Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG (6584 Views)

Oil Marketers To Resume Fuel Importation / Fact Check: How True Are Claims By Tinubu Shettima About Size Of Lagos Economy? / Oil Marketers To Shut Down ALL Loading Operations By Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by Npfn: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2018
in Nigeria, fuel scarcity is worse than ASUU strike
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 09, 2018
the biggest scam ever, are these monies not enough to build refineries.?
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by vacanci: 9:40am On Dec 09, 2018
sotall:

What is the difference??
Paying recent subsidy or owing old debt...is the money not coming out from the Nigerian treasury??
This government denied subsidy ever existed and tagged it scam.
How do we know subsidy claims in this Government isn't scam ??

No matter ur hate for this government progress, APCs victory next year will be bloodied nose for pdp
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by sotall(m): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2018
vacanci:

No matter ur hate for this government progress, APCs victory next year will be bloodied nose for pdp

Typical of APC zombies!!!

I raised salient issues in my post, instead of you to address them, you are bleeding from your brain.

Jubril tiisue paper
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by vacanci: 10:00am On Dec 09, 2018
sotall:

Typical of APC zombies!!!

I raised salient issues in my post, instead of you to address them, you are bleeding from your brain.

Jubril tiisue paper

Deeply rooting for "Jubril" . My entire family and friends and all "zombies". Victory will be ours no matter how pained you may be. I am sorry it's not my fault. If you can't beat, just join the train of development going on across Nigeria. If u see a high speed train, don't use it. Don't use newly developed roads or bridges.
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by FarahAideed: 10:08am On Dec 09, 2018
Enigmaticprof:
This government has truly shown education isn't part of her top priority, imagine,ASUU has been on strike for months now and nothing has been done to remedy the situation.angry

You expect a man who doesn't believe in Education like Buhari to take education seriously ?
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by sotall(m): 10:18am On Dec 09, 2018
vacanci:

Deeply rooting for "Jubril" . My entire family and friends and all "zombies". Victory will be ours no matter how pained you may be. I am sorry it's not my fault. If you can't beat, just join the train of development going on across Nigeria. If u see a high speed train, don't use it. Don't use newly developed roads or bridges.

grin grin grin
I guess you mean the train of world poverty ...the tag currently hanging as medal on Nigeria's neck.

Or you mean the unfortunate massacre of hundreds of our brothers, fathers and mothers in the armed forces as a result of the ineptitude/corruption of Jubril??

While it's a thing for you to wallow in false hope of winning the forthcoming elections, take out time to ask for a pay raise of your 30k monthly crumbs

I
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by vacanci: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2018
sotall:

grin grin grin
I guess you mean the train of world poverty ...the tag currently hanging as medal on Nigeria's neck.

Or you mean the unfortunate massacre of hundreds of our brothers, fathers and mothers in the armed forces as a result of the ineptitude/corruption of Jubril??

While it's a thing for you to wallow in false hope of winning the forthcoming elections, take out time to ask for a pay raise of your 30k monthly crumbs

I

I have bookmarked this thread. The next you will hear from me will be victory song after the results are announced. Am in so much excitement
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by Conceptman: 11:10am On Dec 09, 2018
Shookonekilla:
Yet Buhari increased the price of fuel telling is all subsidy payments would be stopped

Buhari is a corrupt liar and a thief

APC is fraud
we were even promised that the fuel price will be reversed to N87 after 6months of the increase.

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by Bimpe29: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2018
May God be pleased with us and give us a sincere, passionate and progressive leaders in Nigeria.

Same, same is what we have been having in terms of leadership.

sotall:
But Buhari said there is nothing like subsidy. He even said it is corruption.

You met fuel at 87 naira . You increased it to 145 naira and you are still paying subsidy.

Isn't that deception and grand corruption??

Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by jamace(m): 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
Buhari said payment of subsidy was a scam. Now Buhari is paying subsidy.

May we know the names of the persons/companies Buhari is paying subsidy to? I just feel NNPC is milking Nigeria dry.
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by theoldpretender(m): 1:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
jamace:
Buhari said payment of subsidy was a scam. Now Buhari is paying subsidy.

May we know the names of the persons/companies Buhari is paying subsidy to? I just feel NNPC is milking Nigeria dry.

Now,I don't like APC,or Bubu...or PDP...But...

1.Bubu was refering to the practice of people claiming subsidy money for what they did not import .(Remember the brief trial of Otedola.).

2.The amout being paid is the left over subsidy claims from the last administration (If you think I am blaming GEJ...please wait and read no 3)

3.GEJ tried to remove subsidy in 2012...partially...because his financial advisers were telling himthat paying for subsidy was no longer sustainable. PMS went up from N65 to N140..Nigerians protested...and price fell to N97.

4.We import most of the fuel we use...because we cannot produce enough for our needs (And why have we no new refienreis...because no investor wants to come and build a refinery if it means selling fuel produced at a subsidsed rate).

5.Because of govt keeping that unsustainable subsidy regimen...which became unsustainble especially as the landing price edged over N120 perliter in 2014...and we were selling fuel at N97 and then N87...a debt of N840BN was accumulated.

6.That is the debt that we are still paying off.

