Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,053 members, 7,863,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:57 AM

Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) (38706 Views)

David Umahi Adorned In APC Next Level Attire [Photos] / El-rufai Wears Igbo Attire, Receives Chieftaincy Title (PHOTOS/VIDEO) / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by juniorstar(m): 4:11pm On Dec 04, 2018
Oshigun:

Bros let me ask you a question too. How many Nigerians are like you? I.e fairly well-exposed, educated and independent-minded enough to give Sowore a vote under his political platform? Less than 1% would be my guess because majority of Nigerians, for many reasons that does not make them inferior to you, don't have the sort of outlook that will make them see beyond the APC and PDP.

This is not even a negative indictment of Nigerians because two Parties in the UK and the USA produce the Prime Minister and President respectively always. Point is that Sowore should pay his dues and he may get there in the end. If you are a maverick, politically, then be prepared to never never get the chance to enact the change you want without balancing your natural instinct with mainstream pragmatism.
the question of how to break the jinx has been on my mind for years these 2 parties with candidates who would end up furthering the cause of few party members protecting their private investments. I came up with house to house campaign but is it feasible? Are ppl ready to pay the price to vote without expecting stipend and foodstuff that would finish in a week at most?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by courage89(m): 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2018
Oshigun:
Sowore is going about things the wrong way. You need to pay your dues politically anywhere in the world and especially Nigeria. Merkel did not come out of nowhere, neither Teresa May or Even Trump. They all ran on powerful political platforms they are members of. It is good for our democracy Sowore is competing but I feel he should have started more modestly in the house of Rep or Senate. I believe he has something to offer but may have damaged himself running a race he has no chance of winning as it can be argued Ribadu did when he ran as Presidential candidate of ACN in 2011. Time will tell where Sowore goes from here.

Did Trump pay his dues politically? Was he part of the political heavyweight and establishment? We need to shy away from these sentiments that you need to be part of the establishment before you can win elections. Those people challenging the status quo politically are needed not only for the growth of our democracy, also because they don't have a lot of godfathers to settle. Stupidity is doing the same things over and over again, expecting to a different result. This will equate to voting the same political party over and over, expecting things to change. That's not going to happen.

These political newbies; with no political liabilities, no political scores to settle needs our full support for things to change in our country. Let's all stop lip singing of political change, infrastructural progress, economic development and demand these changes with our votes.

5 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by SouthWestBlood(m): 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2018
Going by the comments here, we have too many negative energies around us in Nigeria.

Sowore has urged us to support him to win the presidential election, in order for us to sack the thieves up there. But no, some people have turned themselves to pundits. They are here to analyse Sowore's political career. It's like corruption is now part of Nigeria by 90%, if not I don't see why Nigerians are these pessimistic and divided.

The only thing you're needed for is support to this young and great man, Sowore is doing his part, do yours by telling people of him. Stop the analysis!

Vote Sowore2019!

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by gistsky: 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2018
Let the music plays on, it's the season
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Starboytwo(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2018
Oshigun:

Why is it so difficult for you to reflect on what others are saying to note if they are making sense giving the reality on the ground? Sowore literally landed in Nigeria from the USA to vie for the Presidency. The most influential voting bloc by far , i.e the talakawas,don't know him and cannot identify with him. Is it Rocket science, given the reality of Nigeria, to assume Sowore is bound to have a dismal showing at the polls? Now, assume he is a two-term Senator who has built political bridges and gained trust across Nigeria as a safe pair of hands. Would his ambition not be more achievable then? Look, you must pay your dues politically worldwide to gain hlgh office and even far more so in Nigeria.
look I understand you bros,I understand everything you are trying to say and this is what I'm gonna say..."even sowore knows he is not winning this election....my very good friend is part of his campaign guys...as far as I am concerned "We are not yet ripe for this kind of sowore people...our politics is still money politics and if Buhari and atiku throw some cash now everybody go rush go there go pack some(I don't blame them nor judge)we are simply hungry....in my calculations I think we still have 4-8 years before we are ripe to truly have people who would vote base on competence and not the usual....it's strictly between Atiku and Buhari......

How I wish we could all support sowore,hashim and all those new guys but saying the should start from cancellor abi local government chairman is rubbish...Senate sef rubbish...for this country to work we need a total overhaul....

It's already looking like Buhari won't come for debate...well he didn't honour the last one...just imagine make our president or person wey wan rule us not showing up for debate and we have to be dragging debate with am...na better president be that....

All I'm saying is sowore could have easily opted for less high profile post and would surely win,but what's the need... NIGERIA DON SPOIL,THINGS DON SCATTER....

By contestanting for the BIG OFFICE NOW,he would not win this one but who knows he might win later....it's better to contest now and lose,but have the experience,get the exposure,let people know you are ready,show up at debate and impress a lot of people and hopefully when we finally get sense in 4 or 8 years time(when suffer don almost kill us)when we don't vote based on gender,ethnicity,region and the usual vote selling/buying bullcrap,when we get tired of all those old people,who do you think is gonna be contesting.....

