Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari (18422 Views)

Aisha Buhari Presents Awards To Korede Bello, Iyanya, IK Ogbonna, Ken Erics / Peter Okoye Wins International Achievement Recognition Awards (Photo) / Photos From Aisha Abimbola Burial In Toronto As She Is Laid To Rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by israelmao(m): 7:10am On Dec 13, 2018
One wonders where were all these awards before now?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 7:18am On Dec 13, 2018
skales67:

Nope. They have a name for their own movie industry. Kannywood is Hausa

Nollywood actors and movies are bedrock of Igbo and Niger Deltan actors.
what is their name
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by phase1: 7:19am On Dec 13, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
what is their name

yorubawood.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 7:21am On Dec 13, 2018
phase1:

yorubawood.

Alex Eyengho defined Nollywood as "the totality of activities taking place in the Nigerian film industry, be it in English, igbo , Hausa , Yoruba ,
Itsekiri, Edo , Efik , Ijaw , Urhobo or any other of the over 300 Nigerian languages ". He further stated that "the historical trajectory of Nollywood started since the pre and post independent Nigeria, with the theatrical (stage) and cinematic (celluloid) efforts of the likes of Chief Hubert Ogunde, Chief Amata, Baba Sala ,
Ade Love , Eddie Ugboma and a few others

source Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2018
skales67:

Think again

Yorubas started Nollywood

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by supereagle(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2018
EmekaBlue:
Abeg is yoruba movies also called Nollywood?

The name is for all the actors in Nigeria, although ,the English version has hijiked it

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by jidxin(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2018
EmekaBlue:
hausa movies too right?!
nope

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by saucemanny(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2018
praizblog:
Nollywood actors Especially yoruba actors Muyiwa Ade mola, fathia williams, iyabo ojo and many others were presented award of recognition from the wife of the president Aisha Buhari.

See more photos and video below

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/yoruba-nollywood-actors-received-recognition-awards-from-aisha-buhari/

zero award...wey my guy?odulade,adebayo....una meh...APC don start to bribe yoruba actors....that one go win election.awon scammer!!!!
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by overall90: 7:25am On Dec 13, 2018
supereagle:

The name is for all the actors in Nigeria, although ,the English version has hijiked it

hijacked by who and how?
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by phase1: 7:25am On Dec 13, 2018
babyfaceafrica:

Alex Eyengho defined Nollywood as "the totality of activities taking place in the Nigerian film industry, be it in English, igbo , Hausa , Yoruba ,
Itsekiri, Edo , Efik , Ijaw , Urhobo or any other of the over 300 Nigerian languages ". He further stated that "the historical trajectory of Nollywood started since the pre and post independent Nigeria, with the theatrical (stage) and cinematic (celluloid) efforts of the likes of Chief Hubert Ogunde, Chief Amata, Baba Sala ,
Ade Love , Eddie Ugboma and a few others

source Wikipedia

Na plenty turenchi you dey speak. Hausa is kannywood, yoruba is yorubawood/oduduwood, Igbo/NDelta is Nollywood. You know it, I know it.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 7:27am On Dec 13, 2018
phase1:

Na plenty turenchi you dey speak. Hausa is kannywood, yoruba is yorubawood/oduduwood, Igbo/NDelta is Nollywood. You know it, I know it.
.k.
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by skales67(m): 7:33am On Dec 13, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Think again

Yorubas started Nollywood

Igbos PERFECTED IT and MADE IT GLOBAL!
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 7:40am On Dec 13, 2018
skales67:

Igbos PERFECTED IT and MADE IT GLOBAL!
Who are the Igbos
Omotola Jalade
Ramsy Noah
Destmond Elliot
Olu Jacobs
Joke Silva
the Afolayan brothers

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by movetoca: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
what is their name
Yoruwood
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2018
skales67:

Oponu, na Ibo be English na...that's why u have to wait more than 2 decades to get an indigenous channel on a cable tv. Bedrock ko, chairrock ni
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Dareal90s(m): 7:47am On Dec 13, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Who are the Igbos

Omotola Jalade

Ramsy Noah

Destmond Elliot

Olu Jacobs

Joke Silva

the Afolayan brothers
Lol, Biafrans now fighting so hard to bear d name Nollywood. Even the president of Nollywood is mostly Yoruba's. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by AuroraB(f): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2018
neolboy:
But why are Yoruba actors and actresses more active during election period?

My observation though
My brother, it's 'Atenuje' QED embarassed
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by SoNature(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2018
Buhari and Aisha have no rights whatsoever to give awards
Have we all lost our minds in Africa?
Please people don't recognize people...organizations or countries do!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by skales67(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Who are the Igbos

[s]Omotola Jalade

Ramsy Noah

Destmond Elliot

Olu Jacobs

Joke Silva

the Afolayan brothers[/s]

Kenneth Okonkwo

Pete Edochie

Kanayo O Kanayo

Genevieve Nnaji

Rita Dominic

Stephanie Okereke

Amaechi Mounaghor

Nkem Owoh

Bob Manuel Udokwu

Patience Ozokwor

Ucharia Anunobi

Ngozi Eseonu

Rita Njemanze

Jim Iyke

Emeka Ike

These ones are veteran actors and most of them started acting way before the names on that your "dwarf list" up there. I have not even included the recent crop of Igbo actors.

