Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation (22794 Views)

LASEPA Shuts Down Olaiya Foods & Bukka Hut In Lekki Phase 1 Over Noise Pollution / Olaiya Igwe Campaigning Naked For Tinubu (Video, Photo) / Fayemi Honours Outstanding Youths In Ekiti, Awards Prizes For Essay Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by sojiboy(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
FAYEMI HONOURS OLAIYA, OAU'S BEST GRADUATING STUDENT AT CONVOCATION

Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi on Thursday praised Dr Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University's Overall Best Graduating Student for demonstrating the core values of hard work and excellence for which Ekiti people are known.

The 24-year old Usin- Ekiti born graduate of Medicine had distinctions in 11 courses, breaking 28 years’ old record of the institution.

Governor Fayemi who attended the 43rd Convocation ceremony of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Thursday specifically to honour Aarinola, said she had shown that Ekiti is not a state of stomach infrastructure but the country’s intellectual capital.

The Governor said Aarinola would be given all the support she desires in her quest for greater heights.

Dr Fayemi said: “I want to pledge before this august audience and the council, she hasn't told me what she wants to do but whatever she tells me, she can consider it done.

“If she wants to go into housemanship, residency or even a PhD in medicine, we will support her. It is very important to us that we restore the values for which we are known in Ekiti.

“We are not a state of stomach infrastructure. We are the centre of excellence in this country and when it comes to intellectual capital, we really should restore our very first place and that's what the government in Ekiti is about.”

“It is about promoting the knowledge economy and celebrating the very best of us who have a lot to teach the rest of us because I know medicine is not a tea party. For her to have impressed all of her lecturers and broke all of the records here which excellent people have set here, I hope the college will retain Aarinola. Having produced her, it is only fair to let Ife have her, Fayemi said.

Signed

Yinka Oyebode

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Nukilia: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2018
Congratulations to our little daughter!!! Good news from a particular region of the country grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by psychologist(m): 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
Came to see pictures but Op disappointed embarassed

Slams thread door behind me angry

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Abdulhakeem78(m): 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
“We are not a state of stomach infrastructure. We are the centre of excellence in this country and when it comes to intellectual capital, we really should restore our very first place and that's what the government in Ekiti is about.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by georjay(m): 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2018

Ouch!!!! this one loud

Subtle jibe!!!

29 Likes

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by PhilAmadeus: 7:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
Good and soothing news coming from Ekiti State, congratulations � �
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Olalan(m): 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
Cool brillance and hard work is recognised and celebrated
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
Stale news...
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by SAMBARRY: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
You better collect the money that you'll use and establish a hospital including all the modern facilities.

If you like go and read PhD. You will smell yourself when ASUU goes on strike as usual

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Jonadull: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
Afonja and brain be like 5 and 6

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by fatymore(f): 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
Well done and congrats
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by omoteacher(m): 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

Good of her and to her family. Rewarding intellectual bountifully and not only beauty pageants contestants.
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
fatymore:
Well done and congrats

I know you
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by KINGJAJA888(m): 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
MY Department. "department of medicine " we always have the best brains IN the world..

IF U WANT TO GIVE BIRTH TO SUPER INTELLIGENT KIDS JUST MARRY A DOCTOR. I'M A LIVING TESTIMONY cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by SAMBARRY: 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2018
KINGJAJA888:
MY Department. "department of medicine " we always have the best brains IN the world..

IF U WANT TO GIVE BIRTH TO SUPER INTELLIGENT KIDS JUST MARRY A DOCTOR. AM A LIVING TESTIMONY cheesy kiss

Na why you no sabi the difference between I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY AND AM A LIVING TESTIMONY

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by tuzle(m): 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2018
Why are girls just graduating as overall best, so girls are more brilliant than boys

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by adem30: 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2018
Who noticed that females are now best graduating student in almost all schools in Nigeria now a days. Boys are now into yahoo and sport betting while female rules

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Stupid school with frustrated old hags as lecturers. I had a 2,1 from that shithole, so it isn't about hate!
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
camobri:
Stupid school with frustrated old hags as lecturers. I had a 2,1 from that shithole, so it isn't about hate!
Lol, it's obvious it's not really about hate Mr 2.1!

