Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,743 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? (1267 Views)

Flashback:: Peter Obi Is A Tribal Bigot - El-rufai / Do You Know? Justice Onnoghen Rejected Bribes And Ruled For Buhari In 2008 / Flashback: Peter Obi Hate Speech- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2018
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra state has said unlike other public officers, he channels his bribe money into bettering the lot of the people of his state. Obi, who spoke with journalists in Awka, the state capital, last weekend, explained that since contractors would always want to part with some percentage of their profit, he has devised a means to channel the “kick-back” into welfarism programs.

In less than three years in office, the governor said he has been able to save N350 million through this process, proceeds of which, he said, are pumped into the acquisition of 50 taxi cabs and 50 buses donated to the people of the state to alleviate transportation problem.

“They will always come to say ‘thank you’ with huge sums of money. At first, I was rejecting it, but I gave it a second thought and came to the realization that the money is the state’s money and can be beneficial to the people of the state. Today, the 50 yellow buses and 50 yellow taxis you see plying various routes in Anambra state are as a result of this effort,” he explained.

The governor, who said he rejected the proposal of two bullet proof vehicles valued at N150 million upon assumption of office, explained further that it was the money that he used in acquiring 50 Peugeot 406 cars on direct purchase from PAN, at a cost of N3 million each.

The vehicles, he said, were given to his commissioners and permanent secretaries who had no official vehicles as at the time he took over. The Anambra state governor is, however, changing his mind on the use of bullet proof vehicles, an idea he earlier jettisoned, especially as another election year is approaching.

“I have ordered for a bullet proof car valued at N25 million and have been paying the money since June last year and very soon, the car will be delivered to me,” he said.

He also said it has become necessary to acquire the bullet proof car because of the turbulent and peculiar political climate in Anambra state, adding that, “with election approaching, I can’t afford not to acquire the bullet proof car.”

more at
http://saharareporters.com/2009/02/18/robinhood-how-i-spend-my-bribe-money-gov-obi-pm-news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Sirjamo: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2018
Ganduje is also using his own to build the longest overhead bridge in west Africa, so no any flat header should henceforth come here to condemn Ganduje again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by quickberry2(m): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2018
grin

Obidollar grin grin grin
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Peacemaker5128: 9:27am On Dec 05, 2018
Obithiefculated

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by nonsobaba: 9:31am On Dec 05, 2018
Peter Obi always claim to be a saint. Na people wey no know am, he dey decieve.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Pekele007: 9:32am On Dec 05, 2018
Sirjamo:
Ganduje is also using his own to build the longest overhead bridge in west Africa, so no any flat header should henceforth come here to condemn Ganduje again

quickberry2:
grin

Obidollar grin grin grin

Peacemaker5128:
Obithiefculated

....“They will always come to say ‘thank you’ with huge sums of money. At first, I was rejecting it, but I gave it a second thought and came to the realization that the money is the state’s money and can be beneficial to the people of the state. Today, the 50 yellow buses and 50 yellow taxis you see plying various routes in Anambra state are as a result of this effort,” he explained.

No amount of propaganda and fake twisted news can stop the movement. Una go just get hypertension and kpai.

6 Likes

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by ngoziempress: 9:32am On Dec 05, 2018
Atiku will win win 2019 election. NEXT!

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Pekele007: 9:33am On Dec 05, 2018
nonsobaba:

Agaracha, go and take several seats at the back jare. What do you know

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Sirjamo: 9:36am On Dec 05, 2018
Pekele007:

....“They will always come to say ‘thank you’ with huge sums of money. At first, I was rejecting it, but I gave it a second thought and came to the realization that the money is the state’s money and can be beneficial to the people of the state. Today, the 50 yellow buses and 50 yellow taxis you see plying various routes in Anambra state are as a result of this effort,” he explained.

No amount of propaganda and fake twisted news can stop the movement. Una go just get hypertension and kpai.
Did Ganduje go to the contractors houses to collect his own? they also took it to him, just like Obigotery

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by quickberry2(m): 9:41am On Dec 05, 2018
Pekele007:

Dumbo.....gerarahia!!!!

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Pekele007: 9:44am On Dec 05, 2018
Sirjamo:
Did Ganduje go to the contractors houses to collect his own? they also took it to him, just like Obigotery

And he was hiding it in his Babariga Bank of Kano. You see how dumb and clueless you sound Any visual evidence of Peter Obi stealing and hiding the money in his caftan

You are always on Nairaland constituting nuisances while your paymasters are stealing away your future. Yusuf is riding a 50m bike too. I pity you youths.

