Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life (1206 Views)

Incredible New Footage Shows Titanic Wreck In Highest Quality Ever (Video, Pics) / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) / Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by revontuli(f): 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2018
Filmed by the Lumière brothers in the dawn of film. They added sound for ambiance, the original was silent. Very clear video showing what it was like 120+ years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjDclfAFRB4

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
Wow! I was at this very location this year's summer. The structure is still very intact till today. I also visited Eiffel tower. Amazing !
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by oskaroni(m): 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
Me can't imagine how these guys enjoyed their lives without what we re enjoying now, sometimes i feel lucky to find myself in dz current generation with such improvements in modern day technology, but feel bad anytime i remember say God trowey me put for Nigeria, of all countries, aaargh. But sha, wat do i know, God knows best cool wink
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by revontuli(f): 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
awelekiti:
Wow! I was at this very location this year's summer. The structure is still very intact till today. I also visited Eiffel tower. Amazing !

They were lucky none of it got destroyed in earthquakes or WW2 bombing.
I want to visit there some day.
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 15, 2018
revontuli:

They were lucky none of it got destroyed in earthquakes or WW2 bombing.
I want to visit there some day.
Pls do. France has amazing sites . You'd also enjoy amazing shopping in their malls in Paris. The below is Eiffel tower. I took the photograph of it during my visit recently. The ground floor was under renovation as of then. I also snapped pictures there but can't display my face here, lol. I'm a public figure so, I like keeping my identity anonymous here as always .

2 Likes

Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by revontuli(f): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
awelekiti:
Pls do. France has amazing sites . You'd also enjoy amazing shopping in their malls in Paris. The below is Eiffel tower. I took the photograph of it during my visit recently. The ground floor was under renovation as of then. I also snapped pictures there but can't display my face here, lol. I'm a public figure so, I like keeping my identity anonymous here as always .

I think I will avoid the malls, I have sensory processing disorder and I can go to noisy places only with earplugs. But the malls have far more stimuli than noise, it literally makes me ill to spend more than 5 minutes there. I think I'll be more interested i the architecture, historical places, museums. If you are a public figure in Nigeria I wouldn't recognize you anyway, I don't even recognize the public figures where I live smiley

Not a good idea to go there in major holiday season cause of islamist terrorist attacks. But the city is so beautiful with all the history and geat arctitecture, I should go if I can find a travel companion (I can't travel on my own to unfamiliar big cities cause of my sensory processing problems and dyspraxia issues) so I will go when one of my friends is going.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
revontuli:

I think I will avoid the malls, I have sensory processing disorder and I can go to noisy places only with earplugs. But the malls have far more stimuli than noise, it literally makes me ill to spend more than 5 minutes there. I think I'll be more interested i the architecture, historical places, museums. If you are a public figure in Nigeria I wouldn't recognize you anyway, I don't even recognize the public figures where I live smiley

Not a good idea to go there in major holiday season cause of islamist terrorist attacks. But the city is so beautiful with all the history and geat arctitecture, I should go if I can find a travel companion (I can't travel on my own to unfamiliar big cities cause of my sensory processing problems and dyspraxia issues) so I will go when one of my friends is going.
I see. Nothing to fear dear. Their malls are safe. By the way, where are you?

1 Like

Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by lastclaire4(f): 12:08am On Dec 16, 2018
awelekiti:
Amazing shopping? Please, what do you mean by amazing shopping? If it is in terms of price, I didn't see anything amazing or could it be the place I stayed?

1 Like

Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2018
lastclaire4:

Amazing shopping? Please, what do you mean by amazing shopping? If it is in terms of price, I didn't see anything amazing or could it be the place I stayed?
Yes, @ chalet des halles in paris

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by lastclaire4(f): 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
awelekiti:
Yes, @ chalet des halles in paris

I know Chalet but... at the time I was buying gifts wasn't so sure of the quality. So I ended up restricting my shopping to quatre temps.Maybe next time. Thanks.
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
lastclaire4:

I know Chalet but... at the time I was buying gifts wasn't so sure of the quality. So I ended up restricting my shopping to quatre temps.Maybe next time. Thanks.
You're welcome bro. please visit there someday and shop, you'd have a different shopping experience in a noiseless and secure environment. There are side attractions too up the mall where you'd see some magicians performing tricks with their dogs and parrots, lol
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by lastclaire4(f): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
awelekiti:
You're welcome bro. please visit there someday and shop, you'd have a different shopping experience in a noiseless and secure environment. There are side attractions too up the mall where you'd see some magicians performing tricks with their dogs and parrots, lol

Lol I am a babe. If it is security where I stay is top notch as in top notch. I see those magicians in the malls but... I am on the move to go out to places. Thanks for opening my eye
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2018
lastclaire4:

Lol I am a babe. If it is security where I stay is top notch as in top notch. I see those magicians in the malls but... I am on the move to go out to places.
Apologies please, thought you were a guy like me, lol. Do you live in France?
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by lastclaire4(f): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
awelekiti:
Apologies please, thought you were a guy like me, lol. Do you live in France?

Heavy naija babe. I live here in naija
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
lastclaire4:

Heavy naija babe. I live here in naija
hehe. Ok babe. If you're planning your next summer holiday in France, you may let me know and I'd sure be your tour guide. I visit there quite often. We have a manufacturer there in Tours

1 Like

Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by lastclaire4(f): 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
awelekiti:
hehe. Ok babe. If you're planning your next summer holiday in France, you may let me know and I'd sure be your tour guide. I visit there quite often. We have a manufacturer there in Tours

Ok no problem.
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
lastclaire4:

Ok no problem.
Regards
Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by revontuli(f): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
awelekiti:
I see. Nothing to fear dear. Their malls are safe. By the way, where are you?
I'm in Finland. Not a big fan of shopping malls and shopping unnecessary things, anyway. I'd rather take photos of the architecture, historical buildings and museum artifacts. Photos don't weigh anything! Or cost anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Late 1890s - Possibly Some Of The Best Footage Of 19th Century Everyday Life by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
revontuli:

I'm in Finland. Not a big fan of shopping malls and shopping unnecessary things, anyway. I'd rather take photos of the architecture, historical buildings and museum artifacts. Photos don't weigh anything! Or cost anything.
ok good grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will She Be Allowed Into Canada / Can I Renew My Passport Without A NIN / BREAKING:Vandals Damage Lagos-lbadan Railway Track,Trains Forced To Stop In Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.