Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. (2703 Views)

Pictures From AfriOne, Nigeria's First Phone Assembly Plant / Huawei Nova 4 Vs Samsung Galaxy A8s (punch Hole Displays) / Blackview BV9600 Plus: The World's First Rugged Phone With In-display Scanner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Dboy55(m): 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2018
Samsung Galaxy A8s will be the first phone with hole-in display tech, to launch December 10.

It appears Samsung will indeed be the first manufacturer to launch a phone with a hole in its display. Earlier today, Huawei announced the Nova 4 which also has a hole in its display will launch on December 17. Now Samsung’s poster for the Galaxy A8s has surfaced and it shows the phone will be coming a week earlier.

The Galaxy A8s was first teased a few months ago at the launch of the Galaxy A9s and Galaxy A6s in China. Now, it finally has a release date and that day is December 10. The poster revealing the launch date was posted on the official Weibo account of Samsung mobile.
The Galaxy A8s will have its hole at the top left corner. The hole will be home to the front-facing camera. The poster has the text “Real Galaxy” written on the phone of the screen but there is also a Chinese text at the bottom that translates into “insight into the future”. This is probably a confirmation that the design (Infinity O display) will show up in future devices (read Galaxy S10 series).
The Galaxy A8s is rumored to be powered by a Snapdragon 710 processor with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. It is reported to have a 6.39-inch display which is manufactured by BOE. Other specs include triple rear cameras in a 25MP + 5MP + 10MP configuration, a 24MP selfie camera, and a 3,400mAh battery. There are also rumors it may ditch the audio jack.

Source =gizmochina.com

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by henry007(m): 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Thedruggist: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2018
This is great and quite innovative
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Dboy55(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2018
Thedruggist:
This is great and quite innovative
They should have left the headphone jack though.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Olodo24: 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2018
this one go cost eeh
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by lilmax(m): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
crap
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Olodo24: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
Dboy55:

They should have (S)leave(/s) the headphone jack though.

left

O'boy I don go fall my hand. how I wan take learn these nairaland formats? 11 years on here and I still haven't learnt a thing
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Dboy55(m): 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
Olodo24:

left

O'boy I don go fall my hand. how I wan take learn these nairaland formats? 11 years on here and I still haven't learnt a thing
Lol,thanks
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Olodo24: 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2018
Dboy55:
Lol,thanks
abeg teach me
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:59pm On Dec 03, 2018
Samsung, the slayer of iphone, anyday anytime, always innovative, hardly copy trends, sets the pace, and others follow!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by flexerking(m): 11:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
this is innovation slapping all our faces at once. kiss sammy you too much abeg continue pushing forward to truly bezeless
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 11:06pm On Dec 03, 2018
flexerking:
this is innovation slapping all our faces at once. kiss sammy you too much abeg continue pushing forward to truly bezeless
i feel that they are reserving the completely bezeless feature for galaxy S10, that phone is going to be loaded with crazy specs!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Kaodek(m): 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
#Team Samsung

Iphone freak won't see this,but they will be the first set of people to observe Samsung's Agent using iphone to tweet.

#Samsung leads others follows

#thepacesetter

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by EricBloodAxe: 12:53am On Dec 04, 2018
All these charlatans above screaming #teamsamsung while typing from their fairly used tecno phones think God is not watching? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Friedyokes: 12:57am On Dec 04, 2018
EricBloodAxe:
All these charlatans above screaming #teamsamsung while typing from their fairly used tecno phones think God is not watching? undecided
grin

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by LOVEGINO(m): 3:28am On Dec 04, 2018
Woooow. Buhari is really working.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Olodo24: 4:21am On Dec 04, 2018
EricBloodAxe:

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by femi4: 5:06am On Dec 04, 2018
Olodo24:

left

use this type of bracket "[ ]" and change the first "s" to small letter

Example: leave
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Trex4(m): 5:32am On Dec 04, 2018
femi4:
use this type of bracket "[ ]" and change the first "s" to small letter

Example: leave
Please How Can I Do That One That The Images Would Be In The Post And Not Under?
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by femi4: 5:56am On Dec 04, 2018
Trex4:
Please How Can I Do That One That The Images Would Be In The Post And Not Under?
[img]imagelink/imageurl[/img]

E.g

Key points
1. Bracket type used
2. Small letters throughout
3. Forward slash (it leans forward) and not back slash used at the end

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by seunfly: 7:20am On Dec 04, 2018
Ok
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by falcon01: 8:15am On Dec 04, 2018
Olodo24:

left

cheesy
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by matterofsoftwar(m): 8:16am On Dec 04, 2018
Launching date of this phone is December 10 cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by sogezovik: 11:45am On Dec 04, 2018
Samsung wan kill person
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by Ejadike(m): 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2018
Samsung can create some weird device. Kudos
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8s Will Be The First Phone With Hole-in Display Tech. by heskeyw(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2018
Olodo24:

left

(1) (2) (Reply)

Phoenix Browser Vs UC Browser / Avnt Dem Naija Boys Found A Way To Activate The Mtn Blackberry Browsing 4 Free? / How To Disable Blue Ticks For Read Messages On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.