Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud (7872 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Two Chinese Over Illegal Mining Activities (Photo) / Residents Beat IBEDC Staff For Trying To Disconnect Their Light. / EFCC Arraigns Two Access Bank Staff For £100,000 Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by mediaNGR: 7:01am On Dec 07, 2018
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos office, on Thursday, December 6, 2018, arraigned Adewale Dalmeida, Ibrahim Lawal and Lukman Adam, who are employees of Dangote Cement, Ibese, Ogun State, and one Afeez Olaniba before Justice O. J. Bamgbose of the High Court of Ogun State, Abeokuta on a two-count charge bordering on conspiracy and stealing to the tune of N15m (Fifteen Million Naira). This is according to a statement released by the anti-graft agency. Read part of the statement below.

The complainant, Dangote Cement, alleged that Dalmeida, a Fleet Analyst; Lawal, Chief Driver; Adam, a Ghanaian driver and Olaniba, who is an agent of a contractor to the company, diverted nine trucks carrying 800 bags of cement each valued at over N15m.

The defendants were said to have diverted the trucks carrying the bags of cement, which were meant for the company's customers in Togo, using fake identification cards and number plates.

Count one reads: " That you, Adewale Dalmeida, Ibrahim Lawal, Afeez Olaniba and Lukman Adam, between May and August, 2018 at Ibese, within the jurisdiction of this honourable Court, conspired amongst yourselves to commit felony, to wit: stealing of the sum of N15, 940, 800.00 00 (Fifteen Million, Nine Hundred and Forty Thousand, Eight Hundred Naira) property of Dangote Cement Place".

The suspects pleaded not guilty to the charge when it was read to them.

In view of their pleas, the prosecution counsel, Idris Mohammed, asked the court for a trial date and also prayed that the defendants be remanded in prison custody.

The prosecution counsel also told the court that the defendants had not filed any application for bail before the court.

Consequently, counsels to the defendants prayed the court to move oral application for bail on behalf of their clients, arguing that “they have been in the EFCC custody since September.”

The defence counsels further urged the court to remand the defendants in the EFCC custody pending the hearing of their bail applications.

However, the prosecution counsel opposed the prayers of the defence counsels to remand the defendants in the EFCC custody

Justice Bamgbose remanded the defendants in Ibara Prison custody, Abeokuta, Ogun State and adjourned till December 17, 2018 for hearing of the bail applications and commencement of trial.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/efcc-arraigns-dangote-staff-for-alleged.html

Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by awa(m): 7:08am On Dec 07, 2018
Poor settling from the guy has led him to arrest

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by CarGuideNG: 7:19am On Dec 07, 2018
This kind of criminal behaviour harms companies and their bottomline and should be actively discouraged.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8278487_20181207074322_jpegc059c7896f86d051dd53e7d26d87de08

Planning to buy a car this season? You need customized Premium Vehicle History Reports to ensure you don't end up with cars with dangerous and hidden damage history.

Signature.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 07, 2018
They diverted nine trucks carrying 800 bags of cement each valued at over N15m.

Na so dem spend their Xmas and News year holiday for prison o.
Crime no pay at all!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by urbanemind(m): 7:22am On Dec 07, 2018
the way they pose for picture don't seem to me like people being arrested..
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by Gosj01(m): 7:22am On Dec 07, 2018
15million? oga o
SweetWEED:
when will banky w be arrested
Banky kill you there!

I sell clean and cheap laptops. More December crazy deals in signature.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 07, 2018
Hylertyler:
Aboki de thief
Don't be silly and learn how thread before commenting, so you won't sound dumb to people reading comments!
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2018
SweetWEED:
whenever you get sense!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2018
We have committed a great sin by voting for bad leaders. We are paying for it. Crime has never been this serious
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by sekundosekundo: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2018
Sao Baberian chanters
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by crownwealth: 7:25am On Dec 07, 2018
Part of the useless terrorists who voted dullardino to power.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by Authoreety: 7:27am On Dec 07, 2018
Dangote
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by tyup(m): 7:27am On Dec 07, 2018
ednut1:
but u are also a fraudster

I am not and I dont sell fixed matches. ...I predict in which after ur first & second trial you can start paying in and pls always read to understand bfr you start quoting wrongfully it's that simple
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by killdiabetes(f): 7:31am On Dec 07, 2018
Corruption everywhere
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by wink2015(m): 7:31am On Dec 07, 2018
What a dishonest staff?

How do your employer in this case Dangote keep you in your job when your primary aim is to steal from him.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by ednut1(m): 7:34am On Dec 07, 2018
tyup:

I am not I dont sell fixed matches. ...I predict in which after ur first & second trial you can start paying in
why should anyone pay u. What stops u from playing and winning big Scammer

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by Josnac(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2018
It is very disgusting to see people, adults for that matter, acting so irresponsibly as this one. Out of about 21 posts so far on this forum, you have dedicated more than half of it to peddle falsehood and mischievous information about someone's life...why don't you go get a life of your own, eehh

E dey compulsory say you must be noticed?

SweetWEED:

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by henrydadon(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2018
They never go after the real obvious thief in our country
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by melanch(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2018
I will hustle right. That's should be the anthem.

Dp you know that powerful quality seo backlinks can save your low traffic blog?
I have high authority backlinks for sale. Backlinks from edu, Gov and big sites like ADOBE, TED

Call or WhatsApp 07085013051
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by justice212: 7:37am On Dec 07, 2018
Boys want to blow for December
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by tyup(m): 7:39am On Dec 07, 2018
ednut1:
why should anyone pay u. What stops u from playing and winning big Scammer

your level of ignorance is second to none until you know the difference between fixed match and predicted odds you'll get no reply from me

anyway, fortune sure odd gives sure odds to new comers fr free play the game and I know it'll come 99.9%

So the subsequent time you would hv to pay abou #700 to get sure odds 3X to 4X weekly
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by cdqyehyeh(m): 7:45am On Dec 07, 2018
After some will come and tell us Efcc dey do witch hunting
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by tyup(m): 8:02am On Dec 07, 2018
slimthugchimee2:
Imagine this grin grin

And then this grin

The irony grin

Lol that is not fraud bro.....there's a difference btwn selling fixed games and giving out predicted odds

know the difference bro. atleast fr first trial i would get anything frm you
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by Josnac(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2018
TheGreenLand:
They diverted nine trucks carrying 800 bags of cement each valued at over N15m.

Na so dem spend their Xmas and News year holiday for prison o.
Crime no pay at all!

The entire 9 trucks of 800 bags each totals a little over N15million..not a single truck.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Dangote Staff For Alleged N15m Fraud by KendrickAyomide: 8:37am On Dec 07, 2018
SweetWEED:
this fooll is the one using the SimplyKUSH moniker. Bastardd oloshi

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnappers Abduct 5 People Along Buratai Village / Beware Of This New Scam On Social Media. (my Experience) / Usifo Ataga's Wife And Her Boyfriend Become Prime Suspects In His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.