Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On (50199 Views)

David Cameron Called Adeboye ‘Daddy G.O.’ – Okupe / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by BluntBoy(m): 11:54am On Dec 09, 2018
malvisguy212:
Genesis 28:20-22

. 20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, 21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I WILL SURELY GIVE THE TENTH UNTO THEE.

OH I forget , Abraham also tithe to Melchizedek 200 years before the mosaic law was given.

That was the vow Jacob made. Show us where it was written that he tithed? Remember that the vow came with a condition. As at the time he was making the vow, he was not tithing. He only vowed to tithe if only God would first fulfil some of his own expectations.

If you tithe because Abraham tithed, why then do your pastors use the curse of the law to coerce people into paying tithes.

Abraham tithed before the law. How come you people mention the example of Abraham but use the law as a threat?

Abraham tithed voluntarily and it was not written that he ever tithed out of his own income. He was a very wealthy man but there was no mention of Abraham tithing out of his properties or income.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by sweetrace(f): 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
AHCB:
What a load of crap!!! Christianity and its sister succeeded in creating zombies.

How can something be important when majority of its adherent live in abject poverty?

Religion creates zombies not Christianity. There is a huge difference. Jesus constantly criticized the religious leaders for their hypocrisy.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by sweetrace(f): 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
Jkyoung:
Freeze should shut the Bleep up

"Where two or more are gathered in my name, I am there "
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God
I am a catholic Christian and I used to slam these pastors but I have come to realize that God does not take permission from your pastor or priest to bless you, from the above quotes from the Holy Bible, a wise man will discern the truth. Many of the faithfuls came with a good heart and strong conviction that God will hear their voices of prayers, Do you think God will Ignore them?

Never underestimate the power of conviction... It's a different kind of faith!!!!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Freeze criticizing Church leaders. Jesus criticized the religious leaders of his time. You can look up Mathew 23
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by sweetrace(f): 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
obi2eze:
grin
Freeze is just an antichrist. He should be left alone.

So because Freeze does not have the same views as you he has become an antichrist. Jesus constantly criticized the religious leaders of his time. But don't take my word for it. Read Mathew 23.
As for your name calling, read James 1:26. Let me help you post t here. “If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/jas.1.26.nkjv
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by sweetrace(f): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
mican007:
This freeze of a guy does things as if he is already guaranteed heaven

If you read the bible you'll understand that he is guaranteed heaven. That's why Jesus Christ came.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by sweetrace(f): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
Personally, I am totally embarrassed for Pastor Adeboye. Instead of him to call Freeze as a son and dialogue with him, he is castigating him and acting like he is an enemy of the church. If he talks with Freeze, he might learn something knew. What makes him think he has the monopoly on understanding God's word or hearing from God. Jesus in Mathew 23 criticized the religious leaders and they plotted against him. If Pastor Adeboye is a follower of Christ, then he should be open to criticism. We have too many religious people and not Christians who will tell Pastors what they want to hear. Sycophants that have a relationship with their pastors and not God. Pastors should welcome and dialogue with those who are individual and brave enough to voice their differing opinions.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by AHCB: 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
sweetrace:

Religion creates zombies not Christianity. There is a huge difference. Jesus constantly criticized the religious leaders for their hypocrisy.
who are the religious leaders Jesus criticised?

So, you're saying christianity isn't a religion?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by princfred(m): 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
Christ in the Bible said there are far more important thing than tithe. Bible went ahead to show that the far more important things are giving to the poor and preaching salvation, righteousness, faith and love in Christ and same giving to the poor. Your god of men says it must be opposite because people should demand government follow those biblical concept instead of the church. Freeze and manu like me echos what the Bible said. Choose who is a christian or trying to be one among them.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by Profayo: 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2018
iamjavadem:
It is logical to link poverty with religion because they use statistics. Please show me a place where there is poverty and religion does not king, I dare you.

Why not ask for places where religion is king and they are not poor? Shall we?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by princfred(m): 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
afroxyz:

thank you. they would never discuss how to move the nation forward. even the church played a huge role in bringing development to European nations. yet these locusts and cankerworms disguised as pastors are distracting people from the real thing
People are asking the black Church to take up responsibilities and play same role in Nigeria to bring devrlopment not push, wait and blame government while downplaying their own important humanitarian function. If European churches were mainly bent on blaming government while their church leaders en-masse person wealth, could they have achieved what you wrote in the bolded?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by princfred(m): 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
Laralag:
IF THIS ISNT ABNORMAL, I WONDER WHAT IS.

Richest Churches in the world.

