Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them (38981 Views)

How Traders Can Profit From The Use Of Weekly Bank Nifty Options? / CBN To Reduce The Volume Of N500, N1000 In Circulation - Nairametrics / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Legendguy(m): 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
I also bought a brand new android phone from 3C hub only to discovered that there is no memory card. The problems of Nigeria are tied with some Nigerians who want to cheat and scam his fellow nigerian
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by hansomb: 12:21pm On Dec 08, 2018
semyman:
Three years ago Buhari didn't use 25 years old pension to campaign but today he is paying them in folds...

Three years ago Buhari didn't use railway construction to campaign but today he is constructing them

Three years ago Buhari didn't use Building of affordable houses for citizens to campaign but today he is building them houses

Three years ago Buhari didn't use bailing out states to campaign but today he is bailing states out

Three years ago Buhari didn't tell us he will work on Mambilla Power Plant but today he is working on it

Three years ago Buhari didn't use Niger Bridge to Campaign But today he is constructing it

Three years ago Buhari didn't tell us he won't interfere with the affairs of the senate and judiciary but today their affairs is none of his business

Three years ago Buhari didn't use rice revolution to campaign but today he has made us to believe in our 'Oh God Rice'

Three years ago Buhari didn't use devolution of power to his vice to campaign but today he has shown the world how useful a vice could be

Three years ago Buhari didn't use the implementation of TSA to campaign but today he has implemented it

Three years ago Buhari didn't use Yuan swap deal to campaign but today he has eased the stress of Nigerians doing business in china

Three years ago Buhari didn't campaign that he will chase 50 000 ghost workers away but today he is saving billions of naira for chasing ghost workers outta system

Three years ago Buhari didn't campaign with Npower, TraderMoni, Primary school feeding, Loan without interest, conditional cash transfer and so but today he is so magnanimous to the masses
Ex Nitel workers, Ex Biafran soldiers, Nigeria Airways all been paid.

Three years ago Buhari didn't campaign to solve Fulani herdsmen / farmer clashes but today, he solve as it occurred.

You see failure of his promises in three years but I see successes in his three years in office. Buhari is the best President Nigeria has ever seen... Ever!!! We need continuity. Buhari Osinbajo 2019. Please Share these facts.
I concur

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by wristbangle: 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:
Every Sunday when I go to church, i see other Christians strutting to theirs and i hear praise, worship and preaching over loudspeakers, I wonder exactly what Nigerian Christians are going to church to learn. Even Muslims have started holding crusades, vigils and proselytising in buses and on the streets.

We are becoming more and more religious but it is not reflecting in our lifestyles. We have no conscience, zero morals, we are ready to sell our brethren, cheat, steal from and kill the next person, yet on Fridays and Sundays we rush to religious houses to pray to 'God'.

There's something terribly wrong somewhere. Terribly, terribly wrong.

Black man shouts racism/marginalisation meanwhile they are their own worst enemy. It's an understatement using the word "Greed" to describe these race especially we Nigerians.

I tell people that the leadership of this country is a true reflection of it's citizens. Look at forthcoming election, must we settle for PMB & Atiku? If there are no credible candidates, can't we protest peacefully by not voting?

Corruption has become a religion of its own in this country and it's now endemic. This is even a child's play compare to the what is happening in Apapa port. All food items are being compromised and adulterated before getting to distributors/retailers. These ones also will do their "mago-mago" leaving shaft for end-consumers as seen in the video.

Ofcourse we can use a case of getting Fuel at filling station where attendant will tamper the fuel pump meter and still not sell the exact price/quantity you need. Instead of selling N500, they will sell N465 saying because you are using Keg.

nokatakata:
many of the fraudsters went to the Experience and Redeem Camp yesterday causing unnecessary traffic. If not that God is a patient God, he would have destroyed Nigeria totally. They all be forming holy especially the wicked elites who treat their workers like slaves but go to church to pay all the tithes. You'll see the evil alfa too in mosque everyday meanwhile they be cheating people and doing juju up and down. Some will collect holy communion and still use the mouth to go and suck towtow and breast of olosho.

Some of these one short changing people too will be amongst the idi.ots yabbing the government.

You are crazy mehn. The bolded got me grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Oyinlade07(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2018
All the three tribes are united for stealing...It is well

2 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by nokatakata: 12:25pm On Dec 08, 2018
many of the fraudsters went to the Experience and Redeem Camp yesterday causing unnecessary traffic. If not that God is a patient God, he would have destroyed Nigeria totally. They all be forming holy especially the wicked elites who treat their workers like slaves but go to church to pay all the tithes. You'll see the evil alfa too in mosque everyday meanwhile they be cheating people and doing juju up and down. Some will collect holy communion and still use the mouth to go and suck towtow and breast of olosho.

