Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them (38980 Views)

How Traders Can Profit From The Use Of Weekly Bank Nifty Options? / CBN To Reduce The Volume Of N500, N1000 In Circulation - Nairametrics / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by elmodee7(m): 11:33am On Dec 08, 2018
Igbos are the most dubious idiots in the world. never do business with a Igbo.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2018
Olalan:
So much fraud in Nigeria and to think religious place of worship are everywhere.
BTW corruption isn't just a govt issue it's a society problem
When we have a change of heart this menace will stop
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Centcanada: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2018
In Nigerian, whatever we see or hear is possible. No doubt any foes but life goes on government or no government. Every soul must survive.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by LIVEBYTRUTH: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2018
Though i don't support SCAM, but with all these revelations Nigerians are all fraudsters/Scammers, from the British colonial masters, Mr President to the last man on the street. You're only cause, blamed, humiliated, when you're caught, Yahoo is an internet provider not a scammer as people named scammers Yahoo, yahoo people. Fela Anikulapo Kuti rightly said, show me the head that is not a thief in Nigeria.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by rosalieene(f): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2018
No be lie

half bag of rice would be looking like quarter bag of rice and they will keep arguing with you that its half.

2 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by emenezer(m): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2018
This is Nigeria,Everybody be criminal
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by jeremy042(m): 11:40am On Dec 08, 2018
[quote author=dainformant post=73650989]

Fraudstars bt if you ask them what do u do? there will say am a business man.all sales people do this.you get a packaged product frm abroad evrytin comes wit it.bt if it cums tru a sales person u r finished!.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by kenx1(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2018
Cursed nation
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 08, 2018
babaolofin:

This practice has been for decades. It is done everywhere in Nigeria. Once rice enters market, they have special filtering device which they use to suck rice out of the bag.

Companies buying rice for Xmas gifts to staff should buy directly from companies such as Olam, Churchgate, Stallion and others. Most of the time, the rice are more than 50KG when they arrived in Nigeria due to manufacturer's effort or as a result of moisture absorbed after packaging & in transit.

The traders have weighing machine which they use to reduce the rice to 50KG and even below

It is on record that Lt Gen Oladipupo Diya (Rtd) in 1995 said We (Nigerians) are all corrupt.

Churches & Mosques cannot change us.

In a particular Church, as an elder or deacon, if you don't have a testimony based on prosperity , then the power of the commission is not working for you , then it means you are not engaging very well or not following the commission principle.

Many people reading this piece know what I am talking about.

In this same commission, all the people I know that have testimonies of prosperity are very dubious & cunning. Very smart. They called dubiousness, cunning & smartness WISDOM.

Those traders see themselves being smart using wisdom to make money .

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Just2endowed2(m): 11:41am On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:
Every Sunday when I go to church, i see other Christians strutting to theirs and i hear praise, worship and preaching over loudspeakers, I wonder exactly what Nigerian Christians are going to church to learn. Even Muslims have started holding crusades, vigils and proselytising in buses and on the streets.

We are becoming more and more religious but it is not reflecting in our lifestyles. We have no conscience, zero morals, we are ready to sell our brethren, cheat, steal from and kill the next person, yet on Fridays and Sundays we rush to religious houses to pray to 'God'.

There's something terribly wrong somewhere. Terribly, terribly wrong.

That's the pathetic part of it all.... It's called hypocrisy. I have seen brother and sister preaching and singing to God but the fraud they do at work ehhh.... You go bow.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 08, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
. "..some women were caught removing about eight Derica cups from each bag of rice after which they will use a new bag to repackage it and make it look 50kg bag of rice."

No be new thing nah. E don tay.

Dem dey repackage mostly everything wey we dey buy. Beans, rice, sugar, salt, groundnut, chicken wey dey carton, gizzard ooo . E plenty.

Na person wey no dey enter market no go know.

Everybody Na criminal.

The truth is everybody is criminal, the only difference is that some are more hideous than the other.

To be wealthy in Nigeria you must be fraudulent in some ways. From Bank Managers giving out loans to wealthy men without collateral, to lecturers collecting blocking, giving admission out without meeting the cut-off point. Market men and women buying fake product and sells it out as original, to politician stealing public funds, to yahoo boy, to ladies sleeping their way to the top.

Is uncountable, my only advice don't be diabolic. Remember when caught you will be seen as the biggest sinner.

2 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by mannatech: 11:44am On Dec 08, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
. "..some women were caught removing about eight Derica cups from each bag of rice after which they will use a new bag to repackage it and make it look 50kg bag of rice."

