Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,013 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? (16135 Views)

Students' Car Park vs Lecturers' Car Park In a Tertiary Institution In Nigeria / Is Madonna University The New Format? / Life In The University... The Few Unpopular Truths - Meme Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by bilms(m): 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
Is Open University the best institution in Nigeria?
https://mrrightsng..com/2018/12/is-open-university-best-institution-in.html

A post recently made on facebook by Abdulrazaq O Hamzat, a former President of Congress of NOUN Students (CONS) has generated a new debate about the position of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) among institutions in the country.

Hamzat, who is still in court against management of the institution over his unlawful expulsion in 2015 for exposing corruption and forming a student association declared that, despite all the challenges confronting the University, the Open University is still the best in Nigeria.

In his words, ‘’ National Open University of Nigeria is the best institution in Nigeria’’

While some people expressed their disagreement with the former NOUN student leader, In the discussion that followed, Hamzat argued that, there is no institution in Nigeria with it’s own standard dedicated course materials apart from Open university. These course material, he maintained are the best anyone can find anywhere around the world.

Hamzat also argued that, an average Open University student will stand among the best in other institutions and he challenged anyone with contrary opinion to step forward for a challenge.

According to him, '' NOUN graduates are competent and self developed. They are well prepared to take on the world, unlike graduates from conventional Universities where you may find half baked''.

While he noted that there might still be half baked graduates in NOUN, the percentage, compared to that of conventional Universities is like 1 of 10. he concluded.

Do you agree that NOUN is the best institution in Nigeria? Let’s know your opinion.

https://mrrightsng..com/2018/12/is-open-university-best-institution-in.html

4 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by LeeMason(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Opinions are like assholes everyone is entitled to one.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hamzat also argued that, an average Open University student will stand among the best in other institutions and he challenged anyone with contrary opinion to step forward for a challenge.

Let the challenge start NOW!
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Starboytwo(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yes it's the best stadium in the world....but we need bigger capacities so that the sun will not be heating people head. sad

9 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by princeSammyz: 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Lol. This shouldn't be a subject of debate at all. Open uni not different from NTI. There have dedicated materials too but is that all it takes to be the best? NOUN na extramural kowe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
I wonder why they are overflogging the pros / cons of distance education, we have open / distance education in Europe, North America, Asia and Oceania, their certificate / degrees / Diplomas are recognized and accepted, why is that of NOUN an issue in Nigeria, NOUN is not different from other Open University in the western world.

l took several long distance education in the West and no employer ever raised an eyebrow about it but in Nigeria it is becoming endless argument about open / distance education, Hian shocked

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Heywhizzy(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
NOUN ko , Pronoun ni.. You mean the institution where people who struggle in Jamb run to

Open university my foot, this shouldn't even be open for discussion

LabuleofNigeria:

Try sit their for 100L exam, mumu
This mumu, a product of NOUN University, can't even spell the pronoun "there"

14 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by LeeMason(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Ayhomes(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2018
Someone opinion on front page? Nairaland moderators are like Nigeria leaders, confusion everywhere
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by jidxin(m): 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2018
It's hamzat's opinion and it's ends there.

And talking about half baked...I vehemently disagree with that. Most NOUN students I have come across are half baked.

4 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by uglodoh(f): 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2018
I agreed with him on the course materials
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Princess4ng(f): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
crossed leg!!!!!!!!! wating to read comments and answers
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Wallade(m): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
Far from the best.

1 Like

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by EmmaLege: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
How sad
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by LegalOpinion: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
I blame the moderator that approved this post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
Starboytwo:
Yes it's the best stadium in the world....but we need bigger capacities so that the sun will not be heating people head. sad

Your weed is Turkish, right?

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by megamank(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
This is school for the aged and working class.....any young and vibrant young individual should follow the normal university trend.....

3 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by imagrg(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
True. Two of my children who were admitted in 2015 couldn't make it as they failed the first semester exams woefully. They later left the institution disappointed.
The quality is indeed high!
TheGreenLand:

Let the challenge start NOW!

5 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by lawani: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
It's certainly the largest by students population if not the best
Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by merryossai(m): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
if everything was okay with this country, I will say it's not even up to the standard of polytechnics, but with our dilapidated economy and system, I think its the best because it allows you with time to be more creative, improve vocationally and prepare yourself for the harsh economy.

before anyone bashes me, have in your mind am a zikite!
#Education is scam

7 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by LabuleofNigeria: 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
Heywhizzy:
NOUN ko , Pronoun ni.. You mean the institution where people who struggle in Jamb run to

Open university my foot, this shouldn't even be opened for discussion

Try sit their for 100L exam, mumu

1 Like

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
I did one of my masters in open university....

Omo no short cut for open university. If you don't know it. You don't know it.

Open university is only meant for serious students

25 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Richnero(m): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
He has a point in the course materials thingy...

1 Like

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Timil: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
Do we even have any standard university in Nigeria..

Tacoma Community College in Washington is better than all Nigerian universities combined together.

1 Like

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
Noun students are Unique and highly motivated individuals who work & learn. Lecturers have no power there. It is between you, your course materials and Examination.

3 Likes

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by imagrg(m): 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
Education in Nigeria is a fraud. It takes just N40,000 to register for the West African Senior School Certificate Exam in most public and private schools popularly called 'Miracle Centres' around Benin City in Edo State.
The assurance given to those who enrol for this exam is, "go to sleep, come and copy the answers to the questions from the marker paper board: you must pass without making any efforts to read your books!"
If you doubt this, go round schools around Ikpoba/Okha LGA and environs during the exam; stay with them till they complete the English and Mathematics papers. You will certainly see the 'drama' as students would be seen scampering for answers here and there with the active connivance of the supervisors and invigilators!
Some invigilators have made it a yearly source of revenue. They bribe their way to be selected as Supervisors because of the money they get from private school proprietors. It is indeed a sad experience.

1 Like

Re: Is Open University The Best Institution In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2018
Duru009:
I did one of my masters in open university....

Omo no short cut for open university. If you don't know it. You don't know it.

Open university is only meant for serious students
God bless. You can not pay lecturers, if you fail you fail.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB Change Of Course Form: How Much? / Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident / Kano Extends Second-Term Holiday To Five Weeks For Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.