Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

I Need Building Tips - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Building Tips (9792 Views)

I Need Building Plan For A Three Bedroom And Two Room & Parlour Self Contain / Need Building Construction? / Do You Need Building Materials Like Steel Rods, Mersh Wire .e.tc Call Us Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Building Tips by jidody(m): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2007
Thanks a lot. This really helps. How much do the washed granite go for? I was advised that for Ajah terrain, granite is better. What do you think. Thanks.
Re: I Need Building Tips by ajileko: 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2007
Here is a good website that will help you out,

http://www.nigeriapropertiesonline.com/price_quotes.php
Re: I Need Building Tips by Gobi38: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2007
Hello Guys,

I need your help - I am Yankee base and in the process of venturing into Naija real estate market. I recently got a quote for a plot (960 sqm) of Land in Lekki Phase 2 for 7.5 M Naira. Is this price reasonable for that area, I have heard a lot of stories of non naija base being reaped off by family members supervising their real estate projects? I am just trying to minimize my risk. Thanks a lot GURUS
Re: I Need Building Tips by ricki: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2007
gobi i was once just like you, now with that money i can buy a whole town elsewhere, but this depends on if you want a bling bling place or not.

1 Like

Re: I Need Building Tips by Gobi38: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2007
Thanks ricki - for now I only want to restrict my investment on the Island due to the high ROI (Return on Investment). The rental income is very high on the island, back to my main question - is 7.5m naira a reasonable price for a plot of land in Lekki Phase 2. Guys I beg I need your imputs - I work very hard for my money. Thanks
Re: I Need Building Tips by lammie01: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2007
does any please know how much a plot of land costs at Abraham Adesanya estate ajah. I being offered 2.5M plot of land to build a bungalow.

Also does anyone have any rough idea how much it would cost to build a 3 bed bungalow with decent finishing at the same estate.

I would appreciate if someone please provides information as I am based in the UK.
Re: I Need Building Tips by lammie01: 10:43am On Nov 01, 2007
does any please know how much a plot of land costs at Abraham Adesanya estate ajah. I being offered 2.5M plot of land to build a bungalow.

Also does anyone have any rough idea how much it would cost to build a 3 bed bungalow with decent finishing at the same estate.

I would appreciate if someone please provides information as I am based in the UK.
Re: I Need Building Tips by jumeks: 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2007
Hello everyone,

I have been reading all the threads and I will say that you guys have wealth of knowledge. I will be going through this direction in the new year, but we are in the process of looking for land in Lagos. Our intention is to build a 5bedroom duplex. this is where I need your input.

Should I go for a plot of plan or two?

Who are the professionals that will be involve in this project and roughly how much does there service cost?

Many thanks and Happy Holidays!
Re: I Need Building Tips by boyelarry: 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2007
Hello londoncool,

I have always express my own opinion about this issue you raised. why not save yourself all this stress by building a house without sweat. The only way you can do this si to have the right proffessionals to handle your project. One, get an architect to do your design and get the plan approved with the government. After this, get a qualified building contractor not a bricklayer to come up with the cost for the building project and after this get a cost consultant who should be a quantity surveyor to check the cost supplied and as well who will be helping you in the course of construction to check the work of the contractor if the work done is commesurate with the money paid to him. With this you will have peace of mind as this proffessionals will serve as checks and balances for each other while your brother overseas everybody and reports back to you. I am a builder and i always believe in handling a building project proffessionally. you can reach me on 08029478202 or e mail seggs.partners@yahoo.com in case you want to get a builder
Re: I Need Building Tips by awonboiz: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2008
@jumeks

Compliments of the season to you.

1. Plot(s) acquistion in lagos largely depends on 2 factors :

* Location of (desired) plots - as different locations in Lagos comes with different plot price.

* Your requirements i.e. spaces you desire in your propose/dream house.

2. Building professionals that will be involved includes (but not limited to) surveyor, architect, structural engineer, quantity surveyor e.t.c.

Each professional service charge varies, with the architect dictating the pace.

We at Teakadol Limited can only but speak for ourselves in terms of our professional charges.

We offer friendly and moderate professional charges.

Kindly contact us at teakadolconsultlimited@yahoo.com.

Warm regards.