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Pekele007: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2018
quickberry2:

Dumbo.....gerarahia!!!!
Is that how you wake your parents and elders grin

You are so rude and ill-mannered. Be careful

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by quickberry2(m): 9:49am On Dec 05, 2018
Pekele007:

Is that how you wake your parents and elders grin

You are so rude and ill-mannered. Be careful

Go and eat your banana

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Pekele007: 11:15am On Dec 05, 2018
quickberry2:

Go and eat your banana
Is that what and you and your family members eat? wow! that's nice. grin

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by quickberry2(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2018
Pekele007:

Is that what and you and your family members eat? wow! that's nice. grin

Save your wailing till feb. 16....you hear?

Pained goat

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Pekele007: 11:30am On Dec 05, 2018
quickberry2:

Pained goat
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is Goat the name of your parent? I mean your surname? grin

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Pekele007: 11:30am On Dec 05, 2018
quickberry2:

Pained goat
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by quickberry2(m): 11:32am On Dec 05, 2018
Pekele007:

grin grin cheesy

I don't have your time.....oya enter your cage

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Vixlot: 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2018
God punish PDP...Never again
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by stellabassey: 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2018
Atleast he used it for the good of the state unlike somepoeple that will not even care about anybody but themselves and their household...
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by onubijoe(m): 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2018
Peter obi is an integrity man which I believed he will maintain it
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by GarriKoro(m): 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2018
Sirjamo:
Both of them are thieves undeserving of serving in any public office
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by feddis(m): 11:20pm On Dec 25, 2018
A leader that admits his mistakes is better than a leader that doesn't.

Peacemaker5128:
Obithiefculated
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by RTSC: 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2018
GarriKoro:
Both of them are thieves undeserving of serving in any public office
If Peter obi is a thief, then there is no honest person in Nigeria.

The guy cut down the cost of governance on a scale yet to be matched.
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Mace0lane: 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2018
Pekele007:

And he was hiding it in his Babariga Bank of Kano. You see how dumb and clueless you sound Any visual evidence of Peter Obi stealing and hiding the money in his caftan

You are always on Nairaland constituting nuisances while your paymasters are stealing away your future. Yusuf is riding a 50m bike too. I pity you youths.
Which is more incriminating ?
A self acclaimed criminal Peter Obi or another criminal Ganduje who is denying where he was caught red handed ?

Ganduje is yet to admit to this injustice on the Nigeria people while Obi already confessed but who will Igbos like you lampoon n make your usual senseless noise all over because of nothing but pure unadulterated bigotry ? I pity you.
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by onubijoe(m): 7:16am On Dec 26, 2018
He is compare to the kind of APC leader have now

nonsobaba:
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by onubijoe(m): 7:18am On Dec 26, 2018
Peter political structure and vision for Nigeria made him to be saint compare to APC leaders

nonsobaba:
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by feddis(m): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2018
It's really pathetic and ridiculous that a man with such an undaunted reputation can be ridiculed out of his own words like this.
He clearly said he collected gifts not incentives directly meant to lure him in granting favours.

Peter Obi is has a reputable personality that can't be abolished by such kind of ridiculous bants.
He's clearly one of the few Nigerians that didn't have and live with the average selfishness of Nigerians.

He is flawed like every other person, but I am sure that his flaws can be said to be the perfection of this entire APC admin therein.

Save your condemnation and names for those in APC, not our Obisunate that cures and reforms.
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by Peacemaker5128: 7:42am On Dec 26, 2018
feddis:
A leader that admits his mistakes is better than a leader that doesn't.

SMH

Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by omoosaomo: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2018
This news is false, nothing of such happened shame on Sahara reporters and this handle for propagating the works of APC
Re: Flashback: Peter Obi Confessed Taking Bribes And Kickbacks? by feddis(m): 10:25am On Dec 27, 2018
Everyone and just anyone can call him names or accuse him.

Peacemaker5128:
SMH

(1) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: Northern Leaders Dump Buhari, React To Aisha’s Claim Of ‘two Pe / Stunt Man Wows Commuters Around 5a.m, Today In V.I, Lagos / Inec Fraud? Let's Take Another Look At That Yobe State Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.