7.Buhari is stuck paying subsidy because if he closed down the scam...fuel would shoot up to N200 and above. (landing cost is now N180 perliter. It was N132 when Bubu increased fuel from N87 to N145....under pressure...because he wanted to keepit at N87...but it was unsustainable,and his financial advisers knew it)....problem is,the scam is now centered around NNPC...which importsfuel at N180...subsidises it down to N145...and sells it to marketers at that price...forcing them to sell it at that price.(and the money to keep the price down is obtained via some dubious accounting).
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by jamace(m): 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2018
theoldpretender:

Now,I don't like APC,or Bubu...or PDP...But...

1.Bubu was refering to the practice of people claiming subsidy money for what they did not import .(Remember the brief trial of Otedola.).

2.The amout being paid is the left over subsidy claims from the last administration (If you think I am blaming GEJ...please wait and read no 3)

3.GEJ tried to remove subsidy in 2012...partially...because his financial advisers were telling himthat paying for subsidy was no longer sustainable. PMS went up from N65 to N140..Nigerians protested...and price fell to N97.

4.We import most of the fuel we use...because we cannot produce enough for our needs (And why have we no new refienreis...because no investor wants to come and build a refinery if it means selling fuel produced at a subsidsed rate).

5.Because of govt keeping that unsustainable subsidy regimen...which became unsustainble especially as the landing price edged over N120 perliter in 2014...and we were selling fuel at N97 and then N87...a debt of N840BN was accumulated.

6.That is the debt that we are still paying off.

7.Buhari is stuck paying subsidy because if he closed down the scam...fuel would shoot up to N200 and above. (landing cost is now N180 perliter. It was N132 when Bubu increased fuel from N87 to N145....under pressure...because he wanted to keepit at N87...but it was unsustainable,and his financial advisers knew it)....problem is,the scam is now centered around NNPC...which importsfuel at N180...subsidises it down to N145...and sells it to marketers at that price...forcing them to sell it at that price.(and the money to keep the price down is obtained via some dubious accounting).

Buhari meant and said that fuel subsidy was a scam. I remember Buhari's good friend, Tam David West concurring that fuel was supposed to be sold around N45 per litre.
But Buhari promised to build one refinery every year. What has happened to that promise? :https://www.nairaland.com/2063845/yemi-osibanjo-accused-rape-corruption
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by theoldpretender(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
jamace:

Buhari meant and said that fuel subsidy was a scam. I remember Buhari's good friend, Tam David West concurring that fuel was supposed to be sold around N45 per litre.
But Buhari promised to build one reinery every year. What has happened to that promise? :https://www.nairaland.com/2063845/yemi-osibanjo-accused-rape-corruption

1.Tam David West was joking...and he knew it. Anyone who knows what was going on could see that (and his comment began my processof not taking APC serious)....Fuel at N45 was impossile, with cost of importing the fuel above N100 at that time, plus even when all our refineries workperfectly...we need more of them...see no2.

2.A new refinery costs $9billion(that is 3,275,999,698,608.03 naira. We need four of them. Our reserves are at $41bn. (And I doubt we can use the reserves...which leaves the budget.).

3.Only way we can build refineries is by attracting investment into our petrol sector...and removing subsidy is a start.(Dangote.? Dangote is not going to sell PMS from his refinery at N145 PER LITER).

4.Always take political promises with a pinch of salt. (It keeps one calm and less cynical). Atiku says he would sell fuel at N90 per liter. Landing cost is N180 . Where is he going to find the money ? Scarcity part 2loading.

The truth is noone...APC,PDP,orNigerians want to remove subsidy. Many people are benefiting from the corrupt subsidy deals...and Nigerians benefit fromthe illusion of 'lowoilprice'. And our petrol sector is cash strapped.
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by bejeria101(m): 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mr intergrity said that they werent paying subsidy! So what is being paid for?
Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by jamace(m): 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
theoldpretender:

1.Tam David West was joking...and he knew it. Anyone who knows what was going on could see that (and his comment began my processof not taking APC serious)....Fuel at N45 was impossile, with cost of importing the fuel above N100 at that time, plus even when all our refineries workperfectly...we need more of them...see no2.

2.A new refinery costs $9billion(that is 3,275,999,698,608.03 naira. We need four of them. Our reserves are at $41bn. (And I doubt we can use the reserves...which leaves the budget.).

3.Only way we can build refineries is by attracting investment into our petrol sector...and removing subsidy is a start.(Dangote.? Dangote is not going to sell PMS from his refinery at N145 PER LITER).

4.Always take political promises with a pinch of salt. (It keeps one calm and less cynical). Atiku says he would sell fuel at N90 per liter. Landing cost is N180 . Where is he going to find the money ? Scarcity part 2loading.

The truth is noone...APC,PDP,orNigerians want to remove subsidy. Many people are benefiting from the corrupt subsidy deals...and Nigerians benefit fromthe illusion of 'lowoilprice'. And our petrol sector is cash strapped.

The sad thing is that we have continued to judge/elect politicians based on the weight/importance of their promises, in anticipation that they will carry them out to the benefit of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Maybe the modular refineries will help out.

Thanks for your matured and intelligent posts.

1 Like

Re: Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 10, 2018
Enigmaticprof:
This government has truly shown education isn't part of her top priority, imagine,ASUU has been on strike for months now and nothing has been done to remedy the situation.angry

I really want FG to give these marketers the ASUU treatment so they will know how useless they are.

Bunch of thieving miscreants. N800billion from where?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC, Buhari Can't Blackmail Nigeria - PDP Insists / Customs Blames NNPC For Increasing Rate Of Fuel Smuggling Across Border. / Protest To Kill Nnamdi Kanu PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.