Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,423 members, 7,850,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:19 PM

2018 Graduation Of Standard Institute Of Photography, Ibadan - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018 Graduation Of Standard Institute Of Photography, Ibadan (330 Views)

More From The Graduation Of Standard Institute Of Photography, Ibadan / Man Signs On The Boobs Of LAUTECH Female Students On Their Graduation Day / Ignatius Ajuru University Girls Twerk Hard During Graduation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2018 Graduation Of Standard Institute Of Photography, Ibadan by xcyril: 4:14am On Dec 06, 2018
THE FOUNDER/DIRECTOR OF STUDIES’S SPEECH DELIVERED AT THE GRADUATION AND AWARD OF PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE CEREMONY OF STANDARD INSTITUTE OF PHOTOGRAPHY AND ONUS VOCATIONAL TRAINING INSTITUTE, IBADAN ON THE 4TH OF DECEMBER, 2018

Distinguish Guests,
The Special Guest of Honour,
The whole body of Graduating Students,
All other Protocols Observed.

I welcome you all to the 2018 Annual Graduation and Award of Professional Certificate Ceremony of Standard Institute of Photography and Onus Vocational Training Institute, Ibadan. The vision of both Institutes was first conceived and inaugurated in 2011 but was formally launched in 2012 with a vision to raise qualified and experienced skilled men and women entrepreneurs who are 21st century business complaint. Our passion is to help individuals acquire skills that will help them to be self reliant and wealth creators. Since then, we have helped many to discover and develop their God-given talents and polish their skill inorder for them to excel in the world of business and entrepreneurship. A lot of our trainees has gone on to start their own business and are doing well while others are either working full time or freelancing with various reputable organisation.

We strongly share the vision of the National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (NEEDS) which are expressed as: Value re-orientation, Poverty eradication, Job creation, Wealth generation and using education to empower the citizenry. So our focus is to eradicate poverty through empowering people with vocational skills that will help them to create jobs and generate wealth.

Since 2012, Standard Institute of Photography and Onus Vocational Training Institute had graduated many entrepreneurs that are operating at different levels. Currently we have a training centre in Lagos where our specialized courses are being taught. Today by the grace of God we are graduating a special set of students that are dear to us. They had all gone through rigorous training both in the theory and practicals of the particular trade they chose. What they have learnt is not all. There are new information coming out daily. They still have to continue to learn, because a leader is a learner.

I want to use this opportunity to re-introduce my book on photography to you all, The Fundamentals of Photography, (Understanding the Art, Science, Practise and Business of Professional Photography). This book contains all the fundamental information you need to start and prosper in the business of photography. From introduction to photography, to the camera, lens, light, elements of photography, how to take better pictures, event photography, smartphone photography and the business of photography. You will find this book highly useful as you start your journey into the world and business of professional photography.

And for those of you who intend to pursue a career in Photography Education i.e teaching photography as a subject in Senior Secondary schools in Nigeria, I also have a book written in line with the Federal Government approved curriculum for Photography as a trade/entrepreneurship subject for senior secondary schools. Photography for Senior Secondary School (SS1 – SS3) is a photography textbook that I painstaking took my time to write for students and teachers of photography in public and private secondary school across the nation. You will find it both a resource and reference material and highly informative. Please check it out before you go and get a copy for yourself.

Let me begin by appreciating those who have played and are still playing key roles in our Institutes, our mentors, our board of advisers and our Governing council. May God continue to bless you real good. I want to congratulate all graduands for successful completion of their training programme. May you all go from grace to grace and excel in your various endeavours. I will advise you to keep the fire burning. Continue to be a good ambassador of our great school. Dominate wherever you find yourself and never stop learning. If you intend to be the best and stay at the top of the game, you must never stop learning.

Once again, I say a big ‘THANK YOU’ and God bless you all.

Mr Cyril Isi
Founder/Director of Studies
Standard Institute of Photography and Onus Vocational Training Institute

(1) (Reply)

9 Bad Habits That Decrease Your Happiness Meter / While Waiting For Good Ican Result….. / How To Choose The Right Career?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.