No argue with me

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by XaviDayo(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2018
Bunch of balls and ass lickers. You guys are in a good position to speak truth to power...but for a small change...u will all sing and dance.
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by BizBayo: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2018
skales67:

Yoruba movie industry is also called Nollywood, including indegeneous Igbo movies. Hausa movie industry was suppose to be part of, but they pulled out for reasons known to them. Nollywood is the bedrock of the whole Southern Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 8:03am On Dec 13, 2018
skales67:

Kenneth Okonkwo

Pete Edochie

Kanayo O Kanayo

Genevieve Nnaji

Rita Dominic

Stephanie Okereke

Amaechi Mounaghor

Nkem Owoh

Bob Manuel Udokwu

Patience Ozokwor

Ucharia Anunobi

Ngozi Eseonu

Rita Njemanze

Jim Iyke

Emeka Ike

These ones are veteran actors and most of them started acting way before the names on that your "dwarf list" up there. I have not even included the recent crop of Igbo actors.

No argue with me

You are daft as daft can be grin

First of all, none of those on your list started acting before Olu Jacobs and Joke Silva. Olu Jacobs started acting in British television series before even Crossing over to the Nigeria movie scene.

Hence, your comeback is filled with Aba statistics. cheesy

Secondly, I thought you will submit a list of 70 actors, since you claimed you own the industry.

Thus, I find this your comeback weak and lame

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by 9gerian: 8:10am On Dec 13, 2018
Na so!

This is the only time people get to see brake lights of politicians and their wives.

CarGuidNG:
smiley

Politics as usual. Elections around the corner.
We provide customized VIN Checks and reports for car buyers, dealers and owners to ensure you don't end up with a vehicle with dangerous and hidden damage history
Signature
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by skales67(m): 8:17am On Dec 13, 2018
luxy44:

Oponu, na Ibo be English na...that's why u have to wait more than 2 decades to get an indigenous channel on a cable tv. Bedrock ko, chairrock ni

Seun, lalasticlala, fynestboi...

Unprovoked insult!
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by efighter: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2018
I hope Atikuloot and Obituary together with the shameless Owu perennial letter writer and the drunk ineffectual buffoon in Otuoke can now see where Yoruba votes are going. SAI BABA, SAI BUHARI, SAI OSINBAJO.
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 13, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Who are the Igbos

Omotola Jalade

Ramsy Noah

Destmond Elliot

Olu Jacobs

Joke Silva

the Afolayan brothers
omo no go dah way u go lose oo
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 8:38am On Dec 13, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
omo no go dah way u go lose oo
let us go there please

Jide kosoko

Funke Akindele

Fusho Adeolu

Bimbo Akintola

Ayo Adesanya

Etc
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2018
Iamgrey5:
let us go there please

Jide kosoko

Funke Akindele

Fusho Adeolu

Bimbo Akintola

Etc

lol who wan begin list nonsense with you jobless boy when i get patients to take care of...you have google
Cure your ignorance
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
lol who wan begin list nonsense with you jobless boy when i get patients to take care of...you have google
Cure your ignorance
Uncle Nairaland imaginary doctor, you mentioned me first not the other way round. So I wonder why you had mention your imaginary occupation cause I don't give a Bleep.

Moving on, I believe you should put your money where your mouth his and back your claim with proofs. As an imaginary student of science that you claimed to be, you should know science students only work with facts.

Google is a search engine not a tool to legitimize false statistics cheesy
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Fatherofdragons: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2018
Yoruber actors? who knows them beyond the waste lands? abeg make we see road.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Uncle Nairaland imaginary doctor, you mentioned me first not the other way round. So I wonder why you had mention your imaginary occupation cause I don't give a Bleep.

Moving on, I believe you should put your money where your mouth his and back your claim with proofs. As an imaginary student of science that you claimed to be, you should know science students only work with facts.

Google is a search engine not a tool to legitimize false statistics cheesy
lol pikin go and get a biro and start listing names of yorubawood actors ....you only listed 5 above....you can do better...or even better still write a project on how yorubas started nollywood and dominated it
Re: Yoruba Nollywood Actors Receive Recognition Awards From Aisha Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 9:11am On Dec 13, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
lol pikin go and get a biro and start listing names of yorubawood actors ....you only listed 5 above....you can do better...or even better still write a project on how yorubas started nollywood and dominated it
lol

You are just a common Nairaland dimwit. cheesy

I am sure you will have seen that I have listed more than ten on this thread already

By the way, hope your imaginary patients isn't dead yet.

Imagine a doctor typing like a teenager, oponu cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr Amir Drags Kcee And Harrysong To Court / Stella Damasus’ Second Marriage Collapses ( How True Is This?) / Don’t Rush Me Into Marriage, Dbanj Pleads With Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.