We remain,

Teakadol Limited.
Re: I Need Building Tips by LondonCool(m): 1:17am On Jan 11, 2008
boye/larry:

Hello londoncool,

I have always express my own opinion about this issue you raised. why not save yourself all this stress by building a house without sweat. The only way you can do this si to have the right proffessionals to handle your project. One, get an architect to do your design and get the plan approved with the government. After this, get a qualified building contractor not a bricklayer to come up with the cost for the building project and after this get a cost consultant who should be a quantity surveyor to check the cost supplied and as well who will be helping you in the course of construction to check the work of the contractor if the work done is commesurate with the money paid to him. With this you will have peace of mind as this proffessionals will serve as checks and balances for each other while your brother overseas everybody and reports back to you. I am a builder and i always believe in handling a building project proffessionally. you can reach me on 08029478202 or e mail seggs.partners@yahoo.com in case you want to get a builder

@boye/larry,

Thanks for your tips. They have been noted. I will be in Calabar by next month to supervise the construction of the fenced wall round the plot of land, then sit down with the Architect over the final building design and get it approved. Would you be able to take up a building contract in Calabar as I presume you are in Lagos ?
Re: I Need Building Tips by agbahowe: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2009
I need someone to give some estimate about the cost of building a four bedroom duplex in nigeria, as I am eager to start developing my plot soon

Cheers
Re: I Need Building Tips by larez(m): 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2009
It's very interesting to read the advise and comments being shared here. All these convince me that there is a serious difference in Paradigm between Nigeria and the United States in doing business. Particularly in Building construction. My first question is about cash flow: How is cash flow managed? Will the contractors have to be at the mercy of the owner to get paid when their draws are due? And what determines the security of funds for the sub-contractors and workers?

Being a Design/Builder in the United States for over 20 years and moved to Nigeria a little over 2 years ago, we do not embark on a project without seeing that the funds will be available as per progress of the project. I noted that the Author of the project talked about a 24 month time frame for the construction. I am not sure that I will be interested in such a project.

Credibility and profit is based on the logistics ability of the typical builder in the United States, and in-fact, our sub-contractors submit their bills on Tuesday typically, and we have their checks ready on Fridays. In Nigeria however, I find contractors and workers dancing to the whims of the owners. With a very unreliable court system, this opens them to manipulation. I think it is very unfair and should not be so. I have refused to accept many projects from people in Nigeria because of the Big-Man mentality that is very apparent with many rich people here. There is no way, I will submit myself to putting out quality work which lacks compromise, and then have to beg to be paid. Funds will have to be placed in escrow, and released as per agreed construction schedule.

To summarize, the very unprofessional climate in Nigeria has convinced me that the only way forward in doing projects for me, will be if it were my project or a venture. I will rather spend my time and efforts in dealing with the logistics and quality control of my projects than running around to courts or begging for my compensation. Funds for the completion of projects will have to be proven first before any consideration of me taking a project. Here is one of the homes that I built in the U.S.

Re: I Need Building Tips by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2009
first off, standard billing practices do not apply in nigeria. your firm may bill in hours etal, but you will be hard pressed to find any clients in nigeria that will stand for that. nad this includes big customers like mobil, etal. i should know - i worked in a consulting firm for a year.

as to executing projects, most contractors do not have capital, so they execute projects with bank loans. which often leads to problems, as clients ofetn do not pay on time. as to chasing your money in the courts, well litigation isnt big in nigeria.

its always advisable to collect a significant portion of your fees upfront. this is especially true if u're running govt projects. continuity practically does not exist in the nigerian environment.

nigerians do not value 'book learning' and there's this conception that the technicians/artisans are the ones that 'know the work'
Re: I Need Building Tips by larez(m): 3:04am On Jan 17, 2009
oyb:

first off, standard billing practices do not apply in nigeria. your firm may bill in hours etal, but you will be hard pressed to find any clients in nigeria that will stand for that. nad this includes big customers like mobil, etal. i should know - i worked in a consulting firm for a year.

as to executing projects, most contractors do not have capital, so they execute projects with bank loans. which often leads to problems, as clients ofetn do not pay on time. as to chasing your money in the courts, well litigation isnt big in nigeria.

its always advisable to collect a significant portion of your fees upfront. this is especially true if u're running govt projects. continuity practically does not exist in the nigerian environment.

nigerians do not value 'book learning' and there's this conception that the technicians/artisans are the ones that 'know the work'

I understand what you mean as far as Government is concerned. However, in the private sector, things are as written in your contractual agreement. I am sure that companies like Julius Berger do not have to beg to get paid
Re: I Need Building Tips by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 17, 2009
whatever you do. . .don't take up work with mike adenuga. . .

