Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,816 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? (11822 Views)

Davido Meets The Fan Who Tattooed His Face On His Body (Photo) / No 2nd Term For President Jonathan Says Lagbaja / Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by blacksta(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
kulyie:

i have an idea of how he luks even though its just based on probability n d fact dat i've sin his eyes n lips on pictures around,n i zoomed it tuk a good indepth look at his eyes,which brot me 2 d conclusion dat his got a bulging eyes n pink lips so i can just guess how his nose willl b like.as 4 tribal marks on his cheek,i dont know anytin bout dat.den his real name is BISADE OLOGUNDE

Joblessness - Hope se it get cure
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by watchme(f): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2010
Check out lagbaja with a fan

* August 2006, Lagbaja performed at the Lisner Auditorium in Washington DC. Hands down, the best concert by a Nigerian Musician we've attended.

1 Like

Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by watchme(f): 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2010
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by haboosa(m): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2010
till thy kingdom come grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by 0hsisi: 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2010
who is he?
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by beeke(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2010
He once said that he is not removin the mask unless nigeria better but i dont know if he's joking or not
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by beeke(m): 4:04pm On Aug 03, 2010
watchme:

Check out lagbaja with a fan

* August 2006, Lagbaja performed at the Lisner Auditorium in Washington DC. Hands down, the best concert by a Nigerian Musician we've attended.

this is definitely notttt the Lagbaja i know
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by chelseabmw(m): 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2010
I believe when lagbaja dies his face will be revealed.So let's wait till then
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by enomakos(m): 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2010
BabaOnileK:

What's all this noise over his face? he has chosen his own identity and it serves him well.

Good for his family too, the guy could still park to buy boli and groundnut and the whole world will not know on Twitter.

[center]What's the difference in the hip hop starz that wear dark glasses (some darker than Ray Parker Charles's) even indoors or studio shoots?[/center]

Besides if you want to see his face, there are at least two pictures of him unmasked on the web. I came across this from a note someone posted on FB. I just went back to it and got this as one reason why he decided anonymity was it.
About five years ago, Nigerian popular reggae musician, Ras Kimono was hit by a strange illness and had to be taken to a hospital for medical attention. While Kimono (as he is fondly called by his fans and friends) was in hospital, one unforgettable event happened that makes many reel in laugher each time the story is told.
Kimono’s illness, as expected, attracted scores of other musicians who came to sympathise at his bedside. According to the gist, the nurses on duty constantly allowed these musicians into the ward to see Kimono. One day, however, a strange man who called himself Bisade Ologunde came to the hospital to see his sick friend, Kimono.
“Sorry sir, you can’t see him”, said one of the nurses.
“But he is expecting me,” said Ologunde, even as the nurses gave him cold shoulder.
Right in his presence, another popular musician came and totally ignored him (Ologunde), asked after Kimono and in no time, was ushered into Kimono ward. Nothing Ologunde did or said could make the nurses budge. Defeated, he gave up and went back home. Two hours later, he came back, but this time, not as the rejected Bisade Ologunde. Lo and behold, he had on a "trademark" mask and costume and he turned out to be the artiste popularly known as Lagbaja, the masked one.
Quickly, even before he could finish asking to see Kimono, the nurses, now grinning from ear to ear, practically led Lagbaja to the ward, just as a crowd formed, not only inside the hospital to see this popular music icon, but also outside the hospital.
When Lagbaja narrated this experience to The Source a few years later, he couldn’t stop laughing, admitting in the process that his decision to wear masks which is his identity in the music industry, has in a very big way, helped to protect his private life.
“That experience proved to me that I made the right decision to go about in the mask. Whenever I walk among people without the mask – which in a way has become my identity no one knows who I am, and I simply love it that way. To me, Bisade is an entirely different person from Lagbaja.”, he said.

http://www.thesourceng.com/crazyidentitysept17.htm

thanks for this info
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by misterh(m): 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2010
I think he wears the mask to protect his privacy and also to limit people attaching his precious name to scandals. He might even be that guy sitting next to me.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by blacksta(m): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2010
What the hell is the fascination with the chaps face -. na wa o
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Exponental(m): 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2010
chelseabmw:

I believe when lagbaja dies his face will be revealed.So let's wait till then
A man without identity will be buried with his face open. that is a fallacy. abeg make una no take mouth kill am o,

As i heard, he lectures, enters into the same market me and u enter regularly, does so many things without the mask. He wears d mask only wen he needs to perform. but think of it, it's wisdom u know. at least no kidnapper fit carry him or hin family for any ransom.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by canuck(m): 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2010
What??!! Lagbaja's identity is still a mystery, even after more than a decade in the limelight?

