Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,355 members, 7,860,936 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:23 PM

Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence (2358 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Abduct Channelstv Reporter In Port-harcourt / Peter Obi And Datti Baba-Ahmed ChannelsTV Interview (Live) / Buhari's Presidential Interview On ChannelsTV: What Are Your Talking Points? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 6:24am On Dec 14, 2018
John Momoh (born 1 July 1957) is a Nigerian
broadcast journalist and the Chairman and CEO of Channels TV , an independent and multiple award-winning 24-hour news and media television channel based in Lagos . [2] He is widely recognized in Nigeria as a transformative industry pioneer with the 37-year-long career in news television broadcasting. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Momoh. John Momoh is now the Director General of BON. The Chairman and CEO of Channels TV, John Momoh » has reportedly emerged the chairman of the Broadcast Organisation of Nigeria (BON) after a keenly contested election.
According to a report by Financial Watch, Momoh's emergence has put him on a class of his own as he becomes the first private media owner to lead BON.
Widely referred to as an industry pioneer with a 37-year-long career, Momoh will lead BON's over 100 members and over 250 radio and television stations.
Advertisement
Aged 59, Momoh is an alumnus of the UK’s Thomson Foundation, University of Lagos, Lagos Business School, and Harvard Business School.
After its establishment in 1973, BON currently has 14 members as its Central Working Committee (CWC) and they include Nigerian Television Authority (1), Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (1)Voice of Nigeria (1), DAAR Communications (1), Silverbird Communications (1), Chair from the North West, North East, North Central, South South, South West,South East regions (6), Independent Broadcasters Association of Nigeria (2) and Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer (1). https://opera.pulse.ng/news/local/john-momoh-channels-tv-boss-emerges-bon-chairman-id5314477.html

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by helinues: 6:25am On Dec 14, 2018
This guy sha

Always lamenting whenever things do not go his way. Sha stay away from politics after 2019 election.
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 6:30am On Dec 14, 2018
more

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 6:32am On Dec 14, 2018
Presidential candidate Ezekwesili upset at BON General Assembly. https://www.legit.ng/1206370-presidential-candidate-ezekwesili-upset-bon-general-assembly.html

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by JasonScoolari: 6:34am On Dec 14, 2018
Lol, you think his recent appointment as the DG of BON was based on merit? You think the sudden increase of the Nigeria Police salary was from his heart?

Fear the lifeless one, fear the demons advising him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 6:37am On Dec 14, 2018
where the problem start from was when the BON refused to include the sahara reporters CEO, which doubles as the presidential candidate of AAC, the BON DG didn't include his name among the candidate that will be set for a debate today. Nigerians react in his exclusion of his name. http://culturecustodian.com/sowore-protests-as-nedg-bon-exclude-him-from-presidential-debate/

3 Likes

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 6:47am On Dec 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by netpro(m): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2018
If they sue you for character assassination, you will start screaming oppression. Keep up with the lies.

Opposition is not madness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2018
netpro:
If they sue you for character assassination, you will start screaming oppression. Keep up with the lies.

Opposition is not madness.
i exposed him with source here and you are here saying trash. you better mind your business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by seanfer(m): 7:26am On Dec 14, 2018
You’re back with your propaganda.... What do you have to say about Silverbird, and AIT..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 7:33am On Dec 14, 2018
seanfer:
You’re back with your propaganda.... What do you have to say about Silverbird, and AIT..
please don't derail the thread thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Lol, you think his recent appointment as the DG of BON was based on merit? You think the sudden increase of the Nigeria Police salary was from his heart?

Fear the lifeless one, fear the demons advising him.
not based on merit. infact he was appointed to be of favour to the federal government. he failed woefully in organising the debate.

1 Like

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2018
Sowore To Sue Channels TV Boss For Excluding Him From Debate . The African Action Congress has written a letter to the Chairman of Channels Television, Mr. John Momoh, threatening to sue him, the Broadcast Organisation of Nigeria and the Nigeria Elections Debate Group if its Presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, is not listed among those that will participate in the Presidential debate
The NEDG, organisers of the presidential debate in collaboration with the BON, had revealed that it selected five candidates on “character, conduct and other things of the candidates”.
Those invited include: President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party; and a former Minister of Education, Mrs.Oby Ezekwesili of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria.
The two others invited include: the Presidential candidate of the Alliance for New Nigeria, Fela Durotoye; and Young Progressives Party candidate, Kingsley Moghalu.
However, in a letter signed by the National Legal Adviser of the AAC, Mr. Inibehe Effiong, the party described the exclusion of Sowore as a breach of Section 100 of the Electoral Act which states that all political parties be given fair representation and media exposure.
The party said if Sowore was not included, the AAC would go to court to stop the event from holding.
The letter read in part, “From the foregoing, it is apparent that the decision to exclude the AAC from the NEDG/BON 2019 Presidential election debate is unconstitutional, illegal, arbitrary, undemocratic, unjustifiable and indefensible.
“Accordingly, I hereby demand the inclusion of the AAC in the scheduled NEDG/BON 2019 Presidential election debate.
“Please take notice that if the AAC is not included in the said debate as demanded, we shall commence legal action against you, the BON and the NEDG in a court of competent jurisdiction to seek redress, including an order of injunction restraining you, BON and the NEDG from holding or organising the scheduled debate.”
Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/sowore-to-sue-channels-tv-boss-for.html
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by quickberry(m): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2018
grin

Johnnyessence is still suffering from the defeat of his party at the Osun guber polls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 8:52am On Dec 14, 2018
quickberry:
grin