i hear that alot of his happy birthday ads in the papers are really appeals 'pay us our money'

its a whole diff ballgame out here
Re: I Need Building Tips by larez(m): 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2009
oyb:

whatever you do. . .don't take up work with mike adenuga. . .

i hear that alot of his happy birthday ads in the papers are really appeals 'pay us our money'

its a whole diff ballgame out here

Thank you for your advice. The way things workout in Nigeria gets very scary. I guess the best way forward will be to control the project completely by owning it (with in-house partners of course), and financing it. Then the only thing one has to worry about is selling it.
Re: I Need Building Tips by sunjongs(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2009
Hi Londoncool.
here for Naija, it is advisable to build self contain to let out to students of unical students. I will suggest you maximise the plot, depending on the measurement say if its 50/100*2 you could have 18 one bedroom flat in there IE duplex up and down.
I just hope you understand me. and this goes for 200000 p/a *18 apartments=3.6m annual returns on investments. how about that.
Re: I Need Building Tips by sonety2k(m): 10:55am On Jul 13, 2009
cool
Re: I Need Building Tips by hanoipp: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2009
Dear sir : Mr, ,Mrs ,Madam

My company from Hanoi Viet Nam we want to export some goods. There are currently a number of products exported:
1. clothes men sex, clothing T-Shirt. polo shirt etc ,
2. short clothes, sports clothes.
3. clothes by the order form that foreign companies set.
4. some type slices brick layer, Tiles and wall.( ceramic)

If you want to import goods from VietNam we can help you.
Please contact us directly, all requests only information email: hanoipp@yahoo.com, our products will satisfy the requirements for you
http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/hanoipp/
http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/hanoipp/CLOTHES/
look forward to receiving your answer you.
Vu-Van-Thang +
Import-Export Mananger
hanoipp at yahoo dot com
Re: I Need Building Tips by sonety2k(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2009
Am really enjoying this thread
Re: I Need Building Tips by edogram1(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2009
here is 4flat i had some one finding for flat pic

Re: I Need Building Tips by larez(m): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2009
I wonder how the thread Author's project went. Can we have some updates?
Re: I Need Building Tips by insight04: 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2009
The Architectural design for the project was done by Megaplan, the plan was approved by the Govt but later on the land had some encumberance issues during the C of O application stage. So the project is on hold till the issue is resolved
Re: I Need Building Tips by LondonCool(m): 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
Topic bumped up
Re: I Need Building Tips by skimanski(m): 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
Looking for an Architect? You show us your space and we make it look unique. Be it an empty plot, or a half built house, or a completed house, or a rented apartment or a Proposed shop. This is the right place to be.

Affordable architectural designs. Construction, Renovations, and Interiors. (Tiling, Kitchen, furnishings and solving general House problems)
CHECK OUT MY TREND https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works
Architect Jude O. Odemwingie.
email: skimanski4life@yahoo.com
email; denstlimited@hotmail.com
email: dnstructures@gmail.com
Tel; 08038390386

Re: I Need Building Tips by topsy23: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
For Your Electrical Design And Installation that meet IEE standard and Maintenance:
-Preparation of bill of Engineering Evaluation and Measurement also known as BOQ
-Conduit system of wiring
-Surface Wiring
-Trunking system of wiring
-Change-over panel
-Electrical panel
-Isolators
-Cables
Electrical wiring accessories e.g switches and sockets of any type etc

PLUMBING
-Water closet, wash hand basin, Installation of tanks, Water treatment plant, borehole

For further info call 08033643191 or 08051750560
Email; atope23@live.co.uk or ababatope2003@yahoo.com
My BB pin: 2BD4790C
Re: I Need Building Tips by LondonCool(m): 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bumped
Re: I Need Building Tips by LondonCool(m): 8:48am On Mar 29, 2015
After nearly 8 years since I wrote this thread seeking building tips I am about to start my building project. It's a 5 bedroom bungalow.

Watch this space for updates
Re: I Need Building Tips by eghosajohnny: 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
LondonCool:
After nearly 8 years since I wrote this thread seeking building tips I am about to start my building project. It's a 5 bedroom bungalow.

Watch this space for updates

I can handle your project for you

Re: I Need Building Tips by LondonCool(m): 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
eghosajohnny:

I can handle your project for you

eghosajohnny,

Thanks. Where are you based?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun State Government To Lock Houses Without Toilet Facilities, Arrest Landlords / Construction Of Customary Court Of Appeal Building At Orozo, Abuja / Affordable Aluminium Composite Panel (ACP) From Alucopanelnigeria.com - Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.