Some of these one short changing people too will be amongst the idi.ots yabbing the government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2018
These fools will still join to blame government. Nigerians are the problem and not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by lorhema(f): 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2018
olawale780:
i dnt support this act but do u think If the system is working, will people still have the attitudes of maximising profit at all cost? (Scam others), dnt be quick to judging others. Do u know maybe they sort some people before getting the product they are selling. Shit dey happen for this country if u dnt know. U always need to bribe ur way out in this country. People doing business will understand beta.

If what you say is what happens, why don't they simply sell the rice at a realistic price which takes their expenses into consideration
. Are they forced to sell their rice at a particular price?

I believe it's just greed at work.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by martineverest(m): 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2018
Legendguy:
I also bought a brand new android phone from 3C hub only to discovered that there is no memory card. The problems of Nigeria are tied with some Nigerians who want to cheat and scam his fellow nigerian
it's really sad...I noticed it too.manufacturers inserted memory cards inside a phone,the sellers chose to remove it and resell it
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by lorhema(f): 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2018
bixton:
It's not just rice but mostly anything.....
Palm oil is over adulterated with a mixture that makes it looks reddish.
If you buy already grounded egusi, ogbono; its mixed with fine grained garri.
If you buy already cut vegetable; you have more than one type of veggie in that cut.

Kpomo/Kanda, is soaked in formalin to make it look bigger.
Cattle towel/assorted parts are soaked in smelling dirty water to make them expand .

There are so many funny things Nigerians do all in the name to make profits.

True. A pity.

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by JuanDeDios: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
. "..some women were caught removing about eight Derica cups from each bag of rice after which they will use a new bag to repackage it and make it look 50kg bag of rice."

No be new thing nah. E don tay.

Dem dey repackage mostly everything wey we dey buy. Beans, rice, sugar, salt, groundnut, chicken wey dey carton, gizzard ooo . E plenty.

Na person wey no dey enter market no go know.

Everybody Na criminal.
You're right. E don tay. I've even bought powdered milk that had some "commotted".

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by micflo28(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2018
Commerce without morality. This ones will follow us and criticise government. Corruption is now a well known instituition that cannot be easily fought off. We need Gods intervention in this nation.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by nokatakata: 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2018
wristbangle:

Black man shouts racism/marginalisation meanwhile they are their own worst enemy. It's an understatement using the word "Greed" to describe these race especially we Nigerians.

I tell people that the leadership of this country is a true reflection of it's citizens. Look at forthcoming election, must we settle for PMB & Atiku? If there are no credible candidates, can't we protest peacefully by not voting?

Corruption has become a religion of its own in this country and it's now endemic. This is even a child's play compare to the what is happening in Apapa port. All food items are being compromised and adulterated before getting to distributors/retailers. These ones also will do their "mago-mago" leaving shaft for end-consumers as seen in the video.

Ofcourse we can use a case of getting Fuel at filling station where attendant will tamper the fuel pump meter and still not sell the exact price/quantity you need. Instead of selling N500, they will sell N465 saying because you are using Keg.

You are crazy mehn. The bolded got me grin

Bros I dey tell you say 95% of Nigerians won't be able to cope in heaven even if they are given free entry. Nigerians find it hard not to cut corners. They always forming sharp man/woman. Police go collect bribe, immigration go collect bribe, you want driver's license, they will disturb you for bribe. You want to clear goods at the port, they want bribe. There is a queue in the bank to pay, one big man will come from no where and chance all of you.

You go to some churches very early just so you can seat in the front, they tell you the seats are reserved for special people. Everything na so so corruption. Most people only complain when they do not benefit from it.

Like you said, millions of youths are actually supporting Buhari and Atiku yet they will be claiming the country is not progressing. How can you want progress and support people like Atiku and Buhari? How can people like Osibanjo and Peter Obi be vice to people like Atiku and Buhari? Why are we not supporting young politicians who are not the same old annoying barrawos. In our clear eyes, we see these evil politicians jumping from one party to another like they are playing ping pong, yet youths continue to support them.

4 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Austine567(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2018
your head is there, of all things to ban na rice they see to ban. author=servercodes001 post=73651230]That's what happens when something is banned irresponsibly
Nigeria was never ready to produce rice for itself

#Spits [/quote]
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Malawian(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
Na the WAZOBIA aspect na im pain me pass. Nigerians can only collabo for fraud purposes. Even here in my Cafe, I have seen Igbo Yahoo boys have the Yoruba counterparts help them with some aspect of their enterprise.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by kanosalami: 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
Corruption everywhere people like this need to be arrested
dainformant:
While most Nigerians are blaming the government for the problems in the country, a man has decided to expose the theft/scam being carried out by some traders in order to make quick money.

In a trending video posted online (watch below), some women were caught removing about eight Derica cups from each bag of rice after which they will use a new bag to repackage it and make it look 50kg bag of rice.

This is what they do to make extra cash as the bags of rice are later sold to unsuspecting customers who have no idea how they've been scammed.

