Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Theists, Please Let There Be Silence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Theists, Please Let There Be Silence (452 Views)

Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? / Explaining The Animosity Between Atheists And Theists / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by francis247(m): 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
I went to the market to acquire some kitchen weapons to combat the civil war in my tummy. As I navigated through the crowd, while gladly observing various butt sizes, here stood a man with a penis-like microphone raving and ranting about redemption through christ.

I stood for a while to listen to him, and suspended the butts inspection. How can a man that needs redemption from hunger be making such a claim that jesus is the only way to redemption when all religions teach redemption?

Redemption is not a magical concept, and jesus is not a prerequisite for character redemption. Buddhism and Judaism all teaches redemption, and most justice systems include redemption in their legal codes and procedures.

Claiming jesus is the only path to redemption is bullshit. Christianity cannot have monopoly on redemption, as this is a development of ones character. Why does your god needs blood to forgive? What mistake did humans commit that needs to be atoned for?

While preaching this bovine excrement, the noise booming out of the loudspeakers were at high decibels. I have never heard an atheist yelling on the street about atheism ever. For thousands of years atheist have either been stoned, or their heads lopped off.

Atheists do not spew violence and hatred towards others. Atheists hate shitty ideas. There is a vast difference between hating silly ideas, and hating people because they disagree with what people choose to believe.
Atheists are now making their voices to be heard with words and not violence. There are no videos of atheists beheading people. No atheist suicide bombers screaming they die in the name of nothing.

I'm yet to see a group of atheists on the street causing public disturbance. Religionists just love it. Atheist don't Bleep with yells, so let there be silence!

Copied!
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by originalking1(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2018
In other words what are you saying
I didn't get any thing here
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by francis247(m): 5:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
originalking1:
In other words what are you saying
I didn't get any thing here
The title says it all. Religious adherents especially christians as far as this part of the world is concerned should stop disturbing our eardrums with their concocted fables about redemption. Atheists do not go about the streets causing noise pollution with their messages of reason, rationality and logic based on knowledge and facts. So let there be silence. Enough is enough.
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by McStoic(m): 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2018
francis247:
I went to the market to acquire some kitchen weapons to combat the civil war in my tummy. As I navigated through the crowd, while gladly observing various butt sizes, here stood a man with a penis-like microphone raving and ranting about redemption through christ.

I stood for a while to listen to him, and suspended the butts inspection. How can a man that needs redemption from hunger be making such a claim that jesus is the only way to redemption when all religions teach redemption?

Redemption is not a magical concept, and jesus is not a prerequisite for character redemption. Buddhism and Judaism all teaches redemption, and most justice systems include redemption in their legal codes and procedures.

Claiming jesus is the only path to redemption is bullshit. Christianity cannot have monopoly on redemption, as this is a development of ones character. Why does your god needs blood to forgive? What mistake did humans commit that needs to be atoned for?

While preaching this bovine excrement, the noise booming out of the loudspeakers were at high decibels. I have never heard an atheist yelling on the street about atheism ever. For thousands of years atheist have either been stoned, or their heads lopped off.

Atheists do not spew violence and hatred towards others. Atheists hate shitty ideas. There is a vast difference between hating silly ideas, and hating people because they disagree with what people choose to believe.
Atheists are now making their voices to be heard with words and not violence. There are no videos of atheists beheading people. No atheist suicide bombers screaming they die in the name of nothing.

I'm yet to see a group of atheists on the street causing public disturbance. Religionists just love it. Atheist don't Bleep with yells, so let there be silence!

Copied!

This too shall pass. E don tay wey we dey see your type. YOUR ATHEISM HAS GOT NOTHING ON THE TRUTH. YOU ARE ONLY FULFILLING THE SCRIPTURE WHICH GOES THUS: "A FOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD".
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by spongeisback: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2018
McStoic:

This too shall pass. E don tay wey we dey see your type. YOUR ATHEISM HAS GOT NOTHING ON THE TRUTH. YOU ARE ONLY FULFILLING THE SCRIPTURE WHICH GOES THUS: "A FOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD".

Actually christianity too shall pass, they were other religions before your Christianity which was plagiarized from other religions, so no scripture is being fulfilled. If I throw mud to a wall there's a chance that one must stick that's all your "fulfilled scripture" is. If your god is as great as you claim he wouldn't need you to defend him and writing in caps and using a storybook to defend your claim like the OP struck a nerve. Oh and by the way.......

There's no God.
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by francis247(m): 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
spongeisback:

Actually christianity too shall pass, they were other religions before your Christianity which was plagiarized from other religions, so no scripture is being fulfilled. If I throw mud to a wall there's a chance that one must stick that's all your "fulfilled scripture" is. If your god is as great as you claim he wouldn't need you to defend him and writing in caps and using a storybook to defend your claim like the OP struck a nerve. Oh and by the way.......

