Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,166 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment (13210 Views)

What Buhari's Refusal To Sign Electoral Bill Will Do To Nigeria In 2019 - Wike / Aisha Buhari: Two Powerful Men Behind Buhari’s Slow Progress / Igbos Didn’t Endorse Atiku, We Are Still Behind Buhari – Uche Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by herich(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
Buhari is chronic fraudster, who succeeded in deceiving the Yoruba's.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Bennycollins: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
Your ignorance smells. The electoral bill amendment was sponsored and moved by an Apc senator, who only moved to the pdp recently. His name is Sulaiman Nazif from Bauchi state. The process started when Atiku, Saraki, Dogara and Nazif were still Apc members. In fact Nazif had started work on the said bill in the 7th senate. You can verify it. So how has it become the pdp Agenda. There are more Apc senatorso on the comittee on INEC AND electoral reforms.
TheGreenLand:
PDP & THEIR RIGGING PLANS PUNCTURED!
BUHARI IS SMARTER AND WISER THAN THEM!!

Atiku has engaged the man who allegedly manipulated the United States presidential election results in favour of Donald Trump. He has paid the man $1m to help him rig Nigeria's presidential election in his favour

But when they were strategizing in Dubai, it was observed that such rigging cannot happen in Nigeria if electronic transmission of results is not deployed.

The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, who is Atiku's Campaign DG smartly manipulated the electoral act bill, removed the clause that says votes should be counted. It contains only the one that says results should be announced. He also made it mandatory that results should be transmitted electronically in a country where almost half of its territory has no communication network.

How can you announce a result that was not counted? So their rigging expert can manipulate the figures online. If he could do it in United States, is it in Nigeria that he cannot do it? This is the secret behind their jactitations that they will defeat President Muhammadu Buhari.
And one Oby Ezekwesili, one of Obasanjo's stooges, called a Press Conference to persuade President Buhari to give assent to such rubbish. Presidential candidate my ass!

The obvious is that President Buhari will never sign that document. We will use the electoral act put together by a PDP-dominated National Assembly, and assented to by a PDP president of Nigeria. Any other position on this matter is absolute bunkum!

Saraki and Dogara can do whatever they like. Let them override the president and assent to the electoral bill. Let us see who would implement it.
This was what they went to Dubai to plan. But if you hold your own in your palm, do you know what I have in my pocket?
President Buhari and APC are always two steps ahead of them. Let the heaven fall. That manipulation cannot stand. It will not come to pass.

I rest my case!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Oweku: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
Afamed:

They think it was the previous government, who signed everything at will.

Oga keep kwayet.. What is wrong with the president signing a bill that will guarantee a free n fair election?

2 Likes

Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Rexnegro(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2018
I pray make sense no kill you to where you dey , no mind them PDP and their manipulative nature . they sure know PMB is not a push about like that otuoke man. they just want to try their luck. bunch of political fools
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by lonelydora: 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2018
bilms:
Fear of defeat behind Buhari’s refusal to sign Electoral Act amendment

•APC, PDP playing games,Olawepo-Hashim alleges

As mixed reactions continue to trail President Muhammadu Buhari’s refusal to sign the Electoral Act amendment bill, stakeholders, including one of the frontline presidential candidates for next year’s election, Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, NCP presidential candidate, Dr. Yusuf Tanko, among others, have blamed President Buhari action on fear of losing the 2019 election.
Tanko said Buhari was only acting out of selfish interest by not signing the bill, stressing, “If that Bill is not assented to, there is no way the country can conduct free, fair and credible election next year.”He disclosed that other political parties would take the issue up with the National Assembly, remarking that if expected result is not achieved “we will go on protest and even appeal to the international community to impress on Buhari to sign the Bill into law. I don’t think the president is ready for a free and fair election.”

However, Olawepo-Hashim blamed both the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the ignoble fate that has befallen Nigeria’s electoral system.The Peoples Trusts presidential standard bearer asserted that the two major parties were not only toying with the destiny of Nigerians, but also playing politics with the nation’s stability through the way and manner they handle a serious bill such as the Electoral Act.He lamented that rather than presenting themselves as statesmen, APC and PDP candidates were rather obsessed with immediate partisan gains.

Speaking during an interactive session with journalists in Lagos, Olawepo-Hashim recalled that although the PDP-controlled National Assembly passed the Electoral Act, the perceived top actors are falling below standards.He stated: “The president is conducting himself like a typical Nigerian politician of the era of political decline, rather than behaving as a patriot that I have always thought he is. By his actions, he is simply saying, “let me benefit from the fraudulent process for my 2019 bid. You can push for the new law in 2023 when I will not be contesting?

“In the task of nation building, political leaders sometimes have to rise above the fray and take decisions in the national interest, even when they do not seem to benefit from them. Some of us did this before. In 2000, when some of our colleagues wanted to change our two-year tenure to four years, I led the opposition to this, even though I would have been a beneficiary of that exercise as a National Executive Committee (NEC) member.”

https://guardian.ng/politics/fear-of-defeat-behind-buharis-refusal-to-sign-electoral-act-amendment/

We all know nah
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by RevenGeMission: 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
nonsense
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
Nonsense
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by ibietela2(m): 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2018
netpro:
Any one supporting the signing of that fraudulent document into law is very unpatriotic.

The existing law was good for the PDP to use. We will keep using it until the present rigging template the PDP are pushing for is cleaned up and fixed.

Atiku came back from Dubai with 2 things in agenda:

- Right the election with Saraki's crafted Bill of rigging.
- To sell the NNPC in 6 months.

Since both have failed, PDP are now panicking like drowning clowns.