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
Congratulations to the young man lady.
All the best for the darling.

Our girls are more intelligent than girls obviously.
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2018
Na den dey rush us grin grin. We're aptly a similitude and epitome of rare intelligence. Before reading this piece, I guessed just right...that the Dr must be an ekitite. I'm proudly ekitite as well. Congrats out young Dr
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2018
KINGJAJA888:

IF U WANT TO GIVE BIRTH TO SUPER INTELLIGENT KIDS JUST MARRY A DOCTOR. I'M A LIVING TESTIMONY cheesy kiss
That's not true, in the school I worked as a trainee teacher, there is this girl in my class, her daddy and mummy are both doctors but guess what? she is not intelligent, not even close, when I was scoring their exam scripts, she scored 6/60 in one of her exam scripts, not to talk of other papers, this girl has American accent, its no joke but not intelligent and she is a slow writer. This thing happened this year.

I believe the reason for that is 'cause doctors are always busy and they don't have time for their children, in my class, only few parents check their children's books and assignment, the overall best pupil in that class has an attentive mother that always check her home works and class works.

As an educationist who did child and development psychology as a course, I don't believe intelligence is hereditary, I believe it is acquired. I believe in catching them young when they are still in nursery and primary school, that gives them a good foundation cause that's where they start from. If I'm made Minister of Education tomorrow, I will make sure primary and nursery school teachers are well paid ,they are doing a great and hectic job.

19 Likes

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by deepwater(f): 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2018
lol

Not to sound as a sadist

Truth is that this non sense of straight As and Distinctions are not suppose to be records at all

Let our records be meaningful to mankind, let us learn to set records to help humanity

While we are setting and breaking 28 years old records of As and distinction, the whites are breaking records in innovation and discoveries, providing solution to better man kind.

I know that school OAU very well just like any other hyped non sense in Nigeria. Once you get admitted, all you hear about is one guy that set a record in 1975, 1980, 1985 et al WTF?

all on your mind is i must break that record even if it is via la cram la pour!

The whites get into school with motivations different from this, go and check on line even here on Nairaland, our so called first class guys are asking people o write motivation letter for their scholarship application for them.

Does it mean as an applicant you dont know what really motivates you to further to your studies overseas? After 4-7 years as an undergraduate ?

Well what do i know other than to fix a boat at abuloma jetty

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by notoriousbabe: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
We should have special day for walking Unclad just to remember ADAM AND EVIL
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by obawinner(m): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2018
Colourich:
That's not true, in the school I worked as a trainee teacher, there is this girl in my class, her daddy and mummy are both doctors but guess what? she is not intelligent, not even close, when I was scoring their exam scripts, she scored 6/60 in one of her exam scripts, not to talk of other papers, this girl has American accent, its no joke but not intelligent and she is a slow writer. This thing happened this year.

I believe the reason for that is 'cause doctors are always busy and they don't have time for their children, in my class, only few parents check their children's books and assignment, the overall best pupil in that class has an attentive mother that always check her home works and class works.

As an educationist who did child and development psychology as a course, I don't believe intelligence is hereditary, I believe it is acquired. I believe in catching them young when they are still in nursery and primary school, that gives them a good foundation cause that's where they start from. If I'm made Minister of Education tomorrow, I will make sure primary and nursery school teachers are well paid ,they are doing a great and hectic job.
You nailed it ma'am

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
obawinner:
You nailed it ma'am
Thanks.
Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by jonath0012(m): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
Colourich:

I don't know who you are, but I love you

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation by joeking2222: 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2018
psychologist:
Came to see pictures but Op disappointed embarassed

Slams thread door behind me angry
lolssss.......guy e con b like say na both of us waka come con see d same tin.....but d guy fall mai hand BIG time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Congratulate Oyetola, Says Light Prevailed Over Darkness / ‘Late Tunde Idiagbon Was A Very Rare Example Of Loyalty To Fatherland’ –Buhari / 2023: Don't Vote For Anybody Who Tells You It Will Be Easy - Sanusi (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.