Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely (1002 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerian Women Think This is The Only Way To Express Love / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by tobechi74: 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
" whatever makes you happy makes me happy" I said I'm my usual attempt to please her. I go as far as apologising even for little things that are nor my fault.I never disagreed with her no matter her irritating nagging attitude .I dread conflict at all cost while she was very quick to express her grievances.

When I noticed her complaints were becoming unbearable, I began to dread her. I worked longer hours and committed myself to various unnecessary church activities all in effort to come back late and sleep. It worked , we didn't have any conflict but we did not have a relationship either.we were like strangers sharing the same apartment.

One night she asked me
" Are you angry with me"?
"no" I quickly replied.
" Are you scared of me?" she reinstated
There was a terrible awkward moment .I was trapped.
How could I tell her I feared her nagging attitude and gravity of her explosion.
"no" I reinstated in a manner that suggested I was not ready for any talk. I silently asked God for forgiveness for telling such. white lie

I got to work the next day only to receive a call from y neighbour claiming my wife was rushed to the hospital.
I rushed to the hospital described only to be told she attempted suicide . I found it difficult to believe that. She was unconscious so I was unable to speak to her until two days. When she was able to speak,I was let into the ward. I could feel the smile in her face as she saw me.
" Tell me you did not attempt suicide" I asked her still trying not to believe the doctors claim.

" Thank you for being my support all these months.My boss has been subjecting me to all form of emotional and verbal abuse.Any attempt to confront him would lead to my dismissal so I swallow the hurt and pour it on you each day after work. It helped relieve me temporarily. You would apologise, pet me, cuddle me and make love to me. This helped me overcome all."

she managed to say happily.Her smile began to fade gradually as she continued.

" few weeks back,....You were no more there, no one to share my pain.I couldn't hold it any longer...."

Her blood pressure increased . I rushed to inform the medical crew. They came to revive her but she passed on . I lost her

an associate shared this story
Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:53am On Dec 06, 2018
What's the moral in this story?
Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 06, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Allow women to nag and bottle your emotions, that's what I got from it.
Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by chii8(f): 9:40am On Dec 06, 2018
Communication is the key to a successful and long lasting relationship.
Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:41am On Dec 06, 2018
pcguru1:

Allow women to nag and bottle your emotions, that's what I got from it.
I just weak...

Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by tobechi74: 10:17am On Dec 06, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

When she comes home from work nagging unnecessarily, she had a bad day. font take her nsg personal

2) A simple " how was your day "?will usher her to recount her work ordeal. The man never asked her that.
3) Her last minute attempt to Savage the situation was frutile. He lied . He never expressed how he felt.

4) better to express how you feel than bottle all in your heart

5) ineffective communication (nagging). is better than no communication

6) both need a therapist to learn effective communication

4 Likes

Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:24am On Dec 06, 2018
[s]
tobechi74:

When she comes home from work nagging unnecessarily, she had a bad day. font take her nsg personal

2) A simple " how was your day "?will usher her to recount her work ordeal. The man never asked her that.
3) Her last minute attempt to Savage the situation was frutile. He lied . He never expressed how he felt.

4) better to express how you feel than bottle all in your heart

5) ineffective communication (nagging). is better than no communication

6) both need a therapist to learn effective communication
[/s]
Because my purpose in life is to be the fall guy for a woman? God forbid!
People should learn how to act right at all times.

I pity those that will subscribe to your opinion though

1 Like

Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by ImaIma1(f): 10:33am On Dec 06, 2018
Even if you are having a bad time at work, you should not transfer the frustrations on your spouse.

The man himself had to run for comfort in church activities. What if he too decided to commit suicide because of his wife's naggings and overbearing attitude?

Both of them should have communicated better. It's not just about the wife here. It is about both of them.

1 Like

Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by eniolorunfe: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2018
Which kain tory be this one undecided

Couples should please grow up and stop playing games upandan!!! The word "I love you" is not a license used to put others in BONDAGE!!!
Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by bukatyne(f): 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2018
Wrong title.

Men don't marry dumb wives is more like it.

The boss was pressuring her, she did not resign, she did not rant to her husband, she did not switch departments, she did not take for him and damn the consequences etc.

She chose to torment her husband.

She is also very wicked. Why didn't she die in peace and move on? Why guilt tripping your husband for life.?
Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by Acidosis(m): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2018
A woman with this kind of mentality should not go into marriage or relationship. Remain with your family and pour that frustration on them.

Emotional intelligence is key for any successful relationship.

1 Like

Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by tobechi74: 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2018
ImaIma1:
Even if you are having a bad time at work, you should not transfer the frustrations on your spouse.

The man himself had to run for comfort in church activities. What if he too decided to commit suicide because of his wife's naggings and overbearing attitude?

Both of them should have communicated better. It's not just about the wife here. It is about both of them.

She is wrong, very wrong However, she made a last minute attempt to salvage the relationship. The husband should have used that opportunity to point her errors to her and teach her more effective way of communication. Instead she he cowardly ran away.

Two wrongs dies not make a right
Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by tobechi74: 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2018
bukatyne:
Wrong title.

Men don't marry dumb wives is more like it.

The boss was pressuring her, she did not resign, she did not rant to her husband, she did not switch departments, she did not take for him and damn the consequences etc.

She chose to torment her husband.

She is also very wicked. Why didn't she die in peace and move on? Why guilt tripping your husband for life.?

Your partner is the safest person to run to in times of distress. It is easier to tolerate insults from an enemy than it is to tolerate a lovers silence. Avoiding her worsened the issue. Listening to her and grooming her in effective way of expressing herself could have lessened the issue
Re: Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely by tobechi74: 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
Acidosis:

A woman with this kind of mentality should not go into marriage or relationship. Remain with your family and pour that frustration on them.

Emotional intelligence is key for any successful relationship.

No body is perfect He knew she was like that yet he went ahead yo marry her without pointing out her flaws to her only to run away from her when she was just being herself.

what sought of man can not correct his wife even when sheade a move for reconciliation

(1) (Reply)

83-year-old Virgin Finds Love, Marries 90-year-old Father Of 10 (photos) / / What Is The Socio-cultural Impact Of Childlessness Among Married Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.