Nigeria will remain on the path of progress. Come 2019, it is Buhari all the way!

You didn't even read the article
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by ibietela2(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2018
sureheaven:
Not signing the electoral act has gone, we need something else from PDP since they can't veto him but prefers to make empty noise.

Only a fool does what will endanger his life or chances.
Those who set that trap will be one to fall into it, PMB has chosen not to be foolish and fall inside PDP's trap.

You didn't even read the article
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Geesaintagape: 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
Sign no sign back to daura so better sign n gain Nigerians respect
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Omeokachie: 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
"By his actions, he is simply saying, “let me benefit from the fraudulent process for my 2019 bid. You can push for the new law in 2023 when I will not be contesting?"

The lifeless and incompetent tyrant keeps upping his vices.
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Geesaintagape: 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
Sign no sign back to daura so better sign n gain Nigerians respect
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by bigfish3k: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
netpro:
Any one supporting the signing of that fraudulent document into law is very unpatriotic.

The existing law was good for the PDP to use. We will keep using it until the present rigging template the PDP are pushing for is cleaned up and fixed.

Nigeria will remain on the path of progress. Come 2019, it is Buhari all the way!

"The existing law was good for the PDP to use. We will keep using it until the present rigging template the PDP are pushing for is cleaned up and fixed."

so nigeria should continue with fraudulent elections because PDP used it. i thought u people came to clear 16yrs mess. or u and ur party have agreed that the electoral law is good and does not need amendment.
i thought u people said u are patriots.
why do u want evil to continue to bedevil the country
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Isobug: 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2018
somehow:
They have jammed a reading president and a law expert vice.

Una never Sabi!

But is that ingenuity? That is sheer wickedness if I'm asked, and an assault on our nascent democracy.

Too bad for Bubu

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by uchelouis45(m): 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2018
Kclique:

You are just announcing to the world that u are an educated illiterate since u don't know how Trump won.

As if that isn't enough, keep battling to defend anything Buhari and defame any on and anything against the Sudanese.
He will be sent to Duara/Sudan in 2019 (whichever of the two applies).
That's ! Ignore him please, a very mumu somebody cheesy
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2018
netpro:

If PDP want to rig the 2015 election buhari imposter would not have smell that seat in aso rock.Didnt late buhari promised to correct the errors of PDP 16 years misrule which the electoral law is part of them?Why is jubril now renege to sign it in other to wash away the past PDP errors?
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by martineverest(m): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
somehow:
They have jammed a reading president and a law expert vice.

Una never Sabi!
the only sensible comment here.... osinbajo is the man behind the refusal
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:20pm On Dec 12, 2018
madridguy:
Yes, after drinking over 50 liter of sapele water, Oga Jona pen signature on anything. tongue

That pen gave way for free and fair election that Buhari rigged.
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Afamed: 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2018
Oweku:

Oga keep kwayet.. What is wrong with the president signing a bill that will guarantee a free n fair election?
Keep quiet what did you know about the bill little kid. A bill that discourages votes to be counted openly before it's announced.
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2018
Whether booharry signs the bill or not, he should brace up cos he will be defeated squarely.
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by ahmadeen66: 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2018
People just open mouth and talk of which benefit is that amendment saraki and is entourage .read the write up assimilate it,deceitful is bad
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by ahmadeen66: 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2018
They should all amend their heart for good
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
uchelouis45:
That's ! Ignore him please, a very mumu somebody cheesy
ur sickness and blindness still dey worry u, no wonder.
na manna peppersoup grin
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by somehow: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
Seems you do not know Buhari. People underrate him alot. He reads all that he signs for,hence the reason he's kinda slow with decision making. Saraki and PDP beat him once in 2015, he won't let that repeat itself again.
martineverest:
the only sensible comment here.... osinbajo is the man behind the refusal
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by somehow: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
Nothing wicked here, Saraki and Dogara were trying to use the bill to trap the president. Some of the clauses on the bill left room for legal manipulations. He simply pointed out the loopholes and had the bill sent back to them. With or without the bill, INEC will perform!
Isobug:

But is that ingenuity? That is sheer wickedness if I'm asked, and an assault on our nascent democracy.

Too bad for Bubu
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by uchelouis45(m): 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2018
TheGreenLand:
ur sickness and blindness still dey worry u, no wonder.
Pained motherfucka cheesy cheesy wink kiss
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by luvtoteach(f): 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
Racoon:

Meanwhile Jonathan willingly signed the 2015 electoral amended act 48hours to the election of which Buhari immensely benefited and is also expected to improve upon. However Buhari is not ready to do that because of the fear of losing.

Because he's not foolish like Jona
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by luvtoteach(f): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2018
musicnmagic:
Ladies n gentle men please join me to welcome on board the biggest yahoo man alive.

Muhammadu Buhari(jubril)
Scamming over 200 million people since 2015
Yet some zombies still lick his balls
Shame on zombies
Shame on buhari
Shame on apcheat

Nigeria will be great again.
Has it been great before
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by jonuel1(m): 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2018
madridguy:
Yes, after drinking over 50 liter of sapele water, Oga Jona pen signature on anything. tongue

is a pity sense isn't sold in the market...
Re: Fear Of Defeat Behind Buhari’s Refusal To Sign Electoral Act Amendment by okomogo(m): 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
madridguy:
Everybody just dey talk anyhow
It shall not be well with you and your cohort. You are paid peanuts to talk nonsense here. I will soon start laying curse on anyone that sees the truth and turn the other way. Our country is going down for God's sake.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll / Abe Joins Rivers APC Guber Race, Vows To Resist Illegality, Rascality / Ortom Controversy: Peter Obi Asks Supporters To Desist From Name-Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.