1- Church if Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints- $40 Billion +

2- Catholic Church - $30 billion +

3- church of England - $7.8 Billion +

4- Opus Dei - $ 2.8 Billion +

Now observe that there is no;

RCCG
Winners
Christ Embassy
Synagogue
No Pentecostal church at all

RICHEST PASTORS IN THE WORLD

1 Bishop OYEDEPO - $150 Million
2 Bishop TD Jakes - $147 Million
3 Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - $50 Million
4 Pastor Benny Hinn - $42 Million
5 Pastor Adeboye - $39
6 Pastor Creflo Dollar - $27 (He used to be #1)
7 Pastor Kenneth Copeland - $25
8 Evangelist Billy Graham - $25
9 Prophet TB Joshua $10
10 Pastor Joseph Prince $5

Observe again that no of the 4 richest churches mentioned have their leaders on this list of Richest Pastor.

The Pope is not here
The Arch Bishop of Cantabury is not here
The Bishop of Opus Dei is not here
The Director of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint is not here.

Now observe again.

6 out of the 10 Richest Pastors are blacks, with their congregation being predominantly blacks

4 out of the 10 richest Pastors have their churches in Nigeria the poverty capital of the world, the 147the most corrupt nation of the world, the home to the second deadliest terrorist group, the most unsafe place to give birth to in the world.

Observe as well the the Richest Churches are situated in

1- America
2- Vtican city
3- England

These are amongst the most safe, less corrupt and most prosperous Nations.

Like I said, if this isn't abnormal then nothing is abnormal.

Source of Date used: Wikipedia
Showing that Black pastors are more into enriching themselves than enriching the Church. Worst still, black members learn an apply that making a poor society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by princfred(m): 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Ur post is quite empty
Chaioo.......yours is quite simple and short.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by abbey621(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
Eyinjuege2:

There's no free lunch in Freetown my bro. You shouldn't expect your 3/4 children to go to a school of yearly 600k tuition while paying a tithe of 5k monthly, as you'll need to pay 5k monthly for 10 years to meet a year's tuition. The maths doesn't add up. Keep your money, and eat good food
We know what happened to missionary schools when it became public handled by the govt. They were almost run down.
Some others pay that 600k as tithe in these same churches, and their children go to these same schools without any complaint.
I have a close friend who has never paid tithes, yet very upset he cannot send his child to these private schools, and also screaming these schools shouldnt be expensive. He's not even a member of their church sef. I couldn't understand where he was coming from.
I'm sure he would have joined the church, just to partake of the largesse of free quality education if it were free. So would a lot of others.

What's the purpose of the school? Is it for profit or non profit? These questions will help you decipher my train of thoughts. Your example of 5k is simplicity at its finest but even at that, those little amounts contributed to the completion of those shools, it just sounds silly that those same members could not derive any benefit from it, as for the friend you mentioned, his case is an anomaly.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by sweetrace(f): 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2018
AHCB:
who are the religious leaders Jesus criticised?

So, you're saying christianity isn't a religion?

The following are excerpts from the Bible showing Jesus criticizing some religious leaders.

Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat.

For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren.

“ But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold?

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:1-2, 4-8, 13-15, 17, 27-28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/mat.23.1-2,4-8,13-15,17,27-28.nkjv
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by kunleweb: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
princfred:
Showing that Black pastors are more into enriching themselves than enriching the Church.

grin This buddy won't kill me
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by princfred(m): 3:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
kunleweb:

grin This buddy won't kill me

No be lie na.

Richest Churches in Richest places. Richest black Pastors in one of the poorest country.

How the richest Churches in rich country made a culture of charity so their countries are rich as indigenes emulate. How the richest pastors in poor countries create a culture of personal hoarding of church gains so that became a culture emulated by members especially when in government positions.

But you know, we should not talk about the glaring ills in the Church only of those in government according to the gospel of sheeples.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by kunleweb: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
princfred:

No be lie na.

Richest Churches in Richest places. Richest black Pastors in one of the poorest country.

How the richest Churches in rich country made a culture of charity so their countries are rich as indigenes emulate. How the richest pastors create a culture of personal hoarding of church gains so that became a culture emulated and do same when in government positions.

But you know, we should not talk about the glaring ills in the Church only of those in government according to the gospel of sheeples.

Lol. I refuse to die by your hand. always brilliant in your analysis. I Spotted hoarding. I have things to say but can't speak like this publicly about the church. You know na grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by Demgohearword: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
By going to church, kneeling down I was making reference to our president, senators and governors. Don't try to be smart
iamjavadem:
Which church did Hilary and Trump go to?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by papiwyte(m): 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=abels post=73674453]u are a fool 4 d devil[/quote

tongue tongue tongue tongue]
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2018
abbey621:

What's the purpose of the school? Is it for profit or non profit? These questions will help you decipher my train of thoughts. Your example of 5k is simplicity at its finest but even at that, those little amounts contributed to the completion of those shools, it just sounds silly that those same members could not derive any benefit from it, as for the friend you mentioned, his case is an anomaly.