Dem dey repackage mostly everything wey we dey buy. Beans, rice, sugar, salt, groundnut, chicken wey dey carton, gizzard ooo . E plenty.

Everybody Na criminal.
Nothing wey dem no dey repackage.
Toothpicks, matches, cotton buds,

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Sgwin: 11:45am On Dec 08, 2018
Can someone tell me which tribe are doing this? Lol
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Aystarz: 11:48am On Dec 08, 2018
kunleweb:
Nigerians and get rich quick mentality

Yet over 80 percent aren't rich.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by olawale780: 11:48am On Dec 08, 2018
dominique:
This has been going on for years, they even add shafts and stones to bag of beans add to its weight. Nigerians find it convenient to blame the government for every little thing but most of them are not honest.
but do u know most of the people working for the government are the causes of all this corruption. Imagine u paying extra changed (extortion) before they let u bring those product in the country. No body wn do business to loose but to gain. I no support am but just look things in different way. This is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Princealex1(m): 11:49am On Dec 08, 2018
God bless Godless Nigeria
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Yourenemy(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2018
This is Nigeria everybody be criminal but when falz sang the song most of the criminals went haywire as if we no be criminals

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by bixton(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2018
It's not just rice but mostly anything.....
Palm oil is over adulterated with a mixture that makes it looks reddish.
If you buy already grounded egusi, ogbono; its mixed with fine grained garri.
If you buy already cut vegetable; you have more than one type of veggie in that cut.

Kpomo/Kanda, is soaked in formalin to make it look bigger.
Cattle towel/assorted parts are soaked in smelling dirty water to make them expand .

There are so many funny things Nigerians do all in the name to make profits.

2 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by encryptjay(m): 11:53am On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:
Every Sunday when I go to church, i see other Christians strutting to theirs and i hear praise, worship and preaching over loudspeakers, I wonder exactly what Nigerian Christians are going to church to learn. Even Muslims have started holding crusades, vigils and proselytising in buses and on the streets.

We are becoming more and more religious but it is not reflecting in our lifestyles. We have no conscience, zero morals, we are ready to sell our brethren, cheat, steal from and kill the next person, yet on Fridays and Sundays we rush to religious houses to pray to 'God'.

That's why I don't take some of these fanatics serious because they lack morals.
It is not by going to church or mosque, once you're evil minded, it's up to you to adjust or keep wallowing in your evil deeds.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:

Dem dey repackage mostly everything wey we dey buy. Beans, rice, sugar, salt, groundnut, chicken wey dey carton, gizzard ooo . E plenty....welcome
Back

Everybody Na criminal.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:57am On Dec 08, 2018
Olalan:
So much fraud in Nigeria and to think religious place of worship are everywhere.
BTW corruption isn't just a govt issue it's a society problem
Corruption is normal in Nigeria.

Your papa get connect help you them go say na God help you. God has even joined the corruption syndicate.

Trashy

2 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by lastmaster(m): 11:57am On Dec 08, 2018
That's why I used scale in the market
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:

Its a shamble.

the black man has no direction in life, he is like a wild beast that find himself amongst civilization.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Olodo24: 11:59am On Dec 08, 2018
old gist. that's what they've been doing since time immemorial
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Sike(m): 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by nattyspice: 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2018
My brief stay In Accra and Takoradi in the early 2000's made me cry for my country.Nigerians worship money.
You go filling station, they reduce pump
You go shop to by Garri,they use small mudu
You go market to buy 1kg of beef,they use old scale wey the numbers don fade off
You buy tomatto,dey go put rotten ones if you no shine your eye.
We need to change this I MUST AM attitude.

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by anyicash(m): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:

Everybody Na criminal.
hahahahah who no know no know, my brother almost everybody na criminal indeed..
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Patrioticman007(m): 12:06pm On Dec 08, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:

Everybody Na criminal.

Everybody a criminal ?.
The truth be told a certain tribe in Nigeria are the experts in all these crimes, the most painful part of it is they are only 5% of the population. Lord increase your fear in their heart's. Ameen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by elderhimself(m): 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2018
Two things I hate,....
1. The capitalist economy; for continually allowing the rich, drain and suck dry the poor
2. The poor and Ordinary Nigerians; for continually being wicked and greatest enemies of each other

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by otokx(m): 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
This is sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akin Alabi: My Mum's Driver Thought I Was A Yahoo Boy - Nairabet CEO / Aba Mega Mall, Beautiful Ultra Modern Business Zone (photos) / Ofala 2016: Ifeanyi Ubah Arrives Igwe Of Nnewi's Palace In Rolls Royce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.