Nigerians while reacting to the video, urged the government and appropriate authorities to look into the issue carried out by the corrupt traders.

Watch the video below.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/man-exposes-what-traders-do-to-bags-of-rice-before-selling-them-photos.html

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by grandstar(m): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2018
servercodes001:
That's what happens when something is banned irresponsibly
Nigeria was never ready to produce rice for itself

#Spits

You do have a point.

The country has no comparative advantage in producing rice and should naturally be a massive importer of the stuff.

Only 3 countires have that comparative advantage and they are India, Vietnam and Thailand. They have large acreages of the type of land suitabe for rice cultivation

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Julivas(m): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:
Every Sunday when I go to church, i see other Christians strutting to theirs and i hear praise, worship and preaching over loudspeakers, I wonder exactly what Nigerian Christians are going to church to learn. Even Muslims have started holding crusades, vigils and proselytising in buses and on the streets.

We are becoming more and more religious but it is not reflecting in our lifestyles. We have no conscience, zero morals, we are ready to sell our brethren, cheat, steal from and kill the next person, yet on Fridays and Sundays we rush to religious houses to pray to 'God'.

Exactly, this is my thought. It is a mystery.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Hahjascho(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2018
ObaKlaz:
Our politicians are fantastically corrupt. Our religious clerics are dangerously rich. Our youths are unbearably lazy. The citizens are brazenly fraudulent... How far, Naija?
So good.. Your points are comprehensive. So the way out?? Everybody is clamouring , hatred corruption, allegations robbery never cease to stop but why??
It is to be believed that everyone has a quota to offer in building a reputable change in this country and Africa at large. It is said be &live out the positive change you want around you.
We dwell in an era where corruption now takes abode in the heart of many. May God help NIGERIA, even though in actual sense many good people exist in this country .
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by deebrain(m): 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:

Sad
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Youngemirald: 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2018
just imagine this. we were discussing this issue in my house far days back.

During my dad's burial few months back, we discovered that the big bag of rice we bought was in a way smaller than the one my brother brought. but it was ordinarily suppose to be thesame.

This is why have been happening
if to say e let bankers sef, dem 4 dey reduce money b4 them put am 4 ATM, afterall we dey pay xtra 10 naira for card wen we buy.

God save us
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Youngemirald: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2018
just imagine this. we were discussing this issue in my house few days back.

During my dad's burial few months back, we discovered that the big bag of rice we bought was in a way smaller than the one my brother brought. but it was ordinarily suppose to be thesame.

This is what have been happening
if to say e let bankers sef, dem 4 dey reduce money b4 them put am 4 ATM, afterall we dey pay xtra 10 naira for card wen we buy.

God save us

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2018
thats why we have to stop this craze for imported rice, rice that has spent decades in silos abroad aint good for you.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by MrBONE2(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2018
Rotentina:
............and many nairalanders will come online shouting Buhari this...............Buhari that!

Whereas my BaBu is innocent grin
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Uyemi: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2018
dominique:
This has been going on for years, they even add shafts and stones to bag of beans add to its weight. Nigerians find it convenient to blame the government for every little thing but most of them are not honest.

Maybe because there is no proper structure to watch and regulate the activities of these people.
Laws were made because of the tendencies of human in-actions.
the government still have a role to play in this by not just making a law against this but implementing it t the core.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by olawonder(m): 2:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
They’ll soon come here to blame Buhari cool
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by benji263(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2018
Very soon, they will be blaming the president. Calling him Jibril
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Youngpo413: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2018
emilyone:
How are you even sure the scale has not been tampered with.
lol
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Heavance(m): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:

Seriously, there is something wrong with us.

Why then do we block all roads and cause traffic with our religious programs for God sake?
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by mechanics(m): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2018
Wicked people, God will judge.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nowenuse: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2018
babaolofin:

This practice has been for decades. It is done everywhere in Nigeria. Once rice enters market, they have special filtering device which they use to suck rice out of the bag.

Companies buying rice for Xmas gifts to staff should buy directly from companies such as Olam, Churchgate, Stallion and others. Most of the time, the rice are more than 50KG when they arrived in Nigeria due to manufacturer's effort or as a result of moisture absorbed after packaging & in transit.

The traders have weighing machine which they use to reduce the rice to 50KG and even below

Thanks, but what are these companies if I may ask? Are they retailers or wholesalers of these products? I've head of churchgate but I've never heard of the others.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nowenuse: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
lastmaster:
That's why I used scale in the market

Pls what type of scale do you use to weigh a bag of rice before buying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akin Alabi: My Mum's Driver Thought I Was A Yahoo Boy - Nairabet CEO / Aba Mega Mall, Beautiful Ultra Modern Business Zone (photos) / Ofala 2016: Ifeanyi Ubah Arrives Igwe Of Nnewi's Palace In Rolls Royce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.