Very impressive!

But then, this shows that Private Investigators and Paparazzis are needed in Nigeria smiley
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by sweetguy10(m): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2010
Well one of my big brothers is an Apprentice instrumental under one of his boys he said that he is a very tall , handsome and playful bros .There was this incident that happened at Iyana Ipaja baba gboin(one presenter sha ) was held by those area boys , they told him to give them money or else they wont let him go meanwhile there was another guy inside the car beside him after much persuasion he gave them some money and he started the car as he was driving off he told them in a loud voice that (in yoruba language) " I am not the person that you should be asking money from this guy here will give you chunks of money" they replied and asked who he was and he told them "LAGBAJA" and he Zoomed off
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by azundu1(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2010
this picture of him was taken sometimes ago during some hangout.

Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by badman(m): 7:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
read sometime, that he was asked to remove the mask at the airport,

Unveiling the mask would be a a great chance to make money for him, all he needs to do is to organise an unveiling of LAGBAJA concert. It would a sold out concert for sure and  increase his demand in the market again

lagbaja if u dey nairaland na real business sense i give u there, 30% go do me sha  grin
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by sweetguy10(m): 7:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
**OOps i meant to write Instrumentalist
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by mamagee3(f): 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2010
Nigerian don't care about Lagbaja's face. . .

Lagbaja is completely irrelevant to us, the problems before us is bigger.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by blacksta(m): 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2010
mama-gee:

Nigerian don't care about Lagbaja's face. . .

Lagbaja is completely irrelevant to us, the problems before us is bigger.

Abeg take that one to the politics section - crack head lol
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by snowdrops(m): 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
azu_ndu:

this picture of him was taken sometimes ago during some hangout.
the picture is as good as wearing a mask
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by AloyEmeka8: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/300884_lagbaja_jpgfb19a764b20ed3db72b8af33d028bbfd

You be mumu because this is not lagbaja. I have his current picture given to me by his mistress and he legally blocked the picture from the public.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Akuviv: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2010
I'm a big fan of Lagbaja ! I love his concept and packaging! The guy is eating his cake and having it. He is doing wonderfully as a musician and definitely rocking his private life.  kiss  kiss What else can a superstar ask for?

Abeg the guy simply rocks!

Talking about his music content and genius will take the whole day, he simply is a pro!

I do not need to see his face to know he is handsome, he is! With a great sense of humor.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by ITbomb(m): 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2010
You want to see his face?
Ladies first
nite time
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by chiogo(f): 9:48pm On Aug 03, 2010
So, he still hasn't shown his face?
Tsk, don't even care anymore.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by djslam(m): 9:49pm On Aug 03, 2010
I know what he looks like, infact ve seen his face in one group picture he snaped when he was in 200L faculty of science @ OAU. My mum used to ve the picture. He seems to the the tallest in the class. Not bad looking.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by mamagee3(f): 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
ITbomb:

You want to see his face?
Ladies first
nite time
Yeah right. . .

They probably want to see his face in their dreams.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by oladayo042: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2010
Exponental:

A man without identity will be buried with his face open. that is a fallacy. abeg make una no take mouth kill am o,

As i heard, he lectures, enters into the same market me and u enter regularly, does so many things without the mask. He wears d mask only wen he needs to perform. but think of it, it's wisdom u know. [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]at least no kidnapper fit carry him or hin family for any ransom[/size][/size][/size].
LOL smiley smiley smiley
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Desdo(m): 12:00am On Aug 04, 2010
It is his styleeeeeeee,
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Ranoscky(m): 4:00am On Aug 04, 2010
^
Aba o!
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Akosbaba(m): 5:41am On Aug 04, 2010
Maybe he has tribal marks that are extended to his chin
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by Agibecky: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2010
Lagbaja will no longer be Lagbaja once he removes his mask.

Presently, Lagbaja has relocated to the United States of America until further notice.
Re: When Will Lagbaja Let Nigerian See His Face? by evantical: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2010
guys i have a plan to unmasked on stage .hope  the law wouldnt hold anything against me. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido Is A Bad Guy!!! See What Hihe Did To Skales!!! Viewer Discretion / A Video Shows The Moment A Yahoo Boy Dies After Barking Like A Dog / I-Go-Dye Gives Film Editor A BMW Z3 Convertible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.