Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 (7596 Views)

PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / Photos Of The New LASTMA Cabs Set To Be Launched / Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by nellaluv(f): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2010
tobaina:

air police ke? air police means air bribe grin
LWKMD grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by mrlaconic: 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2010
Nairalanders una no go use laff kill person,na wetin dey make me always come here be dat,just to read ppl comment,and the laff dey make tears comot 4 my eyes! grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by reindeer: 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2010
Oh dear!
Now there'll be hold-ups in the air, knowing Nigerians.
Think about this too, it becomes the new status symbol for a ''level' crazy country like nija, all politicians will buy,after a while all roads in abuja will be deserted.
Come to think of it, when are they going to make flying fuel tankers? grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by mrofficial(m): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
No more visa. No more ticket. grin grin grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by bashydemy(m): 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2010
Well i know as soon as the Car has been lunched and the politicians and there Family started using it then there will also be a Flying kidnapper's make we just keep out finger cross
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by tobaina: 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2010
mr.official:

loolz, who says?
with air imigration officers, and air workers.
na air things dey happen nw o! land don tire us grin grin grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by samdigo(m): 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2010
these cars wld be droping out the air in nigeria, with fuel scarcity, impatience, and rough driving, man this is a recipi for disaster
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by chiteny(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
There would be air black marketters of fuel, air police and air bribe to the police (this time it would be more than N50 or N20, maybe N500)
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by beeman80: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2010
Nigerians will certainly love this car with our 'rushing nature'. Laughs. Just hope dey dont fall on those of us that choose to remain on the ground.
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Parnassuss(m): 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2010
Whatever. the concept's been there for anyone to pick. Its just a small plane, not a flying car. Even so i applaud. Lets see its market reception.
Bet you Diddy gets one though. undecided
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by MyJoe: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2010
beeman80:

Nigerians will certainly love this car with our 'rushing nature'. Laughs. Just hope dey dont fall on those of us that choose to remain on the ground.
I think Nigerians will love it for the possibilities. Think: No need to go queue at the American embassy. Just take off from your garage to the US! No border checks, no customs, No NCAA. When you get to the US you skip the airport and land in a primary school. Amazing!  wink
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by 5p1naz(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
great innovation, great idea but then, thinking this great master piece through, we've all been looking at the bright side of it. . . just like the gun, when it was first introduced everybody welcomed the idea, but today it stands out as the worst invention know to man because for this new invention,
- who is gonna be in charge of air traffic if you have 100 cars flying out there and no1 to control their routes(which is totally impossible) air travel might rise to become the most dangerous form of transportation. . .
- thieves / armed robbers can use this as a form of transportation when on duty
- terrorist can use this to drop bombs on US soil territories especially because now air traffic control unit cant monitor all flights in the atmosphere . . . more and more troubles. . .

great thinking from the whoever tho. . . .
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Demdem(m): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
Mobinga:

What If you're mid-way through the ocean and fuel finishes?
What if you need to poop and your in air?
Can it accomodate fat people like THAT NSE woman?
By the way its pretty cheap about 17 million max

grin grin grin grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by lourash(m): 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2010
wires on electric poles will surely end any journey on this kind of car in lagos
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Mbeki: 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2010
To control the air-car is the simplest thing. Just recruit witches from Naija as air police, they fly faster than Boeing 747, talk more of one new toy car.
These witches fly on groundnut peel to america in a second to kill a victim and back to their coven

at 29 million naira per one, the first 1000 cars from the production line will be ordered by national assembly members,as the amount is a chicken change to them, and the car will afford them the chance to dodge all the people they made fake political promises to.
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by nellaluv(f): 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
MyJoe:

I think Nigerians will love it for the possibilities. Think: No need to go queue at the American embassy. Just take from your garage to the US! No border checks, no customs, No NCAA. When you get to the US you skip the airport and land in a primary school. Amazing! wink
Amazingly daft, 'cos you need clearance and authorization to enter another country's air space and land on their soil or else you're toast tongue .
Mbeki:

To control the air-car is the simplest thing. Just recruit witches from Naija as air police, they fly faster than Boeing 747, talk more of one new toy car.
These witches fly on groundnut peel to america in a second to kill a victim and back to their coven

at 29 million naira per one, the first 1000 cars from the production line will be ordered by national assembly members,as the amount is a chicken change to them, and the car will afford them the chance to dodge all the people they made fake political promises to.
You seems to know a lot about witches, are you sure you not a witch yourself in disguise in need of a real job. . tongue , i kid, just pulling ur legs grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by aikokoro: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
reminds me of that Bruce Willis sci-fi movie
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by aikokoro: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2010
will be good for exploring all the natural jewels in Nigeria.
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Denn(m): 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2010
cant wait for nairaland dealers to make it available, remember american specs, leather seats and airbags, airbags in the air, maybe we need sandbags,

good innovation.

critiques expected though, do you know the first car regulations required that a man ran in front of the car aving a red flag and announcing to pedestrians that a machine was coming

The Locomotive Act 1865 (Red Flag Act)
The Locomotive Act 1865 (Red Flag Act):[3]

Set speed limits of 4 mph (6 km/h) in the country and 2 mph (3 km/h) in towns.
Stipulated that self-propelled vehicles should be accompanied by a crew of three: the driver, a stoker and a man with a red flag walking 60 yards (55 m) ahead of each vehicle. The man with a red flag or lantern enforced a walking pace, and warned horse riders and horse drawn traffic of the approach of a self propelled machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locomotive_Act
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by kobikwelu(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2010
as for planes dropping of the sky, everytin is a risk in life

but that does not mean we should not advance in life,

there will be designated fly routes for such cars,

and dont forget before you can drive, you would have to go for flying lessons
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by kobikwelu(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2010
cant wait for nairaland dealers to make it available, remember american specs, leather seats and airbags, airbags in the air, maybe we need sandbags,

good innovation.

critiques expected though, do you know the first car regulations required that a man ran in front of the car aving a red flag and announcing to pedestrians that a machine was coming

The Locomotive Act 1865 (Red Flag Act)
The Locomotive Act 1865 (Red Flag Act):[3]

Set speed limits of 4 mph (6 km/h) in the country and 2 mph (3 km/h) in towns.
Stipulated that self-propelled vehicles should be accompanied by a crew of three: the driver, a stoker and a man with a red flag walking 60 yards (55 m) ahead of each vehicle. The man with a red flag or lantern enforced a walking pace, and warned horse riders and horse drawn traffic of the approach of a self propelled machine.

^^^^^^^^^ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

wow!!!!!

really puts stuff in perspective
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by symbianDON(m): 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
now dat there's the air-car i guess the chinese will be quick to invent the flying okada. in case there's congestion in air traffic you ll still be able to get around very quickly!
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by obojo(m): 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2010
armed robbers will soon start flying into people's estates and compounds, No need 2 break door,
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by OMAALE(m): 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2010
grin grin grin
That means there will be Air Safety Of Nigeria, Air Police of Nigeria, Nigerian Air Space Protection and Usage + Uncountable deaths each blessed day,  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by MyJoe: 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2010
nellaluv:

Amazingly daft, 'cos you need clearance and authorization to enter another country's air space and land on their soil or else you're toast tongue
That statement was made tongue in cheek, as it is hard to see how that curio can do Nigeria to US. A kid of six would have spotted that from the post, but not you. Your haste to slur people and the words you employ hardly say much about your breeding, Miss.
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Fhemmmy: 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2010
I love this Honda Flying Car

Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2010
this kinda car will be hard to operate in lagos, first issue to think about is the take off space that will not be avialable
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2010
mr.official:

u are dreaming, because it is not even a long distance aiplane grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by BluMalam(m): 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2010
o.k, i don hear una wella. Di tori sweet for my ear. wetin i wan know na whether my mechanic go fit fix am if e spoil

i hope say road safety no go arrest me on top road because i no get dat headphone wey pilot dey wear, even if my wing don spoil.

no fashi me becos i no go skool o, i get beta land wey my papa die leave for me, i go sell am buy dis motoplane

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by CyberG: 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2010
This is when I wish I was a mechanic, I will be the first to line-up for upgrading course for repairing this flying birds! Imagine say only 10 come Naija, na money be that ooo!
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
^^ sorry, the maintenance is done by Aeronautics Eng., not road side mechanics
Re: Flying Car To Be Launched Commercially In 2011 by tpiah: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2010
reminds me of that Bruce Willis sci-fi movie

me too.

armed robbers will soon start flying into people's estates and compounds, No need 2 break door,

haba shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Essential Fluids Your Vehicle Cannot Go Without / 20 Killed In Bayelsa Auto Crash / Honda Halla Or Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.