The purpose of the schools is to provide quality education and raise productive members of the society who can easily tackle the challenges our society faces.
There is no non profit school anywhere. Good education costs money, simple as ABC.
Dropping 200K to finance the building of the project doesn't mean you deserve to send your children free to those schools. The building of the school is the cheapest part of the whole deal. They have recurring expenses. What is the purpose of a huge hospital building without competent staff, constant light, consumables and a host of other things, training facilities for staff etc. This is just an example and its comparable to schools.
Of what use is a big school without professors and research facilities? Isn't that just a play center?
I'm very impressed with some private unis like CU and Babcock and proud of their achievements. I don't support their admitting every member's child, as standard will definitely fall cos it's not sustainable.
In the UK, average uni tuition for their citizens is 8K per session. They graduate from uni heavily laden with debts. Many of their children don't bother going to uni anymore as they dont even get jobs, and are still in debts. They rather go for apprenticeship, and their society is still functioning well.
Other than stem courses and a few others, a lot of uni degrees are useless. Harsh, but true.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by abbey621(m): 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
Eyinjuege2:

The purpose of the schools is to provide quality education and raise productive members of the society who can easily tackle the challenges our society faces.
There is no non profit school anywhere. Good education costs money, simple as ABC.
Dropping 200K to finance the building of the project doesn't mean you deserve to send your children free to those schools. The building of the school is the cheapest part of the whole deal. They have recurring expenses. What is the purpose of a huge hospital building without competent staff, constant light, consumables and a host of other things, training facilities for staff etc. This is just an example and its comparable to schools.
Of what use is a big school without professors and research facilities? Isn't that just a play center?
I'm very impressed with some private unis like CU and Babcock and proud of their achievements. I don't support their admitting every member's child, as standard will definitely fall cos it's not sustainable.
In the UK, average uni tuition for their citizens is 8K per session. They graduate from uni heavily laden with debts. Many of their children don't bother going to uni anymore as they dont even get jobs, and are still in debts. They rather go for apprenticeship, and their society is still functioning well.
Other than stem courses and a few others, a lot of uni degrees are useless. Harsh, but true.

A lot of what you wrote is just plain fallacy! I don't know about UK but in the U.S we have grants, scholarships and so on meant for specific children or spouse of certain organizations or employees of the universities. You'll find such grants mostly in non profit schools so I don't know what you're saying when you assert that there is no such thing as a non profit school. Now let's go back to the religious realm, I find it ridiculous thatbeing an active member of a church does not grant any benefit or discount when it comes to your children attending the schools built by the church. No one ever said free tuition but it should not cost an arm and leg for members of the church, to think otherwise is just plain greed. I know as Nigerians we often like to make sense when we are talking nonsense but the church itself does not pay tax, it is seen as a non profit religious organization surviving on donations, offerings and tithes from members, so it baffles me when such offerings and tithes are good enough to fund church buildings and raise finances for the church whenever it needs it but are not good enough to afford members certain discounts in school tuition....once again this is RIDICULOUS!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by Truthchiz: 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
There are thousands of people who preach against tithing. So many of them on facebook. They are usually as blunt as daddy freeze. The issue of tithe has been controversial right from time. So why the hatred on daddy freeze? Before he started his campaigns others were there. I have heard Costi Hinn, Benny Hinn's nephew call him a false teacher live! There are millions of reformers all over the world. Daddy freeze is not the worst. Search for others. Yes! Daddy freeze is Abosolutely correct in whatsoever he says. Church is Business!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by Truthchiz: 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
There are thousands of people who preach against tithing. So many of them on facebook. They are usually as blunt as daddy freeze. The issue of tithe has been controversial right from time. So why the hatred on daddy freeze? Before he started his campaigns others were there. I have heard Costi Hinn, Benny Hinn's nephew call him a false teacher live! There are millions of reformers all over the world. Daddy freeze is not the worst. Search for others. Yes! Daddy freeze is Absolutely correct in whatsoever he says. Church is Business!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On by vislabraye(m): 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
OMOTOWO:
The day this guy go follow my G.O Dr D K olukoya yar n dust..na fire go consume him..
The good thing about Dr. Olukoya is that he doesn't hammer so much on money.
He doesn't blackmail his members by saying they will go to hell for not paying tithes.
He's modest and he's focused more on doctrine rather than structures.
But his messages is the issue.

To tell you the truth, if Freeze yan anything against Olukoya, nothing will happen. People have said worse about Jesus and nothing evil befell them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ben Akabueze Replies Daddy Freeze: "You Are Wrong" / Synagogue Building Collapse Was Controlled Demolition – Emmanuel Tv / If Your Wife Sucks Your Manhood, You Are Gay - Apostle Sakordie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.