I love the hashim guy,I love sowore and I think they would make a better president...but next year election is a two horse race....ATIKU VS BUHARI....

and I'm voting for Atiku because,(1) I want that power of incumbency to be rendered useless in Nigerian politics...so if Atiku wins and does not perform we change him asap as was Good luck and Buhari before him....
(2)also because i think a person who can't show up for debate is not qualified to be my president...I want to watch my president talk(with fact) about what he has in store for me..
3)and cheifly because I have lost my trust in Buhari and I think he Atiku would provide a better option.....

4 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Uniquefrank247: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2018
Omo this one pass atikuloot own he did sokoto yesterday.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by oruma19: 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Comedian
y u de tok like dis na, lets supot dis young man jor..thank u

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by naijapikin04(m): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2018
JUST IN: Okorocha’s son-in-law, others defect to Action Alliance

Uche Nwosu on Tuesday expressed confidence that he would emerge the next governor of Imo State on the platform of Action Alliance.

Nwosu, who spoke at Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, shortly after his arrival from Abuja, said that “injustice, impunity, and lack of respect for party’s constitution” forced him out of All Progressives Congress.

Clutching the Action Alliance flag with the state chairman of the party beside him, Nwosu said that the entire APC structure, except those supporting the senatorial ambition of Governor Rochas Okorocha, had defected to AA.

Describing AA as a party with the ideal democratic manifesto, Nwosu said that his ambition to succeed Okorocha was driven by the massive support he enjoys by the over 70 percent population of the state electorate.

He said that AA will cooperate with APC to have President Muhammadu Buhari reelected, and to also have his father in-law, Okorocha, elected as senator; and him as governor on the platform of Action Alliance.

Nwosu said, “We are going to work with APC to deliver Imo State to President Muhammadu Buhari.

“We will deliver Governor Rochas Okorocha as senator because Action Alliance has no senatorial candidate in Orlu zone.

READ FULL GIST>> https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/12/04/just-okorochas-son-in-law-others-defect-action-alliance/

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by GetCofOProperty: 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2018
Starboytwo:
I cant seem to understand what they want.....y'all been been clamoring for a change from these old guys,now the new guys appear and your still confused....

Omoyele... So Dugged and Rugged Fellow.... His time may not be now, but trust me, God preserve his soul, it'll be sometimes in the future.

Check my signature below and get in touch with us for your genuine property acquisition in any location of your choice. Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by toplinetrtrend: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
Buterflyle0:
That high look from smoking weed. grin

Even his bodyguard could tell that his oga is so high. Just see how he is staring at him from behind.

Somebody that should go and first contest to be a local government councillor is here fooling around for presidency.

At least, he isn't lifeless

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by MrBONE2(m): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2018
chomchom1:
Hungry party grin... U better Aticulate Now cool

Atikulation will expired on FeBuhari 2019 grin

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by mykero(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2018
Oshigun:
Sowore is going about things the wrong way. You need to pay your dues politically anywhere in the world and especially Nigeria. Merkel did not come out of nowhere, neither Teresa May or Even Trump. They all ran on powerful political platforms they are members of. It is good for our democracy Sowore is competing but I feel he should have started more modestly in the house of Rep or Senate. I believe he has something to offer but may have damaged himself running a race he has no chance of winning as it can be argued Ribadu did when he ran as Presidential candidate of ACN in 2011. Time will tell where Sowore goes from here.
bullshit

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2018
juniorstar:
To avoid lamentations till 2023 vote a radical, vote Sowore or keep silent and enjoy economic hardship. I dont know this guy, never met him all i can see is a guy who is ready to step on toes and who doesnt care whose ox is gored provided his ppl are happy. Nigerians over to you.
juniorstar:
To avoid lamentations till 2023 vote a radical, vote Sowore or keep silent and enjoy economic hardship. I dont know this guy, never met him all i can see is a guy who is ready to step on toes and who doesnt care whose ox is gored provided his ppl are happy. Nigerians over to you.
juniorstar:
Go and sleep �
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by bantudra: 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2018
sowore is showin youths how to do it without cabals....show yourselfs,let the people know you....

buharis turn is over after 4years....start campaining for una selfs now....dont wait....

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Gbagbuo247: 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2018
Oshigun:

This is Nigeria, things work differently here.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by porthouse7(f): 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2018
campaign or fuel subsidy protest
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by juniorstar(m): 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2018
spacofadan:
[b][/b]
Go and sleep �
am sure you are benefitting from this corrupt, selfish, clueless govt. Its either u are currently stealing our collective common wealth in your own corner or a member of your family is. If you have travelled to better climes i tell you would weep for this country and wont open your mouth to talk trash. Even if you have money to spend you still buy fuel to power your generator, you still go to hospitals that are ill equiped, you still drive a car on those roads that are death traps. Or probably u schooled abroad with money u have no idea how it was gotten. Dont let me utter words that would last to ur 3rd generation u wont like it. Nigeria can be better than this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Denikayan: 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2018
Giant stride

I must commend him

But Nigeria's political terrain does not support or grow intellects like him.

