Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b (1937 Views)

$2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg / Herdsmen Convert Ondo Forest Reserve Into Militia Camp - Punch / Elections 2019: Voters In Bauchi Use Stones To Reserve Their Spaces On Queue.Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by alizma: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
Between October 2016 and December 2018, Nigerian external reserve has increased by 87% as it rises from $23b to $43b.

https://abokifx.com/news/external-reserves-rise-to-43-billion-the-guardian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Yuceeluv(f): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2018
Why then is the country's debt skyrocketing?
Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by GavelSlam: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:
Why then is the country still owing?

Same reason America and Dangote are owing.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Corrinthians(m): 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:
USA is the wealthiest country on the planet and the most indebted.

Wail with sense please.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Yuceeluv(f): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
First off...I'm not responsible for your misery...it was a simple question, ignorantly asked.

Secondly...go check the meaning of the word, 'wail' before you use it.

Corrinthians:

Wail with sense please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
GOD BLESS PRESIDENT BUHARI.
GOD BLESS all sane Nigerians.
Baba walking to the NEXT LEVEL........

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:
First off...I'm not responsible for your misery...it was a simple question, ignorantly asked.

Common gurl.....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by bantudra: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2018
goood job...the more the better.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Yuceeluv(f): 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
A simple answer like the first person gave would have done...there was absolutely no need for insults.

TheGreenLand:

Common gurl.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by bantudra: 4:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:

woman,try to listen to people that understand this economical stuffs....reserves is always good....

if people know what they lend you,you can pay it easily back,they will happily and easily lend you....big nations only work that way....

americans call it federal reserves....dont be deceived by ipob....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:
A simple answer like the first person gave would have done...there was absolutely no need for insults.

Okay, but it's not that serious.
We all learn everyday.
Let peace reign UC.
Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Corrinthians(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yuceeluv:

Read again: wail with sense. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Corrinthians(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
TheGreenLand:
GOD BLESS PRESIDENT BUHARI.
GOD BLESS all sane Nigerians.
Baba walking to the NEXT LEVEL........
Waiting for the children of hate and misery to come tell you Buhari does not walk that way. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Yuceeluv(f): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
Boy bye.

Corrinthians:
Read again: wail with sense. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
Corrinthians:
Waiting for the children of hate and misery to come tell you Buhari does not walk that way. cheesy
Hahahaha cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by zlantanfan: 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
Buhari has not looked for flimsy excuses in order to share the money and clean mouth.

Nigeria is getting plenty reserve in the midst of lowest oil price

No to the looting party

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Ballotti: 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2018
What is the amount of INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL DEBT? wink

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by zlantanfan: 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
Corrinthians:

Wail with sense please.
pardon his ignorance
Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Ballotti: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
We see what US is doing with its debt!
What is Nigeria doing?
Paying salaries and doing LOOTERMONI scams! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Ballotti: 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2018
Borrow borrow make me fine! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by zlantanfan: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2018
Ballotti:
What is Nigeria doing?
Did you ever wish the zoo well

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Yuceeluv(f): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
Leave those people...in their minds the nation can continue sinking in debts.

Ballotti:
What is Nigeria doing?
Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by alizma: 3:37am On Dec 13, 2018
Yuceeluv:
I mean no ill but please take out time to read more on economy, you are too beautiful to ask this question.
to answer your question, we are still owing because we need more money than we have to invest in capital projects which will unturn boost our economy. the same reason why a business outfit have both assets and liabilities on its balance sheet.
Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by grandstar(m): 5:00am On Dec 13, 2018
bantudra:

woman,try to listen to people that understand this economical stuffs....reserves is always good....

if people know what they lend you,you can pay it easily back,they will happily and easily lend you....big nations only work that way....

americans call it federal reserves....dont be deceived by ipob....

Your foreign reserves do no belong to the government.

It is therefore reckless for Buhari to be borrowing willy nilly like there's no tomorrow.

And the only reason why the reserves have grown is that the Naira is so weak and growth so weak that it has successfully squashed demand.

The country is back to the Abacha days when the late dictator grew the external reserves from $500m to $8b but growth averaged 2.5% yearly which is pitiful but beats Buhari's. This year, the economy will grow 1.81% which does not even keep up with population growth of 2.5% meaning Nigerians have just become -0.7% poorer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by grandstar(m): 5:13am On Dec 13, 2018
alizma:

I mean no ill but please take out time to read more on economy, you are too beautiful to ask this question.
to answer your question, we are still owing because we need more money than we have to invest in capital projects which will unturn boost our economy. the same reason why a business outfit have both assets and liabilities on its balance sheet.

There's nothing wrong in borrowing but the way the government is going is unsustainable.

USA debt may be high but borrowing cost is low, probably no more than 3%. Nigeria's around 15%. Also, US collects about a 30% of its GDP as tax while Nigeria's about 7%.

Already, it is suspected that government spends about 50% of the budget on debt servicing. This is absurd.

Economist were already complaining when service cost was only 35%!

Buhari is a populist and has shrunk back from making the tough decisions that will see him cut spending. His populist policies plunged the economy into the worst recession for decades.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Yuceeluv(f): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2018
You all are swallowing pills of deceit the govt is feeding you...if foreign debts were sooo needed,why did obasanjo,in his regime try all he could to clear off external debts that were skyrocketing?... Lemme rephrase my question...then you can answer... WHY IS THE COUNTRY'S DEBT SKYROCKETING?.

...I studied accounting, and was taught to clear off current liabilities with income accrued at the year's end...sooo all ye economists should know when the sink in debts is a big problem.

...another question for you...some of these banks that could not stand anymore,plus the one currently struggling,what do you think sunk them?...if I say use your head now,you'll say I insulted you...but please do use it and its not an insult sir...bliv me.

alizma:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by beegodson: 11:59am On Dec 13, 2018
We are growing; that is the way forward. I know people will still talk ill about this, all the wailers hope you are seeing this. This is a step up all under the Buhari Administration.
Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Afamed: 12:09pm On Dec 13, 2018
Yuceeluv:
Why then is the country's debt skyrocketing?
My 3 years old kid would not have asked this silly question. Schmuck
Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Yuceeluv(f): 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2018
Lol...everyone wants to form

Afamed:

My 3 years old kid would not have asked this silly question.

Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Afamed: 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
Yuceeluv:
Lol...everyone wants to form

Go to Romance section, here isn't for lazy youth
Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Yuceeluv(f): 12:17pm On Dec 13, 2018
You are a faceless,needless,irrelevant, unknown being to me...even poo has far greater value than you or your perception of me can ever have...YOUR BUHARI WILL NOT RULE THIS COUNTRY AGAIN.

Afamed:

Keep quiet lazy youth
Re: Nigerian External Reserve Hits $43b by Afamed: 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
Yuceeluv:
You are a faceless,needless,irrelevant, unknown being to me...even poo has far greater value than you or your perception of me can ever have...YOUR BUHARI WILL NOT RULE THIS COUNTRY AGAIN.

Bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla as usual lazy youth

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Million Jobs In 100 Days In Office Manifesto Signed By Atiku Abubakar / Okay na / Breaking News!! Zamfara To Pardon Imprisoned Fulani Bandits And Set Them Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.