There's no God.
LMAO! Na dat wan na im dey pain dem. The truth is indeed always bitter.
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by francis247(m): 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2018
McStoic:

This too shall pass. E don tay wey we dey see your type. YOUR ATHEISM HAS GOT NOTHING ON THE TRUTH. YOU ARE ONLY FULFILLING THE SCRIPTURE WHICH GOES THUS: "A FOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD IN HIS HEART".
A fool says in his heart that there is no God, the wise says it out loud in his words.
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by McStoic(m): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2018
francis247:
A fool says in his heart that there is no God, the wise says it out loud in his words.

Hmmm....The wise you say? Out of the abundance of the (fool's) heart, the mouth speaks. The joke is on you bro.
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 10, 2018
francis247:

Copied!
butt inspection, lol yhu must be my clone
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 10, 2018
By the way atheist and theist are two different persons or believe system, an athiest believes there is no God, a theist is indifferent to the existence of God, where or not a God exist, a theist cares not. So not the same thing.

Believe by its very nature is a personal thing, the one Christians do not know, by the way, Christianity has become a source of feeding not living for most people, especially the preachers, how won't they disturb, that where their money comes from, the congregation.

The average nigerian is a hypocrite, non religious, selfish, devious, religion is the canopy they hide under.
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2018
spongeisback:

There's no God.
smh, I feel pity for your ignorance
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by spongeisback: 10:24am On Dec 10, 2018
Why're you Christians just throwing the word ignorance around this days?

So an African that believes that a Jewish god sent his son who's also himself to come and die for you, and his spirit also had to "come upon" a virgin so she can give birth to himself sounds very logical and smart.
Chidorx60:
smh, I feel pity for your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by Ihedinobi3: 10:45am On Dec 10, 2018
Hello.

I'm a Christian. So, it's probably my family that you're talking about.

It sounds to me like you're entirely new to atheism and they didn't give you the full story.

Atheists are violent. Just ask Communist Russia and China.

Atheists love "shitty" ideas. Just ask champions of communism and liberal politics among other really bad ideas.

As for videos, I would rather we don't descend that far but I'm sure you know about church shootings and other attacks on centers of religion. If you don't, perhaps I will find time to give you some leads - and, believe me, you don't really want to deny that they exist: you will be thoroughly embarrassed.

What I really want to say to you is that just as you have Christians sometimes getting in your face with their religion, we Christians are constantly having to deal with you getting in our faces with yours. Just look at the increasingly toxic legislation cropping up all over Europe and much of the West that has any Christian essentially prohibited from talking in public for fear of breaking the law with normal speech. Again, just do the research because if you deny it, you will be embarrassed. You can begin at provinces in Canada where people face penalties for addressing any given person with a gender pronoun that they do not apply to themselves.

I personally, from all I have learned so far in the Bible, believe that unless anyone wants to hear about the Lord Jesus Christ, we shouldn't tell them, so I do not put my faith in other people's faces unless, like here, they challenge it. But that is just common courtesy and decency. Believe what you will and let me believe what I will. If you make a point of pointing out how foolish my Faith is, I may answer your arguments. If you leave me alone, I will keep myself to myself.

So, rather than become obnoxious here because someone preached in a market place, perhaps write to local authorities and complain about their annoying behavior. If you come here to do the very same thing that you are complaining about, adding to it all sorts of false claims about your own religion, then you do deserve what you have coming.
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 10, 2018
spongeisback:
Why're you Christians just throwing the word ignorance around this days?

So an African that believes that a Jewish god sent his son who's also himself to come and die for you, and his spirit also had to "come upon" a virgin so she can give birth to himself sounds very logical and smart.
very funny who said that Christianity can be explained by mere logic

I will say this again and again you atheist to seek for truth.

its funny when you believe that every thing on the earth occurred by chance and choose to call my beliefs illogical.
Re: Theists, Please Let There Be Silence by spongeisback: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
I am very sure when you hear the Muslims claim Mohammed split the moon in half you laugh and scoff , and try to make them know how crazy they sound. That's how I feel about your religion.

A hot pile of shît.
Chidorx60:
very funny who said that Christianity can be explained by mere logic

I will say this again and again you atheist to seek for truth.

its funny when you believe that every thing on the earth occurred by chance and choose to call my beliefs illogical.

(1) (Reply)

A Child Born Out Of Wedlock / Must Offering And Tithe Always Be In The Form Of Money / God Is Not After Our Appearance; True In One Way, But False In The Other Way.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.