You need to dine with the murderers of thise country to stand a chance of leading the country.

Bitter truth..

For now, Buhari is the best option.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2018
courage89:

Did Trump pay his dues politically? Was he part of the political heavyweight and establishment? We need to shy away from these sentiments that you need to be part of the establishment before you can win elections. Those people challenging the status quo politically are needed not only for the growth of our democracy, also because they don't have a lot of godfathers to settle. Stupidity is doing the same things over and over again, expecting to a different result. This will equate to voting the same political party over and over, expecting things to change. That's not going to happen.

These political newbies; with no political liabilities, no political scores to settle needs our full support for things to change in our country. Let's all stop lip singing of political change, infrastructural progress, economic development and demand these changes with our votes.

Trump was a candidate of one of the main two Parties that always produce the President. That is my point with the mention of Trump. Would not mind voting Sowore but i know it is a wasted vote and would rather vote PMB to stop Atiku. Atiku and OBJ typified the sort of grand looting and corruption I beg God every day to never let me witness again.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2018
Denikayan:
Giant stride

I must commend him

But Nigeria's political terrain does not support or grow intellects like him.

You need to dine with the murderers of thise country to stand a chance of leading the country.

Bitter truth..

For now, Buhari is the best option.

This is what I am saying. Even Buhari found it difficult to win until he aligned himself with mainstream politics and began to work with others like Tinubu he had avoided in the past.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Josh44s(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2018
Buterflyle0:

For you to ask me this question then you are a much bigger fool than I thought

I thought as much. Keep on f00ling your generation online. Ediot
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Adebola314: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2018
sunnymix:
Omo see crowd shocked
grin

Are you serious.?!?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by sunnymix: 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2018
Adebola314:

Are you serious.?!?
Yes undecided
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2018
Starboytwo:
look I understand you bros,I understand everything you are trying to say and this is what I'm gonna say..."even sowore knows he is not winning this election....my very good friend is part of his campaign guys...as far as I am concerned "We are not yet ripe for this kind of sowore people...our politics is still money politics and if Buhari and atiku throw some cash now everybody go rush go there go pack some(I don't blame them nor judge)we are simply hungry....in my calculations I think we still have 4-8 years before we are ripe to truly have people who would vote base on competence and not the usual....it's strictly between Atiku and Buhari......

How I wish we could all support sowore,hashim and all those new guys but saying the should start from cancellor abi local government chairman is rubbish...Senate sef rubbish...for this country to work we need a total overhaul....

It's already looking like Buhari won't come for debate...well he didn't honour the last one...just imagine make our president or person wey wan rule us not showing up for debate and we have to be dragging debate with am...na better president be that....

All I'm saying is sowore could have easily opted for less high profile post and would surely win,but what's the need... NIGERIA DON SPOIL,THINGS DON SCATTER....

By contestanting for the BIG OFFICE NOW,he would not win this one but who knows he might win later....it's better to contest now and lose,but have the experience,get the exposure,let people know you are ready,show up at debate and impress a lot of people and hopefully when we finally get sense in 4 or 8 years time(when suffer don almost kill us)when we don't vote based on gender,ethnicity,region and the usual vote selling/buying bullcrap,when we get tired of all those old people,who do you think is gonna be contesting.....

I love the hashim guy,I love sowore and I think they would make a better president...but next year election is a two horse race....ATIKU VS BUHARI....

and I'm voting for Atiku because,(1) I want that power of incumbency to be rendered useless in Nigerian politics...so if Atiku wins and does not perform we change him asap as was Good luck and Buhari before him....
(2)also because i think a person who can't show up for debate is not qualified to be my president...I want to watch my president talk(with fact) about what he has in store for me..
3)and cheifly because I have lost my trust in Buhari and I think he Atiku would provide a better option.....

Well, you make some good points and I can respect your position. That is democracy. Freedom to choose your leaders. With Sowore, at least he now has visibility which can work for him if he goes on to one of the two major Parties to contest in 2023 for a position he can launch his long term ambition with.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by rapid101(m): 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2018
God why is dis man wasting home time nd resource

Well
U try make e no be like say u no try
Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by PromixTuhh(m): 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2018
Starboytwo:

He’ll win if we all vote for him! It’s high time we tried something different.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by ensodev(m): 11:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
chomchom1:
Hungry party grin... U better Aticulate Now cool

Hungry party. Imagine what is coming out of your mouth. Shouldnt be hard to know how hungry you are follow parties for food.

That is a candidate that has something to prove to Nigeria not your candidates that has been given chances several time and failed us.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Campaigns In Enugu, Wears Igbo Attire (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2018
Nigerian youths are so in courage able, majority does not know what exactly they want. They have been voting old men they think are better, what have they got from them, nothing, yet, they think the only youth that came out that should be supported by them cannot not perform. All the youth want is to carry carry briefcase and be enslaved. Whatever you may think, my heart goes for SOWORE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola Wins In Osun Elections With Wide Margin / Aisha Buhari Didnt Travel To US - Ekiti PDP / Osun: INEC Removed 4,387 Votes From Our Ballots – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.