Johnnyessence is still suffering from the defeat of his party at the Osun guber polls
after yesterday victory in osun state election tribunal,more victory ahead. I'm not afraid at all. distinguished senator ademola adeleke is a goal.the whole world knows that oyetola is a daylight robber. Source: http://www.nairafame.com/2018/12/osun-governorship-dispute-tribunal.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by quickberry(m): 8:55am On Dec 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
after yesterday victory in osun state election tribunal,more victory ahead. I'm not afraid at all. distinguished senator ademola adeleke is a goal.the whole world knows that oyetola is a daylight robber. Source: http://www.nairafame.com/2018/12/osun-governorship-dispute-tribunal.html?m=1

Victory in your dreams....Ileri Oluwa ti se already

3 Likes

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Raptureminded(m): 9:07am On Dec 14, 2018
OP continue I dey gbadun u
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 9:24am On Dec 14, 2018
quickberry:

Victory in your dreams....Ileri Oluwa ti se already
victory start from the beginning and it will end in victory in next year when the judge will give his verdict in the tribunal. keep following up the tribunal proceedings, the world knows that oyetola is a daylight robber.

1 Like

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2018
Raptureminded:
OP continue I dey gbadun u
you are welcome sir, well the truths will always prevail on every side.

1 Like

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Mace0lane: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
you are welcome sir, well the truths will always prevail on every side.
keep fooling your kinsmen

1 Like

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by quickberry(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
victory start from the beginning and it will end in victory in next year when the judge will give his verdict in the tribunal. keep following up the tribunal proceedings, the world knows that oyetola is a daylight robber.

grin grin

Eni to ri owo e loju ala ton dunnu....keep wishing..it is allowed but God's promise has been fulfiiled
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by haladadon: 10:01am On Dec 14, 2018
how are we sure the debate questions won't be leaked to the Dullard.

and he will still forget the questions.

Let's watch out for the bias of channels TV on this upcoming debate. This bias will be clearly shown on the VP debate.

1 Like

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by netpro(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
i exposed him with source here and you are here saying trash. you better mind your business.

His bio, you posted here is the nonsense you tender in court.

Yesterday you were caught red handed celebrating fake news on court verdict, this early morning are peddling another blackmail. Don't forget, Ekiti tribunal are still waiting for the evidence you promised PDP. Yeye.
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 14, 2018
netpro:

Yesterday you were caught red handed celebrating fake news on court verdict, this early morning are peddling another blackmail. Don't forget, Ekiti tribunal are still waiting for the evidence you promised PDP. Yeye.
He only shared the biography of Momoh and nothing else. How he termed it as "exposed" is what I don't understand.
When you are bias you become foolish, that's the case with Johnny.

I'm also waiting for his evidence he promised Fayose and the PDP. He told me personally after the election that he has evidences that will help them win in court but he hasn't answered me about it whenever I call him out.

...and BTW allow Johnny to keep spreading fake news, he is trying to justify his pay for the yuletide. His paymasters are watching and scrutinizing him monthly, he doesn't want to disappoint and go cashless this season.

2 Likes

Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2018
netpro:

after the evidence the pdp tender in the court of law hmmm. by january you will hear the verdict.
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 11:15am On Dec 14, 2018
kingkakaone:

He only shared the biography of Momoh and nothing else. How he termed it as "exposed" is what I don't understand.
When you are bias you become foolish, that's the case with Johnny.

I'm also waiting for his evidence he promised Fayose and the PDP. He told me personally after the election that he has evidences that will help them win in court but he hasn't answered me about it whenever I call him out.

...and BTW allow Johnny to keep spreading fake news, he is trying to justify his pay for the yuletide. His paymasters are watching and scrutinizing him monthly, he doesn't want to disappoint and go cashless this season.
na only almighty God go forgive you with this your lies and propaganda, I'm not in any transaction with any body. it just that the truth will alway prevail always. i have been on nairaland for more than 5 years now and am still viewing it. so please name the paymasters that is paying me or be silent for the rest of your life. you don't even know me here . just keep shut ok. i will always be saying truth here if you refused to say it.
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 11:17am On Dec 14, 2018
quickberry:

grin grin

Eni to ri owo e loju ala ton dunnu....keep wishing..it is allowed but God's promise has been fulfiiled
another victory in the tribunal yesterday. you just have to be following the proceedings on punch, tribune and vanguard online newspaper. oyetola is a daylight robber.
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2018
Mace0lane:
keep fooling your kinsmen
who are your kinsmen, you stop blowing your lies and propaganda here ok. i will continue bursting you zombie.
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by quickberry(m): 11:20am On Dec 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
another victory in the tribunal yesterday. you just have to be following the proceedings on punch, tribune and vanguard online newspaper. oyetola is a daylight robber.

grin grin

You guys are just wasting your time and money....ileri Oluwa ti se
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by Johnnyessence(m): 11:24am On Dec 14, 2018
quickberry:

grin grin

You guys are just wasting your time and money....ileri Oluwa ti se
oju lo pesi. distinguished senator ademola adeleke will get his mandate back. I'm against cheating. the whole world knows that oyetola is a daylight robber.
Re: Why Channelstv Boss Has Been Bought By The Federal Government-Johnnyessence by quickberry(m): 11:26am On Dec 14, 2018
Johnnyessence:
oju lo pesi. distinguished senator ademola adeleke will get his mandate back. I'm against cheating. the whole world knows that oyetola is a daylight robber.

In your dreams

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Photos Of Osinbajo Practicing His Next Devil Inauguration / Video: Ben Murray Bruce’s Daughter, Jasmine Shooting Gun, Father Reacts / Nnamdi Kanu Suffering From Acute Schizophrenia – Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.