repeat the same statement when asked on national television, during the last Anambra guber election debate.

This is our chance of getting the right man to the Job for once in this country.

Thanks for reading

God bless Nigeria!

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by crackerspub: 8:22am On Dec 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin

APC and propaganda are like 5 and 6

Painment at its finest level

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Promismike(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2018
Body language speaks voluminously.

He and Umahi has always shown support to buhari by subtle words and actions.

One thing about Nigerian politics and its politicians is that it's all about personal and regional interest.

No national interest or massess interest

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by katchagboro(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2018
Till after elections we go know the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Abjay97(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2018
This is how Nigerians will deny Buhari in 2019

33 Likes

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 03, 2018
Sure, only the true and Honest Nigerians support President Buhari.

We don't need any corrupt supporters and theives to join us.

We did it in 2015, we will do it again!

SAI BABA

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Denikayan: 8:23am On Dec 03, 2018
His support is No support

We have solely given PDP to south-east

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by davillian(m): 8:23am On Dec 03, 2018
grin
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by moscobabs(m): 8:23am On Dec 03, 2018
Who cares . with or without him Buhari is winning

1 Like

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Denikayan: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2018
Abjay97:

Wake up!

Stare at reality facing you.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by BabaIbo: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2018
LoL, fear of the people. Anyway he don support be say he don support.
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by BabaIbo: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2018
LoL, fear of the people. Anyway he don support be say he don support.
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Olalan(m): 8:24am On Dec 03, 2018
He just trying to be smart.......

1 Like

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by sdindan: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2018
I don't understand how people believe a governor in South East will make Buhari win a state in Igbo Land.

The governor's vote will be multiplied to 1m?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by CarGuideNG: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2018
Politics and it's disloyalty and duplicity.

Unlike politics and politicians, our word is our bond, and our service is authentic and premium.

Planning to buy a car? Worrying about buying one with serious damage? We are your solution.

Signature.
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2018
Abjay97:
wake up, it's morning time!

1 Like

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by BruncleZuma: 8:25am On Dec 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by NessaBoo(f): 8:25am On Dec 03, 2018
"The statement noted that unlike in two previous elections in the country, when APGA had no presidential candidates and was constrained to form an alliance with a ruling party, APGA has a credible presidential candidate for the 2019 general election"

There's nothing celebratory about this news for PDP at all....because this certainly means, the much needed vote they need from the South East will be split by another third formidable party there, coupled with IPOB's no election protest which is geared to cause voter's apathy already.

It seems PMB is gonna have a landslide victory bigger than in 2015

Its even plausible that this is all a plan by APGA and Obiano not to seemingly "Sell-Out" while ensuring victory for Buhari by splitting those precious votes PDP needs in that region.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by nonsobaba: 8:26am On Dec 03, 2018
I salute you my governor. We are voting APGA all the way.
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Bossontop(m): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2018
undecided
Me support or vote buhari??.........

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 03, 2018
Better for him.
Truth is, politicians speak in two ways,
1: what they say and
2: what they actually do

Let's wait for his body odour, sorry body language when the campaigns heats up.
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by peculiar32(f): 8:28am On Dec 03, 2018
and this is coming from someone that couldn't support himself when his wife gave him a dirty slap in public...who his support epp.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by NothingDoMe: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2018
TheGreenLand:
Sure, only the true and Honest Nigerians support President Buhari.

We don't need any corrupt supporters and theives to join us.

We did it in 2015, we will do it again!

SAI BABA
Lol. See painment.

The elders have taken charge of the situation grin
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by peculiar32(f): 8:30am On Dec 03, 2018
dianababy:
who cares
his side chicks

1 Like

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Sunofgod(m): 8:30am On Dec 03, 2018
But we saw the video where he said clearly he was backing buhari...

1 Like

Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2018
Lolzzzzz
Re: 2019: Willie Obiano Denies Supporting Muhammadu Buhari by NothingDoMe: 8:31am On Dec 03, 2018
Sunofgod:
But we saw the video where he said clearly he was backing buhari...
It's been sorted out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obaseki In Akwa Ibom, Campaigns For Buhari, Ekere / Dont Be Afraid Of Violence, Go Out And Vote, Buhari Tells Nigerians / FAAC Shares N1.1trn August Revenue Among Federal, State, Local Govts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.